Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) (85577 Views)

RAF Typhoon Jets Intercept Russian Bombers Flying North Of Scotland / Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Uju Anya's Hateful Post On Queen Elizabeth II Death Condemned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Quintopia: 2:11am On Sep 14, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Kudos. It's heartwarming we still have mature, sensible adults around here.
People just thrash talk anything they don't understand. Everyone of us is standing on land our forebears fought to possess, often by dispossessing others. But because we have no documented history, we think we are not guilty of the same crime and evil.
Shalom.

If we ''have no documented history'', how do you know that your forbears 'dispossessed' others of anything?

Where did you get YOUR information?

Do you think that WAR was the only means of accessing and/or sharing land and resources among precolonial Africans?

How won't you think so when your colonised head knows absolutely nothing about African history?
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Tzar(m): 5:49am On Sep 14, 2022
I totally agree with the man plundering man part. But totally disagree with your position that Africa should forgive & FORGET the EVIL the British monarcy and empire did & is still doing to Africa.
As long as the OPPRESSOR claims the right to plunder by might, the OPPRESSED have a right not to forgive by hate. If Africa is not given restitution for the evil done to her she ought not to forgive.
Argentines still hate the British for the Falklands War til date, why can’t Africans?!
The ONLY tragedy here is that, unlike how America, India, and Hong Kong rose out of the British oppression strong, African leaders have replaced the British as the oppressors and plunderers of its people. I have an inclination to think that SLAVERY did something mentally to ALL Africans and this mental debasement has been passed from generation to generation becoming genetically programmed. How else can anyone do what Africa is doing to herself on a continental scale in spite of the vast human and material resources at her disposal?!

GreyLaw:

It doesn't matter. The woman has no fault and I don't blame her for anything. The land you call home today, for forebears fought, killed and maimed others to hold that land down. The Queen is not a democrat. She was the leader of a kingdom, an empire. They don't smile. Everything they did, they did for the good of their kingdom first before considering others. That's how every kingdom was run in the days of old. You complain because your own kingdom was outgunned, outfought, outmaneuvered and then subsequently plundered. It's all part of the package.

Oyo empire, Benin empire, etc were warriors who also killed and plundered other empires. Don't be emotional about it. It's just how the world worked and still works. Your politicians are doing it to you now terrorising, stealing, and killing people via religious intolerance etc. The US is also doing it to the world. Russia is doing it to Ukrained and did it to Georgia. So long as the sun shines, people would always want to rule others.

3 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by AlphaTaikun: 5:59am On Sep 14, 2022
Explorers:
The Crown of Scotland was placed on Her Majesty's coffin in Edinburgh's St Giles Cathedral as her son King Charles and his siblings watched on.

The sombre moment was part of the service in the heart of the Scottish capital this afternoon.

Made from gold, silver and precious gems, the crown is the centrepiece of the Honours of Scotland which are the oldest Crown jewels in Britain and among the oldest in Europe.

The crown was made in its current form in 1540 for King James V of Scotland.

In its earliest form, the crown dates back to 1503, when it was depicted being worn by King James IV.

The Queen had herself held the crown in the same church, St Giles' Kirk just after her coronation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11204077/The-500-year-old-Crown-Scotland-placed-Majestys-coffin.html?ito=social-facebook
That's an awesome aspect of medieval history!

Oduduwa's beaded crown which he wore is about 800 years and is still in existence. The pictures of his crown can be found on NL and elsewhere online. It is only displayed on special occassions by the Palace in Ife.

Oduduwa was the founder of the 3rd Ruling Dynasty in Ife, according to Ooni Enitan Ogunwusi in published interviews. There were many rulers and folks in Ife and other parts of Yorubaland before Odua came from his ancestral area in today's Ondo State to Ife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by SenatePresdo(m): 6:21am On Sep 14, 2022
GreyLaw:

It doesn't matter. The woman has no fault and I don't blame her for anything. The land you call home today, for forebears fought, killed and maimed others to hold that land down. The Queen is not a democrat. She was the leader of a kingdom, an empire. They don't smile. Everything they did, they did for the good of their kingdom first before considering others. That's how every kingdom was run in the days of old. You complain because your own kingdom was outgunned, outfought, outmaneuvered and then subsequently plundered. It's all part of the package.

