Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,127 members, 7,811,177 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South (39567 Views)

Ekweremadu's Donor Was Given A Passport Of A 41-Year-Old - UK Doctor / Aba North/south: Mascot Uzor-kalu Polls 47,825 Votes To Emerge APC Candidate / Poverty Gap Fueling North-south Migration In Nigeria - Yahoo News (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by danietohbadt(m): 7:32pm On Sep 04, 2022
You dey craze well well, something I went to their website to confirm myself.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Neoteny(m): 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
booblacain:
All you need say is that there is a disparity but this is the reason why. Instead of concluding that there is no disparity at all even when you confirmed in your findings that there is indeed a disparity.

There's no disparity.

There are two different items each with its associated cost.

If availability determines you get product A at Price C, instead of Product B at Price D, that's not pricing discrimination or disparity for one product. It's simply an either/or situation for 2 different products at different price points.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by princeade86(m): 7:39pm On Sep 04, 2022
Geld:
If you believe that shit up there,they you can believe anything...
I just checked on NIS official website and this is what I got grin cheesy
even lag is 35k

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by toolovely(m): 7:40pm On Sep 04, 2022
Is this how they do the fact check by just contacting the officials? This is no fact check.
You should have go to NIS offices in the north (about 5 States), ask questions to those requesting a passport or those renewing, do same in the south.

That's investigation. It's not a one day thing by asking the officials. Because even if it's true, they won't admit there's any

5 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by danietohbadt(m): 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
toolovely:
Is this how they do the fact check by just contacting the officials? This is no fact check.
You should have go to NIS offices in the north (about 5 States), ask questions to those requesting a passport or those renewing, do same in the south.

That's investigation. It's not a one day thing by asking the officials. Because even if it's true, they won't admit there's any

You dey mind the fool?
Instead of checking their website, he's here posting shit.

I didn't believe it was true when I first saw it on twitter last week, then to confirm, I went to the website and boom, it was true

5 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by just2endowed: 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2022
carreport:
These days it's best to wait for clarification before commenting on any trending issue

But they just admit that there are price variations...

4 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2022
Neoteny:

There's no disparity.

There are two different items each with its associated cost.

If availability determines you get product A at Price C, instead of Product B at Price D, that's not pricing discrimination or disparity for one product. It's simply an either/or situation for 2 different products at different price points.

Economist, I checked the site now and the prices are different. Tell us something else.

4 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by seunayantokun(m): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2022
The story has just explained how the disparity has been technically done to make it explainable.

Why can't the migration to the new version be done starting with select states from both the north and the south in equal numbers?
Are the old version passports still being issued in the north not valid?
Is it not thus much easier to get the Nigerian passport in the north than in the south?
Was there any, much less adequate, awareness for the selective migration process?
When they need money, they squeeze the south which they claim is not more populous than the north but when political interests are being considered then they begin to fly figures from God knows where.

Hello Mr Writer doing fact checking, it is still disparity done in all dishonesty. The explanation has been taken from books authored by rogues.

4 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Guyman01: 7:53pm On Sep 04, 2022
Nonsense fact check, you said there's a disparity because of the reasons you adduced and ended up saying that there's no disparity.
A simple check on the website shows a disparity posted here by several people above who verified shows a disparity.

I can see the effects of Ondo Indian hemp on the OP. He is mad with his lies called fact check

That's how they have been fact checking Peter Obi and Tinubu and end up with nothing

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by sircatherine45(m): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2022
beekyynd:
I buy all PayPal funds. From 50 USD upwards. If you get then holla at me.

What's your rate?
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Truthisunique2: 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
chigoziri2403:
You migrated the south in 2019, and three years later, you are yet to migrate the North, three years of price discrepancy, if it was something that would benefit the North,it will start there
What was the reason for starting in the south,and not pick some states in the north, not even one northern state
I can tell you that their is no enhanced bullshit anywhere

It's the same passport, they simply say this because you can't hold them to anything tangible

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by tctrills: 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2022
psp2pc:

Am not sure it's the government increasing the price.. It's the officials that are racketeering it.
Same goes for drivers license too.
Then it's not because of the high demand in the south rather the agency officials are committing crimes on southerners. Of course EFCC does not have time for these kinds of cases

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:57pm On Sep 04, 2022
booblacain:
All you need say is that there is a disparity but this is the reason why. Instead of concluding that there is no disparity at all even when you confirmed in your findings that there is indeed a disparity.
there's no disparity stop rubbish talk
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by beekyynd: 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2022
sircatherine45:

What's your rate?
Depends on amount. But from 550 upwards.

