Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,656 members, 7,820,284 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? (26022 Views)

Is It A Crime To Be A Female????..pls Help A Heartbroken Sister. / Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Ikennaford: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
Yes
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2022
This is why I work alone. I hate false accusations so much. I just hope his honest activity in that office does not backfire against his mum.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Parachoko: 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2022
A lot of Nigerians are wicked people!

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Prechgold1180(m): 1:17pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:
Is it a crime to be honest in this country ? Referencing to the post I saw here yesterday.

https://www.nairaland.com/7315480/thought-honesty-hardwork-pays

I had my own share too, though it's long but I need your advice.

The episode started when the Suffocating and comprehensive ASUU strike is becoming more elongated.

My mum discussed with her boss if I can be working with them depending when ASUU will call off their strike.

Fortunately, they affirmed to my mum's request and I was employed to work as a secretary.

Note: They are both husband and wife running the organization.

My role is to write receipt for all payments entering the organization account, write and ensure all the payments of the day are updated before the next day.

As a result of the nature of my work, this give me access to the boss office as I may need some things to take there. Even if other staff want to access the office, they will inform me first, then I will collect the key and give them whatever they need in the office.

Things was going smoothly until a fateful Friday I was accused of stealing.

The scenario happened like this.

As the secretary of the organization, I do resume work by 7:30am and close by 5:pm.

Apart from the cleaners that tidy the compound. In most cases, I'm the last person that leaves the office. And whenever I'm leaving, I collect the key to the office and park the bags of the boss and his wife into their car, check whether they bought something and ensure everything is placed in their car.

That fateful day, as usual, His wife wasn't around, then I look for the husband to collect the office key and he told me that the office is opened. With no further delay, I moved into the office and carried their bags. As I was going, he stopped me and check the bag. He claimed that inside the bag, where he packed money, the money has been rough handled and the nylon bag that housed the money was found tore.

Then pandemonium began. He insisted that a person has accessed the money and I was the only person that has the privilege to enter the office. I was troubled and confused. My perplexity was so high that I don't even know what to say.

I tried to explain to the best of my knowledge. I tried my best to exonerate myself that I knew nothing about the money. I told everyone that I met the office opened and I ain't aware that the office was opened. Most times, if I see the office ain't closed. I will close it because it's close to my office. But on this day no one to bear me withness. Every odds look against me. We left there around to 5:30pm that day.

I even told my boss that he should count the money that I don't perceive anyone entering the office. But he kept saying that he didn't know the amount he put there and he can't give the precise amount that has been stolen.

Beforehand, I noticed that the environment is full of jealousy. The staff jealous themselves. They envy each other and there are lots of faction within the organization. To be on a safer side. I didn't join any caucus or faction. I play my role diligently and discharge my duty responsibly. I don't do favouritism as I make myself to be honest in all things. There are many evil things that I'm aware of that goes underground but I don't interfer in it or report it except the bosses know by themselves. With my altitude, well with this I thought, I was loved by the boss and his wife.

When I got home, I wept profusely because no one to bear me withness, everyone seems I'm the thief.

I explained to my mum what happened because she has left earlier. She pacified me and said. If I'm not guilty of the stealing, nothing will happen to me and they should use whatever they want to use to look for their money.

On Monday we resume back to work. What happened on Friday kept pondering my heart, the wound hasn't been healed yet another mysterious thing happened again.

My own office is at the front of the boss office. My table and chair are placed there but it doesn't look privately. It looks like a reception before entering the main office. I got to my office next day to find that #3,600 has been smuggled into my drawer.

Chaiii! No one to bear me withness again about the money I saw. All things look like I was the one that stole the money, and just hiding under the guise of innocency.

I was extremely perplexed, different thought were ruminating my mind. One thought said if you give them the money they will say you are lying that you just kept it there. Another thought said, who knows, perhaps they are putting you under integrity test. Well! I carried the money, luckily the wife was around and I explained how I saw the money and handed it over to her.

When the husband came, she told him exactly what I reported to her and the husband responded, he might be the money they stole on Friday. He continues, definitely the thieves has returned the money as a result of their actions on Friday.