Oyo empire, Benin empire, etc were warriors who also killed and plundered other empires. Don't be emotional about it. It's just how the world worked and still works. Your politicians are doing it to you now terrorising, stealing, and killing people via religious intolerance etc. The US is also doing it to the world. Russia is doing it to Ukrained and did it to Georgia. So long as the sun shines, people would always want to rule others.
Well said, it simply how the world works.
It's like that in the animal kingdom too, it's just the way of Nature.

But it's also logical for those conquered not to like who conquered them,
You wouldn't expect the Antelope to love the lion, simply because lions killing them is how nature works and not any fault of the lions.

Ukraine can't love Russia for what they are doing to them, regardless the fact that's its part of life.

So I understand how some Nigerians are feeling, and I don't blame anybody or asking anybody to change how they feel towards the British royals, neither do I blame the British royals either for their deeds.

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by fxexperts: 10:32am On Sep 14, 2022
mrvitalis:

I am Igbo , we never fought anyone to claim any land ...even the Igbo empire NRI never fought anyone it was a religious empire

Arochukwu had the opportunity to conquer most president day akwa Ibom , rivers but never did

When ndoki founded bonny it was uninhabited ...when jaja founded opobo it was uninhabited

Igbos are not known to fight other people's land
And who documented this history for you. Do we have any evidence pointing us to these fact. Or you are just spewing fairy tale stories your parents told you. I can equally say River Niger was uninhabited and never seen by anyone until Mungo Park Discovered it In 1796.

OkpaNsukkaisBae:
The same colonial fvckers that cut out my ancestors from human development. When people were making discovery in physics, medicen, biology. Cars were produced, train built, aircrafts manufactured...your/my ancestors were slaves, were under forced labour & working day/night in various plantation camps.

Thanks to the Tokugawa Clan in Japan & Meiji Emperor that rejected these wereys when they came to Japan disguising as missionary workers, they rather promoted Confucianism & the Shinto religion.

Cc:
Musicwriter,
A40, &
Havertz10.

Musicwriter is right,
there's nothing good about colonialism.
Actually that was the best thing that happened to your ancestors, because your ancestors were busy marrying plenty wife, fvcking around and giving birth the many children, they were busy killing themselves with the names of Amadioha and sango, they couldn't see past their next meal and sex. If any of our forefathers do any important discovery at that time, and he is not from the royal family or they chief priest family, Ezemo will declare him or her a witch and they will be stoned to death. Do you think Africans would have made any progress if the white man never came. be there deceiving yourself.

Tzar:
I totally agree with the man plundering man part. But totally disagree with your position that Africa should forgive & FORGET the EVIL the British monarcy and empire did & is still doing to Africa.
As long as the OPPRESSOR claims the right to plunder by might, the OPPRESSED have a right not to forgive by hate. If Africa is not given restitution for the evil done to her she ought not to forgive.
Argentines still hate the British for the Falklands War til date, why can’t Africans?!
The ONLY tragedy here is that, unlike how America, India, and Hong Kong rose out of the British oppression strong, African leaders have replaced the British as the oppressors and plunderers of its people. I have an inclination to think that SLAVERY did something mentally to ALL Africans and this mental debasement has been passed from generation to generation becoming genetically programmed. How else can anyone do what Africa is doing to herself on a continental scale in spite of the vast human and material resources at her disposal?!

Baba lets stop all these mental debasement talk. Africans forefathers were wicked with no heart even before the white men came. They have been selfish and only care about themselves nothing else, that is why they sold their brothers into slavery for things as little as a mirror. Do you even know that the Igbo's who are showing so much hatred today, were sacrificing their fellow brother just to worship their stupid gods. They still believe in the practice of OSU till date. and these OSU are Igbos ooo.. from the same village with them, and they still treat them as such. How can you explain your forefathers all of them without sympathy will gather just to kill innocents little twin babies there conscious didn't stop them. Or is it still the mental debasement from the colonial master that made them to be killing twin babies?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Tzar(m): 10:42am On Sep 14, 2022
Your response is partly correct. Africa need to seek forgiveness and restitution within herself for the evil that is self-inflicted.
However, because I don't treat myself well doesn't give another person the right to maltreat me.
Europe did Africa wrong, that is a fact. Let Europe redeem herself before seating on the high seat of morality and self-righteousness.
Also, Africa MUST sort herself out internally and stop being a Shit Hole Continent filled with evil and greedy people.

