Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals (16448 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja / What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 8:40pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:
thats what you wrote there na. Over 2k Nigeria auditors also got hired in uk last year. I work in a bank in Canada my unit had 180 people over 40 of us are Nigerians. Anyone can go on udemy or cousera these days and become a data analyst or tech person.
am not impressed.Overworked’: US nurses strike over low pay, staffing shortages
About 15,000 nurses in state of Minnesota begin three-day strike, one of the largest of its kind in US history.

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 8:43pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:
thats what you wrote there na. Over 2k Nigeria auditors also got hired in uk last year. I work in a bank in Canada my unit had 180 people over 40 of us are Nigerians. Anyone can go on udemy or cousera these days and become a data analyst or tech person.
Overworked’: US nurses strike over low pay, staffing shortages
About 15,000 nurses in state of Minnesota begin three-day strike, one of the largest of its kind in US history.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:
.oyinbo is smart .get some Africa and hand them a terrible slave contract to assist ..LONDON, Aug 9 (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of nurses in England and Wales will vote next month on whether to strike in a row over pay, the trade union representing them said on Tuesday, threatening further disruption to an already understaffed health service.

A strike ballot for nurses working in Britain's state-run National Health Service (NHS) will o
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ednut1(m): 8:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
am not impressed.Overworked’: US nurses strike over low pay, staffing shortages
no one cares what u think. They are over worked in Nigeria earning 50k naira monthly, they dont mind being overworked abroad. We are not whites. We know una type. No means to japa but want consolation lol

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ednut1(m): 8:51pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
.oyinbo is smart .get some Africa and hand them a terrible slave contract to assist ..LONDON, Aug 9 (Reuters) - Hundreds of thousands of nurses in England and Wales will vote next month on whether to strike in a row over pay, the trade union representing them said on Tuesday, threatening further disruption to an already understaffed health service.

A strike ballot for nurses working in Britain's state-run National Health Service (NHS) will o
the Nigerian nurses are starting on 25k pounds a year. They were earning 30k to 60k monthly in Nigeria . You think they care Abeg rest

7 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 8:52pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:
no one cares what u think. They are over worked in Nigeria earning 50k naira monthly, they dont mind being overworked abroad. We are not whites. We know una type. No means to japa but want consolation lol
the thread is mine abi .how do you know you assume evwebody is a peasant on nairaland . The uni I attend in the uk cost 20100 ( University of Abeerdeen) all paid from najia

1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Kenn55: 8:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:

Exactly my brother.
I thought this travel section is for people abroad and those who intend to travel. I remember when I had no interest in leaving Naija, I didn't step into travel section for once. I only started coming into travel section when I now wanted to travel.
How can someone who thinks abroad is bad have all the time in the world to frequent the travel section and be posting about abroad he or she is not interested in? They think we are fools. grin

20 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 8:59pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:
the Nigerian nurses are starting on 25k pounds a year. They were earning 30k to 60k monthly in Nigeria . You think they care Abeg rest
stop assuming everyone is broke and a peasant and be calming down ! Broke nurses cannot migrate cost it money .and you are changing the thread to Nigeria vs canada.which is not
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 9:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
the thread is mine abi .how do you know you assume evwebody is a peasant on nairaland . The uni I attend in the uk cost 20100 ( University of Abeerdeen) all paid from najia
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ednut1(m): 9:14pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
thank God u are exposed. Will deny you are not seeing on LinkedIn what some of your friends and ex colleagues are doing abroad Na u say them dey drive uber and care job. When u know thats not the case for many. Peace
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by paradiseVirgin: 9:15pm On Sep 15, 2022
2Radii:
I heard the regular savings, I mean an average savings for an average individual over there is 200 to 300$ after taxes and dues. Now I am thinking, even in Nigeria here, I used to have as much as that as savings here, so what is the essence??

I just want to try and learn one or two skills to be able to work remotely.

Imagine working remotely and earning dollars just to spend it in naira, even if it's as low as 10$ per hour.
Apart from programming what kind of remote skill can one aquire?
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Ekpekus(m): 9:18pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:
this is not 1990. There are thousands of Nigerians in uk, usa, canada working as nurses, accountants, doctors, data analysts, tech workers etc. there is a huge labour shortage in many of these countries so they have no choice than to hire us. You wish everyone is doing menial jobs . Absolutely not true . You will do menial jobs if you relocated illegally or refuse to develop on your skills.
E be like say today na your off day bros... giving the op reasons won't change his mind... better use the time to volunteer or sleep sef

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 9:21pm On Sep 15, 2022
ednut1:
thank God u are exposed. Will deny you are not seeing on LinkedIn what some of your friends and ex colleagues are doing abroad Na u say them dey drive uber and care job. When u know thats not the case for many. Peace
na you wan change the topic to Nigeria VS Canada . When the topic is for the japa crew to know that there are no perfect places .and there are challenges like housings , professional jobs , job satisfaction,under ground rascism ,high tax ,doctor app etc things agent will not tell them .

