Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,356 members, 7,819,266 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again (43553 Views)

My Wife Twins Sister Moved To Our Apartment Of A Room And Parlour Self-contain / My Wife Doesn't Post My Pictures On Social Media, She Is Abnormal, Help! / My Wife Doesn't Like Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by PapaFejiro: 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2022
You are good in this for sure.
Domipraiz:
Good evening to you all. I don't know if this is the right place to drop this.

Am a married man. I lived in the same compound with my best friend sister. We Just moved into the neighborhood not too long (11 months ago). My friend's sister is also married with kids.

Let me go straight to the point, ever since we moved into the compound this woman has been disturbing my wife with gossip. She's a full house wife while my wife is running a M.sc programme but due to ASUU strike, she has being at home. This woman will come to my wife and talk bad things about everyone living in the neighborhood including those living in our compound. Most funny thing about her is that once she leave our apartment, she's moving into the next apartment.

My wife and I have studied her very well that most time we try to avoid, ignore or resist her from coming to our house but to no avail.
Not that I can't warn her to stop coming but am trying to avoid issues that will arise between me and my friend and also her husband.

She was keeping malice with another woman (Mrs Adelaku) in our compound because the woman ignored her totally as a result of her gossip.

Last two weeks Mrs Adelaku came to our apartment to invite my wife to her brother's wedding and as a result of that she thinks my wife is getting closer to that woman.

Yesterday she came to our house and confronted my wife of gossiping with the other woman (Mrs Adelaku) about her. That when neighbors are trying to settle issues between her and Mrs Adelaku that she quoted my wife. She accused my wife of telling Mrs Adelaku everything she has being telling her. And also tell my wife not to confront Mrs Adelaku.

But my wife went to Mrs Adelaku that same day to confront her but she swear with the bible and everything she has that she never tell her anything related to that. That perphers she and my wife are not a gist partner if not for the wedding invitation that she brought.

With anger, my wife went back to this woman (my friend sister) and tell her what the woman said. She later apologies to my wife that it was a trick. That she just wants to know their discussing that when she came with the wedding I.V she discovered that the woman (Mrs Adelaku) stayed a little bit longer in our apartment.

Ever since my wife has developed so much hatred for her/ her husband and even my friend that she doesn't want to see anyone of them again in our apartment.

Am so sorry for the long story, am not to good in this. Kindly bear with me.

What can I do in this situation? Matured mind please, thanks.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by maxzzo1(m): 11:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by fortunechy(m): 11:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
The gossip wey this gender can't gossip don't exist..... Tufiakwa!!!
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by purples25(f): 12:19am On Sep 11, 2022
Recent events have made me to understand one thing.

Don't entertain gossip. You should also refrain from gossiping. Also shun people who gossip. If they start to gossip, try your best not to contribute to the topics. What you say is what they report to that subject of their topic.

No matter how they push you, don't allow people you know casually to make you to start talking about yourself. They say you're reserved, yes, that's the best, because all these personal talks about people and yourself leads to unnecessary gossip and fights.

You can't trust your blood fully, not to talk of people that don't owe you any loyalty outside. If they betray you, as is their nature, what can you say to them? You just have to swallow it because like I said, they don't owe you anything.

In my opinion, people should just know you as a hello and bye bye person. So as to reduce damaging talks to you or about you. If there is need for good deeds you should participate, and anyone complaining about lack of friendship should gettat. There is no need forming unnecessary friendship with people who at the bottom of their hearts have no deep loyalty towards you. At the end of the day, such unnecessary closeness and sharing info is just killing yourself.

People outside should learn to be content with friendship based strictly on work and other helpful causes that do not involve anything personal. Especially when they know that they don't have a deep good intention, loyalty or connection with the person whose business they want to be all dipped into.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by favour32(m): 1:35am On Sep 11, 2022
Most full house wives na gossip centers.
As most dey jobless their brains nor dey work well.
Restrict any gossip woman from being your wife's friend.
If your wife is always cold to her when she comes gossiping, she will take the message.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by rumenase(m): 1:59am On Sep 11, 2022
Domipraiz:

Am a married man. I lived in the same compound with my best friend sister. We Just moved into the neighborhood not too long (11 months ago). My friend's sister is also married with kids.