The matter dies there and no one ever made reference to it again until today when the boss (he) asked me to prepare a bill for a customer.
I've done that already and also listening to him and the customer while they were conversing. In a nut shell. I heard the customer telling him that he wants another bills too. Therefore I was preparing that too, unknowingly as I was preparing it, I have covered the first bills with lot of books on my table. As the boss arrived, he requested for the first bill he asked me to prepare. Unfortunately, it's no where to be found again, �‍♂️. I tried to explain to him that I was also preparing other bills the woman mentioned. I think that was the only mistake I made thinking that would make the work faster for the woman to collect the bills.

All of a sudden, I noticed that he has been seethe with anger. He shouted at me that I don't have regards for him, he said, he asked me to do something but I'm doing otherwise. Before I could utter any statement to clear myself out. Everything has already scatter, he remained deaf to whatever I wanted to say. He insisted that I'm not working with them again, he chased me out like a dog that I have to go back to take my phone.

Amongst all the turbulence, I kept begging him. I prostrated on the floor to show that I'm sorry. But he didn't even looked at me.

For the sake of my mother. I don't want to do anything that would affect her relationship with her bosses, I would have said. I'm not working again and not even bother to beg.

To cut it short. His wife signaled to me to meet an erderly man close to the place, possibly he might listen to his pleas. I did as instructed by his wife, "God bless that woman" The erderly man followed me but another thing bursted. He said apart from this, that he can't employ somebody that he doesn't trust. He made it known to the erderly man that I'm not trustworthy using the past money that was stolen as a case of study.

That moment, tears began to roll down from my face. I didn't know what to say in the midst of everyone. Everyone was just saying, please forgive him, he will change, he won't do that again. I looked at myself and said this is humiliation of the highest order. If I take any step, it might affect my mum too and lead to the termination of her appointment. I don't want her to be traumatized.

I remained calm and crying bitterly. Well! he accepted the elderly man plea for me and they concluded that this is yellow card, that if I do anything bad again, they will resort by giving me red card.
Since ASUU is still on strike now and there's no way I can say I'm leaving there without having implication on my mum employment. Who knows, what will happen next that might get me roped and I will be given red card couple with humiliation. I want men with wisdom to advice me on how I can justify my resignation peacefully.
I don't want anything to backfire on my mum. I don't want her to be traumatized and I don't want them to transfer their aggression on her.

I just want to leave there peacefully because I can't see myself working there again. Even all these things was written with my unbalanced emotions. I know I have been traumatized and accused falsely but I believe I will bounce back strongly and soon or sooner God will revealed the perpetrator in Jesus name.���.

I will be glad if this can be moved to front page.
. Op someone (a staff) is trying to use you to get to your mum

Zero mind comot for that office anything wey wan sup mk e sup

Tell ur mum to start looking for work

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Bontafa: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
It is a crime to people who benefit from the Rot

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by IceColdVeins(m): 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2022
Now is the best time for you to resign.
Can’t you just say you got another job? Or you are going to learn a skill/trade?
I guess there’s more to this story cos I don’t see why a peaceful resignation will affect your mom’s employment with the organization.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Gkemz: 1:19pm On Sep 07, 2022
In a corrupt system like police it is a crime to be honest.

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by flinton(m): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2022
Honesty doesn't pay in Nigeria oo
I worked under my HOD for 5 years with dedication and honesty but this man will put me down at the slightest opportunity he gets, any goodies he shares with his indigenous people. Man no be God, abroad opportunity show for me, if you see how I take grab am eh... Omo I now work in a place where mediocrity is not tolerated grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Antoeni(m): 1:21pm On Sep 07, 2022
Don’t be Honest Just be OBIdient
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by mespusinglez(m): 1:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
HONESTY DOES NOT PAY

NO THIS AND NO PEACE
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Kenmatt(m): 1:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by judedwriter(m): 1:26pm On Sep 07, 2022
If you were self employed you wouldn't have to go through all these alleged shenanigans undecided
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by SimplePlan34: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
One thing I can deduce from Ur tone is that u are nonchalant. Dats not really a bad thing but u are in a hostile environment u have to be alert at all times very alert. .

6 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by GloriousGbola: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:
Is it a crime to be honest in this country ? Referencing to the post I saw here yesterday.

The episode started when the Suffocating and comprehensive ASUU strike is becoming more elongated.

