Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,180 members, 7,818,566 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) (23602 Views)

Nigeria’s Refusal To Devalue Naira Likely To Fail, Again - Bloomberg / Rush For T-bills To Weaken Rates At Wednesday's PMA / Zainab Ahmed Says The Nigerian Stock Market Lacks Dept (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Kyase(m): 11:38am On Sep 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

We all gat to mourn Queen wey we no know na! grin

Hopefully, it gives you all enough time to bounce back from your shocking European first games: you, Kyase, Ray07, Fergie001, Xynerise, Gbest90, Wordson, Fuckingmallam45,
Sure we’ll top the table, both in the epl and the most watched and awe competition Europa, no Tournament like Europa
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Angelfrost(m): 11:41am On Sep 10, 2022
Kyase:

Sure we’ll top the table, both in the epl and the most watched and awe competition Europa, no Tournament like Europa

Sigh... Please, let's be serious!

Man City has already carried the EPL! No arguments here... Even Haaland has already collected Golden Boot!

Na 2nd position the rest of una dey fight for now, of which Spurs and Arsenal are favorites to collect.

United will finish 4th or 5th!

1 Like

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Unigrad: 11:41am On Sep 10, 2022
dre11:
…Nigeria won’t resort to IMF over fiscal challenges

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/finance-minister-naira-likely-to-weaken-further/
Two exchange rates
One for the rich and politicians while the second one is for the poor masses.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Gabaleve(m): 11:46am On Sep 10, 2022
Viraltrends123:

Why not go take the job if you have a better solution. Do you even know why a currency value appreciates or depreciates. They are always on their bed 24/7 complaining and crying.

E no go better for ur papa... Why shouldn't he complain?
Even the Israelites complained...
Once again, Ẹ no go better for ur papa
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by updatechange(m): 11:47am On Sep 10, 2022
Offpointng:

Juju not Yahoo...cuz normal eye no dey pay again

Bro this one na confirm off point oo juju keh?

1 Like

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by updatechange(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2022
King3urna:

Buzz me

I dey wit u brr, what's d deal man?
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by dallyemmy: 11:48am On Sep 10, 2022
Do something about it!
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by updatechange(m): 11:48am On Sep 10, 2022
Andytyx:
Meet damn nigar na

I don cc am but blike d guy still dey smoke him dry leaf e never dey online

1 Like

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Mycometp3(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2022
Awon oloriburuku... Especially this woman...make una finish this country ooo...una no kuku like una citizen before awon werey..
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Kyase(m): 11:52am On Sep 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

Sigh... Please, let's be serious!

Man City has already carried the EPL! No arguments here... Even Haaland has already collected Golden Boot!

Na 2nd position the rest of una dey fight for now, of which Spurs and Arsenal are favorites to collect.

United will finish 4th or 5th!
Which arsenal and spurs?
It’s easier for Chelsea to come second than those two
The only advantage for halland this season is the World Cup
The guy won’t have survive full season without injuries

United will challenge for the title
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Bluntemperor: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2022
Viraltrends123:

Why not go take the job if you have a better solution. Do you even know why a currency value appreciates or depreciates. They are always on their bed 24/7 complaining and crying.

Bro, this is no blame game now because everyone in Nigeria is feeling the economic heat at the moment!
The man above was annoyed because the Minister failed to:
- tell Nigerians why the Naira Currency is on continuously downward trend against All major Currencies of the World !
- The Minister failed to suggest Solutions on how the Naira can be rescued so that Nigerians can have values for their money and purchases,afterall we all go to the same market but Politicians are smarter, for having excess money to spend!
-The Minister did not even give time-frame on how her Ministry can help to stabilize the Naira!
-One good moves the government can help the stability of the Naira is to encourage more Exports to other Nations than our importation of virtually everything into Nigeria and by so doing,we have more Foreign Currencies, thereby allowing the Naira to be strong against other Currencies!
We must change our present Economic -arrangements- from Importation or
Import - Substitutions Arrangements(all na Importation), let no one deceived you!
Embark on aggressive Exports of our Goods and Services.
It's not enough to Export Crude Oil to other Countries but what do we do with the Proceeds?
Can we account for these Foreign Money we received since 1960s? Remember all other OPEC Countries have left the baskets, including the Saudi Arabia, for more technical Industries but only Nigeria that is still Exporting her Crude Oil !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Fuckingmallam45(m): 12:08pm On Sep 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

Hopefully, it gives you all enough time to bounce back from your shocking European first games: you, Kyase, Ray07, Fergie001, Xynerise, Gbest90, Wordson, Fuckingmallam45,
Further postponements or rescheduling could follow next weekend as well, with the funeral for Queen Elizabeth II likely set for Sunday. We are in for a long thing grin. As for Man Utd, it was so unfortunate that we let our guard down, but we're definitely going to bounce back grin
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Viraltrends123: 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2022
Gabaleve:

E no go better for ur papa... Why shouldn't he complain?
Even the Israelites complained...
Once again, Ẹ no go better for ur papa
E no go better for you mama, once again e no go better for your mama, repeat after me e - e no - no go - go better - better for - for gabaleve - gabaleve mama - mama
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by jimyjames(m): 12:13pm On Sep 10, 2022
Iliveforever:
this news is not important to us, what’s important is how to mourn our dear beloved queen and let the world know how proud professor Uju Anya is to be a lesbian.