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by OGHENAOGIE(m): 7:59pm On Sep 04, 2022
kerry57:
That is very true. Most youth corpers that are posted to the north usually use the opportunity to obtain their passport. As of last two years, it will only cost u 27k in sokoto and kebbi cos I was around there at that time. Around the same time it is around 50k in Lagos depending on ur channel of processing it.
is this official Price if u choose to use agents na u Sabi na official Price new enhanced passport is 25k there's one 35k all five years validity ten years validity is 70k
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by naijapikin2(m): 8:00pm On Sep 04, 2022
Is this supposed to be new(s)?....
Am sure there are other areas of disparity in government services. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by OGHENAOGIE(m): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2022
Geld:
If you believe that shit up there,they you can believe anything...
I just checked on NIS official website and this is what I got grin cheesy
u just want to believe the rubbish of disparity the ist is d old passport the second is d new enhanced one... Once d old is phased out all state ll have the new passports but if that makes u happy who cares...
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by AntonVince: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2022
carreport:
These days it's best to wait for clarification before commenting on any trending issue

You obviously did not read the sh’tty fact-check.
The excuse proferred about some passports possessing enhanced security features is untenable. The fact is there is a disparity and it’s unacceptable.

Like someone noted up there, why wasn’t the test-run for the new one done in the north, or at least have some northern states included?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Goddeywithme: 8:12pm On Sep 04, 2022
booblacain:

Don't mind d biy
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by cjwalter(m): 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2022
chigoziri2403:
You migrated the south in 2019, and three years later, you are yet to migrate the North, three years of price discrepancy, if it was something that would benefit the North,it will start there
What was the reason for starting in the south,and not pick some states in the north, not even one northern state

My brother i weak for this country, a whole 3 yrs yet u have not migrated the north state, why start with all the South states, why not mix the two region, as you rightly pointed out if it was something that was beneficial will you have started with the Southern state

4 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by donbenie(m): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2022
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

There is no difference in the amount

Na massive corruption dey worry us for South
As if the North is not corrupt?

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by donbenie(m): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2022
carreport:
The said clarification,mentioned disparities..

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by donbenie(m): 8:19pm On Sep 04, 2022
AdolfHitlerxXx:
angry

Zombidients should continue false propaganda.

We will see in the North....

Just wait. If he wins a single LGA in North or South West, I owe you a million.
Idiot,did you bother to read the article?

3 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Switruth: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2022
omoalaro:

https://prnigeria.com/2022/09/03/nigerian-passport-north-south/

The writer and the OP are all idiots and lack traveling knowledge. If you ready travel then you go understand. Tomorrow you’ll come and claim BTA and PTA on dollars are simple. Idiots.

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by donbenie(m): 8:22pm On Sep 04, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
u just want to believe the rubbish of disparity the ist is d old passport the second is d new enhanced one... Once d old is phased out all state ll have the new passports but if that makes u happy who cares...
So how did the South end up with the new,and non of the North?
Keep digging..

2 Likes

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by drololaaof: 8:25pm On Sep 04, 2022
[quote author=omoalaro post=116353892]

[/quote
The truth in Nigeria is that there is non uniformity of things . Aregbesola will say something another thing will be happening.
Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2022
It is true, I stay in the north, it may be people's difference.
omoalaro:

1 Like

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Elbethel1: 8:32pm On Sep 04, 2022
What type of nonsensical reportage is this? Something you actually verified but was only given unconvincing evidence. Why was there no centre has been upgraded up north since 2019? Why is the north always favoured over her southern counterpart? And you want this country to move forward. I don't blame them but the southern leaders who are selfishly selling us for morsels of bread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fact-Check: Disparity In Cost Of A Passport In The North & South by Igbojew: 8:38pm On Sep 04, 2022
Why not Immigration migrate Northern Passport enhancement regime the way the did to Southern part all the while,why must everything between North and South always different.Immigration purposely migrated passport enhancement from the South while they purposely leave North because they know a day like this will come when they will use it as an excuse but I don't blame them instead I blame stupid and foolish Southern leaders that because of corruption in them they will rather keep mute while Northern leaders keep on roding it on them..............I am that Igbojew the table shaker

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sign this Petition to End the Impunity in Lagos! / What I Will Do In The Next Four Years - Buhari Reveals / CBN Governor, Emefiele Risks Prison Over $53m Garnishee Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.