Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,487 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating (7252 Views)

5 Things You Need To Survive In The Real World As A Nigerian Graduate / First-class Can Sometimes Be Frustrating / 3 Tips Any Graduate Can Use To Land A Job They Want (podcast) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by 1forall: 11:33am On Aug 14, 2011
Excuse my pragmatism, I assumed you'd see a bigger picture in the making.

Next time use the report to moderator link in each post please.

yamakuza:

Any alternative title suggestions?
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by yamakuza: 12:44pm On Aug 14, 2011
^ Anything wrong with former title? Just curious as to what informed the change.

>[s] profile updated. Hope to read from you soon.[/s]
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by AjanleKoko: 2:04pm On Aug 14, 2011
Geeky:

I have help a few people with money spining business ideas and they were able to implement it and come back to thank me because they had the funds for it. Right now i have researched on one business which is unique to Nigeria, have samples and have test run it. People who saw the adverts and want it calls me everyday but no investor to fund it. All marketing strategies have been drawn and plotted by me, with plan A,B, and even C. But no investors.
Im a critic so it makes me a perfectionist. Chances are before you tell me im wrong, i would have already seen it and started correcting it.
I get a thrill from plotting strategies and solving seemingly insurmountable problems in businesses. To me its like trying to find a way out of a maze or labyrinth. I wont rest till i solve it.
I am loyal to a fault to people that deserve it. People have called me proactive. I am not contented with just sitting there and earning my salary, i will try to contribute or improve the company.
And thats just about 10 percent of my skills. I have done a lot online. Addwords, addsence, surveys, even forex. So i never sat down and waited for freebies at any point in my life.

Hmm.
I'm impressed.
I will PM you my email address and you can send me your resume to look at.
Then we see what happens next.
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by shola1012: 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2011
Heart-touching! Love every comment on this post and I wish everyone could wake up from their slumber. The country is producing graduates; thousands out there as corper, serving their father's land, flowing with no milk and honey. Bravo, there seem to be an increment in corper's alawy - N19,800. What message is the government passing accross? The fools would not bother to think and ask why this increment? Their thoughts are: buy new shoes and clothing, save and buy a blackberry phone to feel among and probably live a sedentary life-style, it's a pity.

Government is simply telling you, there is no job in the outside world. You would apply for a job a million and one person would also apply for but alas! many are called but few are chosen if not only one person is chosen. All you would hear is: we'ld get back to you and you see yourself waiting endlessly trying to give yourself a worthless hope. Government didn't increase corper alawy fro a sedentary life-style. Be wise, save and get yourself financial freedom by being an entrepreneur!

THE WAY FORWARD

Global meltdown!!! Job cuts everywhere!!!

That’s not an excuse to stay idle……….You can start a business with what you have in your hands

Do you have business ideas pumping in your head but don’t have the funds to turn them to reality? … We will show you how to build up money from very little resources.

Do you own your business but lack funds to take it to the next level? …we will show you how to generate more funds from the little you have.

· WHAT ARE YOUR DESIRES?

- Personal Development

- Owning your business

- More time for yourself and family

- Vacation

- Meeting people & building relationships

- Leaving a legacy

- Earn Extra income (Active income)

- To achieve financial freedom (Passive Income)

· THE WEALTH CHAIN

Problems –> Opportunities –> Solutions –> Value –> Money –> Wealth

- MONEY?

- Problem is the ORIGIN of money while Opportunities, Solutions and Values (OSV) are the missing links between the money we have and that which we don’t yet have.

- Money has a “current” and a “flow” and those who understand this flow keep having more.

- Barter system of trade gave birth to money; hence, money is an off-shoot of product/value.

- Money is an irresponsible master and a very responsible servant; money is the right tool in the hands of world changers and a wrong tool in the hands of fools!

- There is an art and science of money that must be mastered before wealth can be created.

THE 3 Ms OF MONEY MASTERY…

-Make Money: New streams of Active income or new channels of making money.

