Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,217 members, 7,815,253 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits (37257 Views)

NIN-Bank Linkage: 85.51 Million Bank Customers Risk Account Suspension / Skye Bank Customers Don't Panic - 10 Things To Know About Skye Bank Takeover / How Bank Officials Withdrew My Money Through Swallowed ATM Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Thislifee: 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
GreyLaw:

I just cannot stop laughing. You are simply joking. It has nothing with loosing your details. Did you fail to read the fact that insiders can move your money? I have a friend in the UK who left just 250k in her Nigerian account and it was removed completely without trace.
Which of the Nigerian bank account?
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Thislifee: 12:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
GreyLaw:

I just cannot stop laughing. You are simply joking. It has nothing with loosing your details. Did you fail to read the fact that insiders can move your money? I have a friend in the UK who left just 250k in her Nigerian account and it was removed completely without trace.

Which bank?
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Benoxvals(m): 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
Thislifee:

Go on and sue them.. just the same that am trying to sue Nysc.

UBA disappointed me..
I had high hopes for that bank..
We both have to do what we can to get justice and little reward for the damages done by those institutions.
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Selfmotivated: 12:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://thenationonlineng.net/how-insider-abuse-affects-bank-customers-deposits/
First Bank deducted 1200 from my account for no reason, Nigeria banks and fraud is like 5 & 6. Thinking of opening account with zenith bank though
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by DonNeon: 12:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
What's the solution to all this now, these banks can't always have their way now
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Rayjnr: 12:46pm On Sep 04, 2022
poseidon12:

So which ones do you recommend?

Check out for the following
1 their response to issues or complaints.
2 what is the percentage of fraud related issues compared to others in the industry
3 their customer base, my brother if they have too much customers, their ability to get their network right becomes rocket science
You may wanna try any of Fcmb, first bank, fidelity, Sterling and ksb

1 Like

Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by dominic17: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
An average Nigerian is not born criminal but the system made behave like criminal, put a system in place and see Nigerians behave better.

Kingzeez10:
An average Nigerian is a criminal. The earlier we realize the better.

1 Like

Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Kobicove(m): 12:53pm On Sep 04, 2022
Dialpad:
The banks have a solution to this problems but they are not ready to fix it since there are no consequences.

They are probably still using outdated security systems that should have been updated and upgraded based on new trends in security.

Even with the best security system if you have staff that are corrupt there is little you can do to eliminate fraud completely.

The main problem is that the Nigerian society is very corrupt! angry
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by CrownLands(m): 1:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
The case of fraudulent withdrawal from bank customers account is steadily rising over the years. It is pertinent to note that, most of these complaints shows that there's a collaboration between bank staffers and the swindlers.

Anytime I received any call or SMS pertaining to my banking details or Account; I don't give away any info. I just rush to the nearest branch to lay a complaint.
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Esthered: 1:15pm On Sep 04, 2022
I think NIBSS should be first checked. Upon some prospective customers being enrolled for BVN without an account being opened, they receive calls from unscrupulous elements masquerading as bank officials asking if they have opened an account.....
If NIBSS is monitored and not treated as a mere government agency, the fraud via phone calls will be at it's barest minimum. Banks should aggressively sensitize their customers as some gullible.

3 Likes

Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by sircatherine45(m): 1:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
Rayjnr:

Check out for the following
1 their response to issues or complaints.
2 what is the percentage of fraud related issues compared to others in the industry
3 their customer base, my brother if they have too much customers, their ability to get their network right becomes rocket science
You may wanna try any of Fcmb, first bank, fidelity, Sterling and ksb

I'll advice you not to use FCMB. Them go use charges finish you. The best bank to use is Stanbic and Kuda bank. The former is a traditional bank, the latter is a fintech bank.
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by tunjijones(m): 1:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
GreyLaw:

I wish I could engage you in discussion one on one. Let me tell you, the average Nigerian is not worse than the average European, In those countries the law applies and offenders are punished. In Nigeriz the law doesn't apply and this gets ingrained in the consciousness of people so they keep commiting evil.

Nigerians are not inherently bad. Yes, division can help. If the country divides today people will ensure that the old system is replaced and laws would begin to apply. No human being is good anywhere; the fear of the law, jail, and death sentence is ewhat makes people fall in line. Ever asked yourself why people don't act stupid in China? Because the law applies in full force.

If the law begins to apply today in Nigeria people will sit up.

I agree with you. It's only when good system is put in place to tackle crime and corruption, most people will put their self in check.

If the country divides, it's most likely it's the same set of politicians that will still lead each of the new country. That won't stop southwestern in their new country not to do yahoo or ritual killings, that won't stop the south east not to push drugs, that won't stop the northern from banditry and religious killings, that won't stop kidnapping in South South.
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by einsteine(m): 1:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
unite4real:
I stopped reading when I got to the part on the article where it says GTB in one year had 673.7M complain.