My mum discussed with her boss if I can be working with them depending when ASUU will call off their strike.

Fortunately, they affirmed to my mum's request and I was employed to work as a secretary.

My role is to write receipt for all payments entering the organization account, write and ensure all the payments of the day are updated before the next day.

As a result of the nature of my work, this give me access to the boss office as I may need some things to take there. Even if other staff want to access the office, they will inform me first, then I will collect the key and give them whatever they need in the office.

As the secretary of the organization, I do resume work by 7:30am and close by 5:pm.

Apart from the cleaners that tidy the compound. In most cases, I'm the last person that leaves the office. And whenever I'm leaving, I collect the key to the office and park the bags of the boss and his wife into their car, check whether they bought something and ensure everything is placed in their car.

That fateful day, as usual, His wife wasn't around, then I look for the husband to collect the office key and he told me that the office is opened. With no further delay, I moved into the office and carried their bags. As I was going, he stopped me and check the bag. He claimed that inside the bag, where he packed money, the money has been rough handled and the nylon bag that housed the money was found tore.

Then pandemonium began. He insisted that a person has accessed the money and I was the only person that has the privilege to enter the office. I was troubled and confused. My perplexity was so high that I don't even know what to say.

I tried to explain to the best of my knowledge. I tried my best to exonerate myself that I knew nothing about the money. I told everyone that I met the office opened and I ain't aware that the office was opened. Most times, if I see the office ain't closed. I will close it because it's close to my office. But on this day no one to bear me withness. Every odds look against me. We left there around to 5:30pm that day.

I even told my boss that he should count the money that I don't perceive anyone entering the office. But he kept saying that he didn't know the amount he put there and he can't give the precise amount that has been stolen.

Beforehand, I noticed that the environment is full of jealousy. The staff jealous themselves. They envy each other and there are lots of faction within the organization. To be on a safer side. I didn't join any caucus or faction. I play my role diligently and discharge my duty responsibly. I don't do favouritism as I make myself to be honest in all things. There are many evil things that I'm aware of that goes underground but I don't interfer in it or report it except the bosses know by themselves. With my altitude, well with this I thought, I was loved by the boss and his wife.

When I got home, I wept profusely because no one to bear me withness, everyone seems I'm the thief.

I explained to my mum what happened because she has left earlier. She pacified me and said. If I'm not guilty of the stealing, nothing will happen to me and they should use whatever they want to use to look for their money.

On Monday we resume back to work. What happened on Friday kept pondering my heart, the wound hasn't been healed yet another mysterious thing happened again.

My own office is at the front of the boss office. My table and chair are placed there but it doesn't look privately. It looks like a reception before entering the main office. I got to my office next day to find that #3,600 has been smuggled into my drawer.

Chaiii! No one to bear me withness again about the money I saw. All things look like I was the one that stole the money, and just hiding under the guise of innocency.

I was extremely perplexed, different thought were ruminating my mind. One thought said if you give them the money they will say you are lying that you just kept it there. Another thought said, who knows, perhaps they are putting you under integrity test. Well! I carried the money, luckily the wife was around and I explained how I saw the money and handed it over to her.

When the husband came, she told him exactly what I reported to her and the husband responded, he might be the money they stole on Friday. He continues, definitely the thieves has returned the money as a result of their actions on Friday.

The matter dies there and no one ever made reference to it again until today when the boss (he) asked me to prepare a bill for a customer.
I've done that already and also listening to him and the customer while they were conversing. In a nut shell. I heard the customer telling him that he wants another bills too. Therefore I was preparing that too, unknowingly as I was preparing it, I have covered the first bills with lot of books on my table. As the boss arrived, he requested for the first bill he asked me to prepare. Unfortunately, it's no where to be found again, �‍♂️. I tried to explain to him that I was also preparing other bills the woman mentioned. I think that was the only mistake I made thinking that would make the work faster for the woman to collect the bills.

All of a sudden, I noticed that he has been seethe with anger. He shouted at me that I don't have regards for him, he said, he asked me to do something but I'm doing otherwise. Before I could utter any statement to clear myself out. Everything has already scatter, he remained deaf to whatever I wanted to say. He insisted that I'm not working with them again, he chased me out like a dog that I have to go back to take my phone.

