Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) (35285 Views)

When Obasanjo Met Peter Obi Vs When Obasanjo Met Tinubu - Photos / #FreeJaruma: Sowore Blasts Ned Nwoko After Jaruma Was Remanded In Prison / Sowore Blasts Kelechi Iheanacho For Visiting Governor Yahaya Bello (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by obaaderemi: 7:51am On Sep 13, 2022
Durabest:
if you like show me place that look like boropit i will still vote Tinubu why not show the other part.
You too post the other side.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Techstar: 7:55am On Sep 13, 2022
The best state in Nigeria in my opinion is AkwaIbom State. They have beautiful cities like Uyo and Eket, very standard, neat roads, beautiful resorts, people don't leave their houses by 4am to beat traffic, nice and peaceful life with beautiful people and good food. They even have a public park, yet you won't see them make noise online. Lagos is good too, there are jobs and businesses thrive there. But, it is overhyped.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by obaaderemi: 7:59am On Sep 13, 2022
These are effects of global warming and rising sea levels.
This is not Tinubu's fault, in fact he has made moves against it. Remember how flooded and impassable Ahmadu Bello Way Victoria Island used to be. But it's no longer like that.

But then more work has to be done. Lagos is a coastal city.
Anybody who chose to live in Lagos especially on the island and it's environs should be ready to face floods.
So this thread can not be used against Tinubu successfully.

The pictures below are of Germany. Does this mean German leaders are bad?

German flood, over 200 dead!

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 13, 2022
alizma:
With these pictures now, every blame will go to Tinubu because they believe he has stole everything in Lagos but when you show them the good part of Lagos, they will tell you not to attribute those wonderful part to him. Frustrated and confused people .

Don't mind them. Should Lagos, optimal population of circa 8 million, be hosting 23 million people with majority of those refugees from other badly run States of Nigeria with incompetent and irresponsible leaders?

Sowore and IPOBians better not let me have their time today because I will lecture their ignorant brains about the harm of unchecked population growth and undesirable urban population density to a geographical space.

A lot of Nigerians , like Sowore, are just ignorant and irresponsible mischief-makers who enjoy using misinformed arguments to malign others who actually deserve commendation.

Sowore cannot even rehabilitate Alimosho when the real figure of population, matched with limited resources available, confronts him korokoro.

Lagos is a victim of it's own success that needs massive decongesting for it's true potentials to be actualized.

Ignoramuses like Sowore should read more and seek attention less so they can contribute solutions like leaders and administrators far more talented than he is are doing in Lagos currently.

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/272339569_The_Impact_of_Urbanization_on_Housing_Development_The_Lagos_Experience_Nigeria

The Impact of Urbanization on Housing Development: The Lagos Experience, Nigeria.

The impact of rapid population growth on housing development in a developing economy is usually a consequence of the push of the rural areas and the pull of the town.

There is always an upsurge and conglomeration of people in city centres with the resultant effects on housing growth arising from acute unemployment. This growth and physical expansion of cities have been accompanied by unplanned urban sprawl, environmental pollution, deterioration, deficiencies in modern basic facilities, and general urban decay.

As increased poverty and urbanization exert more pressures on urban facilities, most Nigerian cities tend to have lost their original dignity, social cohesion and administrative efficiency. This paper revealed the consequences of the problems of urbanization in Nigeria using empirical data from the metropolitan Lagos

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=royally%20screwed

Effects of Population Growth on Urban Infrastructure and Services: A Case of Eastleigh Neighborhood Nairobi, Kenya

There is an increasing recognition that the growth of cities is inevitable and the solution to urban problems depends heavily on effective urban planning, infrastructure development and management. Rapid and often unplanned population growth is often associated with population demands that outstrip infrastructure and service capacity and leading to environmental degradation.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Patriotsleague: 8:04am On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:
nigger!!!

Learn to read!!!!

Read nigger!!! Read!!!

Report says in 50years time!!!
Yeah they said Nigeria will disintegrate by 2022 we are still here, they said Jesus will come we are still here. You can leave Lagos to your villages, so we have more space.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:11am On Sep 13, 2022
obaaderemi:
These are effects of global warming and rising sea levels.
This is not Tinubu's fault, in fact he has made moves against it. Remember how flooded and impassable Ahmadu Bello Way Victoria Island used to be. But it's no longer like that.

But then more work has to be done. Lagos is a coastal city.
Anybody who chose to live in Lagos especially on the island and it's environs should be ready to face floods.
So this thread can not be used against Tinubu successfully.

