Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 AM

500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) (85573 Views)

RAF Typhoon Jets Intercept Russian Bombers Flying North Of Scotland / Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Uju Anya's Hateful Post On Queen Elizabeth II Death Condemned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Backlaw406(m): 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
dyera:

The US invaded several countries, but they still support those countries financially every year. They offer monetary support to these countries.

The problem is that, the UK is known to be adamant in their refusal to offer compensation to countries they plundered.

The fact is that, no matter how much America offers help to their colonies, she want let her colonies to compete with her in power. So if you are helping other in time of needs but you don't want them to rise in power like you, what is the benefit of the assistances?
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by otomatic(m): 6:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
shogsman:

How does your rant changes anything,are people not supposed to be mad at bastards that took Thier Fathers and mothers as slaves,killed and maimed them.
I hope someone tortures and kill your mother and your loved ones,let's see how happy you will be to talk about them in death.
Some of you are just WOKE for nothing

Ok. It's a rant alright. But I'm not being woke. My rant doesn't change anything , same as the people being mad cannot change anything. Have you dethroned your traditional ruler yet? Have you found out how the ruling house in your tribe came to be?
You do realise that the people who became slaves were raided and sold to the white men by other Africans, even their tribesmen, don't you? You may not even know that even Africans owned slaves. Enslavement was not an exclusive preserve of the whites.
Research you local history with these points and let's talk on the findings.
There is no need being sentimental.
You need some emotional intelligence.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Mrklemo(m): 6:48pm On Sep 13, 2022
christistruth01:

God and find proper Work

May God help you

Amen
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Victoria938(f): 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
Farewell Your Majesty,a truly wonderful lady you served your country well ❤❤
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by tafabaloo(m): 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
We too supposed steal this one come put am for our museum for national theatre. grin
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by A40(m): 7:39pm On Sep 13, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
The same colonial fvckers that cut out my ancestors from human development. When people were making discovery in physics, medicen, biology. Cars were produced, train built, aircrafts manufactured...your/my ancestors were slaves, were under forced labour & working day/night in various plantation camps.

Thanks to the Tokugawa Clan in Japan & Meiji Emperor that rejected these wereys when they came to Japan disguising as missionary workers, they rather promoted Confucianism & the Shinto religion.

Cc:
Musicwriter,
A40, &
Havertz10.

Musicwriter is right,
there's nothing good about colonialism.
Are you conflating slavery with colonialism?
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by legba1(m): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

It doesn't matter. The woman has no fault and I don't blame her for anything. The land you call home today, for forebears fought, killed and maimed others to hold that land down. The Queen is not a democrat. She was the leader of a kingdom, an empire. They don't smile. Everything they did, they did for the good of their kingdom first before considering others. That's how every kingdom was run in the days of old. You complain because your own kingdom was outgunned, outfought, outmaneuvered and then subsequently plundered. It's all part of the package.

Oyo empire, Benin empire, etc were warriors who also killed and plundered other empires. Don't be emotional about it. It's just how the world worked and still works. Your politicians are doing it to you now terrorising, stealing, and killing people via religious intolerance etc. The US is also doing it to the world. Russia is doing it to Ukrained and did it to Georgia. So long as the sun shines, people would always want to rule others.

You get time bros, politicians today are plundering their state common wealth with reckless abandoned today with no consequences. Ikpeazu et all comes to mind but the queen is central to ttheir grievance. . May be you all think the lands you called homes where never contested and fought for in time past. The foundations of cities ad towns where laid with the blood of people. The world still fight wars till today and same will still be tomorrow and the next.

