Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,903 members, 7,810,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:38 AM

Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians (15827 Views)

PFN To Nigerians: Vote Competence, Not Religion / Aisha Yesufu: For Competence, Equity, Kwankwaso Should’ve Been Obi’s Deputy / Bello Muhammed: Dei-Dei Market Violence Was Not Motivated By Religion/Ethnicity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by derecho(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2022
You just said yourself he's not a saint. Watch the video again, the guy was
so miffed with such a tribalistic approach by Tinubu.
Tinubu and his slaves have continually used this onslaught.Labelling any Omoluabi who supports PO a bastard.
PO has ignored him for long.
Don't forget, he's human and only an omoale ti kii binu.

PO,from my personal observation, is genuine and hates politics of exclusion.
Apart from knowing PO has a Divine Backing, I have done a thorough research about him.
On one occasion, his kinsmen came to him when he was governor, thinking he'd favor them, he reminded them that he is the governor of the whole state and no a their village Governor.

MonsieurX:

I dislike Tinubu more than you despite being from my region, he is obviously and visibly corrupt, just like Atiku. I also don't think Obi is a saint but seems like the better option amongst the 3.

What I said earlier about him remains the same. He stooped too low and I know well meaning Nigerians may think twice before voting for him... You don't involve yourself in tribalistic sentiments and try to win a diverse country, it was foolish of him.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Devil1Messenger: 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
5iine:
He didn't call name o grin

Just vote wisely
Lolzz
Ordinary vote wisely oo
See tinubu urchins up here shouting and crying upandan grin

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by ChukwuObe: 10:10pm On Sep 13, 2022
NwaNimo1:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/vote-for-competence-not-religion-ethnicity-obi-tells-nigerians/

The same thief that could solve the issue with the doctors of his state and allowed them to go on strike for more than one year can only lecture his people who are dumbest in the world. ASUU wnet on strke in his state for 6 months. If not Nigeria, how can a man that failed like that be talking to people with lies and fake statistics.

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Skty: 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
plusfield:

So in 8years, he would lift a state created in 1991 to the level of a state that became a British colony (while the rest of Nigeria were protectorate) in 1851, became fct from 1960 till 1991? In just 8years. If you want to compare what he did in Anambra, compare his state to the likes of Osun state that was created the same day with his.
And why do you guys keep lying that Peter Obi lives in lagos. He lives in GRA onitsha. Everyone in his neighbourhood knows his house and see him go for early morning jogging. Why do you guys like lying against this man

The state is even the worse place to live on Earth. Save your precious strength and ignore the lad...

2 Likes

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Devil1Messenger: 10:11pm On Sep 13, 2022
Throwback:
Peter Obi, do you even know the manifesto of the Labour Party whose ticket you usurped?

Is that ticket given to you not by connection?

Did you merit it or worked for it when you only joined the party a few days earlier?

Hypocrisy is baffling.
Oga why u dey cry na?
Lolzz
He only said vote wisely

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by adiori0303: 10:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
How competent did u perform for tge 8 years as governor o.
Make we ask,abeg just forget go and verify

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by newnigerdelta00: 10:13pm On Sep 13, 2022

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by SmilingImabong: 10:13pm On Sep 13, 2022
How much be price of custard Garri for your area?

Make we pray to see tomorrow first and thank God Almighty for the day and the rest of our lives.

2023 Election Garri go still dey rise.

Vote wisely.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Cyberterror: 10:14pm On Sep 13, 2022
See who is talking of competence grin

Clown who thinks Presidency is about spewing lies and fake Chinese data.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2022
GoooodHardDick:
That's what I'm talking about.

Remove religion remove ethnicity

Tell me one reason why I should vote Tinubu or Atiku over Obi?

Just one, I'm waiting
Oga, hear the plain truth now.
Both religion and ethnicity plays vital role in 9ja electioneering process.

Show me Obi achievements in Anambra while I show you that of Tinubu for Lag.
Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Tareq1105: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2022
Benz4pimp:
OBi is yet to condemn attacks in the east!!!is that not enough?few days ago people were killed in anambra by the unknown or is he deaf or blind to that?

