Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,749 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:32 PM

My Second Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Second Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme (643 Views)

My First Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme / My Software Engineering Journey In ALX Africa / Alx Software Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Second Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme by Georgenduka: 11:44am On Sep 05, 2022
INTRODUCTION
Hello everyone, I am George Nduka and I'll be talking about my experience in the second month of the ALX software engineering programme.

The workload for the second month of the ALX Software Engineering Programme was at least three times what it was in the first. In fact, when I look back at all the work I did, a part of me still finds it hard to believe how far I have come. A couple of months ago, I would never have imagined that I would be writing successful code and enjoying the process.

And it is not just software engineering, it is the friends I have made along the way from the most unlikely places, the network I have built, the discovery of my love for writing, the discipline I have been able to instil in myself, my new Twitter following and the ideas that are constantly bouncing around in my head, begging to be let out. I am certain even ALX students who transition into non-tech careers along the way will take something from this experience.

C PROGRAMMING
The second month was completely focused on C programming. Like a vast majority of ALX students, I constantly wondered why we were learning C. I did not know anyone who called themselves a C programmer and I had hoped that we would start with languages like JavaScript and Python. After asking the ALX mentors, I learned that C is useful for building a solid foundation for software engineering and gaining a comprehensive understanding of how programs operate. Since many languages are derived from C, it was essential for us to start our education from the source.

Please continue reading at https://georgenduka.hashnode.dev/my-second-month-at-the-alx-software-engineering-programme
Re: My Second Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme by Honlucas: 8:43pm On Sep 05, 2022
You still on Nairaland wow..

I have been following your post on Twitter sha..

I'm starting mine this month.
Re: My Second Month At The ALX Software Engineering Programme by denvers: 9:01pm On Sep 05, 2022
It's a Mile stone to achieve two months on the program, Congrats.
My application to the program has just been accepted today, I hope to see you as a mentor. My onboarding is to commence on the 19th of this month.

(1) (Reply)

HELP With This Javascript Problem / Discover What People Are Saying About Your Interests / 22 Very Cool Nigerian Startups To Observe This Year, 2014

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.