Shameless efulefus.... I changed $1/700 as of Thursday, by December it’ll be $1/1000.

We must get sense by force
Please, where did you change 1$ to 700 ?
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Sep 10, 2022
And yet we keep on celebrating incompetence, a decent minister should have resigned like kemi but alas no.
Wearing specs don't make one a geek.
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by King3urna(m): 12:21pm On Sep 10, 2022
updatechange:

I dey wit u brr, what's d deal man?

Just get a good phone your good to go we go link up for WhatsApp you might be the next guy ohh mafoo it’s free just get data
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Kyase(m): 12:24pm On Sep 10, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:

Further postponements or rescheduling could follow next weekend as well, with the funeral for Queen Elizabeth II likely set for Sunday. We are in for a long thing grin. As for Man Utd, it was so unfortunate that we let our guard down, but we're definitely going to bounce back grin
I don’t think there will be league games anymore this month till after the international break
United did not let their guards down
The players only showed why they will continue seating on the bench till the season ends

1 Like

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Treadway: 12:28pm On Sep 10, 2022
There is one prime reason the dollar will keep gaining, and this one is being fuelled by us, but I can't really blame us also, because it is a catch 22 situation. It isn't just the fact that we are highly import-dependent (we know this one), but rather due to the japa movement. The entire process is dollar-based,and we have hundreds of thousands all jostling for these dollars almost at the same time. What does that mean? Humongous demand! But unfortunately can I blame those running away? No, I can't.
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Horus(m): 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez_PrG09HDs

Why Naira Ranks 11th Worst Currency Against US Dollar
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by dfrost: 12:38pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kyase:

I don’t think there will be league games anymore this month till after the international break
The players only showed why they will continue seating on the bench till the season ends

...and probably loaned off during the break or sold off (in addition).
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Kyase(m): 12:41pm On Sep 10, 2022
dfrost:

...and probably loaned off during the break or sold off (in addition).
Well our next match will most probably be against City
And we’ll be ready for them
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by dfrost: 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

Omo na true ooh... na all of us dey that list. The heck shocked
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by macrodata(m): 12:42pm On Sep 10, 2022
Acidosis:

Of course, the naira will weaken further. The most dollarized election in the world is coming up soon in the world's poverty capital. Quite paradoxical that the most affected and oppressed by the poverty plaque are more likely to plunge the country further into poverty and indebtedness by their crass electoral choices and mal-decisions.

I wish I can expatriate this comment for the Agbadorians to fully grasp what you've said & the implications of their choice. Nice one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by dfrost: 12:45pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kyase:

My brother
I’m angry with the queen right now sad
She for wait during champions league finals
See now, I just remember today say I still dey Nigeria

cheesy grin

Check German new Visa rules and UK Skillup Visa.

I go drop post on MSc. And PhD sponsorship too. Remind me if I forget abeg.

1 Like

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by nedu666: 12:46pm On Sep 10, 2022
rusher14:
Country that produces nothing, imports everything wants to have a strong currency.

Many foolish people.

Modified:

Those of you liking my post should know I'm including you if you aren't doing business that imports foreign exchange into the economy.

I'm unapologetic about this.

Oga u dat is talking. Tell us the economic activity u are engaged in dat brings foreign exchange into d country
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by dfrost: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kyase:

Well our next match will most probably be against City
And we’ll be ready for them

We just need to win against the other big teams. Simple. Nothing short of that.
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Kyase(m): 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
dfrost:

We just need to win against the other big teams. Simple. Nothing short of that.
and if we win city, which I’m 80% sure, we will win, everybody will start taking us serious
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Kyase(m): 12:51pm On Sep 10, 2022
dfrost:

cheesy grin

Check German new Visa rules and UK Skillup Visa.

I go drop post on MSc. And PhD sponsorship too. Remind me if I forget abeg.
Abeg drop am
I dey wait

1 Like

Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Fuckingmallam45(m): 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
Kyase:

You mean, the players like: Maguire, Ronaldo, Fred, Lindelof, Elanga, ...
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by pocom35: 12:55pm On Sep 10, 2022
well... atleast she is not lying
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Kyase(m): 12:58pm On Sep 10, 2022
Fuckingmallam45:

You mean, the players like: Maguire, Ronaldo, Fred, Lindelof, Elanga, ...
Fred can stay the rest should go
Elanga should be loaned out
Maguire should be sent to Greece to settle his case there
Re: Naira Likely To Weaken Further - Zainab Ahmed (Finance Minister) by Kyase(m): 12:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

Dfrost
Tell oga Fergie001 make e open thread for us abeg
We don dey derail this thread oooo grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

CBN Slams Fines On 4 Nigerian Banks Over Fund Repatriation For MTN / Jumia Suffered N53 Billion Loss In 2017 / Diversion Of Diaspora Remittances To Black Market Weakens Naira - CBN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.