Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,779 members, 7,820,722 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! (898 Views)

How Many Of These Yoruba Food, Soups and Vegetables Do You Know? / My Experience Eating Amala At A Popular Eatery In Ibadan / Nigerian Food Critic, Chef Opeyemi, Shares His Experience Eating Crocodile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by logicDcoder(m): 9:43pm On Sep 11, 2022
AN INNOCENT BOY IN THE STREET OF COMPUTER VILLAGE grin
Out of curiosity, I decided to have a bowl of their StreetSide-made noodles. I can vividly still recall how spicy their food was. Cheii!!! Having eaten just a spoonful, I was gasping for air tongue. The burning sensation was out of this world. The most amusing fact was that I used a complete sachet of water to subside the hotness aroused by the intake of each spoonful of the noodles. After the fierce battle, I was sweating profusely like a prisoner devouring dog meat. Indeed, Yoruba and pepper are like Eve and the apple. Hats off to the Yoruba people!

Re: Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by Olaoluwa112(m): 9:46pm On Sep 11, 2022
Something I wonder you people think.

First of, not all yorubas consume too much pepper.
Then, the vendor you bought that noodles from has her costumers who like the level of the pepper in her food, so you have to consider the larger consume not just one stranger.
Lastly, if an oyinbo person taste your own tribal food, he/she will still complain of the quality of pepper in it.
Human wants are insatiable.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by robinso01(m): 9:48pm On Sep 11, 2022
I remember cooking noodles with grinding pepper and i gave some of it to my neighbor's son,forgetting that igbo people don't like pepper. As the boy was eating, he was drinking water and sweating profusely, that was when i remembered that i'm in yorubaland again.
Re: Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by logicDcoder(m): 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
Olaoluwa112:
Something I wonder you people think.

First of, not all yorubas consume too much pepper.
Then, the vendor you bought that noodles from has her costumers who like the level of the pepper in her food, so you have to consider the larger consume not just one stranger.
Lastly, if an oyinbo person taste your own tribal food, he/she will still complain of the quality of pepper in it.
Human wants are insatiable.

So In general, Yoruba people don't eat excessive noodles.
Re: Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by logicDcoder(m): 10:37pm On Sep 11, 2022
robinso01:
I remember cooking noodles with grinding pepper and i gave some of it to my neighbor's son,forgetting that igbo people don't like pepper. As the boy was eating, he was drinking water and sweating profusely, that was when i remembered that i'm in yorubaland again.

Igbo people dey chop pepper, but levels set nawww

1 Like

Re: Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by robinso01(m): 10:42pm On Sep 11, 2022
logicDcoder:

Igbo people dey chop pepper, but levels set nawww
Yea,i met some who like pepper also
Re: Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by logicDcoder(m): 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2022
robinso01:

Yea,i met some who like pepper also

grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by Oldman65696641(m): 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2022
Na only pepper we go shop
Re: Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by shantti(m): 3:32am On Sep 13, 2022
Yoruba na ose
ha na eri, ha na ebe akwa
Re: Share Your Experience Eating A Spicy Yoruba Food! by Sweetvie: 9:36am On Sep 13, 2022
I don't like pepper at all
If i noticed any trace of pepper i won't eat the food again.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Eat This Insect / Head Ache When Hungry / Bosch Chest Freezer For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.