Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,986 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) (35299 Views)

When Obasanjo Met Peter Obi Vs When Obasanjo Met Tinubu - Photos / #FreeJaruma: Sowore Blasts Ned Nwoko After Jaruma Was Remanded In Prison / Sowore Blasts Kelechi Iheanacho For Visiting Governor Yahaya Bello (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by GEEBITE: 1:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
For Christ's sake where is this famous masterplan and how can we access it. Is it being hoisted in the clouds or somewhere that nobody has been able to lay it bare for the public other than this word of mouth?
candidtalk:

What Tinubu did, as first runner in the Lagos masterplan marathon, is a lot even if you wish to pretend that the reality is otherwise.

We must never forget also that Tinubu conceived that masterplan and ensured his successors stuck to its holistic delivery and success.

If you have seen a similar model in the history of Nigeria then kindly bring it here because all I have ever seen is one step forward and 5 step backwards for most States of Nigeria.

That Tinubu can conceive the masterplan, to then run his race well and hand over the baton competently to others, is supreme testimony to his ability and credentials that will make him a great President.

He is showing one big area of talent the best and most superior leaders have. Supreme man-management skills that lends to the actualisation of supreme overall project delivery. Buhari does not have that and neither does Atiku, Obi, Kwankwaso or even the likes of Ameachi, Osinbajo etal in my opinion.

In a project, sections will have effective and talented leaders , which I think is the level of many Nigerian leaders, but the supreme leader is the talent who knits them all together to get them delivering optimally towards the central goal.

Nigeria being the project and her President being the supreme talent I am talking about.
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Verysmart101: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Right about Lagos being the only city affected by flood?

You have not heard of global warming?

The whole world will sink eventually.

Ur family house is the one that will sink.idiot
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by GEEBITE: 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
So Tinubu has been housing and feeding all the refugees trooping into Lagos annually?
How did you come to the conclusion that they have
not been paying taxes directly or indirectly. They pay one way or the other if you care to know.
omohayek:

Fine, Donald Duke did lots of wonderful things for Calabar when he was governor, but that is not the question I was asking. What I would like to know is how Donald Duke would have dealt with an influx of 1 million new residents every year, most of whom have no assets, no savings, no skills and little education. Where would he put them all, and how would he find the funds to provide all these newcomers with trash collection, street lights, new roads, drainage, etc., given that none of this 1 million annual arrivals pay a single kobo into the state's coffers.

Even 1st world cities like London and New York struggle to house and care for much lower numbers of immigrants, yet somehow Lagos is expected to achieve far more than much richer places can manage. I fail to see how Donald Duke or anyone else could resolve the issue without clamping down on the rate of new arrivals, yet when Fashola tried something much more modest (by repatriating beggars to their states of origin), Igbo voices were the loudest in complaining about "discrimination", the same Igbo voices that take such joy in bashing Lagos under Tinubu and his successors.
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
Those in lekki and Ikoyi will disagree.
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Igbodicool(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
obaaderemi:
These are effects of global warming and rising sea levels.
This is not Tinubu's fault, in fact he has made moves against it. Remember how flooded and impassable Ahmadu Bello Way Victoria Island used to be. But it's no longer like that.

But then more work has to be done. Lagos is a coastal city.
Anybody who chose to live in Lagos especially on the island and it's environs should be ready to face floods.
So this thread can not be used against Tinubu successfully.

The pictures below are of Germany. Does this mean German leaders are bad?

German flood, over 200 dead!
Nooooo

Flooding and erosion is only peculiar to Igbo land.

We will deal with you with the obvious both online and offline.
You think na only una sabi play politics of ethnicity and bitterness.
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by OVB123: 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:
They said there’s no erosion in Lagos.

They say it’s only in the south east so you see erosions .

South east is addressing her erosion problems while Lagos erosion lingers
South east is the worst my bro and you know that very well.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Jack500: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:
See where “humans” stay in Lagos!!

Yet they tell you eastern Nigeria is a cave

Lagos will forever be better than all your useless 5 states combined. Go and hang yourself, if it pain you.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by ibechris(m): 2:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
When untravelled Lagosians talk,I just laugh and reply them without insults.

Let them travel and see how dirty Lagos is.

They can also try and visit Enugu,calabar,Abuja Kebbi,Imo, Kano,Edo or Akwaibom.

A visit will convince them.

At least I once lived in Lagos from 1983 to 2003.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Oluwaseunbandur: 2:22pm On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:

This place is ikotun

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Angelfrost(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyPagan:
'Humans live here?'
My reaction when I see pictures from Nigerian cities.
No wonder Nairaland's UI remains dull and bland. How can a people hold so much disdain for life and colour, organization and balance, decorum and honesty?

Then you think about the comments one sees regularly on frontpage and it hits you...... A mirror of the nastiness that permanently surrounds them....

Perfectly expressed!
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 2:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
smiley smiley smiley smiley The environment will always affect people.
Angelfrost:

Perfectly expressed!
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 2:30pm On Sep 13, 2022
The people are like zombies, let them enjoy their state of enjoyment. grin grin

HappyPagan:
'Humans live here?'
No wonder Nairaland's UI remains dull and bland. How can a people hold so much disdain for life and colour, organization and balance, decorum and honesty?