QTE
Baba lets stop all these mental debasement talk. Africans forefathers were wicked with no heart even before the white men came. They have been selfish and only care about themselves nothing else, that is why they sold their brothers into slavery for things as little as a mirror. Do you even know that the Igbo's who are showing so much hatred today, were sacrificing their fellow brother just to worship their stupid gods. They still believe in the practice of OSU till date. and these OSU are Igbos ooo.. from the same village with them, and they still treat them as such. How can you explain your forefathers all of them without sympathy will gather just to kill innocents little twin babies there conscious didn't stop them. Or is it still the mental debasement from the colonial master that made them to be killing twin babies?
UNQTE

fxexperts:
And who documented this history for you. Do we have any evidence pointing us to these fact. Or you are just spewing fairy tale stories your parents told you. I can equally say River Niger was uninhabited and never seen by anyone until Mungo Park Discovered it In 1796.

Actually that was the best thing that happened to your ancestors, because your ancestors were busy marrying plenty wife, fvcking around and giving birth the many children, they were busy killing themselves with the names of Amadioha and sango, they couldn't see past their next meal and sex. If any of our forefathers do any important discovery at that time, and he is not from the royal family or they chief priest family, Ezemo will declare him or her a witch and they will be stoned to death. Do you think Africans would have made any progress if the white man never came. be there deceiving yourself.

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by AlphaTaikun: 10:48am On Sep 14, 2022
Tzar:
The ONLY tragedy here is that, unlike how America, India, and Hong Kong rose out of the British oppression strong, African leaders have replaced the British as the oppressors and plunderers of its people. I have an inclination to think that SLAVERY did something mentally to ALL Africans and this mental debasement has been passed from generation to generation becoming genetically programmed.
How else can anyone do what Africa is doing to herself on a continental scale in spite of the vast human and material resources at her disposal?!
@Tzar,

The racist Argentines engaged in the systematic oppression and elimination of people of African decent over the years. Today you would think that Africans were never brought to that country in large numbers like in Brazil. I witnessed the events leading right up to the Falkland
Islands invasion in the 1980s. The
British have as much right to claim the Falklands. The ancestors of the Argentines also migrated from mainly Italy and later Germany.

Hong Kong was NEVER oppressed by the British. For those of us who were old enough when the British 100-year lease of HK from China ended, some Hong Kong citizens were worried and migrated to the U.K. because of fears over Chinese rule.

Even in America the many
Native-American tribes and enslaved Africans were the real people who were oppressed in America. The British colonists originally settled in the Eastern part of the original American colony and the British influence extended deeply into Canada.

India, yes there was oppression over issues such as salt mining rights which brought Mahatma Gandhi to prominence.

The Indian Sub-Continent quickly got independence after World War II.

1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Wuppdex: 11:50am On Sep 14, 2022
Hey gatekeeper, who leads and influence the cabinet ? Buhari was a good leader, blame the ministers for the sufferings and insecurity. Receive sense

Chaos14:
She really didn't do anything to africans it was her cabinet
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Wuppdex: 12:00pm On Sep 14, 2022
Why will those on the receiving end not be aggrieved, even if it's survival of the fittest as you claimed, the oppressed will never find joy in celebrating their oppressors, no matter how weak you are and your land and resources taken away from you, will you forgive and celebrate those who pillaged and brought misery upon your people. i guess not.

GreyLaw:

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Wuppdex: 12:05pm On Sep 14, 2022
Slave mentality and low self esteem, only this attribute categorically define a blackman of your calibre, no wonder you remained underdeveloped among races, Gatekeepers without an iota of dignity left in them.

Mercury12:

Omo u go explain tire

Some dumbos will still choose not to understand o.
Their sentimental set is just blinded by hatred thus it hard for them to reason logically.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Tzar(m): 12:29pm On Sep 14, 2022
I never said the Argentines never oppressed African slaves that left America. In fact, they brutally murdered blacks, while Brazil mostly accommodated the ex slaves from America.I am only talking about why Argentines despise the British.
On how Britain oppressed the Chinese in Hong Kong, Please read below:
Qte
During the First Opium War, China cedes the island of Hong Kong to the British with the signing of the Chuenpi Convention, an agreement seeking an end to the first Anglo-Chinese conflict.
In 1839, Britain invaded China to crush opposition to its interference in the country’s economic and political affairs. One of Britain’s first acts of the war was to occupy Hong Kong, a sparsely inhabited island off the coast of southeast China.
Unqte
https://www.history.com/.amp/this-day-in-history/hong-kong-ceded-to-the-british

I agree that the blacks and native were more oppressed than the whites in America. But American Independence was mainly because the British government kept over taxing the American colonists and set unacceptable rules for them.
Please ref below:

Why did the colonists fight the British?