6 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by mokset123: 9:22pm On Sep 15, 2022
yusfaith78:
Living in the UK has it pros and cons but in my own case the pros when compare to the cons is 80:20. I will share my story not because I want to encourage people to leave Nigeria but just to let people know the true state of things. Sometime I read some ridiculous things on Nairaland and I usually ask myself if I’m living in the same UK with these people. People have different reasons for migrating and we are all not in the same situation in Nigeria before. I was a business person in Nigeria but government policies coupled with the toxic business environment began to affect my business. I left Naija with my wife not just because my crumbling business but also because I was getting sick on a regular basis because my immune system can no longer fight Malaria effectively and the fact that there’s a 50% chance that a kid raised in Nigeria will end up doing Yahoo Yahoo not because you are a bad parent but due to the high level of unemployment and the environment which has been polluted with fraud and corruption and I want my kids to live a good life.

I moved to UK in January 2020 on a student visa, my wife as student, myself the dependant. She was going to school while I was working full time in as a support worker, she also worker as support worker when she’s not going to school like she does 20 hrs a week while I do mostly 50hrs a week. We earn combine total of £2500 monthly after tax. Then we were living in a one bedroom apartment (room and parlour flat) with total bill of £950 Monthly (rent = 650, council tax = £82, water = £24, internet = £24, Electricity averaging £80, phone bill £20 and monthly bus pass for 2 of us £70 (35£ each)). We always have more than £1500 for ourself after bills.

After her graduation we decided to move to North West of the UK where house rent are a lot cheaper because we now have a baby and we thought we would need a bigger home. So we got 3 bedroom detached house (duplex) for £650 per month our council tax increases to approximately £110 monthly because my wife is no longer a student, energy bill also increases several time in the last year but we currently paying £154 monthly. Water, phone bill , Internet and Bus pass remain the same as before which brings our current total bill to about £1100 monthly and both earn combine total of £3200 after tax for working combine total of 77.5hrs weekly.

As for the GP and NHS that somebody mentioned above, I have never had any issue getting medical help with my GP whenever I booked appointment with my GP I get attended to by a doctor same day. As for the queue with NHS (the big Hospital), if you have a life threatening issue, you will be attended to immediately. They only put you on queue if your case is not emergency and that’s because the NHS is currently struggling to recruit doctors and nurses so it’s not as bad as people make it look.

For me, moving to the UK is the best decision I have ever made because I believe I raise my kids in a good environment where they have a chance to follow their dreams, secondly my immune system has improved a lot because I’m finally free of mosquitos lol and lastly I have peace of mind which is very important in our life.

So if your wish to leave Nigeria for any country, just to Google and search answers for all your questions and see if it will be a good choice or not because trust me Nigerians will never tell you the truth that what I have learned. Good luck
l love your honesty and openness, it would go a long way in helping us understand the responsibilities ahead, my question is how come your rent remained same for both one bedroom flat and 3 bedroom flat and you did not state money spent on food and clothing

3 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by rusher14: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
Reverse japa.

grin
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 9:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

E be like say today na your off day bros... giving the op reasons won't change his mind... better use the time to volunteer or sleep sef
to go dey stay for _20 c . I dey craze .I rather battle nepa .but you will not understand why oyinbo dey fear brutal winter with no money or your must go Amazon work inside that weather .

3 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by 9japride(m): 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
I don't agree .no body stops you from traveling oversea in Nigeria only visa and money stop you . If you are poor you can go via the libya route. If you get money via the student visa routes . The elite are one and same . North and South . and only benefit them and here family .carry this your playing victims to political section . Who stopped Abia from developing ? Or who told you to sell drugs and do 419 abroad ?who tell you to do prostitution in Italy? Or cultism in Dubai . The emphasis on money and the worship of money and greed is the problem .
[color=#006600][/color]

I agree with you. But the root causes of these dysfunctional society is bad governance. It's poverty and the quest to escape poverty that leads to those social vices. Why all states governors can't be held accountable is that the institution is not strong and we have leaders who have "i don't care attitude". If every region can manage themselves, things will work well. And since the leadership will be closer to the people, it will be difficult to act funny. I can confidently speak for South East were we don't practice godfatherism. If the people respect you and you start acting like a god, them go change am for you. Majority of the politicians in South East are just using Abuja influence and the weak system of the various institutions of governance to misbehave.

