Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,613 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Each Time He Wanted A New Wife, His Older Wives Provided The New Wife For Him - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Each Time He Wanted A New Wife, His Older Wives Provided The New Wife For Him (370 Views)

Excited Nigerian Man Dances For His Older Oyinbo Lover, She Watches In Confusion / 14-Year-Old Boy Forced To Marry His Older Girlfriend After Impregnating Her / Wedding Of A Young Man And His Older Wife Goes Viral. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Each Time He Wanted A New Wife, His Older Wives Provided The New Wife For Him by Ilekokonit: 9:28pm On Sep 04, 2022
Each time he wanted a new wife, his older wives provided the new wife for him

He had at least 10 wives at a minimum.

Talking of Chief Hubert Ogunde the late Nigerian actor, playwright, theatre manager, and musician who founded the first contemporary professional theatrical company in Nigeria.

Chief Ogunde was also the pioneer artistic director of Nigeria's national drama troupe and in 1967 his drama troupe represented Nigeria in a competition in Canada and Nigeria came first.

The below is in the words of his son Mr Oluwemimo Ogunde, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria and former Attorney General of Ogun State :-

Each time my father wanted a new wife, he called his older wives and told them that he wanted a new wife, then, they would volunteer to bring the wife for him. My mother, for instance, I know the person she brought. So, when the senior wife brings a wife home, that junior wife is under that senior wife in authority. My dad didn’t really interact with the junior wives. It is stratified, it’s hierarchical. My dad didn’t talk to these junior wives; the senior wives had their own time with their husband. They rotated daily through the week. The junior wives only get a time with their husband by the senior wife surrendering their slots to them. So, the junior wife has that protection because she knows that on the day that her own mentor, guardian or leader would have her day, the day would be surrendered to her or she would be given the opportunity.

There were no days assigned to the junior wives because there are only seven days in a week (laughs)…. So, it took the higher wives to surrender. So, you can see the level of selflessness and cooperation. That prevented any form of hassle. There’s no way you wouldn’t respect an elderly wife that gives you her slot to meet with your husband. The arrangement was even known to us as children, so you can see the cooperation in our home.

https://punchng.com/dad-had-both-chapel-ogun-shrine-at-home-ogundes-son/?utm_source=top-story&utm_medium=web
Re: Each Time He Wanted A New Wife, His Older Wives Provided The New Wife For Him by dawnomike(m): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2022
What a life for the younger wives.... They were more like 'sexual' modified maids.
Re: Each Time He Wanted A New Wife, His Older Wives Provided The New Wife For Him by Godada(m): 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2022

That's crazy

(1) (Reply)

How To Travel From Ph To Bayelsa / Girls Of Nowadays Definition Of I Want A Caring Man. / Bad Influence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.