Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,460 members, 7,819,678 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals (16410 Views)

Japa: Nigerians Flood Foreign Embassies As Economic Hardship Bites Harder / Japa: Nigerians Lament As Canada Suspends Visa Operations In Abuja / What Nigerians Travelling To Dubai Are Going Through At Cotonou Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Treadway: 9:30am On Sep 20, 2022
Bibitayo2:
In this same Nigeria that we are in.

Earning 600k and saving 500k?
How many single people can actually boast of earning 600k per month in Nigeria? I believe you have not been to Nigeria for a long time and you do not have a clear picture of how things are in Nigeria.

I know you are trying to let people know how things are in Canade, but you people should stop "romaticizing" Nigeria, if you were able to save like that when you were in Nigeria, you wouldn't have left.
they left because of misleading threads, the thrill of the wuruwuru conversions and the bandwagon effect. Believe me, most people leaving are leaving cos everyone seems to be leaving. No plan, no ambition. I just must japa too. Believe it. Nigeria is a shithole confirmed, but those that will stinkingly prosper in it will still prosper. Do you realise, most of the averagely well to do ppl, were actually pretty comfy. Had a car, some sef house, 24hr electricity. But yearned for more, which isn't a bad thing. Security is important. Access to healthcare and good education is important. But over there comes with its own challenges, moral decadence and pollution (most of the japarians should be warming up to have many LGBTQ children in a few years time, for sure), racism, inclement weather, gangs and gun violence in some places, rocky marriages (if you like deny this) etc. Me personally, that first one bothers me a lot. I would rather my kids are teens, well formed and not so impressionable, before sending them there for education, assuming the educational system is still decayed here by then. The thing is there are so many things to consider both ways, that most right now aren't even thinking about. They just want to japa and be making 20million naira per month based off of wuruwuru conversions they saw on Nairaland...oh and to be able to take pictures in the abroad too...lol. hilarious

6 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by 9japride(m): 4:43pm On Sep 20, 2022
Treadway:
your opinion. But you lot are missing the point of all this. Even fellow Christians like I am. So your blessings are only in another man's land? Ppl get a visa and do Thanksgiving? You lot don't see that there is a mental anomaly going on here. God does have a diff plan for everyone. For some, it is God's plan to move outside the shores of your country, but for most it is our own plan which comes from a very deep-seated place of inadequacy or inferiority. Like you legit believe you are not blessed and God hasn't answered your prayer until you go to the white man's land. One thing this thread and the many like it have proven is that the white man will always be superior. Pre or post colonization, even if there is a reset of the world today, the white man is and will always be 10x superior to the black man, EXCEPT ME sha. It is sad, really sad. I'm looking into start-up visas, due to the fact that the infrastructure to support my brain-child isn't yet available or firmly rooted in Nigeria. If that doesn't work, that's it. I ain't never gonna sell all I have built up here to get on a ship to the white man's land to hustle. My forefathers already did that.
[color=#006600][/color]

Your statement is valid, but you should understand that environment is already programmed to make things difficult for hard working and intelligent individuals due to corruption, nepotism, tribalism, religious sentiments and so on. Until we have leaders who are sincerely determined to change the situation for better and not career politicians, people continue to japa. Those who have love ones abroad, see them as oil workers due to the foreign currencies they remit bacj home.
It's not a good thing we have so much regards for the whites, but our people back home are not helping matters due to their electoral decisions.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by jedisco(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2022
Treadway:
your opinion. But you lot are missing the point of all this. Even fellow Christians like I am. So your blessings are only in another man's land? Ppl get a visa and do Thanksgiving? You lot don't see that there is a mental anomaly going on here. God does have a diff plan for everyone. For some, it is God's plan to move outside the shores of your country, but for most it is our own plan which comes from a very deep-seated place of inadequacy or inferiority. Like you legit believe you are not blessed and God hasn't answered your prayer until you go to the white man's land. One thing this thread and the many like it have proven is that the white man will always be superior. Pre or post colonization, even if there is a reset of the world today, the white man is and will always be 10x superior to the black man, EXCEPT ME sha. It is sad, really sad. I'm looking into start-up visas, due to the fact that the infrastructure to support my brain-child isn't yet available or firmly rooted in Nigeria. If that doesn't work, that's it. I ain't never gonna sell all I have built up here to get on a ship to the white man's land to hustle. My forefathers already did that.

You have an inferiority complex.
People like you don't thrive well outside the shores of this country. There are a lot of Nigerians changing the narrative out there

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Treadway: 5:09pm On Sep 20, 2022
jedisco:

People like you don't thrive well outside the shores of this country. There are a lot of Nigerians changing the narrative out there
says the one who took the easy way out. Shut your pie hole! Next!

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by jedisco(m): 6:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
Treadway:
says the one who took the easy way out. Shut your pie hole! Next!

Lol... In life, there is no easy way out. There's no medal given for being in one country or another. Many of the achievers we know are those who left their comfort zone to improve themselves, conquer other worlds and return. I'm sure you have remained where your ancestors originated.

