Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,666 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Three Major Things God Wants From You - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Three Major Things God Wants From You (16523 Views)

4 Major Things Ruining Young People Today / 8 Important Things God Does When You Praise & Glorify Him - Apostle O.J Komolafe / THREE THINGS GOD CAN NOT DO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by Evilblackman(m): 10:48am On Oct 02, 2022
Never question your existence
Just follow follow like a dumb animal
Thats what the thread is all about

4 Likes

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by Evilblackman(m): 10:50am On Oct 02, 2022
dam2000:
I believe God will clear all our sin if we excape this buhari regime

How??
Is there any regime left
All the years people believed in him
What

1 Like

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by SeriouslySense(m): 11:03am On Oct 02, 2022
What are the two most important commandments
lomprico:
God what's us to
1. know him
2. Love him
E. Keep his commandments
smiley
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by NNTR: 11:04am On Oct 02, 2022
Corrections:
THREE MAJOR THINGS GOD WANT FROM YOU

1........God wants you to KNOW him.

John 14:9
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Just like parents would like their children they gave birth to know about who they are, the family background of their parents and there values, so also God want for every of his human creature. It is your responsibility to gravitate towards your maker to know him better ( what he likes, dislike or how he had designed your life to function ). You get to know more about God through his words imbedded in the Bible.

2...…........God wants you after knowing him to BELIEVE him

John14 :1 "Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, belieyve also in me.

Now that you have known God, a step is expected of you further which is to believe everything he says. He wants you to believe every instruction given to follow. Your believe ( faith in God ) is what God requires of you after you.

3…..........…...God wants you after you have believed him to FOLLOW him

John 12:26. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

Every parent want these children to follow the GOOD legacies you leave behind. No parent want their children to be a black sheep to the GOOD happenings in the family. In the same manner God ( your creator ) wants you after knowing of him to follow him in his ways. His ways are righteousness, Justice and mercy.

HOW TO CONNECT TO GOD

ACCEPT, BELIEVE AND FOLLOW JESUS.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

John14:1
Let not your heart be troubled. You are trust in God now trust in me ( JESUS ).

John15:23
Anyone that is hating me ( JESUS )
is hating the father (GOD)

Colossian 2: 10
So you have everything when you have christ and you are filled with GOD through your union with CHRIST. He is the highest RULER, with authority over every other power
Why does God wants anyone:
1. to KNOW Him?
2. then after you have KNOWN Him to BELIEVE Him?
3. and after you have BELIEVED Him to FOLLOW Him?
4. WHY does anyone, need to CONNECT to GOD, ACCEPT, BELIEVE AND FOLLOW Jesus?

Please give responses and/or explanation using the same numbered up style

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

1 Like

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by Uptownerd: 11:10am On Oct 02, 2022

Are you tired of praying? Have you gotten fed up with talking to yourself in an empty room praying to imaginary beings for fictional help that can never come?

Are you tired of your church? Are you tired of going to church all the time even when you don't want to? Have you been having thoughts about humanity, the afterlife and what happens after death? Are you thinking of quitting your church?

Have you started developing doubts about the Bible or other religious related texts? Is your faith now in doubt? Do you think the teachings of your church is illogical and doesn't make sense?

Are you having doubts about reality, why we are here and whether life is meaningful? Do you want to know the truth about heaven and hell? Do you have the mind to understand occultism and astral projections in grotesque dimensions?

If you are experiencing any of the above thoughts, doubts or questions, your freedom and spiritual awakening is at hand.

Uptownerd will lead you through the hard questions about life, religion, soul and the purpose of death for easier understanding and using same knowledge to emancipate yourself from the matrix. You are going to enjoy a new form of psychological freedom never before seen in your entire existence. Don't get left out, the old world order is dead!

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by ljoh: 11:15am On Oct 02, 2022
The idea of God is scam

3 Likes

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by SeriouslySense(m): 11:25am On Oct 02, 2022
1) We have to Know God, by studying the bible and meditating on it, because God is the only Holy one, who is merciful, slow to anger, great in Judgement, full of compassion and Love, he is Just and Fair, by knowing God and knowing Jesus who he sent, we become like him in character with the help of his Holy Spirit, man has fallen from grace, he is quick to anger, selfish, self centered, full of wicked thougts but God wants us to have a Full Life in in goodness and grace.

2) We need to believe in God, because when we believe, then our faith is activated and it will help us to walk with God despite the distractions and difficulty we will encounter, our believe or faith increases, when will hear more read more and see more.