The pictures below are of Germany. Does this mean German leaders are bad?

Bro, don't mind the mischief-making ignoramus called Sowore. If one really wants to note administrators failing in Nigeria the we should look at a State like Bayelsa that is near failed today yet relieving 13% derivation and hosting a population of 1,704,515 only in comparison to Lagos, the smallest State in Nigeria, hosting 23 million people.

I personally know solution is not arriving for Nigeria because majority of Nigerians, probably as much as 99.8% , are incapable of thinking like solutions providers as is the case with other nations of the world.

Most Nigerians are mischief-makers, bigots and toxic people intent on playing the blame game.always without looking at their own personal deficencies and lack of contributions toward the search for solutions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by lightskinnigga: 8:18am On Sep 13, 2022
candidtalk:

Bro, don't mind the mischief-making ignoramus called Sowore. If one really wants to note administrators failing in Nigeria the we should look at a State like Bayelsa that is near failed today yet relieving 13% derivation and hosting a population of 1,704,515 only in comparison to Lagos, the smallest State in Nigeria, hosting 23 million people.

I personally know solution is not arriving for Nigeria because majority of Nigerians, probably as much as 99.8% , are incapable of thinking like solutions providers as is the case with other nations of the world.

Most Nigerians are mischief-makers, bigots and toxic people intent on playing the blame game.always without looking at their own personal deficencies and lack of contributions toward the search for solutions.

you had to drag bayelsa into this?

Bayelsa was founded in 1996 (as your pic shows)

Lagos was former port of Portugal, then United Kingdom then capital of Nigeria!!

Yet you have the audacity to call out bayelsa?

Haven’t you learnt anything yet?

35 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 13, 2022
Patriotsleague:

Yeah they said Nigeria will disintegrate by 2022 we are still here, they said Jesus will come we are still here. You can leave Lagos to your villages, so we have more space.

That is the answer bro. I hate mischief-making Nigerians engage rather than genuine and sincere introspection to gain solutions for our nation.

Do people appreciate the problem very high population density, as in the case of Lagos, causes before opening mouth to forment mischief?

Look at the population density of Lagos below, a mind-boggling 6,871 people per square kilometres in a total area of 1,171 square kilometres approx, compared to that of the much bigger Abia i.e 650 people per square kilometres with total area of 6,320 square kilometres.

Yet Abians, who are among those swelling the population of Lagos detrimentally, have the audacity to be attacking the administration of Lagos.

Abeg Lagos needs decongesting and Nigeria needs regional governance asap. Tired of irresponsible and self-destructive Nigerians bro.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Nosayer: 8:29am On Sep 13, 2022
alizma:
With these pictures now, every blame will go to Tinubu because they believe he has stole everything in Lagos but when you show them the good part of Lagos, they will tell you not to attribute those wonderful part to him. Frustrated and confused people.

It goes both ways. If you attribute the beautiful parts to him, you attribute the ugly parts to him too and vice versa.

Tinubu's campaign should be based on what HE did and not what his successors did. It will backfire on him for good and evil if he tried to claim he did what Fashola and Ambode did.

14 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:32am On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:
you had to drag bayelsa into this?

Bayelsa was founded in 1996 (as your pic shows)

Lagos was former port of Portugal, then United Kingdom then capital of Nigeria!!

Yet you have the audacity to call out bayelsa?

Haven’t you learnt anything yet?

Stop being clannish and petty. I was making a contextual example. I have now also "called out " Abia above.

Should I similarly "call out" Osun and Oyo so you finally get the point instead of focusing on pettiness and clannish egocentrism ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 13, 2022
Nosayer:

It goes both ways. If you attribute the beautiful parts to him, you attribute the ugly parts to him too and vice versa.

Tinubu's campaign should be based on what HE did and not what his successors did. It will backfire on him for good and evil if he tried to claim he did what Fashola and Ambode did.

What Tinubu did, as first runner in the Lagos masterplan marathon, is a lot even if you wish to pretend that the reality is otherwise.

We must never forget also that Tinubu conceived that masterplan and ensured his successors stuck to its holistic delivery and success.

If you have seen a similar model in the history of Nigeria then kindly bring it here because all I have ever seen is one step forward and 5 step backwards for most States of Nigeria.

That Tinubu can conceive the masterplan, to then run his race well and hand over the baton competently to others, is supreme testimony to his ability and credentials that will make him a great President.

