Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) (85575 Views)

RAF Typhoon Jets Intercept Russian Bombers Flying North Of Scotland / Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Uju Anya's Hateful Post On Queen Elizabeth II Death Condemned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
King3urna:

Guy rest na ehhh you no Dey tire
Righteousness2, no go rest until the whole world accept Jesus Christ as The king of kings and Lord of lords including you, in Jesus Name Amen tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Electorate: 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

It doesn't matter. The woman has no fault and I don't blame her for anything. The land you call home today, for forebears fought, killed and maimed others to hold that land down. The Queen is not a democrat. She was the leader of a kingdom, an empire. They don't smile. Everything they did, they did for the good of their kingdom first before considering others. That's how every kingdom was run in the days of old. You complain because your own kingdom was outgunned, outfought, outmaneuvered and then subsequently plundered. It's all part of the package.

Oyo empire, Benin empire, etc were warriors who also killed and plundered other empires. Don't be emotional about it. It's just how the world worked and still works. Your politicians are doing it to you now terrorising, stealing, and killing people via religious intolerance etc. The US is also doing it to the world. Russia is doing it to Ukrained and did it to Georgia. So long as the sun shines, people would always want to rule others.

It seems you know her very well to defend her, did you attend the same school?

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by tillaman(m): 4:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jonifi:
What are the snipers doing there?
oh they are there to spot newspaper vendors

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Oluwaseunomo: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
abbey621:

Oga queen did not oversee anything in the 1960s or 1970s by the 1900s the Queen had no military or policy powers, make una try dey read na, even if na simple search on Google instead of repeating same cynical crap passed on by your grandfathers.
Lol what do you expect, this are reasons buhari said Nigeria youth are lazy they can't read even the ones that read don't read to comprehend, see that one now go dey claim say him be graduate. Smh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Gospel2Day: 4:30pm On Sep 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

I am Igbo , we never fought anyone to claim any land ...even the Igbo empire NRI never fought anyone it was a religious empire

Arochukwu had the opportunity to conquer most president day akwa Ibom , rivers but never did

When ndoki founded bonny it was uninhabited ...when jaja founded opobo it was uninhabited

Igbos are not known to fight other people's land

Did Igbos just appear in South East Nigeria, or they migrated to their present location?
Do you have the history of what they did or where they settled before migrating to Nigeria? Don't be too sure your ancestors did not kill others in the past.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by shogsman(m): 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2022
otomatic:

Well said. I wonder how people pretend to be blind to this fact of life.
I use the word "pretend" because if the fortunes were reversed and their forebears were the conquerors, these same people would be feeling quite accomplished and proud of their heritage.
Even in today's world, might is right and only the strong survive. That is the reality of life and evolution.
All the tribalism we witness in our country today, is driven by this same quest for power and dominance and is a source of pride for some people.
Yet you see the same people calling for abolition of a people's monarchy while upholding and taking pride in their own.
They pretend not to know that our African empires were earned by war and plunder not by democratic negotiation.
They think our traditional rulers were elected instead of being from a stock of local warriors who plundered other peoples lands and resources.
How does your rant changes anything,are people not supposed to be mad at bastards that took Thier Fathers and mothers as slaves,killed and maimed them.
I hope someone tortures and kill your mother and your loved ones,let's see how happy you will be to talk about them in death.
Some of you are just WOKE for nothing

3 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Nobody: 4:37pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

It doesn't matter. The woman has no fault and I don't blame her for anything. The land you call home today, for forebears fought, killed and maimed others to hold that land down. The Queen is not a democrat. She was the leader of a kingdom, an empire. They don't smile. Everything they did, they did for the good of their kingdom first before considering others. That's how every kingdom was run in the days of old. You complain because your own kingdom was outgunned, outfought, outmaneuvered and then subsequently plundered. It's all part of the package.

Oyo empire, Benin empire, etc were warriors who also killed and plundered other empires. Don't be emotional about it. It's just how the world worked and still works. Your politicians are doing it to you now terrorising, stealing, and killing people via religious intolerance etc. The US is also doing it to the world. Russia is doing it to Ukrained and did it to Georgia. So long as the sun shines, people would always want to rule others.