- Manage Money: New opportunities of saving money and earning.

- Multiply Money: Great Investment opportunities into assets which invariably generate passive income.

THREATS TO OUR OSVs

- UNEMPLOYMENT/ JOB LOSS

- ECONOMY RECESSION/ INFLATION

- CRASHED STOCK MARKET

- LOW WAGES/SALARIES

- FOLDING BUSINESSES

…….what are the PLANS you have in place to have “AN EXTRA STREAM OF INCOME” to avoid exposing yourself and your family to UNCERTAINTIES?

Let me ask you sincerely, what would you fall back on if your employer asks you to leave today or if your business operations don’t go as planned?

· ACTIVE INCOME, PASSIVE INCOME AND FINANCIAL FREEDOM EXPLAINED!!!!!!

- ACTIVE INCOME: The income earned in the short term either from your job or business endeavours.

- PASSIVE INCOME: The income earned from tangible and/or intangible assets when you don’t work again. i.e. it is the income from the previous work done. E.g. Rent on a property, royalty from intellectual property, dividends from shares/stocks. Etc.

- FINANCIAL FREEDOM: This is achieved when your passive income at any time is higher than your current liabilities. Less than 1% of the world population ever achieves financial freedom because financial intelligence is not taught in the university!

Do you desire to say bye-bye to poverty and become a multi-millionaire without any university degree……, let me show you how you can run into millions of naira by partnering with with a multinational company into health maintainance. Get trained as a NUTRITIONIST, irrespective of your educational background. Get massive profit on prescriptions, aside this, the big bang is leverage. This gives a passive income !!!!

How leverage works

Everyone who is interested would be required to obtain a licence for N8,050, introduce new people (We have a simple channel to do this) and build a big company of your own.

If you are interested in getting the full information,send “AM INTERESTED/YOUR NAME/EMAIL ADDRESS/LOCATION” careermanger@rocketmail.com and I'ill get back to you as soon as possible.

KNOWLEDGE is POWER they say, so go for knowledge and obtain power to liberate you from poverty. Hope to hear from you soon. Cheers.
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by dip0: 9:33pm On Aug 14, 2011
I had to go through 'update your profile','show last posts' links to find this thread. I saw the thread before but the change in title did'nt let me recognize it as the one I was looking for. And the new title is rather interesting nor inviting.
It's really kinda unreasonable that the Mods changed the name of this thread as it doesn't reflect anything close to what the thread starter intended it to be. The Mods should understand better the need for a thread title to be inviting enough, one of which is to magnet as much attention as possible. It is out of this initial attraction that all-important contributions,relationships and partnerships start.
I think the thread name should be reverted to what it was before.

@ Geeky.
Thanks for acknowledging my post. My email address is waleshow@hotmail.com (in-case something comes up smiley)
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2011
Geeky:

@ blank. I read through the first time and i saw red. Then i tried to be calm while reading through the second time. Like a bull the piece of red the bull sees and then charges at the matador holding it. I also dont mean to be rude but you sure are very silly, then silly to politely insult me. If you werent so guilty because you are one of those gals that their daddy bribed into an organisation, you would have realizes i didnt say all. Or you lost your coke bottles?
Who the hell are you to classify social science courses like social works as inferior and so not meriting jobs compared to other courses. It goes to show the level of your stupidity again. For your information i have a degree in computer science. I have also writen tests, been called for interviews even by nestle. Its either i cant drive or they eventually dont reply. Who are you to decide in that your overipe head that i have never writen any tests or passed?
If i got a 30k job and i end up not spending it all on t-fare, i wouldnt come here and start this thread numskull. You just come here with a judgemental attitude and spew all sorts of rubbish out of that sewer you call a mouth.
I have not sold my body yet to even a soul. My situation just made me see a different side of people who do. Instead of being judgemental, i saw why they end up doing it. But obviously you smelly tad have been selling it on credit or for a mere bottle of fanta since age 9. If you were so irritated or disgusted by the thread, why didnt you just crawl past into the anthole where you live? Was a gun pointed at your silly head that you had to? No you had to prove aproko and reply. Who the hell are you? A demi-god who passes judgements? Just thank your ancestors in the village that i dont know you personally because i would have given you a deserving backhand slap and wring your fowl neck. I will soon write some codes that will slap children of threads or this fora.
Ms cv writer welldone. I can imagine the old school cv and cover letter you will be writing. My dear it didnt get you the job cos i beat the hr personnel burnt it when he saw it. Na your papa things help you, or better still your intimate skills. Invest on making myself employable? See, it never sank into your thick skull that i aint got the cash. Pity.
Dont ever annoy me ok? As i dey here i de see red.
[color=#000099]@OP the answer to your pains is Entrepreneurship. My advise for you is STOP groaning, get on board an start working.[/color10
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by DaDoctor: 2:21pm On Aug 15, 2011
[b]@op

