Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,964 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South (39565 Views)

Ekweremadu's Donor Was Given A Passport Of A 41-Year-Old - UK Doctor / Aba North/south: Mascot Uzor-kalu Polls 47,825 Votes To Emerge APC Candidate / Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by AdolfHitlerxXx: 5:53am On Sep 05, 2022
nams77:

I pick up the challenge. Pls note that you will pay me one million if he wins

And if he loses ?
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Raph82(m): 6:20am On Sep 05, 2022
HRMK:
this is a lousy excuse!
the fact still remains that one could secure one at cheaper cost in the north!nobody is interested in its so called security enhancement!passport na passport!its really an unnecessary advantage over the south!not acceptable!!
U dey mind those bastards? Whose passport is supposed to have enhanced security stuff, is it not the northerners? Abi no be their side boko haram dey? Nigeria has never been one from the beginning. I served in the north, and I know how things run over there.
JAMB uses different cut off marks for north & south.
Education in the north is far cheaper than in the south, even to University level.
Federal government will always consider quota system to favour the north instead of capability & competence
North gain far more from Federal scholarship programmes than the south, it's always favouritism in place of competence.

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Juoflife1(f): 6:35am On Sep 05, 2022
The corruption in Southern Nigeria is high. The prices are not even the same in different NIS offices in a state.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Guide777(m): 6:38am On Sep 05, 2022
Fact check with wrong conclusion.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Pearl1910: 7:32am On Sep 05, 2022
Conclusion

According to your findings and explanation given by the Immigration Boss there is a disparity in price based on the type of Passport issued in a particular Immigration Passport Office. Pending when all centers in the North have been upgraded to the latest technology to enable them issue the newest version of the Nigerian Passport, the North will continue to pay less for their international passports.

Fact Check No 1: there is actually a disparity

Now fact check No. 2
Is there truly a disparity in the International Passport issued in Immigration Offices in different parts of the country?
Is the Nigeria Government truly issuing two different types on Passport concorently?

This will help us judge if the reason for the disparity is acceptable or fair enough.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by nams77: 8:22am On Sep 05, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:

And if he loses ?
U were the one that made the rules. U never mentioned about him loosing. Why are you worried? Are you no more100% certain of him losing grin
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by KazikageSama: 8:25am On Sep 05, 2022
PR Nigeria took a body's statement as fact and decided to call it fact check. Lazy journalism at its worst.
1. Nigeria has 6 Geo political zones. All the ones in the south have been "upgraded" to the wayo new epassport but all the ones in the north have not been upgraded. Does that even make sense to the lazy journalist?
2. Even the conclusion is faulty and wrong. Cos yes, there are disparities but you're only trying to argue the reason for the disparity.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by NickyNickel(m): 8:37am On Sep 05, 2022
The normal processing would take how long?

rockmite:
These guys can lie, I wàs in Bauchi last week I went to the immigration office for renewal I was told 25k for normal processing. However, if I want expedited service I will pay 50k.
In Ekiti, my own state you pay 45k for normal processing meanwhile expedited service goes for 70+. Anyone from Ekiti can verify this.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by tundelawal2014(m): 9:02am On Sep 05, 2022
Look fellow NLers. Why are we making so much noise over this disparity. U thinks its only passport, its almost everything the north enjoys as per cheaper commodities. Ordinary purewater in most of the northern states is still sold for 10 naira per piece and 100 per bag but go south. Na 20/pc and 200/ bag from the pure factory. Na who dobus for south where most raw material dey come from. Every body won make money by all means. Eyez too open for tear rubber money for southern parts. Dats the major problem. Stay blessed
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by mukthar2000(m): 9:26am On Sep 05, 2022
The deaspirace of guys that I most japa , I most Japa in south gave the immigration guys rate of corruption over their to increase passport fee and pay exact amount into the immigration account while they embenzile the remaing money. compare to the northerns that don't always have zeal for traveling apart from hajj period or cargo their businesses.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Mchawi(f): 9:30am On Sep 05, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

Zombidients should continue false propaganda.

We will see in the North....

Just wait. If he wins a single LGA in North or South West, I owe you a million.
You are a complete disgrace and idiot. Olodo. People like you disgust me

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by PARADIZEPRIEST: 10:11am On Sep 05, 2022
THE SOUTHERNERS DONT HELP THEIR FELLOW SOUTHERNERS WITHOUT HEAVY BRIBES. NORTHERNERS CAN EVEN GIVE THEIR FELLOW NORTHERNES FREE PASSPRORT,IF THEY HAVE THEIR WAY. angry
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Neoteny(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2022
Shoodboi:

You're capping. How do you then explain the fact that's it's 35k in Lagos, 25k on other southern states, and 17k in the north?

Because.

They're.

Different.

Types.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Chigold101(m): 11:33am On Sep 05, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

There is no difference in the amount

Na massive corruption dey worry us for South
Ị am sure you didn't read this post at all.
If you did, you would discover that he said there is, only that the reason is that the South has been migrated to some nonsense while the north is yet to be migrated.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by ImperialKingJosh: 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

Zombidients should continue false propaganda.

We will see in the North....

Just wait. If he wins a single LGA in North or South West, I owe you a million.

Big talk for a small dog
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Nobody: 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2022
Neoteny:

Because.

They're.

Different.

Types.

They're now 3 different types and no longer 2? Mr. Economist. Keep capping.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adeosun's Fake NYSC Certificate: Used To Blackmail Her By National Assembly / Sign this Petition to End the Impunity in Lagos! / What I Will Do In The Next Four Years - Buhari Reveals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.