Wow!!!

God bless you big for this raw truth Sir! This is exactly what I have been explaining to my people here who have been blaming the Queen and his forebears.

It's hypocrisy that a Bini man would blame the Brits and label Benin a great Empire. Same applies to Oyo, Arochukwu and the rest.

How did Benin grow from becoming a kingdom under the Ogisos to becoming an Empire? Did all the kingdoms that fell under Benin do that willing or was it by conquest? How did Usman Dan Fodio capture and conquer the Hausa city states? Who began selling and exchanging their kinsmen for common things like gunpowder, mirrors, combs, dry guns and the rest?

These are the questions a true historian should always ask himself to better judge history from the standpoint of truth.

Africans should let go of the past cause our ancestors did worse.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by nesphil(m): 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2022
Story for the gods.
You guys are known for twisting history to your favor,
so rest with your distorted and twisted history.
Between the Ibibios and the Aro, which tribe first arrived at that place
And when did the Efiks join the Aros to fight their Ibibio brothers

Thank God the Ibibios even left that good-for-nothing place and migrated further southwards into the promised land.
imagine how you are trying to claim Opobo to the Igbos in this present era of civilization undecided

it is on record that some Aro merchants Igbo of extraction and their mercenaries captured and sold many Ibibios and other groups as slaves to the Europeans.

Aro-Ibibio Wars: https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/Aro-Ibibio_Wars

mrvitalis:

Oh please go read your history ngwa towns has zero border with Ibibio maybe ndoki

Arochukwu fought Ibibio when the Ibibio king became over bearing not just aro ,Efik joined aro to defeat obibio

2 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Stevo35: 4:38pm On Sep 13, 2022
Those snippers are ready to send any idiot to hell.

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by walozanga(m): 4:39pm On Sep 13, 2022
SMGGroup:
So we are learning British history now, abi Explorers?

When will we start learning Nigerian history? Fear no go allow some people teach it to our children

U are right
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Lukuluku69(m): 4:41pm On Sep 13, 2022
BABANGBALI:
Omo if you see the gasket they want to use to bury the queen, death go dey hungry you. The gasket is very very beautiful

In a hurry to let us know that the Casket was beautiful, you allow autocorrect to spell Casket as Gasket for you! cheesy
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by OriOko88(m): 4:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
UK is rooted in culture. They share the same royal culture as the great yorubas. It seems it was Scotand that birthed the british monarchy. All the queen's important ritual rites take place in Edinburgh. The other rites in london are mere formalities.

Those Edinburgh buildings are old but still standing solid. That's masterpiece cool

3 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
The same colonial fvckers that cut out my ancestors from human development. When people were making discovery in physics, medicen, biology. Cars were produced, train built, aircrafts manufactured...your/my ancestors were slaves, were under forced labour & working day/night in various plantation camps.

Thanks to the Tokugawa Clan in Japan & Meiji Emperor that rejected these wereys when they came to Japan disguising as missionary workers, they rather promoted Confucianism & the Shinto religion.

Cc:
Musicwriter,
A40, &
Havertz10.

Musicwriter is right,
there's nothing good about colonialism.

Those that were not slaves and the slave dealers , what did they invent ?
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Oluwaseunomo: 4:44pm On Sep 13, 2022
shogsman:

How does your rant changes anything,are people not supposed to be mad at bastards that took Thier Fathers and mothers as slaves,killed and maimed them.
I hope someone tortures and kill your mother and your loved ones,let's see how happy you will be to talk about them in death.
Some of you are just WOKE for nothing
Lol your mumuness does not change the glory attributed to her royal majesty either, una go just open mouth talk which torture your forefathers too no sell your fellow kins men as slave too abi queen Elizabeth is the cause of that too, buckets load of atrocities committed by black people to black people una no see that one. Hatred kill una