The colonists fought the British because they wanted to be free from Britain. They fought the British because of unfair taxes. They fought because they didn't have self-government. When the American colonies formed, they were part of Britain. Britain increased taxes for colonists on things they bought and used every day, like tea. Many colonists were angry because no one represented their needs in the British government. Colonists believed they did not have self-government. The British forced colonists to allow British soldiers to sleep and eat in their homes. The colonists joined together to fight Britain and gain independence. They fought the War of Independence from 1775 to 1783. The colonies won the war. They created the United States.

https://americanhistory.si.edu/citizenship/learn/independence/61/learn

AlphaTaikun:

@Tzar,

The racist Argentines engaged in the systematic oppression and elimination of people of African decent over the years. Today you would think that Africans were never brought to that country in large numbers like in Brazil. I witnessed the events leading right up to the Falkland
Islands invasion in the 1980s. The
British have as much right to claim the Falklands. The ancestors of the Argentines also migrated from mainly Italy and later Germany.

Hong Kong was NEVER oppressed by the British. For those of us who were old enough when the British 100-year lease of HK from China ended, some Hong Kong citizens were worried and migrated to the U.K. because of fears over Chinese rule.

Even in America the many
Native-American tribes and enslaved Africans were the real people who were oppressed in America. The British colonists originally settled in the Eastern part of the original American colony and the British influence extended deeply into Canada.

India, yes there was oppression over issues such as salt mining rights which brought Mahatma Gandhi to prominence.

The Indian Sub-Continent quickly got independence after World War II.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Gospel2Day: 3:47pm On Sep 14, 2022
Quintopia:

If we ''have no documented history'', how do you know that your forbears 'dispossessed' others of anything?

Where did you get YOUR information?

Do you think that WAR was the only means of accessing and/or sharing land and resources among precolonial Africans?

How won't you think so when your colonised head knows absolutely nothing about African history?

Thanks for the insult.
No offense taken.
People are known by their words, whether they are couth, civilized and mature or not.
Shalom.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Gospel2Day: 3:51pm On Sep 14, 2022
truthCoder:

comprehension is not your strength.

bye

Communicating comprehension isn't your strength either, if you conclude that an 'A' student in English lacks comprehension capability.
What you think makes sense and is comprehensible may not be after all.
Bye.
Shalom.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by truthCoder: 6:27pm On Sep 14, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Communicating comprehension isn't your strength either, if you conclude that an 'A' student in English lacks comprehension capability.
What you think makes sense and is comprehensible may not be after all.
Bye.
Shalom.

Claiming that you had an 'A' in NECO does not matter here at all. What do you think I scored when I sat for proper WASSCE aka GCE in SS2? Does it even matter?

Try to read what you just wrote and decide if it is comprehensible, concise or even a proper use of the English language .

You are a good example of the serious drop in the educational standards of the current society. The simple fact that you gallivant in your ignorance scares me. You cannot read to comprehend and instead of trying to get better, you boast about your NECO scores?

Redo.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by PARADIZEPRIEST: 6:48pm On Sep 14, 2022
Austineolisa:
Hope they will give free visa for people all over the world to attend the queen's burial,..if i come back to this country make i bend
YOU DONT NEED BRITISH VISA IN NIGERIA,WHAT YOU NEED IS TO BRING BACK BRITAIN TO RECOLONIZE NIGERIA. NIGERIA HAS NOT GAINED ANYTHIN SUBSTANTIAL SINCE INDEP EXCEPT CROOKED LEADERSHIPS THAT BEDIVILED NIGERIA WITH RETROGRESSION SINCE 1966 angrycall spade a spade.If God wills,We wish King Charles makes an order that revokes Nigeria independence today. angry
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Gospel2Day: 9:57pm On Sep 14, 2022
truthCoder:

Claiming that you had an 'A' in NECO does not matter here at all. What do you think I scored when I sat for proper WASSCE aka GCE in SS2? Does it even matter?

Try to read what you just wrote and decide if it is comprehensible, concise or even a proper use of the English language .

You are a good example of the serious drop in the educational standards of the current society. The simple fact that you gallivant in your ignorance scares me. You cannot read to comprehend and instead of trying to get better, you boast about your NECO scores?

Redo.

When I sat for O'Level, NECO wasn't in existence at the time.
The funny way you jump to conclusions is childish
Be humble. Don't always assume that what you pen makes sense.
Improve your communication and relational skills.
Bye.