Obi would not talk, he's a pretender and very slippery. I pity his gullible supporters.

I'll go for Tinubu even if he's a confirmed thief anytime anyday bcoz he knows what to do than a pretender and serial liar who doesn't know where he's going.

A driver that keeps part of fuel money and drives well even to safety is preferable to a driver that utilize full money for fuel but drives recklessly to kill his boss in accident.
Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Devil1Messenger: 10:19pm On Sep 13, 2022
MonsieurX:

He is faulting himself already. The last TV interview where he started showing supposed chats from Tinubu's group is a disgrace to say the least. How can a presidential candidate get caught discussing tribal issues? He lost every ounce of respect I had for him.
Lolzz
Eyah
Shey ur respect done baff?
NLC done give us order to vote him and so shall it be

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Lolzz
Eyah
Shey ur respect done baff?
NLC done give us order to vote him and so shall it be

Keep insulting people. Hopefully only Igbo votes will make him the president. undecided

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Devil1Messenger: 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2022
MonsieurX:

I dislike Tinubu more than you despite being from my region, he is obviously and visibly corrupt, just like Atiku. I also don't think Obi is a saint but seems like the better option amongst the 3.

What I said earlier about him remains the same. He stooped too low and I know well meaning Nigerians may think twice before voting for him... You don't involve yourself in tribalistic sentiments and try to win a diverse country, it was foolish of him.
Story
Tinubu that said we will labour in vain nkor?
That was the lowest of lows

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 13, 2022
plusfield:

Okay, dont vote him because you have not seen his condemnation of the attack that he put out since yesterday. But feel free to vote the man that formed boko haram. Dont start crying again when the army is told by Aso Rock and 'presidency' to stand down as boko haram and fulani bandits attack your community.
You people should continue digging into destruction, thinking its Obi you're doing.
Are you aware that Atiku cant go to half of the LGAs in his home state adamawa becausethey are under the control of terrorists? But nobody is dragging him for that or asking him to condemn their actions. I can only pray that many of you remove tribalism and hate and analyse things objectively before we lose Nigeria forever
please show me the link to where he did condemn the attacks….
Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Dcaliphate(m): 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
Throwback:

Peter Obi you are a chameleon who cannot be trusted.

You are the one running helter skelter to religious worship houses looking for signs and wonders, yet downplaying religion that you project so fiercely.

Your Labour Party ticket is by connection.

You don't even know the party manifesto.

You are a desperate political prostitute who is a placeholder for a Mauritanian Fulani who wants to execute genocide on gays and lesbians like Doyin Okupe's son and Prof. Uju Anya.

Where was your voice and presence during the EndSARS protest by Nigerian youths?

We Nigerian youths will not be decieved by a typical politician that changed party at the 11th hour to avoid failure.
Thunder fire you. Rot in hell Tinubu urchins

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
derecho:
You just said yourself he's not a saint. Watch the video again, the guy was
so miffed with such a tribalistic approach by Tinubu.
Tinubu and his slaves have continually used this onslaught.Labelling any Omoluabi who supports PO a bastard.
PO has ignored him for long.
Don't forget, he's human and only an omoale ti kii binu.

PO,from my personal observation, is genuine and hates politics of exclusion.
Apart from knowing PO has a Divine Backing, I have done a thorough research about him.
On one occasion, his kinsmen came to him when he was governor, thinking he'd favor them, he reminded them that he is the governor of the whole state and no a their village Governor.

If you check PO WhatsApp groups, I am sure you will find many disturbing and tribalistic things there as well. We don't even know if the member who wrote that in the Tinubu group wasn't a spy, cos that's very possible.

As a presidential candidate however, Obi was clearly wrong to have done what he did. He is just dividing his supporters and giving people the notion that he is more of an ethnic champion than a national candidate.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by lekanation(m): 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2022
Betanaija42moro:
2023 is a crossroad for every Nigerian youth

A crossroad from consumption to production economy.

