Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? (1397 Views)

Has The Prophecy Of "7 Women Will Hold Unto One Man" In Isaiah 4 Been Fulfilled? / Isaiah 4:1, 7 Women Begging A Man To Marry Them - Sets Facebook On Fire / This Generation Shall Not PASS, Till All These Things Be Fulfilled. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by OkCornel(m): 4:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kingyakos…

Over to you.
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 5:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:
Kingyakos…

Over to you.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I'm sorry i can't
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by OkCornel(m): 5:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I'm sorry i can't

How was Isaiah 60 fulfilled? Or you ain’t discussing?
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 6:17pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

How was Isaiah 60 fulfilled? Or you ain’t discussing?

Let me send you a sermon on Isaiah 60 preach by Elijah so u could understand it more better but you ain't saying anything about that.
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by OkCornel(m): 6:28pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

Let me send you a sermon on Isaiah 60 preach by Elijah so u could understand it more better but you ain't saying anything about that.

How long is the sermon?

What are the key points from the sermon?
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

How long is the sermon?

What are the key points from the sermon?

Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the Lord is risen upon thee.

For, behold,…darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the Lord shall rise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
64-0119 - Shalom

1 Like

Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 6:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
Isaiah said, “Gross darkness is coming upon this people; but for the Church to rise and shine, in the glory of the Light.”
64-0119 - Shalom
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 6:38pm On Sep 11, 2022
15 This gross darkness, I wish to speak on first, that there is so much of that in the world today, and growing darker and darker all the time. Each year, we find that, that the—the world gets darker, spiritually speaking, because they’re groping in darkness. There is more sin.
64-0119 - Shalom

1 Like

Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:
Isaiah said, “Gross darkness is coming upon this people; but for the Church to rise and shine, in the glory of the Light.”
Isaiah spoke of the Church? undecided
1. “Jerusalem, get up and shine![a] Your Light is coming! The Glory of the Lord will shine on you.
2 Darkness now covers the earth, and the people are in darkness. But the Lord will shine on you, and his Glory will appear over you.
3 Then the nations will come to your light. Kings will come to your bright sunrise.
4 Look around you! See all the people gathering around. Those are your sons coming from far away, and your daughters are there beside them.
5 “At that time you will see your people, and your faces will shine with happiness. First, you will be afraid, but then you will be excited. All the riches from across the seas will be set before you. The riches of the nations will come to you. - Isaiah 60 vs 1 - 5
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 6:53pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Isaiah spoke of the Church? undecided

The children of God are the church
We are the temple of God.

Don't quick to respond on anything you come across, reason first before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by Kobojunkie: 6:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:
The children of God are the church We are the temple of God. Don't quick to respond on anything you come across, reason first before you comment.
You are not making sense at all. undecided
1.Jerusalem, get up and shine! Your Light is coming! The Glory of the Lord will shine on you.
2 Darkness now covers the earth, and the people are in darkness. But the Lord will shine on you, and his Glory will appear over you.
3 Then the nations will come to your light. Kings will come to your bright sunrise.
4 Look around you! See all the people gathering around. Those are your sons coming from far away, and your daughters are there beside them.
5 “At that time you will see your people, and your faces will shine with happiness. First, you will be afraid, but then you will be excited. All the riches from across the seas will be set before you. The riches of the nations will come to you. - Isaiah 60 vs 1 - 5
Read again what is written without attempts to insert your own ideas into what is written, and take your own advice. Carefully process what is written. undecided

1 Like

Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by sonmvayina(m): 7:00pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Read again what is written without attempts to insert your own ideas into what is written, and take your own advice. Carefully process what is written. undecided

That is what him and okcornel has been doing..
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 7:10pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Like i said earlier don't be quick to respond rather reason first before you comment.

Isaiah 60 vrs 1:5 has nothing to do with the Jews or Jerusalem, it was for the Gentiles.
Isaiah saw and spoke about it and it came to fulfilled in our dispensation, the loadecia church age.....

Carefully read Isaiah 60 vrs 1:5 below

Isaiah 60:1-5 (KJV) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee.
And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by Kobojunkie: 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:
1. Like i said earlier don't be quick to respond rather reason first before you comment. Isaiah 60 vrs 1:5 has nothing to do with the Jews or Jerusalem, it was for the Gentiles. Isaiah saw and spoke about it and it came to fulfilled in our dispensation, the loadecia church age.....

2. Carefully read Isaiah 60 vrs 1:5 below

1. Recall that in Deuteronomy, God said He would give the people of Israel prophets them with messages that impacted the lives of Israelites.

