Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,246 members, 7,822,273 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? (17597 Views)

Another Jobseeker Confirms David Hundenyin’s Report / How Have You Been Coping After NYSC With Or Without A Job? / Check out this Conversation Between GTB And A Jobseeker On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Awesomeking: 2:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Threesha:
join this WhatsApp group https:///KpluHWi5lh17IjMUzAaTUi
Thank you so much,i have joined the group
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by HolyTitus(m): 2:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
olaolaking:
Let me critique your CV. FREE. Your CV may be poorly stringed
Can you help to criticize mine too ? Zero 8 zero 3 1 5 6 6 7 five nine. Thanks
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Gboy1026: 2:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
Kentuforchrist:
Omor it hasn’t been easy ooo

Just got a job as a delivery agent the pay is 30k per month chaiiii there is God

We still they find people incase ya interested
Which state
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by HolyTitus(m): 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Civil Engineering grad since 2019, finished service last October. I have written many applications to "God knows how many" organizations; still going on strong tho; hoping Goodluck would shine on me someday. I pray, AMEN
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Immunity1555: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
HolyTitus:
Civil Engineering grad since 2019, finished service last October. I have written many applications to "God knows how many" organizations; still going on strong tho; hoping Goodluck would shine on me someday. I pray, AMEN

Do Not Delay Your Dreams any longer!
Learn some Tech skills today that will land you a high-paying role in any part of the world.
From Beginner Stage, to Intermediate Stage and Advanced Stage.
All the Stages (Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) are well structured. You will be assign to a well-trained and experienced Facilitators and Mentors that would guide you from one Stage to Another, where you will learn skill, gain experience and gain exposure. You will be working with real-life projects, you can get paid while learning the skills, you will also be linked with international career packaging and work with Global start-up.
There's a better internet service and co-working space.
We have the following learning paths(from Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced) that you can choose: Project Management, Frontend Development/Mobile App, Backend,Ui/Ux, Digital Marketing, Graphic Design, Devops/Cloud Dev, MySQL, PHP, Phyton and many more.
All that can be archieve at Bincom Global Tech Program.
To learn more and register,click this link:https://www.bincom.net/globaltech
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Kentuforchrist(m): 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
Gboy1026:
Which state

Lagos state
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by ORLAHOLUWA(m): 2:42pm On Sep 15, 2022
Glory be to God bt we still Dey ask bro how far anything for your boy
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by uuzba(m): 2:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
juniorstic:

Maybe because you are happily employed that is why this seems unnecessary to you sad
But you don't know if he is self employed, running his own business.
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by uuzba(m): 2:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
nurudeen181:
Hnnm.. what do i know. in all honest........
when they say sell yourself, i just hope i wont have to put for sale on my head. because many may not be able to afford an ugly boy like me
When they say sell yourself, you talk about yourself and skills like an advert in the radio. Stop listening to MP3 and tune into local radio station on your phone and hear advert.
Speak with confidence about what you can do, are doing, and have done.
Even the person that didn't want before, will buy into you by force.
And that's the same time your CV should have.
Your potential employer is already sad everyday. Can you make them happy, by saying positive confident things about yourself?

1 Like

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Mogajunior(m): 2:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
Uncletachi:
grin
I don't look for job....I am a Pro Gambler
LOL. Package 10 odds for me. Sure one
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by GboyegaD(m): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

This is the situation of so many Nigerians now. I wonder how things will be in the future with how things are going. It's very scary

There's nothing to be scared of. We have the power to improve things with the next election and the choices are there for us tonvote wisely.

Should we choose to vote out of sentiments such as religion, ethnicity etc, then we should be ready to bear the consequences.
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by lovemaths(f): 3:04pm On Sep 15, 2022
I have been learning and earning from skills like graphic design, digital marketing, content creation and entrepreneurship.

I have a group where I post IT, Arts, Technical and Vocational skills trainings(free & paid) that you can enroll.

https://chat(.)whatsapp(.)com/BlmHric1ISJ1CfyBeakrNL

Example of the skills that you can learn:
Animation 101
Arts and crafts
Audio engineering and music production
Back-end development (node.js)
Back-end development (python)
Barbing
Batik
Brand identity/graphics design
Catering
Cloud computing
Content writing
Copywriting
Creative writing - short story, narrative essay, memoir
Custom web development
Cryptocurrency
Data analytics
Data science
Digital marketing
Facebook ads
Fashion design
Film making
Front end web development (html CSS javascript)
Furniture
Graphic design
Hair styling
Leather works
Makeup
Media studies
Mixology
Mobile App development
Modeling
Multimedia and digital media
Product design (UI/UX)
Product management
Quality assurance
Social media marketing
Tie and dye
Video animation
Wordpress development
And others

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by abdulwassi(m): 3:08pm On Sep 15, 2022
[Abeg Mk una dey send link oh.. Man is jobless and almost useless now.. Na wa o

1 Like

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Uncletachi: 3:16pm On Sep 15, 2022
Mogajunior:
LOL. Package 10 odds for me. Sure one
undecided
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by abdulwassi(m): 3:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
Link me up bro, on any vacancy from any company.. Finished NYSC April and it hasn't been easy o

Awesomeking:
It hasnt been easy,since completing nysc in april,over 100 applications,very few call backs or invitations and i am yet to reach interview stage of any favourable position,its either GNLD or marketing position that always invite me...hmmmm..
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by abdulwassi(m): 3:20pm On Sep 15, 2022
Have dsame mindset as u.. My case is different, I need a job to gather capital.. Laundry service is my dream but no money to buy equipments. Hunger dey!