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 9:30pm On Sep 15, 2022
mokset123:
l love your honesty and openness, it would go a long way in helping us understand the responsibilities ahead, my question is how come your rent remained same for both one bedroom flat and 3 bedroom flat and you did not state money spent on food and clothing
na last year him land still on a post study work visa ( new UK scam) for 2 years that will run out like light .na their the real survival go start . I wish you the best .but we know say majority will come back to najia or continue school or teir 2 health care . All those teir this and that COS ,CAS na oyinbos strategic moves to make it very diffcult for migrants.

2 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 9:35pm On Sep 15, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I agree with you. But the root causes of these dysfunctional society is bad governance. It's poverty and the quest to escape poverty that leads to those social vices. Why all states governors can't be held accountable is that the institution is not strong and we have leaders who have "i don't care attitude". If every region can manage themselves, things will work well. And since the leadership will be closer to the people, it will be difficult to act funny. I can confidently speak for South East were we don't practice godfatherism. If the people respect you and you start acting like a god, them go change am for you. Majority of the politicians in South East are just using Abuja influence and the weak system of the various institutions of governance to misbehave.
really are you sure ? How come kalu and orji are both in governace and positions in Abia for 20 years or Ike has been in Senate for over 20 years? Nigerians will there criminal way do they deserve good leader ? Leader are a reflection of the society . How can you explain Nigerians on pdtf scholarship in uk joining Yahoo (BEC) now in prison .
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ednut1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2022
Ekpekus:

lol. No work for me this week. Make i catch cruise small
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ednut1(m): 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
to go dey stay for _20 c . I dey craze .I rather battle nepa .but you will not understand why oyinbo dey fear brutal winter with no money or your must go Amazon work inside that weather .
minus 27. E no dey kill lol

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Sablexxxtoons: 10:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
AstraDroid:
If you have a means of making Euro, Dollar or Pound while in Nigeria, then you do not have to travel abroad.

My broda this is the real Nigerian dream.. living in Nigeria and earning in dollars.. its not easy but very doable thanks to that wonderful invention called the internet

3 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Nobody: 10:29pm On Sep 15, 2022
Sablexxxtoons:

My broda this is the real Nigerian dream.. living in Nigeria and earning in dollars.. its not easy but very doable thanks to that wonderful invention called the internet

Earning passive income via the internet in $US or Euros should be every Nigerian's dream. Even if it's $200k a year.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Idaytesj29(m): 10:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
leody:
Yusfaith78 Dont mind them as if naija is anywhere near better
If peter obi didn't come out to contest for president we will have to choose between sniper and otapiapai
It not easy anywhere but believe me its slightly better in the west.
Gamale 20 that came out to contest is better than otapiapia and sniper? They are all same, killer chemicals.

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by yusfaith78(m): 10:49pm On Sep 15, 2022
I moved to the North West region of the UK where cost of renting house is very low. I live very close to Manchester now and I was living close to London before moving so cost of renting house is high in London area. As per how much I spend on food, I would say it about £400 monthly that because we are only Nigerian food and Nigeria foodstuffs are very expensive here. Clothing depends on which brand you want to buy and the occasion so there’s no fix amount for that but what we usually do is at the beginning of summer, all the major designers will do summer sales up to 50% off for summer wears and buy we buy our summer wears same thing will happen again at the beginning of winter then occasionally we can buy cloths if we want. Also note clothes last longer here because the environment and the quality of the cloth. I hope this answer your questions

mokset123:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by StrikeBack(m): 11:23pm On Sep 15, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
Una go just dey type rubbish. You think if nigeria is working una no go dey pay Tax like abroad? Many of you are extremely corrupted by this disorganized society that you now see an organized society like a cage. You’re finished
Exactly,Nigerians want a near perfect environment like the west where they get away with anything and everything, no sense of responsibility. Everyone wants to be wealthy in nigeria at all cost without actually working hard/smart for it.
The other one is saying every Nigerian should create generational wealth �

Nigeria is truly finished

3 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Flamezreal(m): 11:24pm On Sep 15, 2022
AstraDroid:

That is because such parents basically acquired assets here and there and had not unified them into wealth structures and Trust before their demise. Building generational wealth requires setting up strategic structures like Family Offices, Multi-generation Trusts and Family Laws and hardly do you find most people educated enough on these to build wealth.

I do not think you have knowledge of what I am talking about, no offence.

can you please elaborate on the bolded? I'm interested in the 'how'.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by yusfaith78(m): 11:38pm On Sep 15, 2022
StrikeBack:
Exactly,Nigerians want a near perfect environment like the west where they get away with anything and everything, no sense of responsibility. Everyone wants to be wealthy in nigeria at all cost without actually working hard/smart for it.
The other one is saying every Nigerian should create generational wealth �

Nigeria is truly finished

I have been on Nairaland long enough to know that some people will sleep and have a dream that they have a good job and big money then they will wake up and come online to brag about what they actually don’t have. I just ignore them. To prove my point look at this one that has been condemning people that relocate to the UK.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by yusfaith78(m): 11:44pm On Sep 15, 2022
There are lots of people like him on Nairaland. They push to get something but if they can not get it then they start discouraging people by condemning it.