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by truthCoder: 10:39pm On Sep 14, 2022
Gospel2Day:

When I sat for O'Level, NECO wasn't in existence at the time.
The funny way you jump to conclusions is childish
Be humble. Don't always assume that what you pen makes sense.
Improve your communication and relational skills.
Bye.
LOL

NECO was established in 1999.

From your claims, you had your O levels at least 23 years ago.

Small argument on Nairaland, you don dey flash your secondary school result which is at least 23 years old. I am sure you feel like one village voltron. I am also sure this is not the first time you would flash that rubbish. This would definitely be your last.

Learn to read to comprehend. If you no understand, read am again.

Olodo rabata.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Gospel2Day: 3:20am On Sep 15, 2022
truthCoder:

LOL

NECO was established in 1999.

From your claims, you had your O levels at least 23 years ago.

Small argument on Nairaland, you don dey flash your secondary school result which is at least 23 years old. I am sure you feel like one village voltron. I am also sure this is not the first time you would flash that rubbish. This would definitely be your last.

Learn to read to comprehend. If you no understand, read am again.

Olodo rabata.

You keep doing same thing. It is more shocking that you sound to be Yoruba.
You obviously lack respect for people you have not met before?
I don't think it is because of your lack of home training.
If someone told you that NECO did not exist when he wrote WAEC that should give you an idea of his age.
Go and learn how to be couth and civilized in a public forum
You said I displayed my results. The very same thing you did about the fact that you sat for yours in SS2.
To you that's very okay a thing to do.
When arrogance meets ignorance the result is lack of self awareness and discourteousness towards those who are ahead both in age and education.
Your childishness is understandable.
Omode kole mo eko je ko ma ra lowo.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by truthCoder: 4:10am On Sep 15, 2022
Gospel2Day:

You keep doing same thing. It is more shocking that you sound to be Yoruba.
You obviously lack respect for people you have not met before?
I don't think it is because of your lack of home training.
If someone told you that NECO did not exist when he wrote WAEC that should give you an idea of his age.
Go and learn how to be couth and civilized in a public forum
You said I displayed my results. The very same thing you did about the fact that you sat for yours in SS2.
To you that's very okay a thing to do.
When arrogance meets ignorance the result is lack of self awareness and discourteousness towards those who are ahead both in age and education.
Your childishness is understandable.
Omode kole mo eko je ko ma ra lowo.
Shalom.

shut up.

you are talking about your age.

Sho mo age mi ni? grin grin grin

We dey tell you say you dey Bleep up, you dey talk wetin no concern us.

All those jagbanjantis dont matter and it is an embarrassment for someone like you to be referring to your 23 year old english score as credence to your comprehension skills, of which, you are seriously lacking.

You are a stubborn boy and 'word' no dey enter that your head.

Except they use chainsaw to open your skull and put all volumes of Brighter Grammar beside your brain cells, i doubt you would learn how to comprehend.

Mister A1 in fine arts, i hereby drop my golden pen back into the basket of love....
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Gospel2Day: 9:38am On Sep 15, 2022
truthCoder:

shut up.

you are talking about your age.

Sho mo age mi ni? grin grin grin

We dey tell you say you dey Bleep up, you dey talk wetin no concern us.

All those jagbanjantis dont matter and it is an embarrassment for someone like you to be referring to your 23 year old english score as credence to your comprehension skills, of which, you are seriously lacking.

You are a stubborn boy and 'word' no dey enter that your head.

Except they use chainsaw to open your skull and put all volumes of Brighter Grammar beside your brain cells, i doubt you would learn how to comprehend.

Mister A1 in fine arts, i hereby drop my golden pen back into the basket of love....

You can't separate a leopard from its spots.
Your words reveal your pugnacious personality.
I have to avoid you or you will infect me.
It's pointless continuing to reply you.
Bye.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Phcmayor(m): 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
truthCoder:

Before you open your mouth to embarrass yourself, where in Africa was the crown stolen from?

So your stupidity has gotten to this level mugu
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by truthCoder: 3:12pm On Sep 15, 2022
Phcmayor:

So your stupidity has gotten to this level mugu

Instead of you to roll back into your cave of ignorance, you still have the temerity to come here to insult?

Ok. I will assist you.

Where, when and how was the crown stolen from Africa?

Answer this question.

Don't insult. You still have hope.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by AlphaTaikun: 3:12am On Sep 16, 2022
Tzar:
I never said the Argentines never oppressed African slaves that left America. In fact, they brutally murdered blacks, while Brazil mostly accommodated the ex slaves from America.I am only talking about why Argentines despise the British.

