Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,365 members, 7,815,782 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 PM

Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? (26004 Views)

I Have Lost Hope In This Country In Respect To Government Jobs / Is It A Crime To Be A Female????..pls Help A Heartbroken Sister. / Be Honest Would You Accept This Kind Of Job As Graduate(see Salary) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by mukthar2000(m): 2:22pm On Sep 07, 2022
Guy, I so much feel the pains u went through, but I would advice u to quickly quite that environment, such environment was not for ur type pls, If not u should be expecting another bigger humiliation than d past once, and for u thinking that Assu was still on strike, that u don't want mummy to be affected, guy that was not an excuse pls, mummy was an old staff their and no them better , she can handle things by herself, pls quite such environment to give the greedy husband chance pls.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by ghidhehorn(m): 2:23pm On Sep 07, 2022
That's office politics for you... You have to learn how to play it too or you resign.

Same thing happened to me at my workplace, my immediate boss hated me with passion but I played along and join the strongest office party.... Today I'm now his boss with many benefits attached and he's 100% unaware that I've been promoted 3ce while we're still in the same team.

Office politics is interesting my Brother ��
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by brosammy(m): 2:24pm On Sep 07, 2022
Tofee:
Honesty, hardworking and loyalty only pay when you sell them. Not when you give them

You are 100%, correct sir
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by silaswills01(m): 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
Of course it's a huge crime to be honest and be anything good in this evil country
Sometimes i wonder whether one's existence in this country is a form of punishment due to atrocities of one's forefathers
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Segzy19: 2:25pm On Sep 07, 2022
Bro, while I support that you leave that organization for the sake of your psychological wellbeing, I will also want you to see something positive out of it.

You have experienced the market place. I mean the work-life... How people can be...

I don't pray you face this again in life but it may be totally inevitable as ones path in life will have its own down moments, no matter how little. If some gang-ups, wicked boss or something like this happens again, it won't shock you again as you have experienced it before. It becomes part of your resilience..

Life is Life. It is not always fair. Only the strong and favoured survives...

Other people have advised you nicely like telling you mum, she knows what to do or making an excuse that you want to do for a course..... Whatever you choose to do, make sure your mum is protected at her job...

I wish you favour in future.

Life is Life, Bro
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Eniolohunda: 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2022
My advice to you is not to wait for the red card,Type your resignation and drop it. God will provide a better one for you. Glaringly someone in that place does not want you, don't let anybody put sand sand for your Garri. Let your mummy know the reason why you left the place.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by lawrenzooo: 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
Sometimes!

Back in the early 2000s while I was writing GCE, A bastard corrupt invigilator approached me to pay for "expo" the day I was writing biology... Back then, I was above an average student and won't even indulge in such mess and interestingly, biology was my best subject. I could pass biology exams in flying colours without dedicated studies and preparations... Unfortunately for me, because I refused to pay the bribe, my biology paper was WITHHELD!!! Till date, I'm still in shock because I passed every other papers.

On this day, I lay curse on that man, wherever he is, HE WILL NOT KNOW PEACE in this life and in the hereafter by God's Grace.
Ameen.
It's been 22 years, come on free him and heal. I suppose his actions caused you some setbacks but trust me God would pay him back in his own coin.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by lawrenzooo: 2:31pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:
Is it a crime to be honest in this country ? Referencing to the post I saw here yesterday.

https://www.nairaland.com/7315480/thought-honesty-hardwork-pays

I had my own share too, though it's long but I need your advice.

The episode started when the Suffocating and comprehensive ASUU strike is becoming more elongated.

My mum discussed with her boss if I can be working with them depending when ASUU will call off their strike.

Fortunately, they affirmed to my mum's request and I was employed to work as a secretary.

Note: They are both husband and wife running the organization.

My role is to write receipt for all payments entering the organization account, write and ensure all the payments of the day are updated before the next day.

As a result of the nature of my work, this give me access to the boss office as I may need some things to take there. Even if other staff want to access the office, they will inform me first, then I will collect the key and give them whatever they need in the office.

Things was going smoothly until a fateful Friday I was accused of stealing.

The scenario happened like this.

As the secretary of the organization, I do resume work by 7:30am and close by 5:pm.

Apart from the cleaners that tidy the compound. In most cases, I'm the last person that leaves the office. And whenever I'm leaving, I collect the key to the office and park the bags of the boss and his wife into their car, check whether they bought something and ensure everything is placed in their car.

