Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,718 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South (39579 Views)

Ekweremadu's Donor Was Given A Passport Of A 41-Year-Old - UK Doctor / Aba North/south: Mascot Uzor-kalu Polls 47,825 Votes To Emerge APC Candidate / Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by lagosrd: 8:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
Who created the bottle necks. Pure lies.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by rockmite: 8:42pm On Sep 04, 2022
These guys can lie, I wàs in Bauchi last week I went to the immigration office for renewal I was told 25k for normal processing. However, if I want expedited service I will pay 50k.
In Ekiti, my own state you pay 45k for normal processing meanwhile expedited service goes for 70+. Anyone from Ekiti can verify this.

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Benwallt(m): 8:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
How much is the passport from the North compare to south. Where is the disparity?
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by archipelago: 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
Why migrating South-South, South-West and Siuth-East fully into enhanced passport regime and leaving out the whole Northern States? When it comes to payments by individuals to the Federal government account for services rendered, the Southern part bears the brunt while the Northern part enjoying the sharing of the commonwealth. Ask Madam Sadiya Unar Farouq, the Minister for Humanitarian Affaurs, Disaster Management and Social Development. She used to tell Nigerians that only in the Northern part we gave poor people when it comes to sharing.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by archipelago: 8:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
Why migrating South-South, South-West and Siuth-East fully into enhanced passport regime and leaving out the whole Northern States? When it comes to payments by individuals to the Federal government account for services rendered, the Southern part bears the brunt while the Northern part enjoying the sharing of the commonwealth. Ask Madam Sadiya Umar Farouq, the Minister for Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development. She used to tell Nigerians that only in the Northern part we gave poor people when it comes to sharing.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by mcdokwe(m): 8:54pm On Sep 04, 2022
Geld:
If you believe that shit up there,they you can believe anything...
I just checked on NIS official website and this is what I got grin cheesy

they actually put an address verification charge to be sure you're in the north so you don't come from the south and claim north just to get it cheaper
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by kerry57: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
is this official Price if u choose to use agents na u Sabi na official Price new enhanced passport is 25k there's one 35k all five years validity ten years validity is 70k
Bro. Nothing like agent for there. No queue at all. It is for the 5 yrs validity.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by naikeboy(m): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
The north are indigenes and first class citizens in quote, we in the south are second class citizens. When wike said he can't be second class citizen in his own country do u thinking he was joking. There is disparity in everything in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by edungene7: 9:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
The law of Demand and supply how many persons are interested in traveling from the North? the south everyone wants to japa including u reading this now so what do we expect the NIS officers in the south are taking undue advantage of the gullible southerners who would rant in public place and go behind close doors to give bribe
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by CrownWale93(m): 9:10pm On Sep 04, 2022
How is it only Kano in the North is been migrated to the ePassport regime against more centers in the south.

But it will be the other way round when it comes to benefits prosperity and national cakes matter.
omoalaro:

https://prnigeria.com/2022/09/03/nigerian-passport-north-south/

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Sosqui: 9:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by AdolfHitlerxXx: 9:25pm On Sep 04, 2022
donbenie:

Donbenie to his useless homosexual father and his spermbank wh0re mother
Idiot,did you bother to read the article?
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by onuman: 9:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
booblacain:
All you need say is that there is a disparity but this is the reason why. Instead of concluding that there is no disparity at all even when you confirmed in your findings that there is indeed a disparity.

In some embassies of Nigeria, the passports are not issued or renewed for some Nigerians.
It's a rogue regime coming to an end soon.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by wolexy14(m): 9:45pm On Sep 04, 2022
rockmite:
These guys can lie, I wàs in Bauchi last week I went to the immigration office for renewal I was told 25k for normal processing. However, if I want expedited service I will pay 50k.
In Ekiti, my own state you pay 45k for normal processing meanwhile expedited service goes for 70+. Anyone from Ekiti can verify this.
yes super true did for my cousin 1week collection for 100k
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by UNDFTD: 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
To title this article "Fact Check" is a misnomer. Relying on the statement by the ever lying segment of the Fulani Government of Nigeria (FGN) denying the disparity between the South and the North in the cost of obtaining the useless LIEGERIA passport is purely disingenuous. When has the government ever told the truth about anything even when telling the truth would suffice and be beneficial to it? The only way to accurately check the veracity of the statement that it costs more in the south than the north to obtain a passport is to seek out and talk to actual individuals that had obtained passport in both areas. So, to rely on the statement by a Fulani Government spokesperson makes the whole fact checking null and void.