Vote wisely, we can't continue to suffer in the hands of the old corrupt politicians.
If I may ask who's the new crop
Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 13, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Story
Tinubu that said we will labour in vain nkor?
That was the lowest of lows

Bro, I am only here for intelligent debates, not to give a damn about Tinubu, Atiku or Obi...
Personally I was thinking of voting for Obi as he seems like the lesser of the 3 evils, but his divisive comment was very wrong. He has no business nose-diving into WhatsApp group chats, anyone could have written that, including his supporters.
Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2022
Benz4pimp:
please show me the link to where he did condemn the attacks….

I will. But if I do, will you support him?

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Devil1Messenger: 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
MonsieurX:

Keep insulting people. Hopefully only Igbo votes will make him the president. undecided
Lolzz
Ur papa
I be delta boy
Born and brought up in Lagos
So i be full time lagosian more than any of u
U nor dey see other countries presidents?
Abi u nor dey watch foreign news?
How we go move from mannequin buhari for 8years to another mannequin.
Please o
Na Obi I dey vote
I want to be able to watch TV and hit my chest that, that is my president speaking. Not someone that will be speaking in parables on national TV grin
And telling me how Agbado is the best lunch ever shocked
Shame nor dey catch una?

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by adolfHitler1934: 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2022
Dailymice:
As a Muslim from the South West, I rather vote Tinubu than Obi cause suffering can never tire me. I and my generation will forever show servitude to Agbado master
Do what you have to do because it's in the DNA of your tribe.
People from the Westminster are very tribalistic and betrayals. They're not supporting Agbado because he is physically and mentally capable but because he is our tribesman. Their tribal sentiments even extends to the pentecostal churches they head.

I'm not Igbo and also not a supporter of Peter Obi but i want a better Nigeria. I'll rather vote Obi,Atiku or Kwankwaso than vote a quater to quench somebody.

Don't quote me if you don't have any reasonable thing to say, please.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Musauzor(m): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
Just vote wisely and the supporters of Bola BATstard Tribulation are trying to commit suicide. Bola BATstard Tribulation ( this is his real name) will be hugely disappointed by the northerners. He will struggle to get 50% of the votes in Lagos State

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by diplomat058(m): 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2022
Because BAT is a proven achiever with results to show for it. Tell me one single pandora legacy that has been sustained till date grin
GoooodHardDick:
That's what I'm talking about.

Remove religion remove ethnicity

Tell me one reason why I should vote Tinubu or Atiku over Obi?

Just one, I'm waiting

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 13, 2022
Devil1Messenger:

Lolzz
Ur papa
I be delta boy
Born and brought up in Lagos
So i be full time lagosian more than any of u
U nor dey see other countries presidents?
Abi u nor dey watch foreign news?
How we go move from mannequin buhari for 8years to another mannequin.
Please o
Na Obi I dey vote
I want to be able to watch TV and hit my chest that, that is my president speaking. Not someone that will be speaking in parables on national TV grin
And telling me how Agbado is the best lunch ever shocked
Shame nor dey catch una?

It's easy to spot brainwashed kids without home training like you. I'm done replying you. Whatsoever you wish for your destiny, keep writing them like you wrote the above.
Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by derecho(m): 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
I disagree that he was wrong.
Why in the first place should Tinubu be playing the ethnic card?
He started the religious thing too with PYO and got away with it.

People are just overreacting and making a mountain out of a molehill.
Tinubu can deny all he can but we know he's not saying the truth.
In the first place PO never said he'd build those stuffs why the barrage of lies against him?
PO has been civil and cautioned his supporters BUT for him to react that way, he knows something.

MonsieurX:

If you check PO WhatsApp groups, I am sure you will find many disturbing and tribalistic things there as well. We don't even know if the member who wrote that in the Tinubu group wasn't a spy, cos that's very possible.