That fateful day, as usual, His wife wasn't around, then I look for the husband to collect the office key and he told me that the office is opened. With no further delay, I moved into the office and carried their bags. As I was going, he stopped me and check the bag. He claimed that inside the bag, where he packed money, the money has been rough handled and the nylon bag that housed the money was found tore.

Then pandemonium began. He insisted that a person has accessed the money and I was the only person that has the privilege to enter the office. I was troubled and confused. My perplexity was so high that I don't even know what to say.

I tried to explain to the best of my knowledge. I tried my best to exonerate myself that I knew nothing about the money. I told everyone that I met the office opened and I ain't aware that the office was opened. Most times, if I see the office ain't closed. I will close it because it's close to my office. But on this day no one to bear me withness. Every odds look against me. We left there around to 5:30pm that day.

I even told my boss that he should count the money that I don't perceive anyone entering the office. But he kept saying that he didn't know the amount he put there and he can't give the precise amount that has been stolen.

Beforehand, I noticed that the environment is full of jealousy. The staff jealous themselves. They envy each other and there are lots of faction within the organization. To be on a safer side. I didn't join any caucus or faction. I play my role diligently and discharge my duty responsibly. I don't do favouritism as I make myself to be honest in all things. There are many evil things that I'm aware of that goes underground but I don't interfer in it or report it except the bosses know by themselves. With my altitude, well with this I thought, I was loved by the boss and his wife.

When I got home, I wept profusely because no one to bear me withness, everyone seems I'm the thief.

I explained to my mum what happened because she has left earlier. She pacified me and said. If I'm not guilty of the stealing, nothing will happen to me and they should use whatever they want to use to look for their money.

On Monday we resume back to work. What happened on Friday kept pondering my heart, the wound hasn't been healed yet another mysterious thing happened again.

My own office is at the front of the boss office. My table and chair are placed there but it doesn't look privately. It looks like a reception before entering the main office. I got to my office next day to find that #3,600 has been smuggled into my drawer.

Chaiii! No one to bear me withness again about the money I saw. All things look like I was the one that stole the money, and just hiding under the guise of innocency.

I was extremely perplexed, different thought were ruminating my mind. One thought said if you give them the money they will say you are lying that you just kept it there. Another thought said, who knows, perhaps they are putting you under integrity test. Well! I carried the money, luckily the wife was around and I explained how I saw the money and handed it over to her.

When the husband came, she told him exactly what I reported to her and the husband responded, he might be the money they stole on Friday. He continues, definitely the thieves has returned the money as a result of their actions on Friday.

The matter dies there and no one ever made reference to it again until today when the boss (he) asked me to prepare a bill for a customer.
I've done that already and also listening to him and the customer while they were conversing. In a nut shell. I heard the customer telling him that he wants another bills too. Therefore I was preparing that too, unknowingly as I was preparing it, I have covered the first bills with lot of books on my table. As the boss arrived, he requested for the first bill he asked me to prepare. Unfortunately, it's no where to be found again, �‍♂️. I tried to explain to him that I was also preparing other bills the woman mentioned. I think that was the only mistake I made thinking that would make the work faster for the woman to collect the bills.

All of a sudden, I noticed that he has been seethe with anger. He shouted at me that I don't have regards for him, he said, he asked me to do something but I'm doing otherwise. Before I could utter any statement to clear myself out. Everything has already scatter, he remained deaf to whatever I wanted to say. He insisted that I'm not working with them again, he chased me out like a dog that I have to go back to take my phone.

Amongst all the turbulence, I kept begging him. I prostrated on the floor to show that I'm sorry. But he didn't even looked at me.

For the sake of my mother. I don't want to do anything that would affect her relationship with her bosses, I would have said. I'm not working again and not even bother to beg.

To cut it short. His wife signaled to me to meet an erderly man close to the place, possibly he might listen to his pleas. I did as instructed by his wife, "God bless that woman" The erderly man followed me but another thing bursted. He said apart from this, that he can't employ somebody that he doesn't trust. He made it known to the erderly man that I'm not trustworthy using the past money that was stolen as a case of study.

That moment, tears began to roll down from my face. I didn't know what to say in the midst of everyone. Everyone was just saying, please forgive him, he will change, he won't do that again. I looked at myself and said this is humiliation of the highest order. If I take any step, it might affect my mum too and lead to the termination of her appointment. I don't want her to be traumatized.

