Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts (29008 Views)

Lagos Police PRO Reacts As Man Expresses His Hate For Nigerian Police Force / Lagos Police PRO Reacts To Viral Video Of Policewoman Crying For Help / Young Girl Assaults Police Officers Trying To Penalise Her Mom For Breaking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by sammychimex(m): 8:31am On Sep 11, 2022
Let the police also remember they threatened to shoot her in court. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by CheapHomes1: 8:32am On Sep 11, 2022
bhella10:
She looks like one those #endsars hoodlums the police are looking for. Arrest her!

"The woman shouted in the face of the policeman and held his uniform, angry that he had threatened to shoot her."

Take note of the last sentence
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2022
Babatunjo:
We must distinguish between a misdemeanor and a criminal act. The police PRO, in my own opinion is a hypocrite.

An unarmed citizen was physically and verbally threatened with being killed by the gun of a Nigerian police and she reacted emotionally.

The woman's lawyer should advise her to claim "temporary insanity" that was caused by the psychological threat of the unprofessional policeman and also counter sue to police for inflicting violent verbal threat and severe emotional trauma on this female Nigerian citizen.

They should also make sure the trial is well publicised in both social and traditional media.

The Police PRO is a hypocrite

yes he is a hypocrite but know this, this isn't America. They won't publicise such trials but the woman won't also win this case. Its a lose lose for her because with the picture self the officer looks calm and let's be sincere she looks like the threat in the picture so its her word against theirs except if she has it on video where the officer said he would shoot her. Look at the case of the man that got arraigned t the court in isolo LG,they didn't show where he was assaulted by the police but they showed where he assaulted the police so we gats dey use our head nowadays they dey look for people wey they go dey use shine on regular basis but that won't be us. I believe she ought to have remained calm because the officer only said he will shoot her and she in turn attacked him.
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by erico2k2(m): 8:34am On Sep 11, 2022
Babatunjo:
We must distinguish between a misdemeanor and a criminal act. The police PRO, in my own opinion is a hypocrite.

An unarmed citizen was physically and verbally threatened with being killed by the gun of a Nigerian police and she reacted emotionally.

The woman's lawyer should advise her to claim "temporary insanity" that was caused by the psychological threat of the unprofessional policeman and also counter sue to police for inflicting violent verbal threat and severe emotional trauma on this female Nigerian citizen.

They should also make sure the trial is well publicised in both social and traditional media.

Thank you, people think court believes in hearsay. The video actually showed where she accused the police officer of threatening to gun her, besides what she done is classed as fray.If they where so sure bout thtemselves why not arrest here there and then

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by olalekan1(m): 8:35am On Sep 11, 2022
Police actually have the right to give a warning threat of shooting a suspect, in that case, the suspect is either a threat to the police officer or the environment.

Nevertheless the woman is one of the frustrated citizen of police inefficiencies.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by bhella10: 8:35am On Sep 11, 2022
CheapHomes1:

"The woman shouted in the face of the policeman and held his uniform, angry that he had threatened to shoot her."

Take note of the last sentence
It's her words against the officers. She doesn't stand a chance. She's looking at 6 months minimum.

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by ShaqFu: 8:36am On Sep 11, 2022
Of what need have the police to threaten to shoot her? This is something that isn't recorded in the video that's why the PRO of Lagos Police Command is saying what he is saying.

Nigerians should know how to act in presence of security operatives. They Provoke you willingly just so you will act and then they claim to be the victim.

I wish her a good day in court.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by erico2k2(m): 8:36am On Sep 11, 2022
oladipuposadeeq:
yes he is a hypocrite but know this, this isn't America. They won't publicise such trials but the woman won't also win this case. Its a lose lose for her because with the picture self the officer looks calm and let's be sincere she looks like the threat in the picture so its her word against theirs except if she has it on video where the officer said he would shoot her. Look at the case of the man that got arraigned t the court in isolo LG,they didn't show where he was assaulted by the police but they showed where he assaulted the police so we gats dey use our head nowadays they dey look for people wey they go dey use shine on regular basis but that won't be us. I believe she ought to have remained calm because the officer only said he will shoot her and she in turn attacked him.
That video evidence can be argued in court is invalid and not capturing the whole sceneries from someone's private phone not an approved device unless the officer in question is filing a civil suite! This is the simple reason officers in the west wear body warn cameras.