As a presidential candidate however, Obi was clearly wrong to have done what he did. He is just dividing his supporters and giving people the notion that he is more of an ethnic champion than a national candidate.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:40pm On Sep 13, 2022
plusfield:

I will. But if I do, will you support him?
no!!the present governor of anambra as started coming out with facts that OBi claimed he did which are lies….one thing I have studied about OBi is that obino that governed after him refused to say a word about his claims whether right or wrong!!!I would rather vote a liar than a pretender.if I vote a liar,I will not expect anything from him but with a pretender,my hopes will be high
Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2022
derecho:
I disagree that he was wrong.
Why in the first place should Tinubu be playing the ethnic card?
He started the religious thing too with PYO and got away with it.

People are just overreacting and making a mountain out of a molehill.
Tinubu can deny all he can but we know he's not saying the truth.
In the first place PO never said he'd build those stuffs why the barrage of lies against him?
PO has been civil and cautioned his supporters BUT for him to react that way, he knows something.

I didn't bother reading beyond the first line and you're entitled to your own opinion. Let's all vote with our conscience in 2023. Good luck and good night.
Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by derecho(m): 10:46pm On Sep 13, 2022
I deliberately wrote the first line friend.
He hasn't done anything wrong.
MonsieurX:

I didn't bother reading beyond the first line and you're entitled to your own opinion. Let's all vote with our conscience in 2023. Good luck and good night.

1 Like

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Devil1Messenger: 10:47pm On Sep 13, 2022
MonsieurX:

Bro, I am only here for intelligent debates, not to give a damn about Tinubu, Atiku or Obi...
Personally I was thinking of voting for Obi as he seems like the lesser of the 3 evils, but his divisive comment was very wrong. He has no business nose-diving into WhatsApp group chats, anyone could have written that, including his supporters.
Baba u lied
Na tinubu dey ur mind b4
Peter Obi had done nothing compared to the other two
Imagine deleting a post because u were threaten that u won't get votes from them(atiku on late Deborah)
Imagine telling people to go and labour in vain?
Tinubu supporters brought tribalism into this election.
Obi is constantly link to IPOB on daily basis simply because his from that region.
Nobody is linking atiku to boko haram or bandits despite a picture of him with terrorist negotiator or Tinubu to sunday igboho oduduwa republic.
Everyday u come to nairaland and post is made about Obi, u won't read upto 5comments without 3 calling him IPOB, or all sorts of names.
So rest

3 Likes

Re: Vote For Competence Not Religion, Ethnicity: Obi Tells Nigerians by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 13, 2022
Benz4pimp:
no!!the present governor of anambra as started coming out with facts that OBi claimed he did which are lies….one thing I have studied about OBi is that obino that governed after him refused to say a word about his claims whether right or wrong!!!I would rather vote a liar than a pretender.if I vote a liar,I will not expect anything from him but with a pretender,my hopes will be high

Can you show some of these things you claim obiano said about him. Obi is not perfect and is not a saint, but any yardstick brought up by you guys, obi still beats Tinubu and Atiku.
One kid came on another page and said he wont vote Obi cos he said he wont defect from apga but did to pdp. I now showed him how Atiku defected from pdp to acn to pdp to apc to pdp and in each defection he called it his last. Showed him how Tinubu begged afenifere for AD ticket and when he won on it, he turned their party to his personal ac (a master of converting public things to his private).
Another one claimed he wont ever support him because he invested state funds in family business. Though it has since been debunked as lie, but let's assume it's true, who reaps the dividends of the investment today? It's the successive state govts and not Obi. Then compare him with Tinubu who would build a project with state funds and then convert to his personal property. He would expand a road with state funds and then toll it to his personal pocket. Or is it the clinic he equipped in lasuth and then converted to a personal property being manned by his brother till date. Or is it Atiku who sold national assets to cronies at give away price.
There is really no standard you guys will bring that Obi isn't better, but bigotry and hate wont let you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senate Asks Jonathan To Revert Petrol Pump Price To N65 / Abia State Government Special Announcement On Salaries And Pensions / Akin Ogunbiyi Rejects Osun Pdp Primary Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.