Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,330 members, 7,829,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. (27457 Views)

My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) / Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria 2. / Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by toysodja(m): 9:30pm On Sep 06, 2022
You left out the best part. The Lincoln Memorial ! Lincoln's statue and his write ups, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by Panda7(m): 9:41pm On Sep 06, 2022
God bless nigeria, hater shioor
Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by ttmacoy: 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2022
They are different but yes it is worth visiting in it's own right. The monuments are beautiful and cover a lot of area. I remember going to take a picture of the Lincoln Memorial late at night because of how beautiful the statue of Lincoln is with the lights etc.

There are Smithsonian Museums which are all free and interesting. https://www.si.edu/museums. I especially loved the Air & Space Museum.

You can visit the US Congress and even the White House on tours. It all depends on what you're interested in. Our trip to DC was combined with a trip to NYC, and we took the train about 4 hours.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g28970-Activities-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html

You can also use DC as a stopping point to visit Virginia which has a lot of history, and Maryland.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g28941-Activities-Maryland.html

ogatboy:
Nice one. Is Washington worth visiting besides the white house compared to florida, new york and texas?

2 Likes

Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by Melagros(m): 10:40pm On Sep 06, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
Heading towards the edifice!
I don't know why you like hiding your face on your post, who you dey fear?

1 Like

Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by 1stGenAmerican(f): 12:06am On Sep 07, 2022
rickleye:
The Arlington cemetery will bring you to tears - The thousands of lives in defense of freedom around the world.

I’ve visited Arlington twice and this happened to me both times. Such a powerful experience.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by Betgold84: 12:25am On Sep 07, 2022
Yankee
Best atmosphere in the world..
If man no Waka on that land.
Man no fit c heaven o. Lol
After america na heaven.

Righteousness No fire me o. Lol
Na reality I talk.

MALIGNANTGuest:
More....
Exit Photos!
May God Continue To Bless America!

1 Like

Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by rickleye: 2:24am On Sep 07, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I’ve visited Arlington twice and this happened to me both times. Such a powerful experience.

You said it. Powerful and moving experience.

1 Like

Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by armyofone(m): 3:16am On Sep 07, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

U can say that Again!
Even if Buhari emerges as president of the United States, he wouldn't be able to destroy the country in 10years. The answer is simple " They have got VERY STRONG INDEPENDENT INSTITUTIONS, independent of the federal government".
The country has really got a divine contract with God, else...............

We pray Nigeria will have the same divine contract with the real God that blessed the United States.
At present, they have one contract with the devil. Nothing good with the devil.

1 Like

Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:59am On Sep 07, 2022
Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by kingsolomonjnr01(m): 8:59am On Sep 07, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
My Landmark Visit To The Washington Monument, in the United States of America.

This Historic MONUMENT hosts a lot of dignitaries & tourists from all over the world. In Fact, it's an International Treasure that can't be toiled with.
HOTELS, Events centres, & Gardens around this eye-catching edifice benefit from the proximity they share with this edifice.
It is an obelisk shaped stony structure erected within the heart of Washington D. C. in commemoration of the First President of the United States, George Washington.
It's roughly 555feet.
Its construction started on July 4th,1884, and was opened to the members of the public on October 9th,1888

1st & 2nd pix...
Walkway leading to the monument!
3rd pix....Madam controlling Traffic!
Cc
Just wise
DisGuy

All this NAIRAILANDERS travelling abroad what do you do for a living, I mean ur job or skill... I'm in my early 20s, I can engage in it also, because I wouldn't to leave mother earth without traveling around the world...
Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by AlphaTaikun: 5:58am On Sep 10, 2022
ttmacoy:
They are different but yes it is worth visiting in it's own right. The monuments are beautiful and cover a lot of area. I remember going to take a picture of the Lincoln Memorial late at night because of how beautiful the statue of Lincoln is with the lights etc.

There are Smithsonian Museums which are all free and interesting. https://www.si.edu/museums. I especially loved the Air & Space Museum.

You can visit the US Congress and even the White House on tours. It all depends on what you're interested in. Our trip to DC was combined with a trip to NYC, and we took the train about 4 hours.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g28970-Activities-Washington_DC_District_of_Columbia.html

You can also use DC as a stopping point to visit Virginia which has a lot of history, and Maryland.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g28941-Activities-Maryland.html

That's awesome.
Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by AlphaTaikun: 6:05am On Sep 10, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
... at the feet of the prestigious monument!
Presently the Tallest Stony structure in the world! Very very very TALL, I must say!
The obelisk is truly massive. It feels like we are in ancient Egypt.
Re: Vacation: My Tour Around The Washington Monument, Washington D.C. by AlphaTaikun: 6:16am On Sep 10, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
My Landmark Visit To The Washington Monument, in the United States of America.

This Historic MONUMENT hosts a lot of dignitaries & tourists from all over the world. In Fact, it's an International Treasure that can't be toiled with.
HOTELS, Events centres, & Gardens around this eye-catching edifice benefit from the proximity they share with this edifice.
It is an obelisk shaped stony structure erected within the heart of Washington D. C. in commemoration of the First President of the United States, George Washington.
It's roughly 555feet.
Its construction started on July 4th,1884, and was opened to the members of the public on October 9th,1888

1st & 2nd pix...
Walkway leading to the monument!
3rd pix....Madam controlling Traffic!

Just wise
DisGuy
It feels like an out-of-the-body experience... Surreal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truck Drivers Protest At Upper Iweka, Onitsha Over Accident Caused By Touts / Release All Nigerian Detainees Or Face Disband, British Party Warns UK Govt / Beautiful images & tales of Ikogosi Warm Spring, Ekiti State!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.