Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,112 members, 7,811,127 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:07 AM

500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) (85568 Views)

RAF Typhoon Jets Intercept Russian Bombers Flying North Of Scotland / Queen Elizabeth II: Flight carrying coffin most tracked plane in history (Pix) / Uju Anya's Hateful Post On Queen Elizabeth II Death Condemned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by truthCoder: 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
Gospel2Day:

Did Igbos just appear in South East Nigeria, or they migrated to their present location?
Do you have the history of what they did or where they settled before migrating to Nigeria? Don't be too sure your ancestors did not kill others in the past.

let me give a small snippet...

Guns were already in use before the igbo nation was formed.

During the Aro-Ibibio wars, the Akpa clan (Ibom Isi from eastern cross river) came to help Eze Agu's clan with guns acquired from trade with Europeans. Eze Agu and his clan were settlers who planned a coup against the Ibibios that accommodated them.

It was after this war that the Arochukwu confederation was formed (around 1720).
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by josephevergreen(m): 5:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
Let them give nigerians free visa to attend the burial now...if i come back to wahala con3 make i bend.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by truthCoder: 5:12pm On Sep 13, 2022
Phcmayor:
All these diamond � crown was stolen from Africa

Before you open your mouth to embarrass yourself, where in Africa was the crown stolen from?

2 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 5:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
The same colonial fvckers that cut out my ancestors from human development. When people were making discovery in physics, medicen, biology. Cars were produced, train built, aircrafts manufactured...your/my ancestors were slaves, were under forced labour & working day/night in various plantation camps.

Thanks to the Tokugawa Clan in Japan & Meiji Emperor that rejected these wereys when they came to Japan disguising as missionary workers, they rather promoted Confucianism & the Shinto religion.

Cc:
Musicwriter,
A40, &
Havertz10.

Musicwriter is right,
there's nothing good about colonialism.
OK now wey dem don stop weting U don build?

3 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Voiceofthestree: 5:18pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

It doesn't matter. The woman has no fault and I don't blame her for anything. The land you call home today, for forebears fought, killed and maimed others to hold that land down. The Queen is not a democrat. She was the leader of a kingdom, an empire. They don't smile. Everything they did, they did for the good of their kingdom first before considering others. That's how every kingdom was run in the days of old. You complain because your own kingdom was outgunned, outfought, outmaneuvered and then subsequently plundered. It's all part of the package.

Oyo empire, Benin empire, etc were warriors who also killed and plundered other empires. Don't be emotional about it. It's just how the world worked and still works. Your politicians are doing it to you now terrorising, stealing, and killing people via religious intolerance etc. The US is also doing it to the world. Russia is doing it to Ukrained and did it to Georgia. So long as the sun shines, people would always want to rule others.

Same way Buhari Fulani herbmen boko harramn Apc, PDP, senators leaders are doing to Nigerians ??
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Magicz10: 5:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
Jonifi:
What are the snipers doing there?
Eating akara
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Backlaw406(m): 5:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

It doesn't matter. The woman has no fault and I don't blame her for anything. The land you call home today, for forebears fought, killed and maimed others to hold that land down. The Queen is not a democrat. She was the leader of a kingdom, an empire. They don't smile. Everything they did, they did for the good of their kingdom first before considering others. That's how every kingdom was run in the days of old. You complain because your own kingdom was outgunned, outfought, outmaneuvered and then subsequently plundered. It's all part of the package.

Oyo empire, Benin empire, etc were warriors who also killed and plundered other empires. Don't be emotional about it. It's just how the world worked and still works. Your politicians are doing it to you now terrorising, stealing, and killing people via religious intolerance etc. The US is also doing it to the world. Russia is doing it to Ukrained and did it to Georgia. So long as the sun shines, people would always want to rule others.

Well said, well explained. I always dey laugh at people's comment here put blame on Britain, especially the Queen Elizabeth as if they didn't read history of early human race. As if they don't know noting about survival of the fittest, as if they don't know that every human being want to have supremacy over each other. We generation of this advanced world should be happy because of fully civilization of this era, if not, you will just wake up one day and found yourself gone out of this world because of war and quest for dominance of the then era that was in order of the then era. But now being drastically reduced because of the word (humanity) that had been found in human race's dictionary due to civilization. I can bet my balls, if any African country had that supremacy power back then would also rule over powerless country at then. That's how the world is running, no country want the other country to equal her in power. No country want other country to compete with her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by nesphil(m): 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2022
You're a consummate liar undecided

You guys are infamous for twisting histories and skewing conclusIons to suit your narratives.

