Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,402 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

This Happened At My Children's School Today - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / This Happened At My Children's School Today (33958 Views)

How Is FG Policy Affecting Your Children's School Choice? / Don Davis' Mum: If Anything Happens To My Children, I'll Hold Kumuyi Responsible / Chinese Students Resume School Today (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by udemzyudex(m): 11:24am On Sep 15, 2022
Back then in school,if it is raining and the road is wet and muddy,I'll wear my socks immediately I get into the school before assembly starts.

5 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Yankee101: 11:25am On Sep 15, 2022
The parent(s) are stubborn
But no be for child ears

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Yankee101: 11:26am On Sep 15, 2022
Some things should be compulsory like the cardigan or uniform code

Call the parents to take the child back home 3 times and they'll adjust

5 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Solsix(m): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

I will be straight and brief with my explanation

I dropped my kids in their school early today. On my way out of the premises, I over heard the HOS/HM telling/asking a particular child " WHY ARE YOUR PARENTS SO STUBBORN?" because the child wore a black socks instead of white. That word strucked me and I felt pained cos, I won't take such.

I intervened immediately and correct her manner( I told her that shouldn't be coming from her as the head teacher).
Though she felt remorsed, but she was like the said parents are always proving hard. She told me she has had several encounter with this parents on this but they always complaining that the road to the school is very bad that whenever it rained, their child will come in black socks.

To be honest, the road is so mouldy and messed, very unpleasant, you find it so hard to walk through the road in raining periods. If you're so familiar with 'QUEENMARIS SCHOOLS' along ikotun-ijegun road, you'll understand better.
She also complained that this child will sometimes wear bodyhug under the unform or improvised cardigan to prevent cold cos the parents refused to buy the school cardigan claiming it's not priority. That they'll rather pay their child school fee than buying cardigan when they can improvise.

I was speechless though, but, I told her what she said is not good enough.

How will you feel and how will you react if your child told you someone in his/her school tell this

The parents are stubborn no mincing words. Parents thinks they no better than the teachers

4 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by ImaIma1(f): 11:29am On Sep 15, 2022
doggedfighter:
From your explanation, aren't the parents stubborn?

By their acts they're encouraging and teaching their ward to flout rules and disobey constituted authority.

The HM has exhausted all channels of sensible

communication with the parents of the child , yet they keep behaving like stubborn he goats.

Thereby consistently making her work difficult.

Is black stockings on their dress code?

What will you have the HM do ?

The HM is exasperated .

Yes they deserve whatever she dished out.

Nanchench peepoo !! grin grin

The attitude of such parents rubs off on their children. And those children will learnt to flout rules just as you said. Later the same parents will be beating the children for always disobeying rules, not knowing that the seed they sowed has become a tree.

They are indeed stubborn. What will it take to buy the school cardigan. It is because they know the HM won't want to expose the children to cold by seizing it. Some parents just have coconut heads and like to rebel.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Gmajor(m): 11:32am On Sep 15, 2022
What about the op that is talking down on the Head Teacher in front of the whole world?
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

You don't talk about people disrespectfully in front of their kids. And as a matter of principle, I don't talk down on my kid's teachers in front of him either. Some educators are simply dumb. That is inexcusable.

7 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by MrFly(m): 11:35am On Sep 15, 2022
is 'stubborn' a vulgar word? Nigerians aren't only stubborn but very irritating in their acts. The Head teacher has my backing

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by immortalcrown(m): 11:35am On Sep 15, 2022
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:
You don't talk about people disrespectfully in front of their kids. And as a matter of principle, I don't talk down on my kid's teachers in front of him either. Some educators are simply dumb. That is inexcusable.
Not when the parent's bad behaviour gets out of hands. This is more reason parents should be careful because their actions affect their kids. If you like, misbehave and think it will not affect your kid. You are just being emotional. Fallacy occurs when emotion overrides reasoning. Do you think it is the first time the teacher complained? Do you think the teacher sounded harsh to the parent(s) during the first complaint? And do you think the teacher's first complaint took place in the presence of the kid? What goes beyond tolerance should be dealt with.

2 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by arkonpoint: 11:36am On Sep 15, 2022
The right thing to do is to keep pestering the parent not the kid. Saying that to the kid won't achieve nothing, it'll rather mess with the kid's psychic. The kid won't buy the cardigan from his/her pocket and will only put on the sock given to him/her

2 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Joydan95: 11:41am On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

I dropped my kids in their school early today. On my way out of the premises, I over heard the HOS/HM telling/asking a particular child " WHY ARE YOUR PARENTS SO STUBBORN?" because the child wore a black socks instead of white. That word strucked me and I felt pained cos, I won't take such.

I intervened immediately and correct her manner( I told her that shouldn't be coming from her as the head teacher).
Though she felt remorsed, but she was like the said parents are always proving hard. She told me she has had several encounter with this parents on this but they always complaining that the road to the school is very bad that whenever it rained, their child will come in black socks.

To be honest, the road is so mouldy and messed, very unpleasant, you find it so hard to walk through the road in raining periods. If you're so familiar with 'QUEENMARIS SCHOOLS' along ikotun-ijegun road, you'll understand better.
She also complained that this child will sometimes wear bodyhug under the unform or improvised cardigan to prevent cold cos the parents refused to buy the school cardigan claiming it's not priority. That they'll rather pay their child school fee than buying cardigan when they can improvise.