Isaiah was an Israelite prophet and his primary mission was to Israelites, just as God declared it would be in His Law, and so your claim that Isaiah instead spoke of Gentiles in those verses, does not add up to that which was spoken by God Himself. So, please explain the why of your assumption. undecided

2. I think you should read it yourself to see that what you claim makes no sense.

Isaiah 60:1-5 (KJV) Arise, shine; for thy light is come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon thee.
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.
Lift up thine eyes round about, and see: all they gather themselves together, they come to thee: thy sons shall come from far, and thy daughters shall be nursed at thy side.
Then thou shalt see, and flow together, and thine heart shall fear, and be enlarged; because the abundance of the sea shall be converted unto thee, the forces of the Gentiles shall come unto thee.
Pay attention to the aspects of the passage in bold. That entire passage is obviously not addressed to gentiles(in bold red). undecided
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 7:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Recall that in Deuteronomy, God said He would give the people of Israel prophets them with messages that impacted the lives of Israelites.

Isaiah was an Israelite prophet and his primary mission was to Israelites, just as God declared it would be in His Law, and so your claim that Isaiah instead spoke of Gentiles in those verses, does not add up to that which was spoken by God Himself. So, please explain the why of your assumption. undecided

2. I think you should read it yourself to see that what you claim makes no sense.

Pay attention to the aspects of the passage in bold. That entire passage is obviously not addressed to gentiles(in bold red). undecided

Isaiah being an Israelites doesn't mean God can't use him the way it pleases God.
I've witnessed a 800years old prophecy spoken by one prophet of the old coming to fulfilled in this our days.

Isaiah 60 is a prophecy for the Gentiles spoken by Isaiah and it has come to fulfilled.
I will advise you to drop your intellect and listen if u willing to learn deep things about God. You don't know me and i don't know you but i will say to you to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding of things.

If your education is contrary to the word of God, then lean to the word and let go your education. The word of God is life and to know it is life and life is what you need. I believe you can let things go to save your life.
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by OkCornel(m): 7:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
sonmvayina:

That is what him and okcornel has been doing..

Hey, kingyakos mentioned Isaiah 60 has been fulfilled. I disagree, so how am I doing what he’s doing?

Quit the pettiness.
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by Kobojunkie: 7:57pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:
1. Isaiah being an Israelites doesn't mean God can't use him the way it pleases God.

2. I've witnessed a 800years old prophecy spoken by one prophet of the old coming to fulfilled in this our days.

3. Isaiah 60 is a prophecy for the Gentiles spoken by Isaiah and it has come to fulfilled.
I will advise you to drop your intellect and listen if u willing to learn deep things about God. You don't know me and i don't know you but i will say to you to trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not unto your own understanding of things.

4. If your education is contrary to the word of God, then lean to the word and let go your education. The word of God is life and to know it is life and life is what you need. I believe you can let things go to save your life.
1. So, what you are saying is that God is in fact not expected to be faithful to His own Covenant with His people? He is not a faithful God at all? undecided

2. What prophesy is this? undecided

3. A prophecy for the gentiles that regards Gentiles as third parties in the message that is Isaiah 60? undecided

4. Ugh! Meaningless soundbite! Let's please keep these out of the discourse abeg! undecided
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

Hey, kingyakos mentioned Isaiah 60 has been fulfilled. I disagree, so how am I doing what he’s doing?

In Isaiah 60, Isaiah made mention of the Gentiles and let me ask you are we not in the Gentiles dispensation?....

Didn't Isaiah 60 said the light has come to the Gentiles and the Gentiles has seen the light, have you not seen Christ or is Christ not the light or are you expecting another light other than Christ?..
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So, what you are saying is that God is in fact not expected to be faithful to His own Covenant with His people? He is not a faithful God at all? undecided

2. What prophesy is this? undecided

3. A prophecy for the gentiles that regards Gentiles as third parties in the message that is Isaiah 60? undecided

4. Ugh! Meaningless soundbite! Let's please keep these out of the discourse abeg! undecided

Man cannot keep covenant with God and no matter how man tries to keep it covenant with God, man will fail because human are bound to make mistake.

God dealings with the Gentiles is without condition. The seed of Abraham is blessed without condition and please if u still can't comprehend what I'm posting here it simply mean my post or this thread ain't for you.
Shalom
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by Kobojunkie: 8:14pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:
1. Man cannot keep covenant with God and no matter how man tries to keep it covenant with God, man will fail because human are bound to make mistake.

2. God dealings with the Gentiles is without condition.

3. The seed of Abraham is blessed without condition and please if u still can't comprehend what I'm posting here it simply mean my post or this thread ain't for you.
Shalom
1. Where do you get this idea in bold come from? undecided

For the sake of this conversation, where in scripture did God Himself tell you that man cannot keep God's Covenant with man? undecided

2. Where in scripture did God say the statement in bold? undecided

3. God's Covenant with Abraham served as a condition in itself. So, your claim that the seed of Abraham is blessed without condition is a lie. undecided
Look, unless you clearly express or show where in scripture your claims come from, how do you expect anyone to understand where you are going with any of your many claims? undecided
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by OkCornel(m): 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

In Isaiah 60, Isaiah made mention of the Gentiles and let me ask you are we not in the Gentiles dispensation?....

Didn't Isaiah 60 said the light has come to the Gentiles and the Gentiles has seen the light, have you not seen Christ or is Christ not the light or are you expecting another light other than Christ?..

