Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

My Husband Raped Me. - Crime (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Husband Raped Me. (53084 Views)

Lasizwe Dambuza: Pastor Timothy Omotoso Raped Me / 'How Richard Kpodo Raped Me Without A Condom In Hotel' - Lady Tells Court / "Oryina Orvaa @OryinaDegreat Kidnapped & Raped Me" - Liz @abbyollar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by surgevessel: 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
obedience4:

Sex is done by both parties. The man and the woman .
Is like saying if the wife Have Rights to have sex with her husband.
So to your question yes the man has right to have sex with his wife just as the woman has the right to have sex with her husband..
What we are auguring is when a man forces a woman.. Married or not and have sex with her without her CONSENT .. That's is rape.
Marrying a wife doesn't make you a lord over her body no law back's that..

And what is the position of the law on a woman who starve her husband of sex for over 7 months on account of getting back at him, with the man providing all the needs over her and the kids even supporting her business

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
Nonsensical
Wittyglam:

A lot of people experience rape in marriage but are too ashamed to talk about it.
Have you ever heard about rape in marriage or have you ever experience it.

Sex is something we must talk about before going marriage.

Check this out for more detail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUYaBqJ0zj4
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Eldee54321(m): 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
Una comments dey make me fear for marriage oooo...which one be RAPE again....arrrghhhhhh this is tall ooooo

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Moh247: 1:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
lansile:

See? This your 'Marriage definition by law' is why even if you caught someone murdering another in our court they don't get immediate judgement because everything in our law has rigged the simple sense out of every issue. With your point 1 - 3 now, you can rape in marriage by law and you cannot rape in marriage by law. All that you need is a lawyer sound enouh to get you justice or help you deny another. Dia ris god ooooo!!! No wonder some say Boko haram ( Western education is forbidden), probably because they couldn't make sense of our laws.

Principles of fair hearing, the symbol of Judiciary is blind with hanging balance for a reason

Let everyone give their defence

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by naijapips04: 1:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
Temmylee01:
https://dailypost.ng/2017/08/03/man-sentenced-repeatedly-raping-wife-filming-act/ read that and satisfy your curiosity.

Not a rape case. Posting explicit pictures without consent.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Flows001(m): 1:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
babajeje123:

Lol @ the bolded. If a Lawyer actually wrote this, it shows how limited they are in their knowledge about the laws of other nations.
I'm a Nigerian Lawyer, called to the NIGERIAN BAR..
I know that LAW is dynamic and there are alot ot peculiarities in different jurisdictions.
It is utter ignorance to be insisting on the position of the Law of a country on another sovereign country.
I'm sure you know that homosexuality is not a crime in the Western world but a serious crime in Nigeria. Will you call the Western countries saner climes for legalising homosexuality.
The earlier you realise that Nigeria is a sovereign country, with its independent right to make its Laws, after putting together religious and moral considerations, the better it will be for you.
As a Lawyer, the first thing I try to do whenever I go to a different jurisdiction is to understand their Legal System, as I definitely won't be relying on whatever I've been practicing in Nigeria. Same thing a Lawyer from the U.S or U.K will be expected to do in Nigeria, else he or she will be rendered useless.

That being said, when it comes to the Nigeria Legal System, there is absolutely NOTHING like RAPE in Marriage.
Take it or leave it, this is Nigeria and not the Western world..

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Temmylee01(m): 1:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
naijapips04:

Not a rape case. Posting explicit pictures without consent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by wirinet(m): 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Amayabor1:

Where una for dey come out sef? There is nothing like a man raping his wife according to Nigeria laws. No court in Nigeria can convict a man of raping his wife. Know this and Know peace.

Thank you my brother. You can't understand what women want, especially the feminist variety. Make man chop kpekus, dem go shout "no sex before marriage", you come spend time, money and energy to do marriage (court, Christian and traditional) in order to get kpekus, dem come dey now shout rape. Rape ko rap ni.

To make matters worse, if man come decide to get kpekus elsewhere, dem go dey shout adultery.

They just want to emasculate and tie men in bandage.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by geesilver(m): 1:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

There can be rape even in marriage. Check the definition of rape before you come out here to spill nonsense.