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Mujtahida: 7:56pm On Sep 13, 2022
Emperordynasty:

Hard truths from an intelligent man, crying victim is being myopic,
Respect
They are not being myopic but deliberate. Victimhood is a potent tool for psycho-sociological manipulation. How dare you remonstrate with the victim. And so they keep wailing and crying and eventually go on to inflict even more devastating harm to others once they have what their quest is:power

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Mujtahida: 8:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
otomatic:

Ok. It's a rant alright. But I'm not being woke. My rant doesn't change anything , same as the people being mad cannot change anything. Have you dethroned your traditional ruler yet? Have you found out how the ruling house in your tribe came to be?
You do realise that the people who became slaves were raided and sold to the white men by other Africans, even their tribesmen, don't you? You may not even know that even Africans owned slaves. Enslavement was not an exclusive preserve of the whites.
Research you local history with these points and let's talk on the findings.
There is no need being sentimental.
You need some emotional intelligence.
Many do not know that Britain was the first nation in the world to make slavery illegal. This is remarkable given the long history of slavery and how normalized it had become in the old world where might was right.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by otomatic(m): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2022
Mujtahida:

Many do not know that Britain was the first nation in the world to make slavery illegal. This is remarkable given the long history of slavery and how normalized it had become in the old world where might was right.

Certainly. They don't even know that many of 5he prestigious houses in the riverine areas had slaves in the household. Even in some northern areas, the royalty there had slaves. And these were indigenous houses/families o.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Giftexx: 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2022
cool cool
GreyLaw:

It doesn't matter. The woman has no fault and I don't blame her for anything. The land you call home today, for forebears fought, killed and maimed others to hold that land down. The Queen is not a democrat. She was the leader of a kingdom, an empire. They don't smile. Everything they did, they did for the good of their kingdom first before considering others. That's how every kingdom was run in the days of old. You complain because your own kingdom was outgunned, outfought, outmaneuvered and then subsequently plundered. It's all part of the package.

Oyo empire, Benin empire, etc were warriors who also killed and plundered other empires. Don't be emotional about it. It's just how the world worked and still works. Your politicians are doing it to you now terrorising, stealing, and killing people via religious intolerance etc. The US is also doing it to the world. Russia is doing it to Ukrained and did it to Georgia. So long as the sun shines, people would always want to rule others.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Mujtahida: 8:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
otomatic:

Certainly. They don't even know that many of 5he prestigious houses in the riverine areas had slaves in the household. And these were indigenous houses/families o.
They didn't just have slaves, they actively participated in the slave trade. And then everyone has conveniently forgotten about the trans-saharan slave trade that thrived for almost a five hundred years before the trans Atlantic slave trade.

And then again the Arabs also carried out massive slave mercantilism in the East African slave trade.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Gospel2Day: 8:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
truthCoder:

let me give a small snippet...

Guns were already in use before the igbo nation was formed.

During the Aro-Ibibio wars, the Akpa clan (Ibom Isi from eastern cross river) came to help Eze Agu's clan with guns acquired from trade with Europeans. Eze Agu and his clan were settlers who planned a coup against the Ibibios that accommodated them.

It was after this war that the Arochukwu confederation was formed (around 1720).

Guns are NOT necessary to kill human beings.
Swords, spears and arrows have killed millions before the invention of guns.
I hope that info is helpful?
Good night.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by otomatic(m): 8:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
Mujtahida:

They didn't just have slaves, they actively participated in the slave trade. And then everyone has conveniently forgotten about the trans-saharan slave trade that thrived for almost a five hundred years before the trans Atlantic slave trade.

And then again the Arabs also carried out massive slave mercantilism in the East African slave trade.

They had sir. Unexported slaves were incorporated into those trading houses on a pseudo-kinship basis in some riverine areas. This pseudo-kinship allowed some of them to rise to prominence.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2022
otomatic:

Well said. I wonder how people pretend to be blind to this fact of life.
I use the word "pretend" because if the fortunes were reversed and their forebears were the conquerors, these same people would be feeling quite accomplished and proud of their heritage.
Even in today's world, might is right and only the strong survive. That is the reality of life and evolution.
All the tribalism we witness in our country today, is driven by this same quest for power and dominance and is a source of pride for some people.
Yet you see the same people calling for abolition of a people's monarchy while upholding and taking pride in their own.
They pretend not to know that our African empires were earned by war and plunder not by democratic negotiation.
They think our traditional rulers were elected instead of being from a stock of local warriors who plundered other peoples lands and resources.
And that’s what Bikoharam are doing. I don’t know why hypocritical Nigerians are complaining
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by able20(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