Man has always been a migratory being and even within a nation, people migrate for different reasons. You could ask our leaders why they send their kids abroad to study and return to pick up the juicy jobs.

The fact that you loiter around the travel section shows you're interested in travel. Quite an irony.

6 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Treadway: 7:14pm On Sep 20, 2022
jedisco:

Lol... In life, there is no easy way out. There's no medal given for being in one country or another. Many of the achievers we know are those who left their comfort zone to improve themselves, conquer other worlds and return. I'm sure you have remained where your ancestors originated.

Man has always been a migratory being and even within a nation, people migrate for different reasons. You could ask our leaders why they send their kids abroad to study and return to pick up the juicy jobs.

The fact that you loiter around the travel section shows you're interested in travel. Quite an irony.
the volume of your posts here is mind-boggling, yet i'm the one loitering. Once again, slow your role! Your positions and assumptions are wayyyy off. I have already stated my ONLY reason for considering travelling earlier. Conquering the world and having that mindset is what I'm preaching and living, but that isn't what the wave of Nigerians are doing. They want to just get to the white man's land. Which is why many won't even mind doing jobs they wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole at home. And end up with humble, uninspiring lives. This is what most settle for and are ok with (you said so yourself), as long as it is in the white man's land. I never can quite understand that. Ciao!

2 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by CountVersailles(f): 8:45pm On Sep 20, 2022
jedisco:

Those are the kind of people who go abroad and are continually held back by their primitive success back in Nigeria. They can't compete on the world stage and they are satisfied with the mediocrity they are champions at back in Nigeria. We see them here all the time. Always complaining about how they were earning big back in Nigeria and can never get over that while they suffer in their survival jobs in downtown Toronto.

4 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by CountVersailles(f): 8:47pm On Sep 20, 2022
Treadway:
the volume of your posts here is mind-boggling, yet i'm the one loitering. Once again, slow your role! Your positions and assumptions are wayyyy off. I have already stated my ONLY reason for considering travelling earlier. Conquering the world and having that mindset is what I'm preaching and living, but that isn't what the wave of Nigerians are doing. They want to just get to the white man's land. Which is why many won't even mind doing jobs they wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole at home. And end up with humble, uninspiring lives. This is what most settle for and are ok with (you said so yourself), as long as it is in the white man's land. I never can quite understand that. Ciao!
And what if people want to live humble, uninspiring lives? We know una type. Life doesn't start for people like you until you start driving range rover and oppressing your fellow countrymen. That's what gives you an idea of being 'rich'. To see others staying poor.

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Treadway: 8:57pm On Sep 20, 2022
CountVersailles:

And what if people want to live humble, uninspiring lives? We know una type. Life doesn't start for people like you until you start driving range rover and oppressing your fellow countrymen. That's what gives you an idea of being 'rich'. To see others staying poor.
lol.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Treadway: 9:02pm On Sep 20, 2022
CountVersailles:

Those are the kind of people who go abroad and are continually held back by their primitive success back in Nigeria. They can't compete on the world stage and they are satisfied with the mediocrity they are champions at back in Nigeria. We see them here all the time. Always complaining about how they were earning big back in Nigeria and can never get over that while they suffer in their survival jobs in downtown Toronto.
people like me, KNOW who they are and what we are made of. We don't settle for mediocrity here or over the sea. I'm an all or nothing kinda person. Anyone can live anywhere, e no 'consign' me. I don talk wetin dey absurd TO ME about the matter. Anyhow you or anyone else comprehends it is none of my bizwax. If you catch me in Canada or anywhere else, I'm coming as a solution/job provider sef, not as a worker. Where I am on Maslow's hierarchy of needs differs from yours. And I don't even need to have millions to be there. Ciao.

3 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Hybkay(m): 9:13pm On Sep 20, 2022
Treadway:
people like me, KNOW who they are and what we are made of. We don't settle for mediocrity here or over the sea. I'm an all or nothing kinda person. Anyone can live anywhere, e no 'consign' me. I don talk wetin dey absurd TO ME about the matter. Anyhow you or anyone else comprehends it is none of my bizwax. If you catch me in Canada or anywhere else, I'm coming as a solution/job provider sef, not as a worker. Where I am on Maslow's hierarchy of needs differs from yours. And I don't even need to have millions to be there. Ciao.
I love this. Bless you sir

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Treadway: 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2022
Hybkay:
I love this. Bless you sir
God bless you too. Have a great evening.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Brexxit(m): 9:23pm On Sep 20, 2022
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Treadway: 9:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
Brexxit:
[s][/s]

Are you better than those working in Canada?

Go and sell your car scanner angry,bad belle kill u there.
lol. Find something to sell too. That is foundation of commerce the world over. A word of advice. Empty belle!

Modified. Just saw your little stint at selling and already a fraud label? Not off to a good start o.

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by jedisco(m): 8:38am On Sep 21, 2022
CountVersailles:

Hehe... Tell them to return if they were living better back home.