Amongst all the turbulence, I kept begging him. I prostrated on the floor to show that I'm sorry. But he didn't even looked at me.

For the sake of my mother. I don't want to do anything that would affect her relationship with her bosses, I would have said. I'm not working again and not even bother to beg.

To cut it short. His wife signaled to me to meet an erderly man close to the place, possibly he might listen to his pleas. I did as instructed by his wife, "God bless that woman" The erderly man followed me but another thing bursted. He said apart from this, that he can't employ somebody that he doesn't trust. He made it known to the erderly man that I'm not trustworthy using the past money that was stolen as a case of study.

That moment, tears began to roll down from my face. I didn't know what to say in the midst of everyone. Everyone was just saying, please forgive him, he will change, he won't do that again. I looked at myself and said this is humiliation of the highest order. If I take any step, it might affect my mum too and lead to the termination of her appointment. I don't want her to be traumatized.

I remained calm and crying bitterly. Well! he accepted the elderly man plea for me and they concluded that this is yellow card, that if I do anything bad again, they will resort by giving me red card.
Since ASUU is still on strike now and there's no way I can say I'm leaving there without having implication on my mum employment. Who knows, what will happen next that might get me roped and I will be given red card couple with humiliation. I want men with wisdom to advice me on how I can justify my resignation peacefully.
I don't want anything to backfire on my mum. I don't want her to be traumatized and I don't want them to transfer their aggression on her.

I just want to leave there peacefully because I can't see myself working there again. Even all these things was written with my unbalanced emotions. I know I have been traumatized and accused falsely but I believe I will bounce back strongly and soon or sooner God will revealed the perpetrator in Jesus name.���.

one man business
unstructured organization
underpaid staff who are probably stealing and want you out as you are not part of cabal

this has nothing to do with honesty per se
this is what you will experience in most one man business

as to whether honesty pays or not - that is up to you
because you will always see dubious people getting ahead.
you have to decide on your own values,
and remember - this is not a race, it is a trek/marathon
Good luck

sorry for your experience

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Mom007(f): 1:28pm On Sep 07, 2022
Pls leave that place before they rubbish you further. If there is any more incident involving you in that place, you will be so so traumatized! Resign and leave with the little self respect you have left. Your mother will be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Pwettylinda(f): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
Openair:
Bro, you have to leave that place to protect the appointment of your mum. It's a fact that the MD doesn't like you, you better leave before he (MD) starts showing resentment towards your mum (your presence can cause that).

Write a letter, title it "Permission for study tutorials/computer trainings" this is better when compared to "Resignation Letter". Explain in the letter that you need to enroll in tutorials/computer trainings.

Since he doesn't want to terminate your appointment directly, he's giving you signs, read the signs.

This is nice

Op do this
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by SimplePlan34: 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2022
One thing I can deduce from Ur tone is that u are nonchalant. Dats not really a bad thing but u are in a hostile environment u have to be alert at all times very alert in local parlance( no go looseguard ooo) Ur role of preparing bills is a lucrative position for corruption. If u know u know so many PPL would love that position especially the person u are replacing. Secondly the man might not really like the idea of employing u just try Ur best welcome to the real world where d politics of office is not worth the employment.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by treesun: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

Bros setup your own intelligency, if you have another phone with video that can record for few hours, put it in a hidden place when you are not on seat! Thank me latter!
The man too may be trying your honesty, when the dust settled talk to the woman, when the husband is not around!

Let your honesty continue to guild you it pays. Even you are wrongly accussed, God is your Light!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by ExtremeDot: 1:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
Leave that place. Peace of mind is priceless.

Without a single remorse, nor regret, be bold, drop your resignation.

You still need to think of how to convert your current excess free time to something valuable, like learning a skill that is affordable and valuable.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by HolyMan12: 1:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

As I'm writing this, I don't even know what to do. The wife sees my heart but to the husband I'm the thief. And this is an organization I go extra mile to satisfy their them and customers.
Just bang the wife..

Take her to the rest room, pull up her dress, yank off her panties, bend her over and give her hot skin to skin doggy.