"GTB recorded 673.7m complaints attached to claims of N3.09bn."

How is that possible. Not even in China will such a number spring out.

I weak for our journalists in Nigeria.

This year, I have lodged exactly 83 complaints with GTB. They have close to 20 million accounts. The number is not far fetched.

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by bonechamberlain(m): 1:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
tunjijones:

Division will not solve anything. Will division change people's mentality? Will division stop Nigerians from crime.

An average Nigerian is a bad person. An average Nigerian Is criminal minded. Most people don't exhibit the criminality in them cos they don't have the opportunity yet.
Division would solve a lot of problems. A lot of illegal happenings in Nigeria is a result of the absence of justice and sanction. The belief that one group is superior to the other.

A northerner obviously a Fulani would commit a crime and go Scott free, don't u think that would embolden others to commit crime.

In a divided Nigeria every region would sit up because there would be no language or tribal segregation to be used to whip up sentiments.

If a Igbo man commits a crime in igboland he gets the punishment same with Yoruba man, but in Nigeria an Igbo or a Yoruba man would commit a crime but because he has connections to some Northern power (who feel they own Nigeria) he makes some dirty deal with them and go free, this is what is happening.

Crime and corruption in Nigeria is high because of the core North, they are not accountable, loot endlessly, kill at will because of some political power they claim to weild and what do the southern lackeys do join in the stealing and praise their Northern crime partners in order not to be accountable also.

These won't happen in a divided Nigeria, where if there is a protest in Oduduwa, there would be no way to term it a Igbo or Hausa protest, in order to destroy the aim of the protest, which would make the government sit up.

That's is why no serious revolution can happen in Nigeria because even before it starts, it would turn into an ethnic and tribal warfare.
The subsidy of 2012 is an example, end SARS is also and example. Anytime something that looks like a serious plan to change the status quo in the country come up tribal, religious and ethnic sentiments are being whipped up to destroy the plan.

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by hope4nigeria(m): 2:00pm On Sep 04, 2022
See
jeromestarks:
Somebody should summarize this thing for me Abeg.
Banks employ graduates on contract basis, pay them #40k per month. They overwork and stressed with nothing to show, Yahoo boys penetrate these contract staffs offer them better pay to compromise customers info. Allas country men's money beging loss.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by OgaDeyVex: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
Nawa o
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by unite4real: 2:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
einsteine:

This year, I have lodged exactly 83 complaints with GTB. They have close to 20 million accounts. The number is not far fetched.

For what sake did u have to count the complain. Are they 83 unique complaints or follow up to a particular complaint. If they are unique complaints then you shouldn't be doing digital banking because it's strange

Myself,.my wife, my mother and brother that live with me all have GTB and we have not lodge any complain this year. It doesn't mean we don't have issues from time to time. Like ATM debit without dispenses which eventually reversed

You do not have to assume that all 20M customers lodged complains. To say total complain was over 673.7M is a fat typo error from the journalist. Did you read the part in the article where it said out of 673.7M complaints, 672.1M were successfully resolved? That the complain remaining to be treated were just over 1k. That's 99.8% successful resolutions. Are u getting this at all?

Which business in the world resolve customer problems with 99.8% success? Even the world's top 10 companies cannot achieve that. Only n heaven this can happen.
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by ejimatic: 2:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://thenationonlineng.net/how-insider-abuse-affects-bank-customers-deposits/
. " The questions that I am asking are: how did the scammers know my email, name, date of birth and so many things about me, if there were no insiders from the bank". This is how the bank staff connive with scammers: When the bank officers are less busy they will be browsing customers' accounts and keep a record of account numbers ,account names and so on. They later supply them to scammers who excute their plans. They have called me several times about my date of birth and many who are close to me. The truth is bank officers harbour fraudsters! What we need is to be careful!

2 Likes

Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by einsteine(m): 3:10pm On Sep 04, 2022
unite4real:

For what sake did u have to count the complain. Are they 83 unique complaints or follow up to a particular complaint. If they are unique complaints then you shouldn't be doing digital banking because it's strange

Myself,.my wife, my mother and brother that live with me all have GTB and we have not lodge any complain this year. It doesn't mean we don't have issues from time to time. Like ATM debit without dispenses which eventually reversed

You do not have to assume that all 20M customers lodged complains. To say total complain was over 673.7M is a fat typo error from the journalist. Did you read the part in the article where it said out of 673.7M complaints, 672.1M were successfully resolved? That the complain remaining to be treated were just over 1k. That's 99.8% successful resolutions. Are u getting this at all?

Which business in the world resolve customer problems with 99.8% success? Even the world's top 10 companies cannot achieve that. Only n heaven this can happen.