I remained calm and crying bitterly. Well! he accepted the elderly man plea for me and they concluded that this is yellow card, that if I do anything bad again, they will resort by giving me red card.
Since ASUU is still on strike now and there's no way I can say I'm leaving there without having implication on my mum employment. Who knows, what will happen next that might get me roped and I will be given red card couple with humiliation. I want men with wisdom to advice me on how I can justify my resignation peacefully.
I don't want anything to backfire on my mum. I don't want her to be traumatized and I don't want them to transfer their aggression on her.

I just want to leave there peacefully because I can't see myself working there again. Even all these things was written with my unbalanced emotions. I know I have been traumatized and accused falsely but I believe I will bounce back strongly and soon or sooner God will revealed the perpetrator in Jesus name.���.

I will be glad if this can be moved to front page.
If you don't resign now the shame of the next accusation that man would plot will not even allow your mum to continue working there.

Just tell him u got a course to take and thank him for giving you the opportunity to work with them...

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by faceland: 2:33pm On Sep 07, 2022
That organization is too toxic. You are already a bad person in the boss eyes so it's best to leave. He would always find fault regardless of reality.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by MrPresident1: 2:35pm On Sep 07, 2022
Nairaland be promoting hopeless and satanic topic to front page. Forever, these words will hold true, that Righteousness exalts a nation and sin is a reproach to any people. The righteous will never be forsaken, and his children will never beg for bread because God will take care of his own. Enough with the babylonish satanic nonsense!
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 2:36pm On Sep 07, 2022
LalastiklaIa:
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
I see what you did there, you are quite funny. But I don't think a mere invigilator has that power to make your exam be witheld. The invigilator has no connection with waec and just a staff of the school you wrote. He wanted some money that's why he came to market expo to you. If you had said Supervisor ehn ehn those ones are from the waec office that use to carry the bag of question papers and answer shit...
Keep quiet!
It's about decades ago and you can't be sure of how things work then...
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Majesty33(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
Well, just take heart bro as there are no CCTV installed and this shows how less sophisticated and low standard the school is. I would advice you to pray so so hard and the perpertrator would be exposed. Also, this is a lesson you have learned and also this should prepare you for what to encounter when you land a job after school. Here where i work, they snitch on themselves so so badly and all i need to do is stay quiet and never utter a word.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Advancedman(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:
Is it a crime to be honest in this country ? Referencing to the post I saw here yesterday.

The episode started when the Suffocating and comprehensive ASUU strike is becoming more elongated.

My mum discussed with her boss if I can be working with them depending when ASUU will call off their strike.

Fortunately, they affirmed to my mum's request and I was employed to work as a secretary.

My role is to write receipt for all payments entering the organization account, write and ensure all the payments of the day are updated before the next day.

As a result of the nature of my work, this give me access to the boss office as I may need some things to take there. Even if other staff want to access the office, they will inform me first, then I will collect the key and give them whatever they need in the office.

As the secretary of the organization, I do resume work by 7:30am and close by 5:pm.

Apart from the cleaners that tidy the compound. In most cases, I'm the last person that leaves the office. And whenever I'm leaving, I collect the key to the office and park the bags of the boss and his wife into their car, check whether they bought something and ensure everything is placed in their car.

That fateful day, as usual, His wife wasn't around, then I look for the husband to collect the office key and he told me that the office is opened. With no further delay, I moved into the office and carried their bags. As I was going, he stopped me and check the bag. He claimed that inside the bag, where he packed money, the money has been rough handled and the nylon bag that housed the money was found tore.

Then pandemonium began. He insisted that a person has accessed the money and I was the only person that has the privilege to enter the office. I was troubled and confused. My perplexity was so high that I don't even know what to say.

I tried to explain to the best of my knowledge. I tried my best to exonerate myself that I knew nothing about the money. I told everyone that I met the office opened and I ain't aware that the office was opened. Most times, if I see the office ain't closed. I will close it because it's close to my office. But on this day no one to bear me withness. Every odds look against me. We left there around to 5:30pm that day.

I even told my boss that he should count the money that I don't perceive anyone entering the office. But he kept saying that he didn't know the amount he put there and he can't give the precise amount that has been stolen.

Beforehand, I noticed that the environment is full of jealousy. The staff jealous themselves. They envy each other and there are lots of faction within the organization. To be on a safer side. I didn't join any caucus or faction. I play my role diligently and discharge my duty responsibly. I don't do favouritism as I make myself to be honest in all things. There are many evil things that I'm aware of that goes underground but I don't interfer in it or report it except the bosses know by themselves. With my altitude, well with this I thought, I was loved by the boss and his wife.

When I got home, I wept profusely because no one to bear me withness, everyone seems I'm the thief.