2 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by leofab(f): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
mrvitalis:
did she speak against it or remained silent in agreement ?
she gave independence to all African countries..
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by OriOko88(m): 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
BABANGBALI:
Omo if you see the gasket they want to use to bury the queen, death go dey hungry you. The gasket is very very beautiful
No be only gasket..alternator too dey there cheesy
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

hmmm. This is deep

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by OriOko88(m): 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
Zimzy:
This crown is not for England it was also stolen from Africa as some people here are saying everything good in England was stolen.
No be only African,they also stole the one in ur village too. Seems you're blind to read the article. Dejo undecided

3 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

I am Igbo , we never fought anyone to claim any land ...even the Igbo empire NRI never fought anyone it was a religious empire

Arochukwu had the opportunity to conquer most president day akwa Ibom , rivers but never did

When ndoki founded bonny it was uninhabited ...when jaja founded opobo it was uninhabited
[s][s]
Igbos are not known to fight other people's[/s] land[/s]
lol
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Nobody: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

Igbos are not known to fight other people's land

grin grin grin

Oga please stop this! You're 100% WRONG! I am Igbo too and I'll tell you the truth.

NO TRIBE/PEOPLE/KINGDOM/NATION IS 100% HOMOGENEOUS. By virtue of the fact that humans are motile, it means that people migrate from different parts at some point in history to settle in their current locations.

You should go and read up the story of Arondizuogu in Imo so you can understand better.

My own clan migrated from somewhere and settled in her present location. In some years time, my clan dispossessed the original owners and claimed more land after the war. Some years later, the Aros (from Arochukwu came to settle) and my people disagreed. Battle ensued, my people formed and alliance with neighbouring 5 clans, an alliance which stands till today, and the Aros were defeated. Later on, the Aros came pleading because of the strategic position of my town to their trade and movement across Igboland, they begged to be taken as settlers and not indigenes. After much discussions and deliberations, they were given some parcels of land in the outskirts of 3 villages with the understanding that they would be integrated as kindreds in the villages but never allowed to form their own village because of the common fear in Igboland then about the Aros. These Aros are now indigenes of my clan today.

I'm just giving you a small rundown on our history so you can know that your/my/our forefathers fought and killed for the lands we have today.

4 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Patriotsleague: 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2022
Great spirit, warm, tenacious and devoted to nation and duty. A great ambassador for the monarchy she was.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by jehoha696(m): 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
See london police abi naw Scotland police with big tattoo for him head,this one christain dominated country,but for here....,i no talk b4 unknown gun men abi naw ungun known men with DSs clothin trace me cum GIGINYA BARRACKS i no fit shout
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by deltateam: 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
Explorers:
The Crown of Scotland was placed on Her Majesty's coffin in Edinburgh's St Giles Cathedral as her son King Charles and his siblings watched on.

The sombre moment was part of the service in the heart of the Scottish capital this afternoon.

Made from gold, silver and precious gems, the crown is the centrepiece of the Honours of Scotland which are the oldest Crown jewels in Britain and among the oldest in Europe.

The crown was made in its current form in 1540 for King James V of Scotland.

In its earliest form, the crown dates back to 1503, when it was depicted being worn by King James IV.

The Queen had herself held the crown in the same church, St Giles' Kirk just after her coronation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11204077/The-500-year-old-Crown-Scotland-placed-Majestys-coffin.html?ito=social-facebook

So Nigeria didn't send any delegation not even Brother Shaggi.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by jaxxy(m): 4:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
interesting
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jonifi:

They are frying beans undecided
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Phcmayor(m): 4:58pm On Sep 13, 2022
All these diamond � crown was stolen from Africa
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Voldoz: 5:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

Fact �
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Yankee101: 5:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
Scottish will want their own kingdom back
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Sleekfingers: 5:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jonifi:

For people like you who might want to kill king Charles 3
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Starz825(m): 5:05pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

God go bless you for this piece

Today, Biafra could have stood if the igbos won the war....so as Dem no win am Dem go go line up again
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by OBTMOS(m): 5:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
They preserved their culture na destroyed ours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ivanka Trump’s Bra-less Outfit At UNGA Grabs World Attention (Photos) / President Macron Attempted To Return The Slap Before His Security Intervened / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.