Sharp guy! But they are sharper than you sha. Hehehe
The British are sharper abi?
If that rituals and cultural rites during Burial is done in any Africa country, people will complain why are people still observing old traditions
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Mujtahida: 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
otomatic:

They had sir. Unexported slaves were incorporated into those trading houses on a pseudo-kinship basis in some riverine areas. This pseudo-kinship allowed some of them to rise to prominence.
I am in agreement with you. I'm only stretching their slaving activities beyond just ownership of slaves to trading them.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by truthCoder: 9:00pm On Sep 13, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Guns are NOT necessary to kill human beings.
Swords, spears and arrows have killed millions before the invention of guns.
I hope that info is helpful?
Good night.
Then you dont understand.

There were guns in south eastern Nigeria BEFORE the igbo nation existed.

If you know how recent guns got to Africa, you would then know how new the Igbo nation is.

Now if you still dont understand this, then your issues are more than comprehension.

I am still awake as it is not yet night in every part of the world.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by E2000: 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2022
The Indians should steal their diamond back assuming they are now as strong as UK.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Gospel2Day: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2022
truthCoder:

Then you dont understand.

There were guns in south eastern Nigeria BEFORE the igbo nation existed.

If you know how recent guns got to Africa, you would then know how new the Igbo nation is.

Now if you still dont understand this, then your issues are more than comprehension.

I am still awake as it is not yet night in every part of the world.

So your "new Igbo nation" has no ancient historical roots?
Did you people drop from the skies?
Go and research on who were the forebears of your new Igbo nation.
It's night here. That's what I care about.
What time of day it is at your end is not my worry.
Thanks.
Shalom.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by merits(m): 9:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
Austineolisa:
Hope they will give free visa for people all over the world to attend the queen's burial,..if i come back to this country make i bend

You are one of the reasons they will never give free visa to anyone to attend Queen's burial.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by otomatic(m): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2022
Mujtahida:

I am in agreement with you. I'm only stretching their slaving activities beyond just ownership of slaves to trading them.

Thank you.
I was actually thinking of Efik houses and Jaja of Opobo who was sold to a bonny trader and later a Chief of the Pepple House(not whitemen) when I wrote that.
I really enjoyed the discussion with you.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by truthCoder: 9:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
Gospel2Day:

So your "new Igbo nation" has no ancient historical roots?
Did you people drop from the skies?
Go and research on who were the forebears of your new Igbo nation.
It's night here. That's what I care about.
What time of day it is at your end is not my worry.
Thanks.
Shalom.

comprehension is not your strength.

bye
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by lookingfly: 9:49pm On Sep 13, 2022
Explorers:
The Crown of Scotland was placed on Her Majesty's coffin in Edinburgh's St Giles Cathedral as her son King Charles and his siblings watched on.

The sombre moment was part of the service in the heart of the Scottish capital this afternoon.

Made from gold, silver and precious gems, the crown is the centrepiece of the Honours of Scotland which are the oldest Crown jewels in Britain and among the oldest in Europe.

The crown was made in its current form in 1540 for King James V of Scotland.

In its earliest form, the crown dates back to 1503, when it was depicted being worn by King James IV.

The Queen had herself held the crown in the same church, St Giles' Kirk just after her coronation.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11204077/The-500-year-old-Crown-Scotland-placed-Majestys-coffin.html?ito=social-facebook
same crown who the wearer controls the giants from albion shocked
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

Aro never stole people they only resold people brought to them simple

grin grin I hope you can now see how easy it is to criticise others whilst being blind to your own sins. We can as well vindicate the queen of all atrocities, going by your very lame argument since she never came to Nigeria to kill igbos but only kept quiet while they were killed!
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
The way some stupid African children are carrying this woman matter for head as if she make impart in thier life and ancestors life