Kingxchange44:
I'm never a fan of working for someone, I'm my own boss even if na biscuits I dey sell I'm ok with it
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Sirchiboy: 3:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
Threesha:
Sir,
I have helped people on this forum in my own little way from jobs, data, money, food to relationship & opportunities and if you find it offensive, you can just press the ignore button. However, I have limited time to stay on this site.
Can you help me sir �.
I need a job
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by abdulwassi(m): 3:26pm On Sep 15, 2022
Grace dey follow you bro.

[quote author=Privatepart00 post=116687784

I didn’t bother myself submitting applications for job after NYSC (Lagos) in November 2016. Travelled to Abuja December 2016 to relax myself. I got the connect to the construction company there. The only interview I attended was to have an insight how it works(Enugu February 2017). Worked in a construction company from March to May 2017 till I got my present work and left . All happened in 2017

NB: I turned down a job at Clinix hospital Gbagada same March 2017 as I didn’t want to stay in Lagos state.
Only Heaven knew how it worked out this way for me . [/quote]
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Sirchiboy: 3:28pm On Sep 15, 2022
abdulwassi:
Have dsame mindset as u.. My case is different, I need a job to gather capital.. Laundry service is my dream but no money to buy equipments. Hunger dey!

How much does it cost for someone to set up laundry business?
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Kingxchange44: 3:31pm On Sep 15, 2022
abdulwassi:

Bro see eh, if you fit raise the least 50k run POS for the least 4 months as long as you see a good position you will get what you want. Trust me, target a good position
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by abdulwassi(m): 3:32pm On Sep 15, 2022
Gkay1:
Guy, e nor easy oooo. Na one of my friend send me 1k yesterday even d money don finish. I have nothing at hands now. Zero Kobo and zero naira

Omo! The Lord is your strength bro..
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by excell0001: 3:34pm On Sep 15, 2022
uuzba:

When they say sell yourself, you talk about yourself and skills like an advert in the radio. Stop listening to MP3 and tune into local radio station on your phone and hear advert.
Speak with confidence about what you can do, are doing, and have done.
Even the person that didn't want before, will buy into you by force.
And that's the same time your CV should have.
Your potential employer is already sad everyday. Can you make them happy, by saying positive confident things about yourself?

he should have talked about skills relevant to the position of a cashier
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by abdulwassi(m): 3:36pm On Sep 15, 2022
Uncletachi:
grin
I don't look for job....I am a Pro Gambler

Run 5 odd for me bros Mk I take hold body.
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Awesomeking: 4:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
abdulwassi:
Link me up bro, on any vacancy from any company.. Finished NYSC April and it hasn't been easy o

kindly provide your whatsapp details so i can share links and vacancies with you,we are in the same boat
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Edc1: 4:39pm On Sep 15, 2022
Hmmm
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Uncletachi: 4:41pm On Sep 15, 2022
abdulwassi:

Run 5 odd for me bros Mk I take hold body.
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by GboyegaD(m): 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The world economy wasn't built to support 8 billion people and technology has really reduced the number of hands needed to do any job. You are a marine engineer. In the olden days see how many engineers were needed to man a vessel now due to technology we need at most 4 and currently research is going on to build completely unmanned vessels so the number will reduce from 4 to maybe 1. Technology is erasing a lot of jobs. The world isn't meant to be as populated as it is currently. Third world dwellers in Africa go feel am pass oyinbo. Birth rates in western countries have dropped astronomically but the average in Africa is still 5 per woman. Asia has a lot of population but mind you the bulk of the world's manufacturing is done in Asia and such large scale industrialisation will always provide jobs at scale nothing like such in Africa and Africans are birthing like fools.

Technology is redistributing jobs not replacing them. We need more people in tech as these machines and what have you need maintenance both in hard and software etc.
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by tensazangetsu20(m): 4:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
GboyegaD:

Technology is redistributing jobs not replacing them. We need more people in tech as these machines and what have you need maintenance both in hard and software etc.

Yeah but this doesn't apply to Africans even with tech skills it's not easy getting a remote role that pays well and local pay is shit. Africans are just too much
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by CulturedGotahia: 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
You don't have to let all those time pass without making the best of it. Have you considered starting a business? You might say you don't have capital but then you can definitely start a business on gotahia.com without capital.
Gotahia gives you access to products from importers and wholesalers that you can start advertising, get orders and make money for yourself

Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Bluezy13(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
Chineduokeanwu:
Not easy

Are you a graduate ??
Re: As A Jobseeker: How Have You Been Coping? by Bluezy13(m): 5:13pm On Sep 15, 2022
Alaga2222:
It hasn’t been easy tho but I know someday God will remember me..

Are you a graduate ??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Total Nigeria Plc Recruitment for Project Engineers / Mark Zuckerberg Vs Nigerian Outsourcing Firms / 6 Things You Should Know Before Attending An Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.