Most of us are products of this same country!! But we are trying well and have succeede to some extent

herein nothing comes easy my dear.

My bit of advise?

Dont think education(being a graduate) is the key to success 2 .1 0r 2.2

You just have to look up to God and then make good and calculated efforts.

Most graduates have refused to settle WITH A MEDIUM PAYING JOB. They want to start it big. WRONG MENTALITY THAT NEVER WORKS FOR ALL.

My first salary i remember was just 30k but i took it cos of the experience and today? i cant shout. family wealth or not. as a man i thank GOD.

PLS START SMALL WHILE TRYING TO GET CERTIFICATIONS AND A HIGHER DEGREE BECAUSE BSC IS SO RAMPANT JUST LIKE O LEVEL.

NOW ONE INDUSTRY THAT NEVER STOPS RECRUITING IS THE EDUCATIONAL SECTOR.

Get in and pass ur knowledge, saving your time and energy on preparation for the various CV's you have submitted. That way u are not so richa nd not so poor, but u sure would be sufficient. FROM THOS POINT YOU MAKE APPLICATIONS AND I BET YOU IT MAY WORK OUT FOR U![/b]
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by yamakuza: 2:28pm On Aug 15, 2011
^ brandnew gidilinks, she has tried and is trying that. She wants to take things to another level, hence this thread.

Would love to hear practical tips, ideas, case studies and success stories too.

Of course, help in any form asides comments is most welcome too!

Thanx!
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2011
yamakuza:

^ brandnew gidilinks, she has tried and is trying that. She wants to take things to another level, hence this thread.

Would love to hear practical tips, ideas, case studies and success stories too.

Of course, help in any form asides comments is most welcome too!

Thanx!
You see the problem we have especially in Nigeria is placing too much emphasis on paper qualification. Your qualifications doesn't matter as much as what you can do with it. Your skills. So my advise to her is to become very good at what she's passionate about and no doubt success with come knocking at her doors. wink
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by dramenda(f): 2:48pm On Aug 15, 2011
@

Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Princek12(m): 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2011
dramenda:

@ poster, please stop whining. I don't mean to be rude but how can you say people that are getting jobs is cos they have connections? I am sure

it sounds like the poster's statement about an unqualified persons getting jobs through connections hit home pretty hard. you must feel very bad, don't you?
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Sicherheit(m): 3:25pm On Aug 15, 2011
Geeky:

@ blank. I read through the first time and i saw red. Then i tried to be calm while reading through the second time. Like a bull the piece of red the bull sees and then charges at the matador holding it. I also dont mean to be rude but you sure are very silly, then silly to politely insult me. If you werent so guilty because you are one of those gals that their daddy bribed into an organisation, you would have realizes i didnt say all. Or you lost your coke bottles?
Who the hell are you to classify social science courses like social works as inferior and so not meriting jobs compared to other courses. It goes to show the level of your stupidity again. For your information i have a degree in computer science. I have also writen tests, been called for interviews even by nestle. Its either i cant drive or they eventually dont reply. Who are you to decide in that your overipe head that i have never writen any tests or passed?
If i got a 30k job and i end up not spending it all on t-fare, i wouldnt come here and start this thread numskull. You just come here with a judgemental attitude and spew all sorts of rubbish out of that sewer you call a mouth.
I have not sold my body yet to even a soul. My situation just made me see a different side of people who do. Instead of being judgemental, i saw why they end up doing it. But obviously you smelly tad have been selling it on credit or for a mere bottle of fanta since age 9. If you were so irritated or disgusted by the thread, why didnt you just crawl past into the anthole where you live? Was a gun pointed at your silly head that you had to? No you had to prove aproko and reply. Who the hell are you? A demi-god who passes judgements? Just thank your ancestors in the village that i dont know you personally because i would have given you a deserving backhand slap and wring your fowl neck. I will soon write some codes that will slap children of threads or this fora.
Ms cv writer welldone. I can imagine the old school cv and cover letter you will be writing. My dear it didnt get you the job cos i beat the hr personnel burnt it when he saw it. Na your papa things help you, or better still your intimate skills. Invest on making myself employable? See, it never sank into your thick skull that i aint got the cash. Pity.
Dont ever annoy me ok? As i dey here i de see red.

I commend you on this response, for standing up for yourself. Bravo!
I am so sick and tired of people who think they can open their mouth and yarn rubbish to someone who is asking for help. The judgmental, I am so perfect and my shite don't stink, know it all posters are the ones ruining this forum. My dear sister, don't ever let anyone put you down, that you are seeking advice or frustrated with the present situation does not mean you are not worthy of respect.
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Sicherheit(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2011
You people are acting like what the OP wrote is false. The truth is in Naija today, connection is what gets you in and if you don't have those connections you have to be ready to give something up. I have friends calling me and asking me to speak to my uncle to help them because they found out the GM of one company is the brother of my uncle's friend. One of my Aunty's friend complained bitterly of recent because her daughter told her one of the area uncles who promised her a job is using style to ask her out, mind you the area uncle is older than the mother and knew the girl since she was in primary school. These things happen and pretending it does not and saying the OP is whining is just plain stoopid. undecided
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by hustla(m): 3:38pm On Aug 15, 2011
Yahoo Straight!!!!!!!!Ozwo grin grin grin
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Sicherheit(m): 3:40pm On Aug 15, 2011
Seun:

Let's chat.  I'll pm you my IM details.  You just need a little counseling and encouragement.
Seun, this is very impressive what you are doing. Maybe this will encourage more people to be mentors to up and coming youngsters. A mentoring section in the Career Section may not be a bad idea.
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Sicherheit(m): 3:42pm On Aug 15, 2011
How is she blaming other people? She only laid out the situation as it is, where is the blaming? undecided
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by nnabuike1(m): 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2011
Geeky:

I will try to rewrite the lost one. I have a degree in computer science and i can design websites. Well to an extent.What ever i have earned had been through being sharp so to say. If i cant create the website you want, i will get you someone who will. And i get my cut.

Maybe you are simply not competitive when compared to your fellow programmers.  Programming skills is in very high demand in Nigeria today and it is very easy and rewarding for one with real programming skills to be self employed in this country.  Most of the guys that did CS are either working for a company developing code or are self employed **developing code**, mostly database management software.

IT training helps but is really not necessary for success as a programmer.

So when you tell us that the extent of your ability is website design "to an extent", despite your degree in computer science, I can only infer that you are just not competitive, then again I could be wrong but you would have to show us some of the other things that you have done that is more worthy than website design.

Maybe you should reduce your expectations a bit,  like somebody mentioned here don't go for 500k jobs but rather settle for 30k-50k jobs and as you learn more about the industry, maybe you can advance.