I don't understand

Someone that kept Africa in dark just like Putin said

British are the reason Nigeria is were it is today
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Olat4421: 12:15am On Sep 14, 2022
I believe dat crown was also colonised
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Olat4421: 12:27am On Sep 14, 2022
shogsman:

How does your rant changes anything,are people not supposed to be mad at bastards that took Thier Fathers and mothers as slaves,killed and maimed them.
I hope someone tortures and kill your mother and your loved ones,let's see how happy you will be to talk about them in death.
Some of you are just WOKE for nothing
god bless u . don't u see d way he was praising or actually defending the oppressor

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Olat4421: 12:42am On Sep 14, 2022
GreyLaw:

It doesn't matter. The woman has no fault and I don't blame her for anything. The land you call home today, for forebears fought, killed and maimed others to hold that land down. [sub][/sub]The Queen is not a democrat. She was the leader of a kingdom, an empire. They don't smile. Everything they did, they did for the good of their kingdom first before considering others. That's how every kingdom was run in the days of old. You complain because your own kingdom was outgunned, outfought, outmaneuvered and then subsequently plundered. It's all part of the package.

. Trash. dat is y we people will never get out from being opress. Just look at d way u are praising, defending or even finding excuse for d people who opress d others nd some are even backing ur trash.we can't continue like dis
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Nword223: 1:22am On Sep 14, 2022
GreyLaw:

Official slave, may she rot in hell. All the yeye parade and stolen African Diamond won't bring her back from the grip of Almighty death.

Kiss the truth.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Quintopia: 1:35am On Sep 14, 2022
GreyLaw:

SLAVE TALKING RUBBISH.

JUST ADMIT YOU ARE DROWNED IN RACIAL INFERIORITY COMPLEX AND SELF HATE.

THAT IS WHY YOU EXCUSE THE MASS MURDER, WHOLESALE THEFT AND BRIGANDAGE OF THE BRITISH AND THE WEST, WHICH IMPOVERISHED YOUR CONTINENT AND 4/5THS OF THE WORLD, TO ENRICH A TINY FEW WHITE ELITES.

WON'T YOU ALSO JUSTIFY THE HOLOCAUST AS WELL?

THE NAZIS SLAUGHTERED 6 MILLION JEWS.

NO BIG DEAL. AFTER ALL WE ALL KILL EACH OTHER EVERY DAY.

HITLER WASN'T EVIL. AFTER ALL OTHERS HAVE DONE SIMILAR.

THE JEWS THEMSELVES ALSO KILLED THE PALESTINIANS.

SO NO BIG DEAL.

NIGERIA SLAUGHTERED 2 MILLION IGBOS WITH BRITISH HELP. NO BIG DEAL. AFTER ALL, THESE THINGS HAPPEN ALL OVER THE WORLD EVERYDAY.

I CAN ALSO COME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND SLAUGHTER YOU, AND STEAL ALL YOUR MONEY AND JEWELRY ETC.

NO BIG DEAL, AFTER ALL PEOPLE HAVE ROBBED ONE ANOTHER FOR CENTURIES.

THIS IS HOW DEMENTED YOU WASTRELS ON THIS WEBSITE HAVE BECOME.

YOUR MORALS ARE IN THE GUTTER.

YET YOU EXPECT ''HONEST AND CLEAN LEADERS'' TO DROP FROM THE SKY.

WHAT A CONTRADICTION.

HOW CAN YOU HAVE HONEST LEADERS WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARE ROTTEN AND EVIL TO THE CORE WITH ZERO MORALS?

JUSTIFYING THE MASS MURDER OF YOUR OWN ANCESTORS BY EUROPEANS.

WITH THAT SICK MENTALITY, YOU DESERVE THE WORST LEADERS ON EARTH.

YOUR FOOLISHNESS AND BLINDNESS KNOW NO BOUNDS.

IGNORANT, STUPID SLAVES..
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Horus(m): 2:06am On Sep 14, 2022
Stolen from....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ivanka Trump’s Bra-less Outfit At UNGA Grabs World Attention (Photos) / President Macron Attempted To Return The Slap Before His Security Intervened / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.