Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,507 members, 7,816,228 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

My Husband Raped Me. - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Raped Me. (53059 Views)

Lasizwe Dambuza: Pastor Timothy Omotoso Raped Me / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court / "Oryina Orvaa @OryinaDegreat Kidnapped & Raped Me" - Liz @abbyollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Nobody: 12:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Most women fall for victim of no sex until marriage but forgetting to ask about his fiances sex drive and how he accommodate rejection when he or she initiate for lovemaking, things that needed to be done before you accept him/her as your spouce are not properly checkmate before saying "I DO" on the alter. Well most story I hear no give women room to fully see such thing as rape because our parents made us understand that there's nothing like rape in marriage, but the honest truth is There's an act of rape if one say I m not in the mood for intercourse.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by babtoundey(m): 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

rape, unlawful sexual activity, most often involving sexual intercourse

Good luck proving it in a Law court that your Legally married Husband with right to Conjugal rights had "unlawful" sex with you

This your definition of rape get as he be. There are many "unlawful sexual intercourse" that cannot in anyway be regarded as rape. So, you got it wrong right from your understanding of the word "rape".
Rape is a non-consensual intercourse. So, ot doesn't matter whether you have the legal right to the person's body or not. As long as you force, coerce, threaten or intimidated the person to have sex with you through whatever means, then you have raped the person.

So,you can actually rape your wife.
While an agreement between a married man and a prostitute to make out can unlawful but still has nothing to do with rape.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Flows001(m): 12:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

Have seen lot if conviction of rape in marriage..
I go compiled them send for you.
In NIGERIA?
Every country has its own sovereign Laws..
But as far as Nigeria Law is concerned, no man can be convicted of rape against his own legally married wife..
Take it or leave it..

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by CADA: 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
Defined by who You are obviously hallucinating
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Onyinyechiugly1(f): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
E go be
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by pappilo(m): 12:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
Spousal rape isn't illegal in Ghana, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Lesotho, Nigeria, Oman, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Tanzania.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Hannaleeyah(f): 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
virginprincess:
My dear me sef shock,this has prove to me that not all nairaland males are actually bad some just want to belong to avoid being called a simp by their fellow men here.

I'm shocked here as well, at least we still have some sensible ones
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by CADA: 12:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
You're quoting Wikipediathat anyone can easily edit.. you people should think globbaly and act locally.
Some laws are not valid here no matter how global the world may get.
jeromestarks:

You're a chicken.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent. - Wikipedia.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

Marriage definition by law

Marriage is the legal union of a couple as spouses. The basic elements of a marriage are: (1) the parties' legal ability to marry each other, (2) mutual consent of the parties, and (3) a marriage contract as required by law.

See? This your 'Marriage definition by law' is why even if you caught someone murdering another in our court they don't get immediate judgement because everything in our law has rigged the simple sense out of every issue. With your point 1 - 3 now, you can rape in marriage by law and you cannot rape in marriage by law. All that you need is a lawyer sound enouh to get you justice or help you deny another. Dia ris god ooooo!!! No wonder some say Boko haram ( Western education is forbidden), probably because they couldn't make sense of our laws.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Landkoluwaseun: 1:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
The word rape turn me off, the day my wife tell me I rape her that is the end or how will I rape my wife, i can't imagine that at all
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Coolguy34(m): 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
If e say e rape you e rape you be that na,

And to the mod wea ban me
I swear you go see heaven you no go enter
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Hannaleeyah(f): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2022
Clearly this is a question some men have. "How can it be rape if she’s my wife?"

Believe me, from experience, marital rape has levels of pain and betrayal beyond what most couples can imagine. In my opinion it is a deeper betrayal than a stranger rape

I understand a woman shouldn't deny her husband of sex , yeah , but when she explains to you she is not feeling too fine , or incapacitated , or probably she just got delivered of a baby, or any other valid reason , and you forcefully had your way you're wicked!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4

Madam, ya husband cannot rape you in a legal marriage.

The Matrimonial Causes Act confers him with access to conjugate with you . And you denying him this right is a grounds for divorce. He can even sue you for restoration of his conjugal right if he does not want divorce or judicial separation.

So what are you saying?

The concept of rape in marriage is not known to biblical laws, common law, statutory law and even under our native laws and custom.

I stand corrected.

Shalom
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Flows001(m): 1:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
HumanoidX:

Lawyer with zero knowledge of what's obtainable in other countries. Nigeria will get there one day. Slowly but surely. Some of you will relocate to saner climes with this mindset and get jail term.
You really are confused.
I'm a Nigerian Lawyer, called to the NIGERIAN BAR..
I know that LAW is dynamic and there are alot ot peculiarities in different jurisdictions.
It is utter ignorance to be insisting on the position of the Law of a country on another sovereign country.
I'm sure you know that homosexuality is not a crime in the Western world but a serious crime in Nigeria. Will you call the Western countries saner climes for legalising homosexuality
The earlier you realise that Nigeria is a sovereign country, with its independent right to make its Laws, after putting together religious and moral considerations, the better it will be for.