3) We need to follow him, or obey his commandment, because it will make us have a strong character after God, it helps others, it lifts others up and this is also the will of God, that he lives in Us and through us.

4) Jesus is the corner stone which the builders rejected yet is the foundation. He has paid the prize for our sins, he is the power and wisdom of God, to the world it is foolishness. But God has already defeated sin and death for us, all we need is to accept the work of God in our lives.

As we seek for God and surrender to his will, then Jesus and his Father will live in us. The Holy Spirit is the free gift of God.

Hope this helps, although, this is my limited understanding, God please help me in my poor understanding and thank you for this day.

NNTR:
Why does God wants anyone:
1. to KNOW Him?
2. then after you have KNOWN Him to BELIEVE Him?
3. and after you have BELIEVED Him to FOLLOW Him?
4. WHY does anyone, need to CONNECT to GOD, ACCEPT, BELIEVE AND FOLLOW Jesus?

Please give responses and/or explanation using the same numbered up style

2 Likes

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by crafteck(m): 11:31am On Oct 02, 2022
How do you know those are what he wants?
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by Tunjibalogun: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2022
Diligent1:
From this write up, I understand that Jesus stand separate while God also stand separate which makes Jesus the prophet of God.
Are you a Muslim?
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 02, 2022
When did God inform you Guys of such things?
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by NaijaSumi: 11:52am On Oct 02, 2022
Evilblackman:
If your imaginary God wants us to know him why can’t he show him self

Okay!
I wonder why you want HIM to show Himself
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by Evilblackman(m): 12:00pm On Oct 02, 2022
NaijaSumi:

Okay!
I wonder why you want HIM to show Himself

So people will stop doubting his existence
I know for myself even if he existed I rather go to hell than serve a Dictator being that has human emotions
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by NaijaSumi: 12:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
Evilblackman:

So people will stop doubting his existence
I know for myself even if he existed I rather go to hell than serve a Dictator being that has human emotions

Get to know HIM before you conclude. Hell is a very terrible choice, give GOD a chance, thereafter; make your decision.

HE exist, HE'S not a dictator but hates sin... Trust me, HIS ways are really amazing.

This I know!

1 Like

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by Evilblackman(m): 12:12pm On Oct 02, 2022
NaijaSumi:

Get to know HIM before you conclude. Hell is a very terrible choice, give GOD a chance, thereafter; make your decision.

HE exist, HE'S not a dictator but hates sin... Trust me, HIS ways are really amazing.

This I know!

Rest i was born a Christian
Studied CRS all my life
And yet genesis just seems so fictional
Reading the bible reasonable logically properly will allow you to see the flaws in it and how it’s just man made
Hell isnt really neither is heaven.

1 Like

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by NaijaSumi: 12:19pm On Oct 02, 2022
Evilblackman:

Rest i was born a Christian
Studied CRS all my life
And yet genesis just seems so fictional
Reading the bible reasonable logically properly will allow you to see the flaws in it and how it’s just man made
Hell isnt really neither is heaven.

Okay!

1 Like

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by hisgrace090: 12:30pm On Oct 02, 2022
ecolime:
The number one thing is to live a life of holiness and have a personal relationship with God.

This is the major thing after knowing g Him.
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by stasius: 12:57pm On Oct 02, 2022
Wrong.

God wants you to
1. KNOW HIM
2. LOVE HIM
3. OBEY AND SERVE HIM IN THIS WORLD.
4. TO BE HAPPY WITH HIM FOREVER IN THE NEXT WORLD.
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by lomprico(m): 1:04pm On Oct 02, 2022
SeriouslySense:
What are the two most important commandments

Love your God
Love your neighbor
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by davidnote: 1:21pm On Oct 02, 2022
All these for a guy we haven't seen.

1 Like

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by NNTR: 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2022
SeriouslySense:
1) We have to Know God, by studying the bible and meditating on it, because God is the only Holy one, who is merciful, slow to anger, great in Judgement, full of compassion and Love, he is Just and Fair, by knowing God and knowing Jesus who he sent, we become like Him in character with the help of his Holy Spirit, man has fallen from grace, he is quick to anger, selfish, self centered, full of wicked thougts but God wants us to have a Full Life in in goodness and grace.
150% correct

SeriouslySense:
2) We need to believe in God, because when we believe, then our faith is activated and it will help us to walk with God despite the distractions and difficulty we will encounter, our believe or faith increases, when will hear more read more and see more.
150% correct