You don't do transactions often, I guess. Gtb's transfers fail way more than any bank. I do hundreds of transactions weekly and no less than 10 fail. Without a complaint, you don't get your refund. Failed transfers, fingerprint withdrawals etc.
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by 2badForReal: 3:11pm On Sep 04, 2022
Just burn down the particular branch that refused to act positively on your complain
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Desusi: 3:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
Orisirisi ! Hmmmm,may God deliver us Amen.
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Habillah(m): 3:26pm On Sep 04, 2022
Just last week Lost 260,000 to fraudulent withdrawal from my Eco bank account I reported to customer care uptill now they are still working on it. Just tied of the banking system in Nigeria.
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Tycyborg(m): 3:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
Omo Access bank na dead oo,2million plus,lol .

What about access 673 million complaint lol
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Revolva(m): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
GreyLaw:

True it can happen especially when they reason that , the owner is not always using the bank account for long time or eve. If they observed that the owner is dead , Dem go find way move the bar and delete all transaction details

Nigerian bankers are fraudulent most times
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Tycyborg(m): 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
SouthSouth1914:
Nigeria’s problem accordingly-

Judiciary.
Security operatives.
Banks.
Village people.

Nigerian problem... As arranged

Individual citizen
Citizen
Nigerians
Nigeria people...
We the citizen from the grassroot to the top are the problem...
If they bring all US citizen to Nigeria and we mover to US in the next 2 years USA will look like nigeria and Nigeria will be more beautiful than USA even if it is monkey that is ruling them.
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by CheapHomes1: 3:31pm On Sep 04, 2022
Dialpad:
The banks have a solution to this problems but they are not ready to fix it since there are no consequences.

They are probably still using outdated security systems that should have been updated and upgraded based on new trends in security.

According to you, "The banks have a solution to this problems but they are not ready to fix it since there are no consequences".

How come you are still saying that outdated security system is now the issue?
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by YeePeyHaa: 3:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
9:00 am: Credit Alert N5000

9:01 am: Debit Alert N0.11, Balance: N4999.89

So where did the abstract money went to huh?

If you want to borrow money, their interest rates are from 35-39%

If you want to withdraw , people plenty for ATM,
If you want to deposit, people plenty inside the bank

Nowadays, POS guys are taking in TRILLIONS OF NAIRA from the small small N100 and N50, that people give them for transactions.

So now the million dollar question is
WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF OUR BANKS?
ARE THEY SOLVING OUR PROBLEMS? OR ARE THEY CREATING MORE PROBLEMS?

1 Like

Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by darediamond(m): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
nlfpmod:

Never Keep your money in the Bank.

The Banks Are A Tool To Impoverish The Commons or Masses Or The Ruled or "THE USELESS EATERS" as they do call you and I in the Circus.

The Bank is A To To Legally FIGTH The Government Financially By Using Naira Which They Are Everyday Making Worthless To Satisfy I. M. F headed indirectly by Queen Elizabeth Of present day England.

Be Wise. Engage in Arbitrage Business With Your Naira as low as 5 thousand.

I am not speak for the sake of it here.

Those Banks are Both friends and enemies of the masses!!

Access Bank like Zenith Bank are pure Runs Banks!!!!

Others are UBA, ECO and G. T. B!!!

If you run a current account with them all, Goodluck to you.

The reasons for what I said I can not talk about on here.

All Banks are in Business to make money. This is the first green light for we the masses expecially those who are OUTSIDE NIGERIA!!!
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by AngelaInteriorz: 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
Rayjnr:
I so much pity customers that put their life savings in these four Banks,
Zenith
Access
Gtb
Uba
I am in the financial sector, just as CBN rightly said, they don't resolve issues.

Since April 1st, 2022. GTB has failed to refund my 20k in a failed POS dispense transaction.

I have called them, tweeted, emailed them, physically visited the branch severally but they just won't refund my money. How do one get back at them?
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by AngelaInteriorz: 4:21pm On Sep 04, 2022
Ayodeoba:
Access bank should be held for ridiculous charges,I remembered one night,a sum of thirty three thousand went missing overnight from my gtb account,I rushed down to gtb bank,they knew what I could do based on the fact I was working with a press then,they refunded my money after 20working days

Since April 1st, 2022. GTB has failed to refund my 20k in a failed POS dispense transaction.

I have called them, tweeted, emailed them, physically visited the branch severally but they just won't refund my money. How do one get back at them?
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by Tqw1: 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2022
Hmmm
Re: How Bank Staff-Assisted Frauds Affect Bank Customers’ Deposits by AngelaInteriorz: 4:41pm On Sep 04, 2022
einsteine:

I don't even know why I still use GTB despite they not refunding my money and they never even help small businesses with loan.
What good does that bank even offer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Deal In Agric Products From North / Arthur Eze Hosts Birthday Reception For Prince Olisa, Visits Prisons, IDP Camps / What Is The Valid Zip Code For Nigeria? Pls Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.