Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,224 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? (1636 Views)

I Have Broken The Jinx Of Who Is Your Father In Oyo Politics – Seyi Makinde / Seyi Makinde Visits Demolished Fresh FM In Ibadan / Ambode For Second Term Pure Water (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by garfield1: 10:21am On Sep 04, 2022
Makinde was elected on the strength of an alliance of parties led by rasheed ladoja,shsrafadeen,alli,femi lanlehin etc.this alliance has collapsed.seyi hads performed averagely,a large part of his first tenure was spent on politicking.him alongside wike have been involved in the internal politics of pdp at the national level plus his fight with fayose over sw pdp.all these has distracted him.another factor that gave him victory was the hatred for late ajimobi who is now dead.therefore,all the factors that brought him victory have vanished.he now has two candidates from Ibadan to contend with.
The election will mirror that of 2015 where ajimobi,ladoja,folarin and makinde divided Ibadan votes while ladoja won ibarapa and akala won ogbomoso with ajimobi winning oke Ogun and Oyo which gave him victory.Ibadan has 11 lgas.both folarin and makinde hails from Ibadan north east and will divide their votes.ladoja from Ibadan north will deliver for adelabu.folarin will take Ibadan south west where ajimobi hails from while adelabu will win his ibadan south east..
Makinde will take ibarapa.apc has the edge in ogbomoso and Oyo.senator fatai buhari and shittu might deliver oke Ogun to folarin depending on what is on ground.it will be difficult,dont really know.these are just wishful analysis...over to oyoites

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Nplfmod
Fergie001
Abujason
Jrusky
Aiel
Vicdom
Kyase
Kahal
Seanfer
Helinues
Cajal
Passing shot
Omenka

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by PresidObi: 10:22am On Sep 04, 2022
It depends on the youths with voting powers. We saw them rallying for Peter Obi yesterday.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by God1000(m): 10:31am On Sep 04, 2022
He's fighting too many battles both at the state and national level

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by afroniger: 10:39am On Sep 04, 2022
Time will tell. But it's looking like he may not be too sure of his own chances, seeing the way he's been globetrotting with Wike for political reasons lately. Oyo governorship elections can be unpredictable.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by seunmsg(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2022
Adelabu will divide the votes of the opposition. I’m not particularly excited about the candidacy of Teslim Folarin. Makinde might not have performed to expectation but Teslim Folarin won’t be a better replacement. If Adelabu can’t get it, Makinde should just continue.

8 Likes

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by seunmsg(m): 10:43am On Sep 04, 2022
PresidObi:
It depends on the youths with voting powers. We saw them rallying for Peter Obi yesterday.

Give it a rest dude, Peter Obi will not get up to 10k votes in Ibadan.

8 Likes

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by MadeInTokyo: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2022
Makinde will get a second term
The oppositions in Oyo State are greatly factionalized and not united

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by masinga07(m): 10:47am On Sep 04, 2022
Fatai Buhari will deliver oke Ogun. Just imagine your foolishness. You just want to put your mouth in everything you have no knowledge about. Whoever told you APC can even carry second is deceiving you. Folarin is going to carry 3rd behind Seyi Makinde and Bayo Adelabu. You can bet whatever you have on it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by BATified2023: 10:47am On Sep 04, 2022
PresidObi:
stop this your madness abeg

Many of u don’t even understand the politics in different state,u just import your rubbish into what u know nothing about

Those people doing your 50 million match in different states are d Igbo traders there,so it is oyo that even political gladiators are egging it out that one unknown nyamiri will now talk crap

Y didn’t your 50 million match translate to votes in osun?
How can u score less than 3k votes in a state u boast of 50 million match

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Aiel123: 10:53am On Sep 04, 2022
@Garfield 1
Is Folarin from Ibadan?
He represents Oyo central senatorial district and Ibarapa and Ibadan zone fall in Oyo south ..pls clarify me
Sharafadeen Alli is APC senatorial candidate for Oyo south.
To your question, only a coalition can unseat Makinde.
His running mate Bayo Lawal is of good repute in Oyo north.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by BATified2023: 10:58am On Sep 04, 2022
seunmsg:

many of them don’t even understand internal they just talk out of abundance ignorance n it’s annoying

Comrade this is what me n my neighbor discussed this morning,I can tell u confidently that seyi makinde will win oyo state though it won’t b easy cos of his deputy defection n other factors

It would have been an easy with for apc if teslim folarin didn’t do rubbish at d apc guber primary,he made it clear that he had d federal might n he rubbish other apc aspirants with it,can u imagine changing the names of delegates 1 hour before primary?

Who does that?

