Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,819 members, 7,841,169 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply (2673 Views)

6 Nigerians Arrested For Illegally Entering India Through Night Bus / EFCC To Go After Those Using POS Machines Illegally / Nigerians Arrested While Trying To Illegally Emigrate To India Through Sea. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply by Emmayorejoice: 3:59pm On Sep 10, 2022
backnbeta:
For your sanity; disconnect them, you can't control their water usage and you'll end up hurting yourself. Because water is important, you can run a short tap and let them fetch outside your compound if you can afford it. That way, you can control the quantity of water drawn from your tank
You have spoken well. They have been disconnected already.
As for tap they don't deserve it.
Also the entrance of the said compound is not on my street so they would sort themselves out from their close
Re: Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply by hothead(m): 4:10pm On Sep 10, 2022
Wow! I think this is happening to me... my water bill went up from around N4000/mth to 20 something k/mth..... It baffled me because its just 2toilets, 2 baths and kitchen point that dispense water in the apartment... even if I have leaks at all points, 20k water bill per month is crazyyy ..
Re: Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply by Emmayorejoice: 4:28pm On Sep 10, 2022
hothead:
Wow! I think this is happening to me... my water bill went up from around N4000/mth to 20 something k/mth..... It baffled me because its just 2toilets, 2 baths and kitchen point that dispense water in the apartment... even if I have leaks at all points, 20k water bill per month is crazyyy ..
Bros you really need to do investigations.

Reminds me of when my nepa bill went up. I did serious investigation and all was resolved in my favour.
You can check my previous threads for that story

1 Like

Re: Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply by 151ahunna: 6:17pm On Sep 10, 2022
Makes senseMakes sense...

1 Like

Re: Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply by adecz: 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2022
Wetin dey there❓

The Scriptures say that we should
be our neighbors keepers.. ☺️☺️☺️☺️

Share what you have with neighbors,
after all you are not paying for the
water.

Many borehole owners have tap
outside for the community, because
the more the water is used, the more
fresh water comes to the borehole.
Re: Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply by SergeantTitus(m): 8:48pm On Sep 10, 2022
Emmayorejoice:
I have heard of neighbours tapping or stealing from a neighbours big generator before.

I have also heard of neighbours stealing from another neighbours Fuel supply

But this is a first for me and I am a witness.

Recently we did not have power supply for a little over 4 days due to a faulty transformer.

On a particular day we pumped water into two water tanks and it finished under 4 hours. These are tanks that ideally should last well over a week.
So it was obvious there was a leakage.
Today a plumber came to investigate and discovered the compound at the back had linked a pipe to our own and has been TAPPING water for God knows how long.
Well he has been disconnected and he will surely have to sort himself out. As he no go fit talk am out
Stingy man, ordinary water supply wey dem tap you dey do shakara.
Re: Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply by Emmayorejoice: 9:26pm On Sep 10, 2022
adecz:

Wetin dey there❓

The Scriptures say that we should
be our neighbors keepers.. ☺️☺️☺️☺️

Share what you have with neighbors,
after all you are not paying for the
water.

Many borehole owners have tap
outside for the community, because
the more the water is used, the more
fresh water comes to the borehole.

Entitlement mentality.

The borehole has a meter attached to it which I load as required.

When there was no light I paid for fuel to pump.

There are times maintenance is carried out on the plumbing system and tanks.
Nothing is free.

Even those who have taps outside their gate regulate it and don't leave it on anyhow

1 Like

Re: Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply by Emmayorejoice: 9:27pm On Sep 10, 2022
SergeantTitus:

Stingy man, ordinary water supply wey dem tap you dey do shakara.

Na so we take dey do cheerful giver until politicians loot all our resources finish.
No be so oh
Re: Na Wa Unbelievable!!! Neighbour Illegally Taps Water Supply by JhyMedex: 9:42am On Apr 06
Emmayorejoice:

I know the kind of landlord I have he is very formal and straightforward.
If there was an arrangement he would have informed me.

Anyway either way if there is an arrangement he would get back to me which I know is not possible
Boss.. please apart from disconnecting, how did you stop them from reconnecting another time.
I am quite interested in this l, cause I'm dealing with a similar case right now. This person has been warned 3x. Bit his syrig head is too much.
How did you stop them from connecting totally..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldier Shot Dead By Her Fellow Soldier For Disobeying His Orders / Man Buried With N600,000 To ‘bribe’ God On Judgment Day (photo) / Young Man Goes Crazy After Smoking 'jumbo' Sized Weed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.