He is showing one big area of talent the best and most superior leaders have. Supreme man-management skills that lends to the actualisation of supreme overall project delivery. Buhari does not have that and neither does Atiku, Obi, Kwankwaso or even the likes of Ameachi, Osinbajo etal in my opinion.

In a project, sections will have effective and talented leaders , which I think is the level of many Nigerian leaders, but the supreme leader is the talent who knits them all together to get them delivering optimally towards the central goal.

Nigeria being the project and her President being the supreme talent I am talking about.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Jokerman(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2022
It's shameful honestly
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by lightskinnigga: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2022
Durabest:
if you like show me place that look like boropit i will still vote Tinubu why not show the other part.
tell me where in Lagos that you think is nice and I’ll go snap it for you..

Dolphin estate, Lagos

15 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by a4cube: 9:22am On Sep 13, 2022
Patriotsleague:
Sowore the idiot, flood happens in USA, Europe, Asia, and every where else round the world.
But when it happens in the East you behave like Sowore the idiot.

18 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by KanwuliaExtra: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2022
A pigsty will always be a pigsty because it is inhabited by PIGS!

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Slynation(m): 9:25am On Sep 13, 2022
Some Agbadorians will still come and attack Peter Obi...

9 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Slynation(m): 9:28am On Sep 13, 2022
candidtalk:

What Tinubu did, as first runner in the Lagos masterplan marathon, is a lot even if you wish to pretend that the reality is otherwise.

We must never forget also that Tinubu conceived that masterplan and ensured his successors stuck to its holistic delivery and success.

If you have seen a similar model in the history of Nigeria then kindly bring it here because all I have ever seen is one step forward and 5 step backwards for most States of Nigeria.

That Tinubu can conceive the masterplan, to then run his race well and hand over the baton competently to others, is supreme testimony to his ability and credentials that will make him a great President.

He is showing one big area of talent the best and most superior leaders have. Supreme man-management skills that lends to the actualisation of supreme overall project delivery. Buhari does not have that and neither does Atiku, Obi, Kwankwaso or even the likes of Ameachi, Osinbajo etal in my opinion.

In a project, sections will have effective and talented leaders , which I think is the level of many Nigerian leaders, but the supreme leader is the talent who knits them all together to get them delivering optimally towards the central goal.

Nigeria being the project and her President being the supreme talent I am talking about.
This lie you all keep concocting will surely bring the downfall of Tinubu, That man did nothing, but let us keep the lies coming...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by a4cube: 9:33am On Sep 13, 2022
candidtalk:

That is the answer bro. I hate mischief-making Nigerians engage rather than genuine and sincere introspection to gain solutions for our nation.

Do people appreciate the problem very high population density, as in the case of Lagos, causes before opening mouth to forment mischief?

Look at the population density of Lagos below, a mind-boggling 6,871 people per square kilometres in a total area of 1,71 square kilometres, compared to that of the much bigger Abia i.e 650 people per square kilometres with total area of 6,320 square kilometres.

Yet Abians, who are among those swelling the population of Lagos detrimentally, have the audacity to be attacking the administration of Lagos.

Abeg Lagos needs decongestant and Nigeria needs regional governance asap. Tired of irresponsible and self-destructive Nigerians bro.
That is why everything should not be cetrred in Lagos. It will help decongest Lagos which is a win win for everyone. Then again population growth comes with revenue, is lagos using the generated revenue optimally? I doubt and am sure you will doubt but won't say it.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Bontafa: 9:35am On Sep 13, 2022
alizma:
With these pictures now, every blame will go to Tinubu because they believe he has stole everything in Lagos but when you show them the good part of Lagos, they will tell you not to attribute those wonderful part to him. Frustrated and confused people.

Comrade

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Panda7(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2022
no proper drainage system?? how did the builders plan a mega city without provision for drainage, sewage and sanitation system the bedrock of a good society. safe to say there is no fresh water source in Lagos.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Judybash93(m): 9:43am On Sep 13, 2022
HappyPagan:
'Humans live here?'
My reaction when I see pictures from Nigerian cities.
No wonder Nairaland's UI remains dull and bland. How can a people hold so much disdain for life and colour, organization and balance, decorum and honesty?

Then you think about the comments one sees regularly on frontpage and it hits you...... A mirror of the nastiness that permanently surrounds them....

Truer words have never been uttered

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Bontafa: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2022
lightskinnigga:
See where “humans” stay in Lagos!!