Just my thoughts.
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by pmmgv(m): 4:04pm On Aug 15, 2011
mail me Pmmgv@yahoo.com if your idea is a good one, we can do business together
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by pmmgv(m): 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2011
mail me Pmmgv@yahoo.com if your idea is a good one, we can do business together
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by bid4rich(m): 4:41pm On Aug 15, 2011
Its just unfortunate that everything is like this. I remember when I graduated, I tried all I could to get a job but none is forth-coming, it has been like that but we dont have to give up. All we need to do is to keep the main thing the main thing Lets us be praying for divine favour that God should lead us to person that will not only appreciate out dreams but also to invest in it financially. I thank my God, when I was tired of trying in searching for paid employment, He led me and see me through. Now this same investment Im sitting on is moving towards a million in 8 month. God is all we need and forget what economy. God bless us all.
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by emmaco24(m): 4:54pm On Aug 15, 2011
Your story is very touching.Drop me a line.My email address is nanichient@gmail.com
I may be able to help out with something.
I will be expecting your email.
Thanks
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2011
Somtyms i ask maslf if somtins wrong wit me or wit d system, i end up blamin maslf cos dats d onli way i wil get to improve, n even if av improved,i stil nid to improve more, but somtins definitely wrong.if notins wrong,how can i,by 200 level,put myself tru computer hardware and maintainance n bcom an expert dat i fix mor dan half of my course mate‘s pc;absorb all wat i was taught during siwes at an ISP dat,afta 2months,i was made into a sort of staff to single handedly go to d field to configure wireless radios n routers n monitor networks frm an AP,which i did for almost eight months dat d company so much respected me;follow dat up wit d nitty gritty of phone softwares hacking,modding n configurationz dat i virtually bcam a don in my dept during my 500 level during d golden era of free browsing;den for jst 2,000 naira,i was d only one among a class of ten dat deeply absorbed a web design class of html,css,php and mysql.i became so good dat i actually designed n hosted two sites aftaward, oh,not forgetting d music production i learnt also during my siwes program, i make beats and voice ma friends n maslf,all on my hp 530,lol, dat system don suffer,walahi,n am not tru wit it yet, hw can i,wit al dis experience,b sitting down in my room,thinkin about lyf,wit jst 2,000 naira last card on me, waitin for d nxt allawee nysc wil pay?I am a deep critic of maslf n i knw somtins wrong, Somtyms i ask maslf if somtins wrong wit me or wit d system, i end up blamin maslf cos dats d onli way i wil get to improve, n even if av improved,i stil nid to improve more, but somtins definitely wrong.if notins wrong,how can i,by 200 level,put myself tru computer hardware and maintainance n bcom an expert dat i fix mor dan half of my course mate‘s pc;absorb all wat i was taught during siwes at an ISP dat,afta 2months,i was made into a sort of staff to single handedly go to d field to configure wireless radios n routers n monitor networks frm an AP,which i did for almost eight months dat d company so much respected me;follow dat up wit d nitty gritty of phone softwares hacking,modding n configurationz dat i virtually bcam a don in my dept during my 500 level during d golden era of free browsing;den for jst 2,000 naira,i was d only one among a class of ten dat deeply absorbed a web design class of html,css,php and mysql.i became so good dat i actually designed n hosted two sites aftaward, oh,not forgetting d music production i learnt also during my siwes program, i make beats and voice ma friends n maslf,all on my hp 530,lol, dat system don suffer,walahi,n am not tru wit it yet, hw can i,wit al dis experience,b sitting down in my room,thinkin about lyf,wit jst 2,000 naira last card on me, waitin for d nxt allawee nysc wil pay?I am a deep critic of maslf n i knw somtins wrong,
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Nobody: 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2011
@hustla, word!
I dey vex, i dey vex, i dey vex eh!!