I explained to my mum what happened because she has left earlier. She pacified me and said. If I'm not guilty of the stealing, nothing will happen to me and they should use whatever they want to use to look for their money.

On Monday we resume back to work. What happened on Friday kept pondering my heart, the wound hasn't been healed yet another mysterious thing happened again.

My own office is at the front of the boss office. My table and chair are placed there but it doesn't look privately. It looks like a reception before entering the main office. I got to my office next day to find that #3,600 has been smuggled into my drawer.

Chaiii! No one to bear me withness again about the money I saw. All things look like I was the one that stole the money, and just hiding under the guise of innocency.

I was extremely perplexed, different thought were ruminating my mind. One thought said if you give them the money they will say you are lying that you just kept it there. Another thought said, who knows, perhaps they are putting you under integrity test. Well! I carried the money, luckily the wife was around and I explained how I saw the money and handed it over to her.

When the husband came, she told him exactly what I reported to her and the husband responded, he might be the money they stole on Friday. He continues, definitely the thieves has returned the money as a result of their actions on Friday.

The matter dies there and no one ever made reference to it again until today when the boss (he) asked me to prepare a bill for a customer.
I've done that already and also listening to him and the customer while they were conversing. In a nut shell. I heard the customer telling him that he wants another bills too. Therefore I was preparing that too, unknowingly as I was preparing it, I have covered the first bills with lot of books on my table. As the boss arrived, he requested for the first bill he asked me to prepare. Unfortunately, it's no where to be found again, �‍♂️. I tried to explain to him that I was also preparing other bills the woman mentioned. I think that was the only mistake I made thinking that would make the work faster for the woman to collect the bills.

All of a sudden, I noticed that he has been seethe with anger. He shouted at me that I don't have regards for him, he said, he asked me to do something but I'm doing otherwise. Before I could utter any statement to clear myself out. Everything has already scatter, he remained deaf to whatever I wanted to say. He insisted that I'm not working with them again, he chased me out like a dog that I have to go back to take my phone.

Amongst all the turbulence, I kept begging him. I prostrated on the floor to show that I'm sorry. But he didn't even looked at me.

For the sake of my mother. I don't want to do anything that would affect her relationship with her bosses, I would have said. I'm not working again and not even bother to beg.

To cut it short. His wife signaled to me to meet an erderly man close to the place, possibly he might listen to his pleas. I did as instructed by his wife, "God bless that woman" The erderly man followed me but another thing bursted. He said apart from this, that he can't employ somebody that he doesn't trust. He made it known to the erderly man that I'm not trustworthy using the past money that was stolen as a case of study.

That moment, tears began to roll down from my face. I didn't know what to say in the midst of everyone. Everyone was just saying, please forgive him, he will change, he won't do that again. I looked at myself and said this is humiliation of the highest order. If I take any step, it might affect my mum too and lead to the termination of her appointment. I don't want her to be traumatized.

I remained calm and crying bitterly. Well! he accepted the elderly man plea for me and they concluded that this is yellow card, that if I do anything bad again, they will resort by giving me red card.
Since ASUU is still on strike now and there's no way I can say I'm leaving there without having implication on my mum employment. Who knows, what will happen next that might get me roped and I will be given red card couple with humiliation. I want men with wisdom to advice me on how I can justify my resignation peacefully.
I don't want anything to backfire on my mum. I don't want her to be traumatized and I don't want them to transfer their aggression on her.

I just want to leave there peacefully because I can't see myself working there again. Even all these things was written with my unbalanced emotions. I know I have been traumatized and accused falsely but I believe I will bounce back strongly and soon or sooner God will revealed the perpetrator in Jesus name.���.

Labor market is another life that is not in any university syllabus moreso now you know what your parents go through to train you.
Now you are exposed to the wicked wide world or anyhow you want to call it #www
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Germi9: 2:38pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

Eiya! Poor thing..Wake up at night 3am,read Psalms of vengeance make a terrible declaration and your enemies will scatter

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Yxxx: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
Sometimes!

Back in the early 2000s while I was writing GCE, A bastard corrupt invigilator approached me to pay for "expo" the day I was writing biology... Back then, I was above an average student and won't even indulge in such mess and interestingly, biology was my best subject. I could pass biology exams in flying colours without dedicated studies and preparations... Unfortunately for me, because I refused to pay the bribe, my biology paper was WITHHELD!!! Till date, I'm still in shock because I passed every other papers.