Yet they tell you eastern Nigeria is a cave

Here Na the biggest slum in Nigeria called Makoko

10 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Nobody: 9:51am On Sep 13, 2022
I think Tinubu built Lagos!
Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Kingzeez10: 9:52am On Sep 13, 2022
GamalNasser:
This is why I get furious when clowns say Tinubu fixed Lagos ....which fix ? Lagos should be 500 times better if Tinubu hadnt captured the state
You dey craze omo Igbo. You always attribut le the bad part to him and attribute the good ones to Ambode and Fashola. Lagos is bad yet your Osu brothers are not ready to go back home. They're busy constituting nuisance and scamming people of their hard earned money in Computer village.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Proudlyomonna: 10:01am On Sep 13, 2022
GamalNasser:
This is why I get furious when clowns say Tinubu fixed Lagos ....which fix ? Lagos should be 500 times better if Tinubu hadnt captured the state

To brainwashed urchins like reddingtonblack wey their mama don use lies finish their head, Lagos Starts and ends with the Islands,some places for Lagos as e dey rain so na death trap.
If you enter Ikotun or Ijora for this season come out alive you suppose go for Thanksgiving.
Lagos deserves better.

16 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:11am On Sep 13, 2022
Yoruba left the chat

8 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by GamalNasser: 10:14am On Sep 13, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

To brainwashed urchins like reddingtonblack wey their mama don use lies finish their head, Lagos Starts and ends with the Islands,some places for Lagos as e dey rain so na death trap.
If you enter Ikotun or Ijora for this season come out alive you suppose go for Thanksgiving.
Lagos deserves better.

The Island is even worse than the mainland sef ..na Island I dey live na , nothing special

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by reddingtonblack: 10:18am On Sep 13, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Lagos deserves better.

Lagos deserves better even Nigeria deserves better, whatever beautiful masterplan igbos have for lagos we are saying start it from your ancestral land
for instance, use Enugu to show us what we afonjas are missing if we don't vote one ikechukwu as next lagos state governor

Imagine a tenant telling landlord his house his not fine, whereas his own father house for village is not even befitting for a gsd. lagos is terrible then leave n go back to the paradise you existed with night buses. simple logic

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Proudlyomonna: 10:19am On Sep 13, 2022
GamalNasser:

The Island is even worse than the mainland sef ..na Island I dey live na , nothing special

I dey stay for Adesanya Lekki axis but to go house dey fear me sometimes so I dey just stay with my Brother around Ikeja Cantonment.
Lagos truly deserves better.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by GamalNasser: 10:20am On Sep 13, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

I dey stay for Adesanya Lekki axis but to go house dey fear me sometimes so I dey just stay with my Brother around Ikeja Cantonment.
Lagos truly deserves better.

We deserve better

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by reddingtonblack: 10:23am On Sep 13, 2022
GamalNasser:

Then simply go back to the paradise you left for over hyped lagos. its that not the logical thing to do.
if i leave nigeria get to US nd somehow i feel its overnight, nigeria is better no one needs to beg me b4 i carry my bag n return to Nigeria naw. i don't have to go about insulting american citizens

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Is A Poor, Miserable & Dirty Place - Sowore Blasts Tinubu (Photos) by Proudlyomonna: 10:30am On Sep 13, 2022
reddingtonblack:

Lagos deserves better even Nigeria deserves better, whatever beautiful masterplan igbos have for lagos we are saying start it from your ancestral land
for instance, use Enugu to show us what we afonjas are missing if we don't vote one ikechukwu as next lagos state governor

Imagine a tenant telling landlord his house his not fine, whereas his own father house for village is not even befitting for a gsd. lagos is terrible then leave n go back to the paradise you existed with night buses. simple logic

See this one,if you are not a Lagosian take back this nonsense you wrote grin
I am not Yoruba,but I bet you that you are not more Lagosian than I am.
You see that you do speak like a child,the Country is One and so everyone has a right to be anywhere doing their business Legally.
Have you ever been to Enugu,mehn you should go out more grin
While we appreciate that Lagos is trying,we must never be overzealous and forget that Lagos can do better much more better.
Go Mile 12 now make you see how far.
Apc must be crushed to save Nigeria.

14 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Throwback Photo Of Tinubu With BBOG Placard / Is This The Latest Campaign Strategy Of PDP? / Fayose Is A Dreamer...Lere Olayinka (2014)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.