Cum inside her cool

You will see that everything will solve itself. cool

Thank me later cool
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by illicit(m): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
Maybe they don't like ur mum
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by adeprof18(m): 1:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
H
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by rhajaan(m): 1:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

I would advise you tell your mum you want to learn a tech skill online and you need sometime that would clash with the office hours. Repeat same to your boss(es) and for you to still be honest, get your phone and install python ide and download pdf on python and keep binging till ASUU calls off or you get a sane working alternative.

All in all, leave that place and keep praying for guidance and protection . That 2k+ might have been a diabolic item.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by tfelicityk(m): 1:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
Well, it is not a crime to remain honest in this world we are living...
Always remember that not everyone will be like you...
Either you take it or leave.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
samwash:
From your narration, since the company is run by husband & wife, he be like say you dey burn the man cable.
Some runs dey when the man dey do when he wife nor kwn, since you dey there he nor dey fit run the parole. I don't see why he will hate you for no reason or maybe he get him own babe wen he wan take do secretary, so he has to get you off the way.
Just tell your mum say you wan leave the place, she kwns what to do.
@Op, this is also an experience, after graduation, if it happens you work in the government sector, or private sector, muti national company etc, you may likely encounter worst or something similar, so it's an experience of a life time. That is how some work environment is in the real world. Welcome !!!

OP...
Take this advice from this person

Honesty and all virtue u can think of no dey applicable all the time, even self employed too,u go drop am for some kind deals, trust me when I say this one is the easiest or simpler thing,some can get you arrested or jailed or in real big shit... talk to ur mom about leaving, cus the next might affect you and her or only you and probability of affecting only you is quite low( ur som steals,how am I not sure you self no dey do am?) U get?

Na why I no dey like work where I know someone or my family knows the employer

Talk to ur mom, find another place to work

Den remember "HOMESTY AND ALL WORKS,BUT NOT EVERYDAY. SOMETIMES YOU ARE TRUTHFUL, SOMETIMES BE SMART..." SOME CONFESSIONS CAN GET YOU IN REAL TROUBLE, SO U JUST DIE IT DOWN

Make I explain that

Let's assume u killed someone

Whether by mistake or intentional

U won't say u will be honest enough to go tell the police, u will confess to ur pastor or to ur God and let it go... BE SMART
MY 2CENT
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Drefaithful(m): 1:41pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

The first mistake was that you decided to work where your mum works. My advice for you is to look for something else, that is the work that will add value to you in future not immediate pecuniary gain, most especially computer related programme like graphic design, coding and host of others. provided your parents can cater for your basic needs
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by franchasofficia: 1:42pm On Sep 07, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. That's the common behavior of private institutions, they use and sap the freshness out of your life because you work under their organization. They feel or think ownership over your life. No matter how much you work for them, it is never appreciated.

2. You will feel bad after one week of resigning. You will go broke, depressed, and helpless. Chances of getting a job above the minimum wage in Nigeria, are as difficult as a camel's head wanting to pass the eye of a needle.

3. But the question is: how long can you be patient with them as you sacrifice your mental health and physical well-being for people who neither appreciate your presence nor value you? The fear of becoming lonely and jobless looms, but is it enough to sacrifice yourself on the altar of hell?

4. The only time you should even consider staying is when your salary can compensate for office politics, silent feuds, and work stress. But if your life is not protected at all corners and constantly subjected to a wild atmosphere, why do you think your salary can suffice?

5. The best way to protect your reputation and that of your mum is to resign. Further pinching on your affairs and character will affect your mum in the long run, and may end up relieving both of you of your work. Your mum is the one acclimatized to that toxic environment, so let her remain. Perhaps, she has learned to counter them and still appreciates her salary. Else, it is better for mother and son device means to opt-out of such a perilous atmosphere.

6. The economy of this nation is bad, and for that reason people just flow with the tides, doing jobs they don't love a bit.

7. You need to fasten up with good plans as you prepare your way out. Assume the company is going to fold up in a week, what will you do? Crack your brain with this question and others stated above and within a short time you will come up with other better plans.

Stay safe. It shall be well.

Thanks.
When I read some things about Nigerians and how they treat their employees, I just find it hard to believe because I am also an employer of people.

Without being boastful, I pay my least earned staff 35k a month and she is an SSCE holder who just enrolled for a part time Bsc program.