3 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by 9japride(m): 11:56pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
really are you sure ? How come kalu and orji are both in governace and positions in Abia for 20 years or Ike has been in Senate for over 20 years? Nigerians will there criminal way do they deserve good leader ? Leader are a reflection of the society . How can you explain Nigerians on pdtf scholarship in uk joining Yahoo (BEC) now in prison .
[color=#006600][/color]

As I said , most politicans in the east leveraged on the weak governance system in the country to attain leadership positions. If not for rigging and other loop holes they wouldn't achieve such. The society is already messed up and it will take a long time for people to adjust. Either educated or none educated, most people are already damaged by bad governance. As far we still voting based on tribalism and religious beliefs, misfits will continue getting leadership positions. Because, misfits thrive in a messed society. 2023 is around the corner, let's see what excuses people will make after intentionally electing misfits. I won't want to hear I was misled, a full grown adult shouldn't be misled if he/her brains are working properly.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ThisPower: 11:57pm On Sep 15, 2022
Munamoqel:
very true ! Most of the people flashing buggati veron are G boys abroad cos 99 percent of the citizens of this nation cannot afford it ! They are pro and cons of JAPA but Nigerians and bandwagon effect will not analyse thing properly and just join ! A LADY closed down her business that gives her net income of 2m monthly to move on a study visa now 3 month yet to get any job and been abused on the only care job she got !. The are good side and bad like the child care cost which is horrible in najia we used the extended family support ! Old people home , long wait time to.see a GP . housing crisis in Dublin you will pay 600 euro to be sharing room with strangers !

Guy are you not tired of doing this?
You go about opening threads and talking about or will I say discouraging people on a life decision.

You picked that story at bolded from a lady who went to the Living in UK thread to ask for help and you just concluded like that. Because of people like you always jumping to use other people depression story seeking for help, they will just have to keep mute.

You were in the Canada study thread complaining about your visa staying for almost a year without response, yet you talk like one who will never make plans to leave Nigeria or e no dey hungry you.
As if Nigeria is getting any better.

You went to the UK thread as well to ask questions about the visa process for study again after having studied there, to show you want to leave Nigeria. Did you not reason all this nonsense you have been saying before trying that route?
you opened another thread asking about a country using "your brother" meanwhile it's you in the picture. Yet you come here always to thrash talk people making decisions.

Guy I ask again, you no dey tire?

I am glad ednut1 had the time to answer you today.
Allow people do their thing, if he dey pain you to see people travel then leave the travel section alone and stop picking people questions for clarification in their new country for your debate purpose.

The Canada you dey shout say e cold and minus 20 blah blah blah, someone will think it's 12months the winter period last, but na you dey complain say Canada no answer you for your application that is if Dem no refuse you abi na the refusal they pain you so?
Or you no reason the minus 100 before you apply?

Are people not surviving in Canada and also the UK(Europe) that is cold too.
Everyday Canada is cold but will jump at the opportunity if given a free visa.
Na una type make Alexx ekubo dey follow talk...

Please your threads are becoming boring and stale of same story line.

No matter the hard nature of a country, people still survive there. Abi you no dey survive for Nigeria? So why can't those relocating survive in their choice country especially NIGERIANS?

Do you know if many just want to use the UK or whichever country as a stepping stone?
Not every one will travel and not every one will remain in Nigeria with you especially on the bitter side of yours that makes you throw talks always about those relocating.

I have been on nairaland for long to notice all your threads and questions, na your matter make me register just to reply you.
Give it a rest.

Lexusgs430, Viruses, hustla, lagosismyhome, justwise and co that advised the woman that day, never used her as a topic just as you have done in order to down talk those traveling abroad like you never tried to.

You better open mouth tell us wetin dey pepper you gan gan make we know.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by ThisPower: 12:00am On Sep 16, 2022
yusfaith78:

I have been on Nairaland long enough to know that some people will sleep and have a dream that the have a good and job and big money then they will wake up and come online to drag about what they actually don’t have. I just ignore them. To prove my point look at this one that has been condemning people that relocate to the UK.

Chaiii na God go bless you.

I no even see this one before I reply. I just went straight to the part he used that woman as an example.
That "son and daughter" he stated there, na HIM. He just dey disguise.
JAPA plans no allow make he use one gender again.

I have told him to rest. His trails on nairaland don dey smell already.

Atleast let people use this as proof whenever he begins to yarn nonsense again before he deletes it.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Applying For Nigerian Passport Reissue In Us / Driving From Abuja To Jos / Kaduna Boat Accident: Five Students Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.