This is Wikipedia's history of the Aro-Ibibio war which took place between 1630 to 1902.
The record has it that the Ibibios arrived earlier and occupied that land and established the Ibom Kingdom before the Abriba people came and started their problems.

They eventually succeeded in pushing out the original occupiers of that land, and now own it.
History did not mention anywhere the Efik people supported you guys to fight against their own brothers.

Aro-Ibibio Wars: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aro-Ibibio_Wars

mrvitalis:

I am Igbo , we never fought anyone to claim any land ...even the Igbo empire NRI never fought anyone it was a religious empire

Arochukwu had the opportunity to conquer most president day akwa Ibom , rivers but never did

When ndoki founded bonny it was uninhabited ...when jaja founded opobo it was uninhabited

Igbos are not known to fight other people's land
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Emperordynasty: 5:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

Hard truths from an intelligent man, crying victim is being myopic,
Respect

5 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Mamijoh(f): 5:41pm On Sep 13, 2022
Austineolisa:
Hope they will give free visa for people all over the world to attend the queen's burial,..if i come back to this country make i bend
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Emperordynasty: 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2022
mrvitalis:

I am Igbo , we never fought anyone to claim any land ...even the Igbo empire NRI never fought anyone it was a religious empire

Arochukwu had the opportunity to conquer most president day akwa Ibom , rivers but never did

When ndoki founded bonny it was uninhabited ...when jaja founded opobo it was uninhabited

Igbos are not known to fight other people's land
How come they started the biafran war by killing The then prime minister and governor of the western region

It was the retaliation that led to the igbo porgum and subsequent civil war..why do you always skip this part of history

3 Likes

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by ImperialYoruba: 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

I shall rule as Supreme King over iboland one day. Insha Allah. grin
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Mrklemo(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
Pull a heist on that stuff.. You're made for life.

Hahaha... Na joke o
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 5:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
SMGGroup:
So we are learning British history now, abi Explorers?

When will we start learning Nigerian history? Fear no go allow some people teach it to our children
Nigeria doesn't have a history
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by CurrentSamuel(m): 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
Why are you telling us, to go and remove it
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by nesphil(m): 5:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
The Ibibios back then included the Anangs too, so that guy is right in his assertion.
Go and read history you'll see that back then the Anang people were all part of the Ibibios.

The Igbos fought and pushed the lbibios out of Aba enang lkot Ekpene, the same way they did in the present-Arochukwu.

mrvitalis:

Oh please go read your history ngwa towns has zero border with Ibibio maybe ndoki

Arochukwu fought Ibibio when the Ibibio king became over bearing not just aro ,Efik joined aro to defeat obibio
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Yoighaman(m): 5:50pm On Sep 13, 2022
SMGGroup:
So we are learning British history now, abi Explorers?

When will we start learning Nigerian history? Fear no go allow some people teach it to our children

The people you want to talk about in the history are still alive and many zombified morons will still vote for them.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Mrklemo(m): 5:51pm On Sep 13, 2022
The Mercedes that carried the coffin plate number is 4597.
Last weekend Coupon draws, 7 & 9 played as draw.
The Mercedes left Balmoral on Sunday.
I saw it late on tv.

This weekend i am staking whichever team that is on 7, 9, 45 as draw on Bet9ja.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by lakezone67(m): 5:53pm On Sep 13, 2022
Righteousness2:
Beautiful! Lovely ,and exquisite Earthly royalty at its Peak.
But let no one Deceive you, all these are vanity because N.aked she came into the world and N.aked she has gone.

Not a pin or a fin is taken away from here.
Infact what is in that box is dust. The queen is long gone to Eternity in Heaven or Hell based on who she Belived and live for.

If she made peace with JESUS before her death, it does not matter what you think or say about her, she is In Heaven now.
If she didn't make peace with JESUS Christ , she is right now burning in hell.

For us who are alive, What really Matters now and Eternity is the Genuie Salvation of our soul. It is only possible through JESUS CHRIST.