Because of her school, I gave her Saturday off and permission to close early on Fridays and not to report to work any day she is having exam or serious assignment in school.

Her job is in fact more or less like resting in the office and reading for her academics.

I can swear with my life, none of my staff wish to ever leave.

Honestly I still wonder how people feel maltreating others, especially those below you financially, economically and otherwise.

I do all these things as appreciation to God for making me a successful employer in midst of Nigeria's misery, not because i am perfect.

So don't generalise about all entrepreneurs and business owners, there are still some of us that have conscience and fear of God, I am one of them

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by pansophist(m): 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
The lower the salary, the hellish the job would be.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Sensiblerealist: 1:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
Ogbeni comot for there if you are not happy. It has nothing to do with your mum.
Soldier goes, soldier comes, barracks go remain.
Make it known to him that you are sorry to leave but you can't work in an environment where there is alck of trust towards you, shikena!
And stop all this yeye perambulation

sammieking2017:

I want to leave. I have even planned on leaving today if my mum isn't attached with the organization. But for the sake of her, I don't want to do something that they will be transferring aggression on her. If there's a way I can tender my resignation. Can you suggest please?

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by VeryWickedMan: 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

This is your only crime.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Jeromejnr(m): 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2022
CaveAdullam:
1. That's the common behavior of private institutions, they use and sap the freshness out of your life because you work under their organization. They feel or think ownership over your life. No matter how much you work for them, it is never appreciated.

2. You will feel bad after one week of resigning. You will go broke, depressed, and helpless. Chances of getting a job above the minimum wage in Nigeria, are as difficult as a camel's head wanting to pass the eye of a needle.

3. But the question is: how long can you be patient with them as you sacrifice your mental health and physical well-being for people who neither appreciate your presence nor value you? The fear of becoming lonely and jobless looms, but is it enough to sacrifice yourself on the altar of hell?

4. The only time you should even consider staying is when your salary can compensate for office politics, silent feuds, and work stress. But if your life is not protected at all corners and constantly subjected to a wild atmosphere, why do you think your salary can suffice?

5. The best way to protect your reputation and that of your mum is to resign. Further pinching on your affairs and character will affect your mum in the long run, and may end up relieving both of you of your work. Your mum is the one acclimatized to that toxic environment, so let her remain. Perhaps, she has learned to counter them and still appreciates her salary. Else, it is better for mother and son device means to opt-out of such a perilous atmosphere.

6. The economy of this nation is bad, and for that reason people just flow with the tides, doing jobs they don't love a bit.

7. You need to fasten up with good plans as you prepare your way out. Assume the company is going to fold up in a week, what will you do? Crack your brain with this question and others stated above and within a short time you will come up with other better plans.

Stay safe. It shall be well.

Thanks.

I have to say, you write and communicate well.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Goldbw122(m): 1:49pm On Sep 07, 2022
franchasofficia:
When I read some things about Nigerians and how they treat their employees, I just find it hard to believe because I am also an employer of people.

Without being boastful, I pay my least earned staff 35k a month and she is an SSCE holder who just enrolled for a part time Bsc program.

Because of her school, I gave her Saturday off and permission to close early on Fridays and not to report to work any day she is having exam or serious assignment in school.

Her job is in fact more or less like resting in the office and reading for her academics.

I can swear with my life, none of my staff wish to ever leave.

Honestly I still wonder how people feel maltreating others, especially those below you financially, economically and otherwise.

I do all these things as appreciation to God for making me a successful employer in midst of Nigeria's misery, not because i am perfect.

So don't generalise about all entrepreneurs and business owners, there are still some of us that have conscience and fear of God, I am one of them
Not all bosses are evil, I have work for many boss, there are some that will like to punish you for doing the best you can for them, there are some that will cherish you for the nice work you do, so every stroke for different folks, some boss like to protect and treat their workers like their children, while some are just out of this world like causing trouble.. thank God, you are part of the good ones... Kudos Boss

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

REVEALED: 10 CV Mistakes That Could Cost You Your Dream Job / Fresh Jobs Recruitment In A Multinational Telecom Company (28 Positions) / The Plight Of HND Holders In The Nigerian Labor Market

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.