On this day, I lay curse on that man, wherever he is, HE WILL NOT KNOW PEACE in this life and in the hereafter by God's Grace.
Ameen.
When you curse, mention the person's full name for effect.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by MarxisGLABACK: 2:40pm On Sep 07, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
Sometimes!

Ameen.

DURING MY UNIVERSITY YEARS, I HAD A TIGHT GIRLFRIEND WHOM I RUN THINGS WITH, ON A FAITHFUL DAY WE WERE WAITING 4 LECTURES @ THE HALL CORRIDORS, I WAS WITH ESTHER AND WE WERE DOING OUR LOVE THING, HUGGING & KISSING, . SUDDENLY THE LECTURER SHOWED UP AND THEN SAW WHILE I WAS HUGGING ESTHER, SO WE QUICKLY RAN INTO THE LECTURE HALL, AND RESUMED LECTURES, WE WERE IN 300L THEN, . I HAD ORDINARY PASS IN HIS COURSE INSTEAD OF B OR C. THAT SEMESTER, 4NO REASON, EVEN THOUGH I WAS AMONG THE TEN BEST IN THE DEPT. LATER SOME OF MY NIGERS RELATED 2ME DAT I WAS EATING LECTURERS MEAT, I JUST LEFT IT 2FATE JUST AS U DID.
IN LIFE ,U NEVER CAN TELL HOW EVIL MINDED PEOPLE CAN BE AND HOW FAR THEY CAN GO ON.
SOMETHING U WERE NEVER AWARE .
IT WASN'T ESTHERS FAULT CUZ I INVESTIGATED, SHE IS MY TIGHT BABE WE RUN THINGS.
SUCH IS LIFE ATIMES, U FIND IT HARD 2 BELIEVE &COMPREHEND BUT ITS REAL ...........

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by DesignMaestro(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
That environment is too toxic for you to continue working with them. It seems the man doesn't want you there.

I think you should politely tell them you won't be able to continue working with them because you are going for a vocational training. Don't show any sign of anger or displeasure towards them.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by georgecso(m): 2:43pm On Sep 07, 2022
In all of these issues, can you just quietly commit everything into God's hands? Be that faithful witness God want to use to reveal something but you have to be wise as a serpent o.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by sonofthunder: 2:44pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

1. Advice your boss or his wife to install cameras discreetly.

2. Resign.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by jumper524(m): 2:45pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:
I just prayed the strike is called off soon. At least I will be freed without any implication.
my brother you had better learn not to stop taking humiliation from people.
There are times you damnn the consequences, imagine kneeling and begging someone for something you didn't do, common..
Tender your resignation before you get more than you bargained.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by INTEGRITYA1(m): 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2022
samwash:
From your narration, since the company is run by husband & wife, he be like say you dey burn the man cable.
Some runs dey when the man dey do when he wife nor kwn, since you dey there he nor dey fit run the parole. I don't see why he will hate you for no reason or maybe he get him own babe wen he wan take do secretary, so he has to get you off the way.
Just tell your mum say you wan leave the place, she kwns what to do.
@Op, this is also an experience, after graduation, if it happens you work in the government sector, or private sector, muti national company etc, you may likely encounter worst or something similar, so it's an experience of a life time. That is how some work environment is in the real world. Welcome !!!

Yeah, all these things are real.

They call it Office Politicking.

That's why the book of Mafia Manager's says.

In office environment, you have to have the moral of whole and manner of the dancing Master. It's real.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by OSUigboFlatHead(f): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2022
Yxxx:

When you curse, mention the person's full name for effect.
I DON'T KNOW THE BASTARD'S NAME BUT HE AND HIS CHILDREN WON'T KNOW PEACE.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by OvertheTop(m): 2:49pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

From Your Write Up, I Think one or more of Your colleagues was trying to Get rid of you...Maybe out of jealousy.

I will suggest Draft a Letter to Yourself (from maybe an IT school) that :
You Got an Appointment to come Learn Programming or another Skill including the Amount you will be Paying for Tuition:

With a Smiling Face, Tender the Letter OR Explain to the Boss that You Applied for this Skill Program Earlier this year before Joining them,
Now, You have been called to come to Start the (paid)Program.

Then Appreciate the Boss Wella:

''Thank you, Sir, for the Wonderful opportunity you gave me to serve in this Great Establishment''
"I will forever Appreciate You, sir"

Make sure you Smile.....

Then Calmly get his Prayers too....and the Peacefully JAPA

All the best

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by CaveAdullam: 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2022
franchasofficia:
When I read some things about Nigerians and how they treat their employees, I just find it hard to believe because I am also an employer of people.