But unfortunately in Nigeria constitution there is no rape in marriage..... Maybe when you travel out you can claim that
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by jeromestarks: 1:37pm On Sep 15, 2022
Victoronah1:
you Don't need to lift your leg o please him. He can do it himself and cum, and get it over with. It's not all the time a man also wants sex, if you're Hot and your husband is not, he can't deny you sex, it's cruel and against your people's bond. The only thing he can do is to lie down and let you pleasure yourself simple. Once the lady is done, my man can move on
WhAt tHE fvck man!
You're talking to me as if I'm a woman. I am a man with a very handsome penis between my legs.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Temmylee01(m): 1:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
Flows001:

I know that LAW is dynamic and there are alot ot peculiarities in different jurisdictions.
It is utter ignorance to be insisting on the position of the Law of a country on another sovereign country.
I'm sure you know that homosexuality is not a crime in the Western world but a serious crime in Nigeria. Will you call the Western countries saner climes for legalising homosexuality.
The earlier you realise that Nigeria is a sovereign country, with its independent right to make its Laws, after putting together religious and moral considerations, the better it will be for you.
As a Lawyer, the first thing I try to do whenever I go to a different jurisdiction is to understand their Legal System, as I definitely won't be relying on whatever I've been practicing in Nigeria. Same thing a Lawyer from the U.S or U.K will be expected to do in Nigeria, else he or she will be rendered useless.

That being said, when it comes to the Nigeria Legal System, there is absolutely NOTHING like RAPE in Marriage.
actually the op didn't specify where it happened and I didn't even watch the video, but I just answered the question. The question is "have you ever heard of rape in marriage" well the answer is YES I have!!!!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by godofuck231: 1:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sharrap , he can't rob what belongs to him , except you want to form pay as you go
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by wirinet(m): 1:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=Temmylee01 post=116689087][/quote]
That one na for obodo oyinbo land and not Nigeria, abi you no see the name Mark Giuliani.

In the US women are placed above men in terms of gender issues. So rape and sexual harassment is very wide and fluid. Here in Nigeria, you cannot rape your legally married wife.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Temmylee01(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
wirinet:

That one na for obodo oyinbo land and not Nigeria, abi you no see the name Mark Giuliani.

In the US women are placed above men in terms of gender issues. So rape and sexual harassment is very wide and fluid. Here in Nigeria, you cannot rape your legally married wife.
did you read the op question? The question is "have you heard of rape in marriage" the op no specify country or or continent.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Mrpojj(m): 1:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
Temmylee01:
madam or oga it can be establish.
There's a reason it called rape.
It might sound somehow but if she says no then it's no, as man you too can do your own back. If she has a recording of the husband forcing her to have sex the court will find the husband guilty.

I have never heard any husband in prison for that
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by osaweseforme(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
You have done well by educating many on the subject, no need wasting your time on those that don't want to learn.
Flows001:

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Temmylee01(m): 1:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mrpojj:

I have never heard any husband in prison for that
well me I have.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Hannaleeyah(f): 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
jconsulting:
No love in that marriage, how can i rape my wife and still say I love her. Communication is key in marriage

Exactly dear , it's a form of betrayal
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by EndRape2(f): 1:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
You know nothing about the law, there is rape in marriage, any sex without consent is rape, marriage or outside marriage.

If you are a man, you are maltreating your wife, cheating with different girls, not doing your responsibility of treati g get well, she has right to restrict you, and if you force it, it is rape,

You just have to change your ways.

uote author=Moh247 post=116672345] cool

There is no rape in marriage

All sex in marriage is legal conjugal rights of both parties

Did you forget your wedding vows of for better for worse

You can't even take it to court or win

If you don't want to have sex abeg stay away from marriage and quickly file for divorce

Starving your partner of sex is a sin

.[/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Fantazy(m): 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
It's only a foolish woman that will push her husband to rape her.

Are you not suppose go with him peacefully?
Idiots!
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Moh247: 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
EndRape2:
You know nothing about the law, there is rape in marriage, any sex without consent is rape, marriage or outside marriage.