SeriouslySense:
3) We need to follow him, or obey his commandment, because it will make us have a strong character after God, it helps others, it lifts others up and this is also the will of God, that he lives in Us and through us.
150% correct

SeriouslySense:
4) Jesus is the corner stone which the builders rejected yet is the foundation. He has paid the prize for our sins, he is the power and wisdom of God, to the world it is foolishness. But God has already defeated sin and death for us, all we need is to accept the work of God in our lives.
150% correct

SeriouslySense:
As we seek for God and surrender to his will, then Jesus and his Father will live in us. The Holy Spirit is the free gift of God.
150% correct

SeriouslySense:
Hope this helps, although, this is my limited understanding, God please help me in my poor understanding and thank you for this day.
Beloved, seriously sense (i.e. pardon unable to resist the wordplay use there), you're a son of God, a moG, in whom God is well pleased with. I pray that all listen to your apt understanding and voice

cc Corrections

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by InvertedHammer: 2:07pm On Oct 02, 2022
Corrections:
THREE MAJOR THINGS GOD WANT FROM YOU

1........God wants you to KNOW him.

John 14:9
Jesus said to him, “Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Just like parents would like their children they gave birth to know about who they are, the family background of their parents and there values, so also God want for every of his human creature. It is your responsibility to gravitate towards your maker to know him better ( what he likes, dislike or how he had designed your life to function ). You get to know more about God through his words imbedded in the Bible.

2...…........God wants you after knowing him to BELIEVE him

John14 :1 "Let not your hearts be troubled; believe in God, belieyve also in me.

Now that you have known God, a step is expected of you further which is to believe everything he says. He wants you to believe every instruction given to follow. Your believe ( faith in God ) is what God requires of you after you.

3…..........…...God wants you after you have believed him to FOLLOW him

John 12:26. If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him.

Every parent want these children to follow the GOOD legacies you leave behind. No parent want their children to be a black sheep to the GOOD happenings in the family. In the same manner God ( your creator ) wants you after knowing of him to follow him in his ways. His ways are righteousness, Justice and mercy.

HOW TO CONNECT TO GOD

ACCEPT, BELIEVE AND FOLLOW JESUS.

John14:6
Jesus told him ' I am the way-
Yes, and the truth and the life. No one can GET to the father (GOD) except by means of me (JESUS ).

John14:1
Let not your heart be troubled. You are trust in God now trust in me ( JESUS ).

John15:23
Anyone that is hating me ( JESUS )
is hating the father (GOD)

Colossian 2: 10
So you have everything when you have christ and you are filled with GOD through your union with CHRIST. He is the highest RULER, with authority over every other power

/
GIGO: Garbage In Garbage Out.

You are only vomiting what you have been fed.

Every religion has her own list of what God wants.

So change your caption to "3 Major Things You Think God wants from Christians"

/
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by Tigson: 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2022
God wants u to pray dis prayer wit all sincerity of heart. Almighty God, i come to u in d name of Jesus Christ. U said in ur word dat if i believe with my hearth d Lord Jesus, dat he is Your son, He came n died for my sins, He has resurrected n is alive forever and if i confess Jesus as d lord of my life dat i i shall b saved. I announce Jesus as d lord of my life. By faith i recieve eternal life of God into my spirit. Thank u father for i am born again. I have victory over sin, death n satan. Glory to God, halleluia.
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by shinealight(m): 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2022
bigdammyj:
Noted.

All God want is for you to serve Him and love your neighbor as yourself, that's the only way to follow Jesus.

Quite right about loving your neighbour as yourself..….but how do we serve Him, the Almighty Creator….the Source of ALL?
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by BrodaAgbaya: 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2022
I really like this piece. I pray at one point, everyone of us experiences the peace of mind and love that comes with Knowing God.
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by madjune(m): 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2022
Nigerians should follow God Obediently from yesterday, today and forever.
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by EZUN1977(m): 3:28pm On Oct 02, 2022
Jesus is the son of God
Re: Three Major Things God Wants From You by Arkmanbuddy(m): 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2022
Truefaith:
God wants you to know what we call Christianity in Nigeria has got nothing to do with Him and His Son and Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ.

He wants you to wake up to the web of deception calling itself Christianity in Nigeria and to flee for your own soul.

Www.thetruechristianfaith.com

So, who are the real shepherds of faith then?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Is Victimizing Those That Don't Belong To His Religious Group - CAN Youth / Christianity In Nigeria: Irrelevance Looms / MFM POWER MUST CHANGE HANDS JUNE 2017 SERMON

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.