As it stands now,apc is nothing right now in oyo the only thing that can unite them is presidential but not guber

Other apc aspirants that left have vowed to work against teslim cos it was pure daylight robbery n as it stands now seyi makinde is trying to correct his wrong because people he ignored during local government election he’s fixing them into different positions now

As regards other candidates,they will just b a spoiler to apc cos they all left apc n will prefer to work with seyi than apc

Right now the best tinubu can do is to try n unite d state for federal cos it’s obvious he won’t want to dabble into d state cos it’s too dirty n muddy

I see seyi makinde winning oyo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Solsix(m): 10:58am On Sep 04, 2022
afroniger:
Time will tell. But it's looking like he may not be too sure of his own chances, seeing the way he's been globetrotting with Wike for political reasons lately. Oyo governorship elections can be unpredictable.
Unfortunately for him, woke, ikpeazu, and ortom are second term governors .
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Owopariola001: 10:59am On Sep 04, 2022
seunmsg:

You're too generous.

You never see where a friend of a candidate turn party agent dey vote for another candidate?

Omo, forget, in Ibadan alone, Obi no go get up to 3k votes. And the whole of Oyo state no go reach 5k votes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by boyfrank: 11:02am On Sep 04, 2022
BATified2023:
stop this your madness abeg

Many of u don’t even understand the politics in different state,u just import your rubbish into what u know nothing about

Those people doing your 50 million match in different states are d Igbo traders there,so it is oyo that even political gladiators are egging it out that one unknown nyamiri will now talk crap

Y didn’t your 50 million match translate to votes in osun?
How can u score less than 3k votes in a state u boast of 50 million match

But u understand the politics of SS and Northern states when u believe Tinubu has a chance there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Jaymaxxy(m): 11:03am On Sep 04, 2022
Gov. Makinde is still the favourite as at this moment. However, if the oppositions agree to work together, it will be difficult for him. If Bayo Adelabu collapse his structure for Teslim Folarin and they were able to bring in Mulikat Adeola from Ogbomoso and Shina Peller from Oke-Ogun, Gov. Makinde won't find it easy.

1 Like

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by BATified2023: 11:03am On Sep 04, 2022
Owopariola001:

You're too generous.

You never see where a friend of a candidate turn party agent dey vote for another candidate?

Omo, forget, in Ibadan alone, Obi no go get up to 3k votes. And the whole of Oyo state no go reach 5k votes.
many of these igbos never know wetin wan hit them

They think it’s by online noise

The same people doing Igbo meeting association are d same people doing obi match n they are happy

I stay in Ibadan n I didn’t even know they did any match despite d fact that I drive pass iwo road at least twice a day

This people will wake up after election

3 Likes

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by seunmsg(m): 11:06am On Sep 04, 2022
Jaymaxxy:
Gov. Makinde is still the favourite as at this moment. However, if the oppositions agree to work together, it will be difficult for him. If Bayo Adelabu collapse his structure for Teslim Folarin and they were able to bring in Mulikat Adeola from Ogbomoso and Shina Peller from Oke-Ogun, Gov. Makinde won't find it easy.

Never going to happen. The division among these guys is too deep to be resolved. They will unite for the presidential election but work against each other for the governorship. It’s still Makinde’s election to lose.

3 Likes

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Aiel123: 11:17am On Sep 04, 2022
[quote author=seunmsg post=116342225]

Never going to happen. The division among these guys is too deep to be resolved. They will unite for the presidential election but work against each other for the governorship. It’s still Makinde’s election to lose. [/quote
You have good knowledge of Oyo politics.
You're an oyolite?
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Adexxi(m): 11:28am On Sep 04, 2022
Yes GSM will be elected, infact it very sure more than you will be alive till 2023.... As in you gangan grin

GSM got no opposition , Teslim is most hated politician in Ibadan, a well renowned hired Assassin . He will surely lose in all local govt in Ibadan . What I fear of is there might be blood shed cos' Teslim and Auxiliary are already loggerheads , hope I won't be the one to tell you the story?

I don't see Adelabu ruling oyo state , the guy no just sabi politics . After GSM reelection , it possible power might go to Okeogun axis , those people are power tasty right now and they are fully in support of Makinde cos' only him can take them to Agodi.

2 Likes

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by BATified2023: 11:34am On Sep 04, 2022
boyfrank:

But u understand the politics of SS and Northern states when u believe Tinubu has a chance there.
tell me what d politics of south south is about?