Let me go straight to the point, ever since we moved into the compound this woman has been disturbing my wife with gossip. She's a full house wife while my wife is running a M.sc programme but due to ASUU strike, she has being at home. This woman will come to my wife and talk bad things about everyone living in the neighborhood including those living in our compound. Most funny thing about her is that once she leave our apartment, she's moving into the next apartment.

My wife and I have studied her very well that most time we try to avoid, ignore or resist her from coming to our house but to no avail.
Not that I can't warn her to stop coming but am trying to avoid issues that will arise between me and my friend and also her husband.

She was keeping malice with another woman (Mrs Adelaku) in our compound because the woman ignored her totally as a result of her gossip.

Last two weeks Mrs Adelaku came to our apartment to invite my wife to her brother's wedding and as a result of that she thinks my wife is getting closer to that woman.

Yesterday she came to our house and confronted my wife of gossiping with the other woman (Mrs Adelaku) about her. That when neighbors are trying to settle issues between her and Mrs Adelaku that she quoted my wife. She accused my wife of telling Mrs Adelaku everything she has being telling her. And also tell my wife not to confront Mrs Adelaku.

But my wife went to Mrs Adelaku that same day to confront her but she swear with the bible and everything she has that she never tell her anything related to that. That perphers she and my wife are not a gist partner if not for the wedding invitation that she brought.

With anger, my wife went back to this woman (my friend sister) and tell her what the woman said. She later apologies to my wife that it was a trick. That she just wants to know their discussing that when she came with the wedding I.V she discovered that the woman (Mrs Adelaku) stayed a little bit longer in our apartment.

Ever since my wife has developed so much hatred for her/ her husband and even my friend that she doesn't want to see anyone of them again in our apartment.

OP something is wrong with you o so your wife will tell you who to come to your house or not.. hian
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by sulakishop(m): 3:01am On Sep 11, 2022
Agree with her so that ur next baby won't resemble him
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by ChybuzzDD(m): 4:33am On Sep 11, 2022
nonen:
Tell your friend that his sister is mischievous and trying to damage your marriage to your wife and relationship with other neighbours. Tell him that your wife has decided that no friends come to the house going forward until these issues are resolved.

You can always meet your best friend outside your home.

Your wife is a responsible woman and has made the right decision. If she continues association with that woman, you’d be here next year saying women are scum or that you’re divorced.

You can choose your wife and respect her decision and have peace or choose your best friend and his irresponsible sister and make your peaceful home a circle of crisis!

@OP, Remember not to take this advice.
As many others have already said, allow the women settle their problems.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by frozen70(f): 4:48am On Sep 11, 2022
Domipraiz:

Men don't quarrel, women quarrel more

Am glad she has quarrel with thar amebo

Let both of them stay the way they are now, it will put an end to all future and past gossips

Then as for you and your friend, you guys should continue relating as if nothing happens

Don't visit him, he too won't visit you for now till things gets better

Your wife may change her mind over him but not with his wife
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by SURElee(f): 8:13am On Sep 11, 2022
You see the disadvantage of being too friendly with neighbors without setting boundaries?

When she started peddling gossip, did you as a man of your home tell that woman that your home is no gossip home? No, you allowed it fester to what it is today and it has blown up in your face as a man.

Now do what God told Abraham to do, that is go with what his wife has said.
Your wife doesn't want that woman and her affiliations, so be it for peace to reign. You married your wife, not your friend, his sister, her husband and other gossip mongers.

A home is made up of a husband, wife and kids not neighbors n gossip carriers. Set the records straight!

If you don't, they will role your wife into one major gossip that you see won't be able to handle. The one on ground is just preamble.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 11, 2022
Lonestar124:
You are a man, protect the interest of your innocent best friend, he has nothing to do in this gimmicks, as for her sister, my brother just mind your business and leave her to your wife....

Don't be too emotional, that is one of women maladies....

I can't believe this will be perturbation to you as a man.....