Then you think about the comments one sees regularly on frontpage and it hits you...... A mirror of the nastiness that permanently surrounds them....

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by GreyLaw(m): 2:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
KingAzubuike:
And why should the mods allow this kinda thread into the front page. The OP lightskinnigga also needs to be banned for all his derogatory posts on the thread. Nairaland is getting out of hand, seun and his mods need to be monitored by the DSS. Don't cry foul if this forum eventually gets taken down by the government.

Forum get taken down by the government? Hahaha... what an 800 BC mentality!
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by everythinggirly(f): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
This is very bad honestly.
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by alizma: 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jostoman:
yes they will attributes those Bad places to him because since he cannot do it in his 8 years as governor he shouldn't have denied that governor that continue the good work of fashola to do his second term.
But you were among those shouting Edo no be Lagos, Tinubu cannot choose governor for Edo people like he does in Lagos. You people agreed he choose Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo Olu for Lagos people, you also attribute any negative things of these people's administration to his wrong did/decision but you deny him the good did of those people's administration. If Tinubu should not take credit for these guys good did why are you linking Tinubu to end SARS shooting, was Tinubu the state governor?
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by t2luv1: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Sowore the idiot, flood happens in USA, Europe, Asia, and every where else round the world.

Partner your former President Obasanjo said "Lagos State is the most expensive slum in the world". When a plot of Land is 1000 times the average state civil servant's salary you know that state is comatose.
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
alizma:
With these pictures now, every blame will go to Tinubu because they believe he has stole everything in Lagos but when you show them the good part of Lagos, they will tell you not to attribute those wonderful part to him. Frustrated and confused people.

But he built Lagos nah.. So both the good and bad should be attributed to him
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by t2luv1: 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jack500:

Lagos will forever be better than all your useless 5 states combined. Go and hang yourself, if it pain you.

Are you sure about that or that was just a wishful statement?
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by HappyPagan: 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
astricker:

Nairaland did a UI overhaul a couple of years ago, his users kicked against it and he had to revert back to this old UI.
It was more or less the same crappy UI.
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Kutunban: 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2022
HappyPagan:
'Humans live here?'

The sad reality, poor education makes a nation dirty and unorganized.
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by MyAmericandream(f): 2:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
Wintertime:
Please stop this is too early,

Don't make agbado landlord to shit in his pants today
They will all hide their faces in shame. They won’t say a word. It’s only a slowpoke that will tag Lagos a mega city. I was born and raised in Lagos. That place is shitty mehn, I prefer to reside in places like Ede/Oshogbo than that filthy and congested city.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by brighttech95(m): 3:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:

This place looks familiar, that Gafaru in Ikotun?
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by abbey621(m): 3:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
Lagos is a dirty stinking place yet people from every state are dying to live and invest there. It is so dirty that it continues to generate ridiculous amount of money year in year out. This stinking place is so miserable that people have started buying a plot of land for 200 million and above, oh gosh what a stinking dirty shithole, we prefer mega states like Ondo, Anambra, Enugu and so on, those places are really developed with no erosion, no flooding, no poor areas, just peace, love and harmony......E NI KURE grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by alizma: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
EMPEROROFDONBAS:

But he built Lagos nah.. So both the good and bad should be attributed to him
That is what I am saying, if he must be blame for the bad, let him also get some credit for the goods side of Lagos. That is called justice
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by obaaderemi: 3:21pm On Sep 13, 2022
Igbodicool:

Nooooo

Flooding and erosion is only peculiar to Igbo land.

We will deal with you with the obvious both online and offline.
You think na only una sabi play politics of ethnicity and bitterness.
If you say so, continue. Nobody hold your hand. wink

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by obaaderemi: 3:23pm On Sep 13, 2022
hkidola00:
see this one,so you want us to vote tinubu..idiat
Idiot, vote whoever you want. What's my business with Tinubu?
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Sowore the idiot, flood happens in USA, Europe, Asia, and every where else round the world.
And erosion and landslide happens I Japan
Hypocrites
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Bfly: 3:47pm On Sep 13, 2022
This is not part of lagos to Tinubu as far the people living there are not economically and politically recognised.
What a shame?

The government that was supposed to serve the people are now being served by the people.
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Wizmj4real(m): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:
Here is where they say is better than all of Nigeria, Lagos

suicide staying here

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Wizmj4real(m): 3:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:
This is lekki, Lagos richest neighborhood..

It’s being flooded..

Plot of land here is sold for #700m

10 years from now if Christ tarries and nothing is done LEKKI won't accommodate humans again
the sea tide will go up and sink the houses there

you can't cage water but can only control its flow

1 Like

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Wizmj4real(m): 3:53pm On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:
This is Lagos, the self acclaimed New York of Nigeria

TINUBU BUILT LAGOS INDEED
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Bobbiee: 3:54pm On Sep 13, 2022
The ISSUE IS NOT THE FLOODING! THERES FLOOD EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD. THE ISSUE IS THE SEA OF GARBAGE IN EVERY STREET CORNER, AND THE SLUMS THAT STRETCH FROM HORIZON TO HORIZON

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

13 IPOB Commanders Shot Dead, Stolen INEC Device Recovered / Why Are Igbo Towns 98% Indigenous? / President Buhari Meets Abdulrasheed Baw, New EFCC Chairman In Aso Villa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.