Without being boastful, I pay my least earned staff 35k a month and she is an SSCE holder who just enrolled for a part time Bsc program.

Because of her school, I gave her Saturday off and permission to close early on Fridays and not to report to work any day she is having exam or serious assignment in school.

Her job is in fact more or less like resting in the office and reading for her academics.

I can swear with my life, none of my staff wish to ever leave.

Honestly I still wonder how people feel maltreating others, especially those below you financially, economically and otherwise.

I do all these things as appreciation to God for making me a successful employer in midst of Nigeria's misery, not because i am perfect.

So don't generalize about all entrepreneurs and business owners, there are still some of us that have conscience and fear of God, I am one of them

1. Of course, every rule has an exception, but the exceptions always prove the rule.

When a thing is common, it is better to generalize especially when it follows an observable and empirical approach. If you focus on the exceptions, you will always miss the details that will draw you to the truth and will make it difficult to correct the bigger problem.

2. As with everything, the majority always wins the vote and they decide how things will be run and operated.

Nigeria is considered a Black nation worldwide and beyond because the majority of her population is dark in complexion. Even Africa is still considered a Black continent despite countries like Egypt, Algeria, and Morocco that are similar to Asians facially.

Now coming out to say Nigeria should not be generalized as a black nation because some tribes have a lineage of fair-complexioned individuals and some people are albino reeks of ignorance...hope you now see how your arguments sound.

3. Your staffs are happy with you because as an outlier employer that you claimed to be:

1. You uphold business ethics and principles.

2. You still judge and handle affairs from a human perspective and not just business.

3. Your staffs lack any option when it comes to a better job. So, it is better they love their current job and their boss even if they are tired.

4. They are paying you lip service, bootlicking you because they don't want to lose their jobs. This is normal politics in any office environment: pay lip service to your superiors.

5. Do you say none of your staff ever wish to leave? Are you ready to take this bet?

The bet goes like this: call 2-3 of your trusted staff and tell them that you have recommended them to a company that is willing to pay 4 times their current salary with a free tourist visa vacation every 6 months and other monthly allowances. And that they are to resume in the next month after finishing the other part of the interview, a light interview.

Come back and tell us your result.

Stay good man. Have a nice day.

Thanks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by baba4thegehs: 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
Just discuss with your mum, write a resignation after like a month and tender it, reason should be that you're pursing other career opportunities or business.

Don't make it look like you're angry.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by phemmyfour: 2:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

That thread isn't related to rewarding honesty. It's more about working in a hostile environment.

Good or bad character....you all get served
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by CaveAdullam: 2:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
Jeromejnr:

I have to say, you write and communicate well.

Thank you for your kind words. I do appreciate it. And I promise to improve and do better.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by anochuko01(m): 2:58pm On Sep 07, 2022
I've been asking myself this same question since last week.

Only few people have genuine love for their neighbors. Zero honesty in people's heart, just wickedness and love of money.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by investorcj(m): 3:01pm On Sep 07, 2022
Bro just take heart,I myself too was affected by the strike cause I had to go and work for an uncle who at the littlest mistake would insult you and berate you but I kept number for 4months.imagine working for 4 months and then waking up one morning I just told my self am not an orphan I have parents,took my bags and left without his knowledge and went home to cry my heart out,but I am still jobless but with peace of mind.
My advice to you,forget what the relationship between your mom and the boss will be like when you leave,if you think that you leaving now will make their relationship become bad because of what happened then when school resume and strike is called off won't you still leave or are you planning on changing the mind of your boss, if that is the case you can't please or make anybody to like you,you are you so do you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Olam09(m): 3:05pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

The fact is.. they don't want you and your mum to be in the same workplace it's better you leave the work place for your mum.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by Treasure17(m): 3:11pm On Sep 07, 2022
sammieking2017:

Thanks boss, I'm leaving there today and I will update you whatever happens. The salary is not even worth the stress. I'm recieving 15,k while undergoing all these emotional traumas.
Was actually waiting for you to mention the salary range. Imagine earning 15k with humiliation here and there. See OP, if you know what's good for you leave that place before they finally nail you to the cross. I hope it wont be too late then.
Re: Is It A Crime To Be Honest In This Country ? by IbileIfe: 3:12pm On Sep 07, 2022
Liars get most of the things they want than honest people in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

REVEALED: 10 CV Mistakes That Could Cost You Your Dream Job / A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs / Finally Gotten A Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 246
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.