He should choose his best friend over his wife? Are you people sick or something? Who brought you up, what kind of home were you brought up in really? Very damaged men on NL. SMH.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by instinct57vm(m): 9:17am On Sep 11, 2022
Your wife is doing what you ought to have done as a MAN. You’re not MAN enough sorry, I don’t sugarcoat.
1. You should have stopped the lady from coming to your apartment by informing your friend(her husband about it) stating that both women are guilty and you don’t want their closeness to cause deeper problems which might affect your friendship with him as well.

2. If you had done number 1, you would still have maintained your friendship with the dude.

3. If he fails to address number 1 and maturedly as well, or takes it personal then you have to let go of the friendship.

4. The dude did not offend you, nor your wife. You have to make her understand this. That said, his wife has to stop coming to your apartment. Use normal 1, to solve this puzzle
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by Lonestar124: 12:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
hifocus:

He should choose his best friend over his wife? Are you people sick or something? Who brought you up, what kind of home were you brought up in really? Very damaged men on NL. SMH.
Don't insult me pls
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by TheSpellChecker: 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2022
grandstar:

Not everybody had the joy of a fantastic education. (1 Cor 4:7). There's a family friend who who never given home work throughout his primary and secondary education. He later went to a university. He is in the UK now.

I once worked as the Admin manager of a private security company. I was in charge of documentation of new security operatives. I was a little disappointed when many did not know they finished their secondary school.

It later dawned on me that many never finished. They dropped out of school. I, who went to private schools from nursery to secondary school(except for a one year stint in a command school) took a while to comprehend. We are not all the same.

We should show empathy by ignoring such mistake and focus on the purpose of this thread. He would appreciate that.

You might be right in your postulation that not everyone had the opportunity to experience sound education.

But then, you have to understand that it is often times very difficult for me to just see such glaring errors and skip them, most especially when those grammatical errors are such that even primary school pupils won't even make such.

How many times do we need to tell people that "Am " does not start a sentence in English except in the cases where those sentences are questions?

But yet we continue to see it everyday because these people cannot or does not want to learn.

Believe me, if you tell a primary school pupil that "Am" is wrong, that the correct thing is either "I am " or " I'm ", the child will learn it immediately.

But what do we have here?

Adults who may even be boasting that they are graduates will be writing nonsense and disgracing their parents who paid their school feels as well as ALL their English teachers in the process. lipsrsealed

For me, I strongly believe that correcting such errors will help anybody who wants to learn and improve in their grammar.

Albeit, there are still people who easily feel offended and violated for pointing out such errors of theirs to them.

So, to me, it all depends on which side of the divide you have chosen to stand with.

Do you want to be corrected so that you can learn and improve your English grammar? Do you feel like you are being violated when your stupid errors are pointed out to you?

Be my guest.

I am only doing my job.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by Domipraiz: 12:19am On Sep 12, 2022
TheSpellChecker:

You might be right in your postulation that not everyone had the opportunity to experience sound education.

But then, you have to understand that it is often times very difficult for me to just see such glaring errors and skip them, most especially when those grammatical errors are such that even primary school pupils won't even make such.

How many times do we need to tell people that "Am " does not start a sentence in English except in the cases where those sentences are questions?

But yet we continue to see it everyday because these people cannot or does not want to learn.

Believe me, if you tell a primary school pupil that "Am" is wrong, that the correct thing is either "I am " or " I'm ", the child will learn it immediately.

But what do we have here?

Adults who may even be boasting that they are graduates will be writing nonsense and disgracing their parents who paid their school feels as well as ALL their English teachers in the process. lipsrsealed

For me, I strongly believe that correcting such errors will help anybody who wants to learn and improve in their grammar.

Albeit, there are still people who easily feel offended and violated for pointing out such errors of theirs to them.

So, to me, it all depends on which side of the divide you have chosen to stand with.

Do you want to be corrected so that you can learn and improve your English grammar? Do you feel like you are being violated when your stupid errors are pointed out to you?

Be my guest.

I am only doing my job.