If you are a man, you are maltreating your wife, cheating with different girls, not doing your responsibility of treati g get well, she has right to restrict you, and if you force it, it is rape,

You just have to change your ways.

uote author=Moh247 post=116672345] cool

There is no rape in marriage

All sex in marriage is legal conjugal rights of both parties

Did you forget your wedding vows of for better for worse

You can't even take it to court or win

If you don't want to have sex abeg stay away from marriage and quickly file for divorce

Starving your partner of sex is a sin

Ok mam I will just have to be celibate and work harder to support the family without emotional joy or pleasure

If you want me to cut my pay and hand over my fees so be it... Let's make you happy
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by NOwazobia: 1:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
There is rape in marriage if there is abuse in marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by charlesdinho7(m): 1:53pm On Sep 15, 2022
your husband cannot rape you. he owns you. you have no right to deny him sex unless you are under life support. besides, he is the one doing the banging and you are just there lying like a log of wood receiving the pleasure.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Fearyourcreator: 1:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
dollynnn:

The Criminal Code and The Penal code do not recognise Marital rape.

You may check the link in my signature to get enlightened
Its better she divorce instead of denying the man sex or the other party ...
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Fearyourcreator: 2:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
jeromestarks:

Just because it's not in some kinda stupid book doesn't mean it's not plausible.
You better no kee yoursef... Which one be rape in marriage sef... You sha wan do nonsense ... No marry na ...
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Fearyourcreator: 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
yommyoke:
Hmmm, I really like this thread and how educative it is.
Rape is a topic to be discussed adequately,
What many don't understand is that, either married or not, as long as the party you're having sexual act with doesn't concent to the act, it can be tagged rape.
Sex is part of marital bliss but when your spouse says "no" but you still go ahead and use force on him/her, that's rape.
Repeated denial doesn't mean you should force her, na one of the whys our forefathers consider multiple wives, if one says no to you, you move to the next one.
Dem force her marry ?
Naso una dey spoil things with all these woke rubbish ... The way marriages dey crash this days is scary ...

1 Like

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by SugarGirl44(f): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Temmylee01:
first of all you're stupid, second of all thunder fire you and your generations, third of all don't ever in your useless life bring nor mention my mumsy or popsy in any discussion here on nairaland ever again.
Lastly don't ever quote me again in your misfit low life living.

Lolzzzz.....
Calm down Nairaland baby lawyer. grin grin
Why so angry?
Oya Pele about ur ma and pa.

But you're the stupid one for going on and on about what doesn't make sense, not me.
Rest.

Lastly, I'm going to quote you if need be, so get your police ready.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
Stanleyq:
give sex, we no go gree, our men go outside, we go complain, which one we wan them do? Husband who rapes wife has to be trusted, he does nt go out for other women and conji. But some men are dogs, they can go outside in the evening, come back at night to demand 4 sex. Which way naa.
we are should marry people that understand us.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Fearyourcreator: 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
Moh247:

Rape is very sensitive Na why I had to refrain from engaging her further
Dem sha like nonsense... Na their type dey give the children wife problems
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:06pm On Sep 15, 2022
litigator:

Madam, ya husband cannot rape you in a legal marriage.

The Matrimonial Causes Act confers him with access to conjugate with you . And you denying him this right is a grounds for divorce. He can even sue you for restoration of his conjugal right if he does not want divorce or judicial separation.

So what are you saying?

The concept of rape in marriage is not known to biblical laws, common law, statutory law and even under our native laws and custom.

I stand corrected.

Shalom
A man can rape is wife and a wife can rape the husband.

Whether married or not once the other person doesn’t consent to it or was force that is rape and can be punishable by law.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Wittyglam(f): 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
Stronghold91:

anty you are insult to
womanhood there is nothing like
rape in marriage
can you lay your points without insults? What is the meaning of what you just said?

I’m telling you what people are experiencing.
Re: My Husband Raped Me. by Fearyourcreator: 2:07pm On Sep 15, 2022
bupounds:
After marriage.
Guys make una nor dey marry all this ITK women.
This nor be talk joor why would you refuse your husband sex should be the question.
Useless Nigerian Women Forming rubbish if him take second wife nau una go begin cry.
I go marry you pay bride price, still dey feed u house u yet you go refuse me sex i go throw you out for middle of the night.
Radarada bi obe olorka
Them no dey see good thing emulate...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Attack Kajuru In Kaduna, Kill Many (Graphic Pics, Video) / Decomposed Body Of Gospel Artiste Found After His Kidnap On His Way To Abuja / Nigerian Man Shot Dead In The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.