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Benoxvals(m): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
omoalaro:

The way u guys run ur facts check is unprofessional,I know u guys are not professional but...
People that it affects are complaining and you know the truth..Your source of verification is the same agent that has been accused?You went ahead to believe and conclude just because they release a disclaimer(?)
What where u expecting them to say.
I am from the southern part of the country and the alleged high cost is true cos I’m a victim for many years now.

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by broadman20: 9:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

Zombidients should continue false propaganda.

We will see in the North....

Just wait. If he wins a single LGA in North or South West, I owe you a million.

Do you know what an international passport look like?

You will stay in that your local jungle village with that free campaign promo phone given to you and type nonsense.

Suffering personified like you.

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by AdolfHitlerxXx: 10:04pm On Sep 04, 2022
broadman20:

Broadband20 to his papa:

Do you know what an international passport look like?

You will stay in that your local jungle village with that free campaign promo phone given to you and type nonsense.

Suffering personified like you.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by jubrilELsudan: 10:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
BUT ONE THING OF A FACT IS THAT THERE IS DISPARITY IN THE PRICE OF FVCK BETWEEN NORTH AND SOUTH

IN ABUJA.... OVERNIGHT HOOKUP IS 5K BUT IN LAGOS IT IS 25K

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Gohs: 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2022
The price of passport is too high in Nigeria. . .

When Peter Obi becomes president next year, he should find a way to reduce the price of passports nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Bombolistic: 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2022
Confused writer abi I'm not understanding
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by thuxzwda1: 10:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
omoalaro:

Paid 115k in a passport office in Nigeria and I got my passport the same day......is God not wonderful grin
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by DeOTR: 10:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
Why not just make the two versions available in the south since its still valid, so people will be able to choose?
It's OK to start the e-passport regime in the south, but make it available side by side the existing one, until all the centers are issuing e-passport and the other one is completed phased out.
This fact is bullshit to say the least.
Why not even test run the e-passport in one state in each region for equity sake?
Or is it so useless that it's of no benefits to the northerners?
See! Anything that has to do with the government and it's not starting or existing anywhere in the North, but it's in the South, then be sure you're being ripped off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Emanodimo(m): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2022
chigoziri2403:
You migrated the south in 2019, and three years later, you are yet to migrate the North, three years of price discrepancy, if it was something that would benefit the North,it will start there
What was the reason for starting in the south,and not pick some states in the north, not even one northern state

U have said it all... Indeed, a clear case of disparity on ethnic bigots.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Freebills12: 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2022
Run facts check too on disparity in the common entrance exam score into unity school. Tell us why south east especially Anambra state pupils will have to score 139 to enter unity school while someone from Sokoto will have to score 6. Fast forward to 10 years that person from Sokoto will be demanding to be the head.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Neoteny(m): 1:32am On Sep 05, 2022
Shoodboi:

Economist, I checked the site now and the prices are different. Tell us something else.

You're still stuck in your willful misunderstanding.

Two different items. Two different prices.

Are you too irredeemably dumb to understand?
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Nobody: 1:45am On Sep 05, 2022
But in every lie there's a truth there

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by nams77: 1:46am On Sep 05, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

Zombidients should continue false propaganda.

We will see in the North....

Just wait. If he wins a single LGA in North or South West, I owe you a million.
I pick up the challenge. Pls note that you will pay me one million if he wins

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by OGHENAOGIE(m): 5:07am On Sep 05, 2022
donbenie:
So how did the South end up with the new,and non of the North?
Keep digging..
u can believe what u want just as u believe na jibril of Sudan de aso rock... Who cares...
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 05, 2022
Neoteny:

You're still stuck in your willful misunderstanding.

Two different items. Two different prices.

Are you too irredeemably dumb to understand?

You're capping. How do you then explain the fact that's it's 35k in Lagos, 25k on other southern states, and 17k in the north?
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by AminuRano87(m): 5:46am On Sep 05, 2022
chigoziri2403:
You migrated the south in 2019, and three years later, you are yet to migrate the North, three years of price discrepancy, if it was something that would benefit the North,it will start there
What was the reason for starting in the south,and not pick some states in the north, not even one northern state
Kano and Abuja are there please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Burial Of Abu Ali, And Other Soldiers, COAS, Buratai Represents Buhari / PDP Flags Removed From Imo Government House After Supreme Court Judgement / Speaker House Of Rep.,yakubu Dogara Mourns Hon. Olatoye Sugar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.