Lol, if geeky dey para like dis wetin make awon boys talk,
Orun n'ya bo, ki n'soro enikan!
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by paraphase(m): 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2011
smiley
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2011
Wich kind error b dis na:-D.again den.
Somtyms i ask maslf if somtins wrong wit me or wit d system, i end up blamin maslf cos dats d onli way i wil get to improve, n even if av improved,i stil nid to improve more, but somtins definitely wrong.if notins wrong,how can i,by 200 level,put myself tru computer hardware and maintainance n bcom an expert dat i fix mor dan half of my course mate‘s pc;absorb all wat i was taught during siwes at an ISP dat,afta 2months,i was made into a sort of staff to single handedly go to d field to configure wireless radios n routers n monitor networks frm an AP,which i did for almost eight months dat d company so much respected me;follow dat up wit d nitty gritty of phone softwares hacking,modding n configurationz dat i virtually bcam a don in my dept during my 500 level during d golden era of free browsing;den for jst 2,000 naira,i was d only one among a class of ten dat deeply absorbed a web design class of html,css,php and mysql.i became so good dat i actually designed n hosted two sites aftaward, oh,not forgetting d music production i learnt also during my siwes program, i make beats and voice ma friends n maslf,all on my hp 530,lol, dat system don suffer,walahi,n am not tru wit it yet, hw can i,wit al dis experience,b sitting down in my room,thinkin about lyf,wit jst 2,000 naira last card on me, waitin for d nxt allawee nysc wil pay?I am a deep critic of maslf n i knw somtins wrong.am nt pitying maslf,or makin mouth or anytin, am jst sort of reflecting as i wait 2go bak 2 ma place of ppa in a broke stateup wit d nitty gritty of phone softwares hacking,modding n configurationz dat i virtually bcam a don in my dept during my 500 level during d golden era of free browsing;den for jst 2,000 naira,i was d only one among a class of ten dat deeply absorbed a web design class of html,css,php and mysql.i became so good dat i actually designed n hosted two sites aftaward, oh,not forgetting d music production i learnt also during my siwes program, i make beats and voice ma friends n maslf,all on my hp 530,lol, dat system don suffer,walahi,n am not tru wit it yet, hw can i,wit al dis experience,b sitting down in my room,thinkin about lyf,wit jst 2,000 naira last card on me, waitin for d nxt allawee nysc wil pay?I am a deep critic of maslf n i knw somtins wrong.am nt pitying maslf,or makin mouth or anytin, am jst sort of reflecting as i wait 2go bak 2 ma place of ppa in a broke state
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by yamakuza: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2011
loladeking:

Somtyms i ask maslf if somtins wrong wit me or wit d system, i end up blamin maslf cos dats d onli way i wil get to improve, n even if av improved,i stil nid to improve more, but somtins definitely wrong.if notins wrong,how can i,by 200 level,put myself tru computer hardware and maintainance n bcom an expert dat i fix mor dan half of my course mate‘s pc;absorb all wat i was taught during siwes at an ISP dat,afta 2months,i was made into a sort of staff to single handedly go to d field to configure wireless radios n routers n monitor networks frm an AP,which i did for almost eight months dat d company so much respected me;follow dat up wit d nitty gritty of phone softwares hacking,modding n configurationz dat i virtually bcam a don in my dept during my 500 level during d golden era of free browsing;den for jst 2,000 naira,i was d only one among a class of ten dat deeply absorbed a web design class of html,css,php and mysql.i became so good dat i actually designed n hosted two sites aftaward, oh,not forgetting d music production i learnt also during my siwes program, i make beats and voice ma friends n maslf,all on my hp 530,lol, dat system don suffer,walahi,n am not tru wit it yet, hw can i,wit al dis experience,b sitting down in my room,thinkin about lyf,wit jst 2,000 naira last card on me, waitin for d nxt allawee nysc wil pay?I am a deep critic of maslf n i knw somtins wrong, Somtyms i ask maslf if somtins wrong wit me or wit d system, i end up blamin maslf cos dats d onli way i wil get to improve, n even if av improved,i stil nid to improve more, but somtins definitely wrong.if notins wrong,how can i,by 200 level,put myself tru computer hardware and maintainance n bcom an expert dat i fix mor dan half of my course mate‘s pc;absorb all wat i was taught during siwes at an ISP dat,afta 2months,i was made into a sort of staff to single handedly go to d field to configure wireless radios n routers n monitor networks frm an AP,which i did for almost eight months dat d company so much respected me;follow dat up wit d nitty gritty of phone softwares hacking,modding n configurationz dat i virtually bcam a don in my dept during my 500 level during d golden era of free browsing;den for jst 2,000 naira,i was d only one among a class of ten dat deeply absorbed a web design class of html,css,php and mysql.i became so good dat i actually designed n hosted two sites aftaward, oh,not forgetting d music production i learnt also during my siwes program, i make beats and voice ma friends n maslf,all on my hp 530,lol, dat system don suffer,walahi,n am not tru wit it yet, hw can i,wit al dis experience,b sitting down in my room,thinkin about lyf,wit jst 2,000 naira last card on me, waitin for d nxt allawee nysc wil pay?I am a deep critic of maslf n i knw somtins wrong,