Bearing in mind we are gentiles, when was this part of Isaiah 60 fulfilled?

Isaiah 60 v 10-11;

10 “Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion.
11 Your gates will always stand open, they will never be shut, day or night, so that people may bring you the wealth of the nations their kings led in triumphal procession.
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 8:36pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Where do you get this idea in bold come from? undecided

For the sake of this conversation, where in scripture did God Himself tell you that man cannot keep God's Covenant with man? undecided

2. Where in scripture did God say the statement in bold? undecided

3. God's Covenant with Abraham served as a condition in itself. So, your claim that the seed of Abraham is blessed without condition is a lie. undecided
Look, unless you clearly express or show where in scripture your claims come from, how do you expect anyone to understand where you are going with any of your many claims? undecided

Abraham seed is blessed without condition or covenant and if u still can grab it simply because u are not deep in scripture, i will suggest you remain in your religion and listen to the lies from your pastor.
I'm a Christian not a religious person and mind you Christianity is not a religion.
I'm just informing you before you bounce on me again.

Shalom.
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 8:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

Bearing in mind we are gentiles, when was this part of Isaiah 60 fulfilled?

Isaiah 60 v 10-11;

10 “Foreigners will rebuild your walls, and their kings will serve you. Though in anger I struck you, in favor I will show you compassion.
11 Your gates will always stand open, they will never be shut, day or night, so that people may bring you the wealth of the nations their kings led in triumphal procession.

I can see you are quoting some Bible verse in Isaiah 60
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by Kobojunkie: 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:
Abraham seed is blessed without condition or covenant and if u still can grab it simply because u are not deep in scripture, i will suggest you remain in your religion and listen to the lies from your pastor.
I'm a Christian not a religious person and mind you Christianity is not a religion.
I'm just informing you before you bounce on me again.
I am more interested in the value of the claims you continue to make regarding what is stated in scripture. undecided

Who is this Abraham seed? undecided
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by OkCornel(m): 8:49pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

I can see you are quoting some Bible verse in Isaiah 60

How was it fulfilled. You mentioned it’s been fulfilled.

How?
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

How was it fulfilled. You mentioned it’s been fulfilled.

How?

Isaiah prophecied that the light will come to the Gentiles, hasn't the light come to the Gentiles, hasn't Christ been preach to the Gentiles, hasn't the Gentiles accepted what the Jews rejected, hasn't the light rise in the east and set in the west, is Christ not the light, when the light spoke to Paul the apostle, didn't the light say to him " I'm Christ which thou persecuted"?...
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by Kobojunkie: 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:
1. Isaiah prophecied that the light will come to the Gentiles, hasn't the light come to the Gentiles, hasn't Christ been preach to the Gentiles, hasn't the Gentiles accepted what the Jews rejected, hasn't the light rise in the east and set in the west, is Christ not the light, when the light spoke to Paul the apostle, didn't the light say to him " I'm Christ which thou persecuted"?...
Isaiah didn't say that! undecided
For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee. And the Gentiles shall come to thy light, and kings to the brightness of thy rising.

That passage speaks in regard to the Jews - thee, thine, thy etc.-, not the Gentiles. The undecided
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by OkCornel(m): 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:

Isaiah prophecied that the light will come to the Gentiles, hasn't the light come to the Gentiles, hasn't Christ been preach to the Gentiles, hasn't the Gentiles accepted what the Jews rejected, hasn't the light rise in the east and set in the west, is Christ not the light, when the light spoke to Paul the apostle, didn't the light say to him " I'm Christ which thou persecuted"?...

Bros please when did foreigners build the walls?

When did King of nations line up to give tribute to Israel?

At what time in history was Isaiah 60 v 10-11 fulfilled?

Isaiah 60 v 10-11;

Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 9:45pm On Sep 11, 2022
OkCornel:

Bros please when did foreigners build the walls?

When did King of nations line up to give tribute to Israel?

At what time in history was Isaiah 60 v 10-11 fulfilled?

Isaiah 60 v 10-11;

I'm i talking about Isaiah 60 v 10-11 or Isaiah 60 vrs 1-5?...

Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by kingyakos: 9:47pm On Sep 11, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Isaiah didn't say that! undecided

That passage speaks in regard to the Jews - thee, thine, thy etc.-, not the Gentiles. The undecided

Seems Christianity is not for you to understand, try Hindu or Islam.
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by OkCornel(m): 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
[quote author=kingyakos post=116574920][/quote]

You said Isaiah 60 is already fulfilled.
Are you now saying it's partially fulfilled? That only Isaiah 60 v 1-5 is the only part fulfilled?
Re: Has Isaiah 60 Been Fulfilled? by Kobojunkie: 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2022
kingyakos:
Seems Christianity is not for you to understand, try Hindu or Islam.
Sigh undecided

You claimed you had witnessed an 800-year-old prophecy made reality. Is the information on that also not easy for you to explain to others? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My out-of-body DMT Experience / Women Always Kill Potential Children Of God / O Worshippers Of The Messiah, We Have A Question, To Which We Want An Answer Fro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.