You must be very stupiiid. Who English help? Even to those that studied it in school what has been their outcome?
Your manner of approach is wrong and you are so full of urself.
With my poor English am very sure my life achievement will be far better than yours.
Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by TheSpellChecker: 8:08am On Sep 12, 2022
Domipraiz:
You must be very stupiiid. Who English help? Even to those that studied it in school what has been their outcome?
Your manner of approach is wrong and you are so full of urself.
With my poor English am very sure my life achievement will be far better than yours.
Nonsense.

A fool at 40 is a fool forever.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by Domipraiz: 8:12am On Sep 12, 2022
TheSpellChecker:

Exactly you cos am below 40.
If you are not foolishhh u wouldn't have typed that rubbish.
Mr man get sense even if na tukubu
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by Domipraiz: 8:13am On Sep 12, 2022
TheSpellChecker:

Mr man get sense even if na tukubo

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by NoToPile: 10:13am On Sep 12, 2022
purples25:
Recent events have made me to understand one thing.

Don't entertain gossip. You should also refrain from gossiping. Also shun people who gossip. If they start to gossip, try your best not to contribute to the topics. What you say is what they report to that subject of their topic.

No matter how they push you, don't allow people you know casually to make you to start talking about yourself. They say you're reserved, yes, that's the best, because all these personal talks about people and yourself leads to unnecessary gossip and fights.

You can't trust your blood fully, not to talk of people that don't owe you any loyalty outside. If they betray you, as is their nature, what can you say to them? You just have to swallow it because like I said, they don't owe you anything.

In my opinion, people should just know you as a hello and bye bye person. So as to reduce damaging talks to you or about you. If there is need for good deeds you should participate, and anyone complaining about lack of friendship should gettat. There is no need forming unnecessary friendship with people who at the bottom of their hearts have no deep loyalty towards you. At the end of the day, such unnecessary closeness and sharing info is just killing yourself.

People outside should learn to be content with friendship based strictly on work and other helpful causes that do not involve anything personal. Especially when they know that they don't have a deep good intention, loyalty or connection with the person whose business they want to be all dipped into.

Solid points.

Whatever you say can and will be used against you.

I am of the opinion that colleagues at work should be work relationship only and information they need to know only.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by purples25(f): 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2022
NoToPile:

Solid points.

Whatever you say can and will be used against you.

I am of the opinion that colleagues at work should be work relationship only and information they need to know only.

Honestly, just work with them and laugh small .
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by TheSpellChecker: 2:20am On Sep 24, 2022
Domipraiz:

Exactly you cos am below 40.
Mr man get sense even if na tukubu
Domipraiz:

Mr man get sense even if na tukubo

You don't have to get overly emotional and defensive over these things.

It was just a correction.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by Domipraiz: 2:13pm On Sep 24, 2022
TheSpellChecker:

You don't have to get overly emotional and defensive over these things.

It was just a correction.
Big foolllllll you are I repeat

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by efficiencie(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2022
Domipraiz:

Dude listen to your wife. She get sense pass you. If a man can harbour a parrot as a wife even he cannot be trusted. Listen to your wife and forget that best friend nonsense you are parroting. With the right level of motivation your so called best friend will betray you to your face so manage your home and grow up.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by Davidave(m): 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2022
U nd ur friend should not involve urself in women matter...ur friend did not offend ur wife and she can't take out her anger on him..u should draw the line ooo..
Make u no dey beef ur guy because of women matter
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by TheSpellChecker: 11:24pm On Oct 02, 2022
Domipraiz:
Big foolllllll you are I repeat

Your wife controls your entire existence.

And you still want to call yourself a man?

What a sod.
Re: Help! My Wife Doesn't Want To See My Best Friend In Our Apartment Again by Ebowo(f): 8:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
Truvelisback:
It's simple. U and ur wife can avoid her without attracting any quarrel. How? Whenever she comes, ur wife should pretend like she wants to go to somewhere, or pretend to be tired or feeling sick and wants to sleep or pretend to be sleeping, etc. In that way, she will take her Busybody elsewhere.
Lol... I do that alot. N I enjoy it...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband’s Penis Not Working Well, He Ejaculates Within Seconds – Wife / Ovi James: 'Open Letter To My Fake Mother' Pastor's Daughter Blasts Her Mother / Man Collapses, Dies After Finding Rival In Lover’s Apartment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.