the smartest are not always the richest.

Sometimes, we are so caught up chasing knowledge we forget the bottomline.

I think learning how to marry Business with IT effectively is very essential for would be today's entrepreneurs.
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by deluxecad(m): 5:56pm On Aug 15, 2011
Bro, before you think and believe you are in a worse situation than everybody, let me help you to the fact that there are even much brighter people than you that never had a chance to acquire tertiary education.  So you still have an advantage, knowing full well that one day you'll get  a better placement somewhere. Don't relapse into throwing blames here and there, the job situation is almost the same all over the world. Can you authoritatively tell me where they have up to 40% employment guarantee after college? Work  hard at what you are doing now and take some more courses to improve yourself. Many people in this forum have worse stories to tell, but in the end they landed a good job. Worrying will wear you out. Get a better outlook!!!
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by pak: 7:28pm On Aug 15, 2011
. . .
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by Thirst4Lif: 7:29pm On Aug 15, 2011
Please do not tell me to keep praying. I am tired of that already. I cant cry any more. I cant wait anymore.
Now you wonder why females have no other option but to sell themselves to make money right? Have you ever sat down to think about what happens to people who has got so  much potentials but never the chance to showcase it? Business? There is never capital for that. No body wants to invest in your dreams even if its lucrative. Am i just supposed to accept defeat and relapse into nothingness? This is how serial killers are made. So much bitterness, so much anger, so much hate.
@OP I can certainly understand your frustration. I've been in a similar situation myself. However, what you cannot and must not

do is admit defeat. You worked hard, educated yourself and prepared for great things in your life. And those things will come!

My next words may disappoint you or even make you angry, but you MUST continue to pray for what you seek in life. Be very

specific in your prayers. If there is a certain salary you desire or a certain position, include those requests in your prayers. God

will hear and God will answer you. Wishing you all the best that life has to offer!
Re: Life As A Nigerian Graduate Can Be So Frustrating by deekay29(m): 7:39pm On Aug 15, 2011
I cant say i understand your pain in terms of searching for a job because i made up my mind a long time ago to be my own boss, its also not an easy prospect my sister; i am one of the lucky ones who has family that invested in me and are still supporting me cash wise for my biz. I have lost a lot of money and i have made money for them too. But please, don't trust everyone that tells you to contact them so you can talk business; keep the most INTIMATE details of your biz idea to yourself, there are people who have money to do biz and are waiting for the next great idea from someone like yourself so dey can pounce and profit at your expense. Money first and then you can divulge sensitive info. Good Luck.

BTW i am looking to set up a website for my biz, i will be in Naija by Gods grace at the end of September, is this something you will be willling to do? iezenduka@deegoscommunications.com, holla.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Things To Consider Before Joining The Military / Why You Should Start Your Pension Early / Stanbic-IBTC Bank On A Sacking Spree!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.