Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South (39568 Views)

Ekweremadu's Donor Was Given A Passport Of A 41-Year-Old - UK Doctor / Aba North/south: Mascot Uzor-kalu Polls 47,825 Votes To Emerge APC Candidate / Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by JewsAreSatanic: 6:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
But there is a disparity in place between obtaining from any of the centres in the south to that in the north .

Am I missing something here?

5 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by psp2pc(m): 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
The southerners are the one ripping themselves due to unavailability and limited passport book, they give to the highest bidder.
Volume of Northerners in need of passports is not as much as the southerners also.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Geld(m): 6:48pm On Sep 04, 2022
If you believe that shit up there,they you can believe anything...
I just checked on NIS official website and this is what I got grin cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by ozil123: 6:49pm On Sep 04, 2022
omoalaro:

https://prnigeria.com/2022/09/03/nigerian-passport-north-south/

lol

Are these PRNaija guys okay sha? In Nigeria, it is a grave error to base your investigation on word of mouth of govt officials. I thought they did physical verification of those claims. Even the info on the NIS website differs from the lies peddled by their officials.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by kingPhidel(m): 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
Divide Nigeria into five that’s all.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Topmaike007(m): 6:50pm On Sep 04, 2022
Evil things happening in the sector
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Nobody: 6:51pm On Sep 04, 2022
They always find way to wail and cause hatred.
All this fake news always come from the children of hate.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 6:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
"Enhanced electronic regime" that causes increase instead of decrease in price.

Everything is upside down in the shithole

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by aksule(m): 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
You can never reason with someone who does not want to understand no matter how convincing is your fact. Next, just ride on. They may possibly catch up when they decide to know the truth

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by CheapHomes1: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
omoalaro:

https://prnigeria.com/2022/09/03/nigerian-passport-north-south/

Those who are going to obtain passports at centers that are yet to convert to the enhanced electronic regime will pay lower charges than those centers who have already converted to the enhanced electronic regime,”

In summary, there's a disparity in cost of passport in the north and south

9 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by MansoryMX(m): 6:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
ATEAMS:
The idea of not being a kid anymore terrifies me. I am an adult and I have been hurled out of the world of boys and girls into the fray of men and women, and expected to function as a grown-up when I never functioned very well as a kid.

If you really want to over the challenges. Leave Nigeria!
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by CheapHomes1: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
GOODMAN88:
They always find way to wail and cause hatred.
All this fake news always come from the children of hate.

Obviously you didn't read the entire story or you didn't even read it at all

6 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by MansoryMX(m): 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
aksule:
You can never reason with someone who does not want to understand no matter how convincing is your fact. Next, just ride on. They may possibly catch up when they decide to know the truth

God bless you for this comment.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by CheapHomes1: 6:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
Geld:
If you believe that shit up there,they you can believe anything...
I just checked on NIS official website and this is what I got grin cheesy

Thank you. God bless you

5 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by MarxisGLABACK: 7:01pm On Sep 04, 2022
NEEEEGIEEER REPUBLIC.

DONALD TRUMP CALLED IT - SHITHOLE

UK PM - CALLED IT -FANTASTICALY CORRUPT
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by sonnie10: 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
ATEAMS:
The idea of not being a kid anymore terrifies me. I am an adult and I have been hurled out of the world of boys and girls into the fray of men and women, and expected to function as a grown-up when I never functioned very well as a kid.
Ironically, did you notice those footsteps in sand? You would think it’s just one person walking alone. No it’s not.
When you trust in the Lord, even as an adult, he would carry you through the tides and stormy sandy shores.
You wouldn’t need to have you feet in the wet sand because you are being carried

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by tctrills: 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
psp2pc:
The southerners are the one ripping themselves due to unavailability and limited passport book, they give to the highest bidder.
Volume of Northerners in need of passports is not as much as the southerners also.
That does not make any sense. The agency is a federal agency so if there is a greater need in the south, they should deploy more resources there rather than increasing the price.

6 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by olisaEze(m): 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
Actually Oga FCAN, the claim is justified but for entirely different reasons from how it’s been widely reported, going by what you have just posted.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by AngelicBeing: 7:15pm On Sep 04, 2022
NwaNimo1:
Wayo country.....

[img]https://giffiles./216/216404.gif[/img]
Hian,Nekwa alias NwaNimo again shocked
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Jjjustice(m): 7:16pm On Sep 04, 2022
beekyynd:
I buy all PayPal funds. From 50 USD upwards. If you get then holla at me.

We run similar jobs. Can we exchange contracts?
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by psp2pc(m): 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
tctrills:

That does not make any sense. The agency is a federal agency so if there is a greater need in the south, they should deploy more resources there rather than increasing the price.

Am not sure it's the government increasing the price.. It's the officials that are racketeering it.
Same goes for drivers license too.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Spandau: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
booblacain:
All you need say is that there is a disparity but this is the reason why. Instead of concluding that there is no disparity at all even when you confirmed in your findings that there is indeed a disparity.

Na Aboki be that for you. No sense.

3 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by beekyynd: 7:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
Jjjustice:

We run similar jobs. Can we exchange contracts?
Okay. Drop your contact make I message you.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by ObaOfYorubaLand: 7:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
Nigerians dont even know what they're into with apc regime.

They've created 2 countries in one, Northern and southern nigeria.

Theyve planned to kill the economy of the south, tax their business till they die. Create two different costs for a single service , make the south pay more for everything.

They did it in passport, fuel price and so many others too numerous to mention.

Watch this, they've planned to impeach Tinubu within the first one year in office so that terrorist will take over power and effect what Shettima and Amosun discussed in that leaked audio tape.

Amosun will eventually become Shettimas VP.

Bookmark this page.

5 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 04, 2022
The article confirmed there's disparity and then concluded there's no disparity.

Who owns the so-called PR Nigeria site that published this story?

Your writers may be high on some cheap drugs.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2022
Henix:
The rate of corrupt practice among the officials in the North is lower than that of South, there is also a lower demand of passport in the North when compared to that of South.

These are the factors that brought about the lower unofficial price, and the faster processing time of passport in the North

That's the official price on Immigrations' website. So what corruption are you talking about? Are you saying Immigrations' put an unofficial price on their website?

6 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Nobody: 7:26pm On Sep 04, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

There is no difference in the amount

Na massive corruption dey worry us for South

There's a difference. The post confirmed there's a difference, made an excuse for it, and then concluded there's no difference.

7 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by HRMK: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2022
this is a lousy excuse!
the fact still remains that one could secure one at cheaper cost in the north!nobody is interested in its so called security enhancement!passport na passport!its really an unnecessary advantage over the south!not acceptable!!

7 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by 12345baba(m): 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2022
This OP na illiterate.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sign this Petition to End the Impunity in Lagos! / What I Will Do In The Next Four Years - Buhari Reveals / CBN Governor, Emefiele Risks Prison Over $53m Garnishee Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.