Already in heaven or burning before the judgement day? I thought they are resting now until the judgement day when they shall rise, I may be mistaken please enlighten me
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by VPN11(m): 5:57pm On Sep 13, 2022
EngrKemp:

Ndoki and Opobo are not igbos but ijaws

Which history book you Dey read grin
Na di book of the nomadic Fulanis ?
DNA of Ndigbo ;cannot be distorted,by nomads for exploitation.

Where was Jaja of Opobo from?
Amaigbo, Nigeria
Jaja of Opobo / Place of birth

Amaigbo is a large town in Imo State, Nigeria. It is the headquarters of Nwangele Local Government Area. Amaigbo is regarded by many historians as the cradle of Igbo civilization. Bonny and Opobo are of the same origin, both associated with the Ndoki people. an Igbo subgroup. Jubo Jubogha rose from slavery to lead the Anna Pepple chieftaincy house of Bonny.

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by King3urna(m): 6:01pm On Sep 13, 2022
AngelicBeing:
Righteousness2, no go rest until the whole world accept Jesus Christ as The king of kings and Lord of lords including you, in Jesus Name Amen tongue

You go old oga
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by dfrost: 6:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
NwaMamaIwota:
I love guns too kiss

we're meant for each other kiss

That means you will definitely love the M4 Carbine camouflaged cheesy
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 6:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
GreyLaw:

Don’t waste your breath. Most people here are dumb.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by nickyj19: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
I can't even find a black American or any black skin in all the picture since the Queen passed away lipsrsealed
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by christistruth01: 6:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
They said the Scottish Monarchy 843 AD is even older that the English one 1066AD
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by dyera(m): 6:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
Righteousness2:
Beautiful! Lovely ,and exquisite Earthly royalty at its Peak.
But let no one Deceive you, all these are vanity because N.aked she came into the world and N.aked she has gone.

Not a pin or a fin is taken away from here.
Infact what is in that box is dust. The queen is long gone to Eternity in Heaven or Hell based on who she Belived and live for.

If she made peace with JESUS before her death, it does not matter what you think or say about her, she is In Heaven now.
If she didn't make peace with JESUS Christ , she is right now burning in hell.

For us who are alive, What really Matters now and Eternity is the Genuie Salvation of our soul. It is only possible through JESUS CHRIST.

Who told you the queen is going to be buried naked.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by brainhgeek(m): 6:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
... eventually,all of these will end with 'dust to dust'
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by christistruth01: 6:17pm On Sep 13, 2022
Mrklemo:
The Mercedes that carried the coffin plate number is 4597.
Last weekend Coupon draws, 7 & 9 played as draw.
The Mercedes left Balmoral on Sunday.
I saw it late on tv.

This weekend i am staking whichever team that is on 7, 9, 45 as draw on Bet9ja.

God and find proper Work

May God help you

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by dyera(m): 6:24pm On Sep 13, 2022
Backlaw406:

Well said, well explained. I always dey laugh at people's comment here put blame on Britain, especially the Queen Elizabeth as if they didn't read history of early human race. As if they don't know noting about survival of the fittest, as if they don't know that every human being want to have supremacy over each other. We generation of this advanced world should be happy because of fully civilization of this era, if not, you will just wake up one day and found yourself gone out of this world because of war and quest for dominance of the then era that was in order of the then era. But now being drastically reduced because of the word (humanity) that had been found in human race's dictionary due to civilization. I can bet my balls, if any African country had that supremacy power back then would also rule over powerless country at then. That's how the world is running, no country want the other country to equal her in power. No country want other country to compete with her.

The US invaded several countries, but they still support those countries financially every year. They offer monetary support to these countries.

The problem is that, the UK is known to be adamant in their refusal to offer compensation to countries they plundered.
Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by everythinggirly(f): 6:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
This funeral is going to be massive, a history that will never be forgotten.

1 Like

Re: 500-Year-Old Crown Of Scotland Placed On Queen Elizabeth's Coffin (Photos) by Germi9: 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
I came here for the Diamonds, where are the Diamonds!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ivanka Trump’s Bra-less Outfit At UNGA Grabs World Attention (Photos) / President Macron Attempted To Return The Slap Before His Security Intervened / Thousands Rally In US Against Coronavirus Lockdown Restrictions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.