Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,887 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) (37877 Views)

A Tour Of New Afrika Shrine To See Fela Kuti's Bedroom And Belongings (video) / Live: My Tour Around North East Nigeria / Traffic Diversion As President Emmanuel Macron Visits Afrika Shrine, Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Revolva(m): 4:49am On Oct 19, 2022
In Ikeja, Lagos State, there is a venue for an outdoor performance called The New Afrika Shrine. It is the venue for the yearly Felabration music festival. Femi Kuti, Fela Kuti's eldest son, and Yeni Anikulapo-Kuti currently oversee the replacement for the previous Afrika Shrine, which Fela Kuti built in 1970 and maintained until it was destroyed by fire in 1977. The New Afrika Shrine is a popular tourist destination because it has Fela photo exhibits and musical performances by Femi and Seun Kuti.

WATCH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTYJv8a9VLw

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by dawnomike(m): 5:26am On Oct 19, 2022
That place will someday become a global historic site. grin

90 Likes 12 Shares

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by flejnr2(f): 6:26am On Oct 19, 2022
I no need ask if you Dey smoke Igbo

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Ravenna: 6:32am On Oct 19, 2022
Once inside, you will not be able to see the roofings because of the thick white smoke coming out of smokers oesophagus.
It's like smoke from a combustion engine with bad exhaust assy.

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Revolva(m): 7:01am On Oct 19, 2022
Ravenna:
Once inside, you will not be able to see the roofings because of the thick white smoke coming out of smokers oesophagus.

haha one thing about inside shrine is nobody can steal or pick poket you...even if your phone fall for ground...someone will take it to the security and it willbe announced....but weed is sure banker....smoke as u like but dont steal nor fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxKjkz1LrRA

31 Likes 6 Shares

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Dobber22: 8:38am On Oct 19, 2022
shocked
Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by FREEMADNESS: 8:38am On Oct 19, 2022
If you no dey smoke grass I no think say u get any oda bizzness 4 there.

The only place u can smoke without the fear of Olopa.

Long live Kalakuta!!

64 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Dikegees(m): 8:38am On Oct 19, 2022
dawnomike:
That place will someday become a global historic site. grin

It is bro!

5 Likes

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Xojihut: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2022
Shrine?
Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by themes009(m): 8:39am On Oct 19, 2022
:I
Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Risingblue008(m): 8:39am On Oct 19, 2022
Rhd
Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by backnbeta(f): 8:39am On Oct 19, 2022
Ravenna:

Not a healthy environment... every nonsmoking tourist becomes a passive smokerundecided

4 Likes

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Risingblue008(m): 8:39am On Oct 19, 2022
C
Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by morikee: 8:39am On Oct 19, 2022
Shrine
Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Houseofglam7(f): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2022
Dope
Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by EmahBoss(f): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2022
Fela is a movement, unfortunately died before fully achieving his course.

Respect legend!/

7 Likes

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Mayng01(m): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2022
Hideous
Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by LibertyRep: 8:40am On Oct 19, 2022
Revolva:

haha one thing about inside shrine is nobody can steal or pick poket you...even if your phone fall for ground...someone will take it to the security and it willbe announced....but weed is sure banker....smoke as u like but dont steal nor fight

Is this an invitation to NDLEA?

2 Likes

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 19, 2022
Origin of afro beat..

5 Likes

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Starz825(m): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2022
That place grin
If Jesus come, catch you for that place ....
Your name fit no come out for first list...maybe supplementary list grin

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Racoon(m): 8:40am On Oct 19, 2022
Missed Felebration this year. Respect to the late legend-Fela Anikulapo Kuti.

6 Likes

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by jiorge00(m): 8:41am On Oct 19, 2022
glamorous, a legacy well preserved.

6 Likes

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by Bigchristo: 8:41am On Oct 19, 2022
Revolva:

the kind of smoke they have in that Fela shrine I don’t know where they get it from, I went there one time ago my head almost knock I jejely respect myself and stop smoking after one tie grin grin

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by DevilSignature: 8:41am On Oct 19, 2022
grin
Late Fela kuti (burna boy) fada has become an idol now attracted for worship

4 Likes

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by samuel19222(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2022
There is always light at the end of the tunnel

4 Likes

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by ThePolemicist: 8:42am On Oct 19, 2022
The MAN.. The MYTH.. The LEGEND..

The GOAT!!

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Tour Of New Afrika Shrine | To See Fela Kuti Belongings And Bedroom (video) by LordIsaac(m): 8:42am On Oct 19, 2022
A waste of money, if you asked me. Don't bother quoting me, he's not a role model!

9 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Renewing Nigerian E-passport In London / Passengers Die In Accident On Warri-Ughelli Expressway In Delta. Graphic Pics / Army Vehicle Trapped In Flood At Ariaria Market, Aba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.