How will you feel and how will you react if your child told you someone in his/her school tell this

I am an Alumni of Queenmaris Schools, I attended from crèche till I graduated in SS3. I am assuming the standard has dropped cos the Queenmaris of old won’t even allow that kid into the school. Queenmaris school is known for white sock, school cardigan or no cardigan. If you can’t keep to the rules, take your kid/ward to another school that tolerate that. “Good manners maketh man”

9 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by IrepChrist: 11:41am On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

The same school that will teach the children to obey and respect their parents.Now that child will say mummy why are you stubborn. Just forgive them and move on Sis
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by paradiseVirgin: 11:43am On Sep 15, 2022
doggedfighter:
From your explanation, aren't the parents stubborn?

By their acts they're encouraging and teaching their ward to flout rules and disobey constituted authority.

The HM has exhausted all channels of sensible

communication with the parents of the child , yet they keep behaving like stubborn he goats.

Thereby consistently making her work difficult.

Is black stockings on their dress code?

What will you have the HM do ?

The HM is exasperated .

Yes they deserve whatever she dished out.

Nanchench peepoo !! grin grin

I don't like girls with stubborn kpekus...

I tried to insert penis inside one oshofree girl yesterday and it was proving stubborn.

The kpekus was not slippery enough angry

I had to use my spit angry
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by SunMusk(m): 11:47am On Sep 15, 2022
Thy re plenty schools that is y
If not imagine what the person posted, he obviously breaks the rules. But he is still complaining about the administration. Is just like church this days. If you re suspended from this one you go to another. But this is days bcs of fear to lose a member no body punish a church member that commit crime. Thy re plenty schools
hope4nigeria:
the head Teacher cares now you are using it against her. Most aclaim parents are fools not worthy of parents. Following school instructions are Part of education, that's why we have bad people in our society today. During our time in school in 80s and 90s, if you wear contrary to school rules and regulations, you will be sent out of school immediately with your parents summon and warned else you will be dismissed. But now hungry parents will be forming big madam

4 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by adisabarber(m): 11:49am On Sep 15, 2022
Learn to mind your business in Lagos. It helps a lot

chegzyshade:
Good evening house

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Edusouls(m): 11:49am On Sep 15, 2022
Black race follow dosent follow rules and regulations, they are wired to be lawless from birth, take a look at their land..

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by pocom35: 11:53am On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
I am not actually taking side on the parents.

I only felt sending such disparaging message to through the child to the parents is ridiculous.

I would have prefer she beat the child instead

why should the child be beaten..did the child choose to dress that way..
or in this case was it the child who broke the rules or the parents..

nonsense
same way you will not mind if a child is flogged for school fees not paid

8 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by victorazy(m): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

Some parents mostly wives are stubborn, no other words to measure it.
They feels they are better, more intelligent than the school teacher just because they pay chicken change and the school teachers always hold them at high esteemed.

3 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by doggedfighter(f): 11:54am On Sep 15, 2022
ImaIma1:

The attitude of such parents rubs off on their children. And those children will learnt to flout rules just as you said. Later the same parents will be beating the children for always disobeying rules, not knowing that the seed they sowed has become a tree.

They are indeed stubborn. What will it take to buy the school cardigan. It is because they know the HM won't want to expose the children to cold by seizing it. Some parents just have coconut heads and like to rebel.
Thanks for making a great deal of sense.

Some parents don't know that the children are taking notes of these little details of flaws in their character.

3 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by fijiano202(m): 11:55am On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

I know that place but all she said was totally wrong....

Parents have right on wears For children that's about the cardigan...

But about the Socks the parent could have put a white one in the child bag only to wear in school.... Am sure the Teachers would have understood the reason for that
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by lexydobo(m): 11:55am On Sep 15, 2022
[quote author=chegzyshade 'QUEENMARIS SCHOOLS' along ikotun-ijegun road

[/quote]

Na my school b3 that
2010 set
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by matrixme(m): 11:55am On Sep 15, 2022
As a very sensitive person, emi la'ye mi; if that happened to me, na straight withdrawal and redeployment for the kid. He no go even enter class that day. And that useless headteacher go collect wotowoto before driving out. I can't be paying school fees in this Buharific time and be recieving insults on top. Never!
Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Nyamiri: 11:56am On Sep 15, 2022
fman:

Amibo.
Learn to mind your business
Especially when you cannot offer a single solution.

This one say na Amibo. Daft illiterate

1 Like

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by Lushka(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2022
chegzyshade:
Good evening house

Just read what you wrote. You are one of the many problems bedevilling our country.
The parents are more stubborn that GOATS.

3 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by doggedfighter(f): 12:11pm On Sep 15, 2022
pocom35:

why should the child be beaten..did the child choose to dress that way..
or in this case was it the child who broke the rules or the parents..

nonsense
same way you will not mind if a child is flogged for school fees not paid

Op's reasoning is awful

3 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by mastermaestro(m): 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
fijiano202:
I know that place but all she said was totally wrong....

Parents have right on wears For children that's about the cardigan...

But about the Socks the parent could have put a white one in the child bag only to wear in school.... Am sure the Teachers would have understood the reason for that

You are spilling gibberish. School cardigan is part of uniform. Parents have no right to decide otherwise. Establish your own school where you can perpetuate your rebellion. angry

5 Likes

Re: This Happened At My Children's School Today by fijiano202(m): 12:19pm On Sep 15, 2022
mastermaestro:

You are spilling gibberish. School cardigan is part of uniform. Parents have no right to decide otherwise. Establish your own school where you can perpetuate your rebellion. angry
Pele.. School owner.. Its a optional buy in that school.... Not a must.. That's why They payed for only school fees

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Esut Suspends 10 Students And Expels 4 For Examination Impersonation. / Over 20 UNN Students Dead In Car Accident While Travelling / FUTA Student, Chinwe Ugoh-Vivian Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.