That being said, when it comes to the Nigeria Legal System, there is absolutely NOTHING like RAPE in Marriage.
Take it or leave it, this is Nigeria and not the Western world..

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by OkoRemi2023(m): 1:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
No court can sentence her husband to any jail, she can only use it as evidence and stand for dissolution at the magistrate court
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Stanleyq: 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4
give sex, we no go gree, our men go outside, we go complain, which one we wan them do? Husband who rapes wife has to be trusted, he does nt go out for other women and conji. But some men are dogs, they can go outside in the evening, come back at night to demand 4 sex. Which way naa.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by elmagnifico411(m): 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
E go better for u oooo!!!! Married men, including me, our eyes dey see for marriage oh. These women will be starving u anyhow, giving terms and conditions which are mostly stupid, but you'll keep providing for the house and understanding the situation until u can take it no more, then they'll come out and call it rape. They believe once they're married they've become more powerful than the state governor. Their wahala too much, abeg! Sex that they give u without looking back when u guys were dating is the same thing they'll be hoarding once they become your wife. And d most painful part is they hardly want to discuss the topic with their husbands. Tueh for them.
Moh247:
cool

There is no rape in marriage

All sex in marriage is legal conjugal rights of both parties

Did you forget your wedding vows of for better for worse

You can't even take it to court or win

If you don't want to have sex abeg stay away from marriage and quickly file for divorce

Starving your partner of sex is a sin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Amayabor1: 1:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.

You are in Nigeria. There is nothing like rape in marriage in Nigeria.

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by omooba969(m): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:
cool

If you don't want to have sex abeg stay away from marriage and quickly file for divorce

@bolded,

You and those who liked your comment are ignorant. There can be rape in marriage.

#Fact

I believe many others on this thread would have addressed your claim adequately, so no point stressing. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by dollynnn(f): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flows001:

You really are confused.
I'm a Nigerian Lawyer, called to the NIGERIAN BAR..
I know that LAW is dynamic and there are alot ot peculiarities in different jurisdictions.
It is utter ignorance to be insisting on the position of the Law of a country on another sovereign country.
I'm sure you know that homosexuality is not a crime in the Western world but a serious crime in Nigeria. Will you call the Western countries saner climes for legalising homosexuality
The earlier you realise that Nigeria is a sovereign country, with its independent right to make its Laws, after putting together religious and moral considerations, the better it will be for.

That being said, when it comes to the Nigeria Legal System, there is absolutely NOTHING like RAPE in Marriage.
Take it or leave it, this is Nigeria and not the Western world..

Rest your bones and allow them to wallow in their ignorance.

Some of them will never learn.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Agugbadin: 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
You just want to trend.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by wirinet(m): 1:17pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

The you check the definition of Marriage. Why marry if your body (and everything else) belongs to you and his to him.

Are you telling me that if your husband dies, his wife has no claim to his properties?
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Amayabor1: 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Temmylee01:
madam or oga it can be establish.
There's a reason it called rape.
It might sound somehow but if she says no then it's no, as man you too can do your own back. If she has a recording of the husband forcing her to have sex the court will find the husband guilty.

Where una for dey come out sef? There is nothing like a man raping his wife according to Nigeria laws. No court in Nigeria can convict a man of raping his wife. Know this and Know peace.

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Andeze(m): 1:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Rape kwa? my dear you are not serious, what if he resort to sleeping with olosho, you will still complain, all these vulva people sef...
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Temmylee01(m): 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Stop defending what's indefensible.
Try and rest ok?
If you don't like sex, then don't get married, very simple!
Abi they forced you ni?

If your mum sent your dad to jail because 'she wasn't in the mood', what would be your reaction?

Cos I don't know why you carry the matter for head laidis..quack online lawyer.

This example you even used is that of a sicko, dunno how you'll compare him to a normal human.
first of all you're stupid, second of all thunder fire you and your generations, third of all don't ever in your useless life bring nor mention my mumsy or popsy in any discussion here on nairaland ever again.
Lastly don't ever quote me again in your misfit low life living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Boss13: 1:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
Women and their victim mentality is out of this world.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Eldee54321(m): 1:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
how does that work?
is it a joke?
i wonder oooo
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Eldee54321(m): 1:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:
cool

. God bless u

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by wirinet(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

You're a chicken.

Rape is a type of sexual assault usually involving sexual intercourse or other forms of sexual penetration carried out against a person without that person's consent. - Wikipedia.

Consent is already implied the minute you signed the marriage contract. If you want to withdraw implied consent, dissolve the marriage (contract) first.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Nobody: 1:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
Husband can't rape you, stupid hoe.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

Must you sound bitter? There is no rape in Religious marriages only in court marriage. So simple and straight.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by wirinet(m): 1:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
_

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ifeanyi Njoku Kills Girlfriend, Sleeps With Corpse For Six Days / Fulani Herdsmen Attack Kajuru In Kaduna, Kill Many (Graphic Pics, Video) / Fiancé Of Lady Killed By Stray Bullet In Rivers State Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.