As for d north just lock up cos what many of u say is they will not vote tinubu cos of atiku but u forgot they voted abiola instead of Bashir tofa

They voted obj instead of many of their sons

They voted Jonathan instead of their don

What many of u don’t understand is that the north will not want another northerner to win cos it will be a 16 year straight rule for north n they know it will cause upset so they will look for a southerner they can align with n u n I know it can b an Igbo that called them animal few months ago but calling them darling now cos of their votes

N besides peter obi is making it a religious election by trying to pitch d Christian’s against d Muslims same way he pitched catholic against Anglican in anambra

Your eye go clear

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by BATified2023: 11:35am On Sep 04, 2022
seunmsg:

Never going to happen. The division among these guys is too deep to be resolved. They will unite for the presidential election but work against each other for the governorship. It’s still Makinde’s election to lose.
u sabi

They can only work together for federal n not state
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Addme: 11:45am On Sep 04, 2022
This is Makinde election to lose, nothing can change that. It's even surer than his first term. I can confidently tell you that there's no opposition right now,forget Teslim, it's not going to happen.
Why do you think he still sits back in London 6 months to the election?
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Jostoman: 11:46am On Sep 04, 2022
Makinde will win with Big margin
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by ajani2311: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2022
10k na beans?if he gets 3k na ground breaking
seunmsg:

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Bobloco: 11:58am On Sep 04, 2022
BATified2023:
many of these igbos never know wetin wan hit them

They think it’s by online noise

The same people doing Igbo meeting association are d same people doing obi match n they are happy

I stay in Ibadan n I didn’t even know they did any match despite d fact that I drive pass iwo road at least twice a day

This people will wake up after election

I like your confidence but as you analyse the coming general election , have it in mind that Tinubu will not win the 2023 president election

It very clear and the earlier you get accustomed to it the better

Infact Tinubu should prepare his congratulatory message because he will congratulate the winner by 4pm on election day
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by LegendHero(m): 12:09pm On Sep 04, 2022
seunmsg:
Adelabu will divide the votes of the opposition. I’m not particularly excited about the candidacy of Teslim Folarin. Makinde might not have performed to expectation but Teslim Folarin won’t be a better replacement. If Adelabu can’t get it, Makinde should just continue.

Well Adelabu can never get it so I think Makinde might eventually be the beneficiary of the crack of the former APC guys.

I’m not excited with any of Makinde or Teslim. Oyo already enter one chance, maybe by 2027 the state will will get a working governor.

1 Like

Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by nameo: 12:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
Tinubu APC urchinns butt hurt after they told us that only 4 persons will vote for Obi in Oyo.
And then, puff: Oyo and Ogun happened yesterday.

I can now say confidently that Obi will do very well in other SW states apart from Lagos(which he may even win).

SW votes will be divided into 3, and Obi will have his fair share. No Block votes for the old man.

And that is what we want

PS; As for Governorship, Makinde will very likey win
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by BATified2023: 12:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
Bobloco:

I like your confidence but as you analyse the coming general election , have it in mind that Tinubu will not win the 2023 president election

It very clear and the earlier you get accustomed to it the better

Infact Tinubu should prepare his congratulatory message because he will congratulate the winner by 4pm on election day
e go hook u for Neck for this will pass shock
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Bobloco: 12:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
BATified2023:
e go hook u for Neck for this will pass shock

With the way you dey carry this thing for head, I pray you survive the shock because Tinubu will not win

The earlier you get accustomed to it the better for you and your well being
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by Sammysolution: 12:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
Oga op, you seems to have little knowledge about Oyo state voting pattern, ogbomosho don't vote progressive since time immemorial, even with Alao Akala supporting APC in 2019, and I don't think Ibadan people will vote Teslim Folarin, because most people believe him to be a killer due to Elewemo's death in 2010/2011, and a stingy man, cos of the popular rumour that he went and take back the transformers he gave to some communities after losing the 2015 gubernatorial election, which he came distant fourth, and with the Bayo Adelabu's factor, contesting under ACCORD PARTY, that is another spoiler for him, Teslim might get some votes from ibarapa, but yet, I don't see that coming easy with Debo Ogundoyin coming from that side, and been the speaker of the state assembly a position he will surely retain, if PDP wins again, but oke- Ogun might be a little bit difficult for Seyi Makinde, due to the case of his former deputy decamping back to APC, but I think he got that covered too by picking his present deputy from oke-ogun again.
Re: Can Seyi Makinde Get A Second Term? by BATified2023: 1:00pm On Sep 04, 2022
Bobloco:

With the way you dey carry this thing for head, I pray you survive the shock because Tinubu will not win

The earlier you get accustomed to it the better for you and your well being
if I tell u some real shits u won’t believe

(1) (2) (Reply)

David Hundeyin Claims Tinubu's Recent 7 Sec Video Was Posted In Jan 22 & Nov 21 / Igbo Sorry, Ikwerre Will Not Leave Wike-tinubu Deal And Vote Peter Obi / Peter Obi Shocked As Millions Of Nigerians Receive Him In Lagos State Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.