On how Britain oppressed the Chinese in Hong Kong, Please read below:
Qte
During the First Opium War, China cedes the island of Hong Kong to the British with the signing of the Chuenpi Convention, an agreement seeking an end to the first Anglo-Chinese conflict.

In 1839, Britain invaded China to crush opposition to its interference in the country’s economic and political affairs. One of Britain’s first acts of the war was to occupy Hong Kong, a sparsely inhabited island off the coast of southeast China.
Unqte
https://www.history.com/.amp/this-day-in-history/hong-kong-ceded-to-the-british

I agree that the blacks and native were more oppressed than the whites in America. But American Independence was mainly because the British government kept over taxing the American colonists and set unacceptable rules for them.
Please ref below:

Why did the colonists fight the British?

The colonists fought the British because they wanted to be free from Britain. They fought the British because of unfair taxes. They fought because they didn't have self-government. When the American colonies formed, they were part of Britain. Britain increased taxes for colonists on things they bought and used every day, like tea. Many colonists were angry because no one represented their needs in the British government. Colonists believed they did not have self-government. The British forced colonists to allow British soldiers to sleep and eat in their homes. The colonists joined together to fight Britain and gain independence. They fought the War of Independence from 1775 to 1783. The colonies won the war. They created the United States.

https://americanhistory.si.edu/citizenship/learn/independence/61/learn

@Tzar, we're now on the same page with your mature feedback and insights.

All the best.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Phcmayor(m): 11:19am On Sep 16, 2022
truthCoder:

Instead of you to roll back into your cave of ignorance, you still have the temerity to come here to insult?

Ok. I will assist you.

Where, when and how was the crown stolen from Africa?

Answer this question.

Don't insult. You still have hope.

I don't trade words with fools
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by EngrKemp: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
VPN11:

Which history book you Dey read grin
Na di book of the nomadic Fulanis ?
DNA of Ndigbo ;cannot be distorted,by nomads for exploitation.

Where was Jaja of Opobo from?
Amaigbo, Nigeria
Jaja of Opobo / Place of birth

Amaigbo is a large town in Imo State, Nigeria. It is the headquarters of Nwangele Local Government Area. Amaigbo is regarded by many historians as the cradle of Igbo civilization. Bonny and Opobo are of the same origin, both associated with the Ndoki people. an Igbo subgroup. Jubo Jubogha rose from slavery to lead the Anna Pepple chieftaincy house of Bonny.

Jaja was the only Igbo amongst all the chiefs that left Bonny.
The sole reason he was fought against in Bonny for wanting to be chief was because he was Igbo and not ijaw.
He then left with other ijaw Supportets and chiefs to form Opobo opubo which is also an ijaw name.
Till death Jaja saw himself as ijaw and that is why his stool stands till date avvomodated by ijaws.

Jaja stool is an ijaw stool.

Stop twisting history

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by GreyLaw(m): 4:16am On Sep 18, 2022
mrvitalis:

I am Igbo , we never fought anyone to claim any land ...even the Igbo empire NRI never fought anyone it was a religious empire

Arochukwu had the opportunity to conquer most president day akwa Ibom , rivers but never did

When ndoki founded bonny it was uninhabited ...when jaja founded opobo it was uninhabited

Igbos are not known to fight other people's land

My brother, you are simply being sentimental and emotional about this subject matter. I am fully educated on the subject matter and we can have this discourse for as long as you want, but I want to put it to you that you and even our grand parents do not have the facts; I say this respectfully. There is no tribe in Nigeria that has documented (written) evidence of their existence for about 500 years. Not even one! And by documented evidence I am referring to writings and manuscripts written as the days and years rolled by. The Jews and other Middle Eastern nations have written evidences of their wars more than 4000 years ago. And these were written in real time!

All we have as tribes in Nigeria are stories written in the 1900s. How then do can you make such a blanket statement about the Igbo tribe?

God did not create you and domicile you in Africa, Nigeria, South East! Your forebears journeyed and fought their way to your current location.

I maintain my position that your empire was outfought, outmaneuvered, outgunned and subsequently plundered. Read the Bible, Koran, and other old texts of the Orientals, and you'll find out that wars, conquests and subsequent tributes were a norm in the then world.

Think again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ivanka Trump’s Bra-less Outfit At UNGA Grabs World Attention (Photos) / President Macron Attempted To Return The Slap Before His Security Intervened / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.