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by saintrow1: 8:36am On Sep 11, 2022
erico2k2:

The police as a body cannot use evidence recorded with a private device in court, if it was a civil suit they can.They can only use an approved devicce if they are taking her to court as Police ng.

Under what law?
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by gassbee: 8:37am On Sep 11, 2022
Anatakuebira:
Happy Sunday fam. Please, where is ice prince?
he paid 500k bail after spending days in kirikiri
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by rajiedreez: 8:40am On Sep 11, 2022
The police man was clever enough to put the blame back on the lady. He might have said that hell gun her but he didn't assault her in the process. Instead of her to calm and address the issue appropriately in the video she ended up putting her hands on him
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by erico2k2(m): 8:40am On Sep 11, 2022
saintrow1:

Under what law?
Criminal Law,In reality the rules about camera recordings are very limited and not wide enough.ie imagine if you do not put a CCTV sign warning on ur premises you as a person cannot use its evidence in court.Dnt take my ward for it ask a Barrister not a lawyer a Barrister cos lawyers do not speak in court.
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:42am On Sep 11, 2022
erico2k2:

That video evidence can be argued in court is invalid and not capturing the whole sceneries from someone's private phone not an approved device unless the officer in question is filing a civil suite! This is the simple reason officers in the west wear body warn cameras.
yes I understand you boss but you know this is naija, the judge that will be incharge of the case is also collecting from the govt so it might not favour her compared to the police officer as for me its a 30-70 swinging to the officer's side but let's just keep our fingers crossed cool
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by Dennisbulkan: 8:43am On Sep 11, 2022
Babatunjo:

The judge & jury will not just believe her because she said it (accusation). She's gonna need a load of evidence to prove her claims. The police officer on the other hand has got a strong evidence to prove she's a wild uncivilized and aggressive woman who assault an armed police officer.
My money on the police to win the case.
She f#ked up

4 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by GentleRay: 8:44am On Sep 11, 2022
The claimant should provide her own evidence before the court, not shooting. She don enter am
ecolime:
Our Police have started videoing all incidence of assault on their personnel. Payback time grin

But who else noticed they only record the reaction of the civilians? Their recordings are always done half way.

They never record the Provocations or what the officers did that led to such arguments or assaults.

Only God knows the kain slap wey dem don wire the woman inside her car before coming out to pose for the camera.

My advise: Lets be calm in our conversations with them always. Don't let a crooked officer use you earn undue work promotion and awards. Be wise.
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by erico2k2(m): 8:47am On Sep 11, 2022
oladipuposadeeq:
yes I understand you boss but you know this is naija, the judge that will be incharge of the case is also collecting from the govt so it might not favour her compared to the police officer as for me its a 30-70 swinging to the officer's side but let's just keep our fingers crossed cool
Check it, dont you know for a person to grab an officer with Gun like that has back-up? this is me reasoning in the 9ja context grin grin grin
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by tpapi: 8:47am On Sep 11, 2022
OgatheTop:
Lagos ppro is the most excited, silliest officer I can think about.

Holding strange views indicative of a typical Nigerian policeman.

Chukking mouth inside every matter.

The idiot is just plain stupid.
if u knew d job of a police pro, am sure u would not b saying this

2 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by iscom(m): 8:48am On Sep 11, 2022
Oh!
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by erico2k2(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2022
Dennisbulkan:

The judge & jury will not just believe her because she said it (accusation). She's gonna need a load of evidence to prove her claims. The police officer on the other hand has got a strong evidence to prove she's a wild uncivilized and aggressive woman who assault an armed police officer.
My money on the police to win the case.
She f#ked up
IYou lot are so funny, you guys forget she will provide witnesses like 20 in court ones not even there, abi witness nor follow? U obviously 4got that bit! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:49am On Sep 11, 2022
erico2k2:

Check it, dont you know for a person to grab an officer with Gun like that has back-up? this is me reasoning in the 9ja context grin grin grin
if it was a man, I fit say he get back up but women fit do the unthinkable and not have mosquito as a back up but na after they don react finish they go con dey regret am.
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by Day169: 8:49am On Sep 11, 2022
You call this assault?
.. pls juxtapose it with the 'dehumanisation' Nigerians receive from the police every day and you get a better picture of what assault is. undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by erico2k2(m): 8:50am On Sep 11, 2022
oladipuposadeeq:
if it was a man, I fit say he get back up but women fit do the unthinkable and not have mosquito as a back up but na after they don react finish they go con dey regret am.
What if she get witness to the statement the police officer made?

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by 27Pushing30: 8:51am On Sep 11, 2022
OgatheTop:
Lagos ppro is the most excited, silliest officer I can think about.

Holding strange views indicative of a typical Nigerian policeman.

Chukking mouth inside every matter.

The idiot is just plain stupid.

If dem born you well grab hold of police officer for UK/US like this .

Your life will not remain the same again when you complete your prison term… that’s the UK o in the US if You’re a black man you definitely getting shot (by mistake) as they’d claim they went for their taser gun.

Dey there dey talk crap.

2 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by oladipuposadeeq(m): 8:52am On Sep 11, 2022
erico2k2:

What if she get witness to the statement the police officer made?
witness for naija, boss shey you self fit stand witness though the occupants in the car she was driving could stand as witness. This seems to get more complicated as we go on abeg I never know wetin I go chop this morning sad
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by SpaceAngel: 8:52am On Sep 11, 2022
These days while driving , it's nice to have a camera on, whether it's dash camera, one one eye glasses etc. The video from these will protect you.

Only God knows what the police did to the woman before it got to this point but the video evidence that's available is the one from the police and they'll never record what they did to the woman.
Hope she gets fair hearing with this video evidence.
undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by Komu1048(m): 8:52am On Sep 11, 2022
Lanretoye:
And nothing don't to the police for threatening her life and attempted murder is that not a crime too?

The money spent for your education is waste. Where is the attempted murder there. This one doesn't even pass as threat to life. It's a mere assault
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by Spirit247: 8:55am On Sep 11, 2022
shocked Unravelled Mystery: Worshipping Our CREATOR Is The Greatest Privilege Given Unto Us
https://www.nairaland.com/7326804/mystery-how-worshipping-creator-greatest#116553115

3 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by RPG2020(m): 8:56am On Sep 11, 2022
Na them them

Tinubu girls grin
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by Upliftment101: 8:58am On Sep 11, 2022
Babatunjo:

They police can easily deny that they verbally abused her. Where is her evidence. She’s in hot soup bro
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by Bishop4real: 8:59am On Sep 11, 2022
SavageBoy:
It's no longer the police that are assaulting civilians, it's now civilians assaulting police officers. Police sef don learn the act of video recording.

They reason; if civilians use video evidence against us, why can't we also use it against them?

What actually transpired that made the woman react like that?
Why is nobody asking why the police officer said he will shoot the woman?

When you usually condemn officers for their reactions, especially the negative reactions which I don't support, anyway, do you always ask what actually transpired before they reacted? grin
Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by 27Pushing30: 8:59am On Sep 11, 2022
olalekan1:
Police actually have the right to give a warning threat of shooting a suspect, in that case, the suspect is either a threat to the police officer or the environment.

Nevertheless the woman is one of the frustrated citizen of police inefficiencies.

These mumu’s don’t know it sha… police has the right to tell you straight up - IF YOU MOVE I WILL SHOOT.

In fact THEY MUST warn you before discharging their fire am.

The lady obviously wasn’t walking on the road , they were probably in a vehicle and police stopped them - now I’d advise them to ensure that ALL documentation on the vehicle dey correct else police (if they check and something’s missing) in court will say that she was being aggressive because her car papers weren’t up to date during stop and search.

Na who don interact with police know say anything wey go carry you reach station avoid am.

The north we see as illiterates are teaching us politics so don’t think policemen though mainly SSCE holders cannot “think”

2 Likes

Re: Woman Assaults Police Officer In Lagos, Police PRO Reacts by DJInfluence: 9:00am On Sep 11, 2022
Where's the assault? The screaming?
She was scared for her life hence the screaming grin

But the officer comported himself professionally once the camera started rolling. If only all police officers can behave this way at all time.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Akwa-Ibom Prophet, Anietie Inyang, Arrested For Sodomising 12-Year-Old Boy / ACP Badarawa Assaults, Detains Umar Nurudeen For Parking Near His Car In Suleja / Port Harcourt Pastor Infects Pregnant Woman With HIV During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.