Funny enough, the chap belives a white man is better than him in every way. He has no business leaving Nigeria.
There are numerous examples of smart Nigerians doing well for themselves out there who would have been tied down by the shackles of tribalism/corruption back home...
I'd chose a society who rewards hardwork competence and labour over one who flavours in mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by jedisco(m): 8:43am On Sep 21, 2022
Treadway:
the volume of your posts here is mind-boggling, yet i'm the one loitering. Once again, slow your role! Your positions and assumptions are wayyyy off. I have already stated my ONLY reason for considering travelling earlier. Conquering the world and having that mindset is what I'm preaching and living, but that isn't what the wave of Nigerians are doing. They want to just get to the white man's land. Which is why many won't even mind doing jobs they wouldn't touch with a ten-foot pole at home. And end up with humble, uninspiring lives. This is what most settle for and are ok with (you said so yourself), as long as it is in the white man's land. I never can quite understand that. Ciao!

Everyone has their legitimate 'only' reason for travelling. There is dignity in labour.
A lizard in Nigeria will not become a crocodile in the west.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by sweetlady4real(f): 10:01am On Sep 21, 2022
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 6:47am On Sep 25, 2022
Japa

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 5:34pm On Sep 27, 2022
Hmm .think wella b4 japa don't resign your Good job or closed down your successful business and be forced to pay for slave warehouse work in the uk

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by tshtsh: 4:52am On Sep 29, 2022
Munamoqel:
Hmm .think wella b4 japa don't resign your Good job or closed down your successful business and be forced to pay for slave warehouse work in the uk

I still do not understand why people liquidate their assets , businesses or even resign from a job after getting a UK tier 4 visa. That visa is a temporary visa. Its a study visa . If you are unable to secure an indefinite leave to remain (ILR) will you return to nigeria and start from the scratch ? The US green card (which is hard to get if applying outside the family class) and the canadian PR grants the holder a right to permanent residence in the country but not the tier 4 visa. I pray and hope people understand the difference. The UK graduate visa (issued after studies) is valid for two years and non-renewable hence finding a sponsor within the 2-year period is necessary. If unable to find a sponsor the holder may have to return to their home country and if you have nothing in your home country then it becomes harder. Doing this in your 20s is fine as they say nothing spoil. But the trend I'm seeing now is established family men and women with kids taking this route. It is risky doing this in your late 30s or 40s

3 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by hunee: 5:09am On Sep 29, 2022
Broskies, It is a very difficult task to conquer the world with the kind of systemic corruption we have in Nigeria. Those of us that have being in business for years, can testify. You need a space and platform which why i think alot of people prefer to relocate abroad and grow their enterprise. Both of you have valid points, but one superceeds others based on realities at hand.
Treadway:
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by TMwise1942: 9:15am On Sep 29, 2022
Only you say house cost money no the, and you know wan come back, why you come the tell us? E be like say you want make amadioha strike kill you there, Oga wether you like it or not eroupe or nothing.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Phelixblaq(m): 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2022
All I know be say many of Una wey be anti-japa for this thread. Your children will be on nairaland in the next 20 years asking about which country is good to go including the Op.... ire ooo

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by tshtsh: 1:47am On Sep 30, 2022
Treadway:
they left because of misleading threads, the thrill of the wuruwuru conversions and the bandwagon effect. Believe me, most people leaving are leaving cos everyone seems to be leaving. No plan, no ambition. I just must japa too. Believe it. Nigeria is a shithole confirmed, but those that will stinkingly prosper in it will still prosper. Do you realise, most of the averagely well to do ppl, were actually pretty comfy. Had a car, some sef house, 24hr electricity. But yearned for more, which isn't a bad thing. Security is important. Access to healthcare and good education is important. But over there comes with its own challenges, moral decadence and pollution (most of the japarians should be warming up to have many LGBTQ children in a few years time, for sure), racism, inclement weather, gangs and gun violence in some places, rocky marriages (if you like deny this) etc. Me personally, that first one bother me a lot. I would rather my kids are teens, well formed and not so impressionable, before sending them there for education, assuming the educational system is still decayed here by then. The thing is there are so many things to consider both ways, that most right now aren't even thinking about. They just want to japa and be making 20million naira per month based off of wuruwuru conversions they saw on Nairaland...oh and to be able to take pictures in the abroad too...lol. hilarious
My little cents is people should plan. I see a lot of people just jumping on the japa train with little or no plans. No accommodation, no money, no plan what they plan to do in the short, mid and near future. Some borrowed proof of funds while some have liquidated all they have worked for. Age is also not on some people's side.

A guy I know started his career at a bank in 2005. He turned 41 this 2022 and decided to japa with his wife + kids some weeks ago. They sold their mechanic garage, land + house in lagos and car. He enrolled in a masters program and if things go fine he will complete the masters program at the age of 42. Assuming he starts working at 42 on a graduate visa for two years till he is 44. Then switch to a work visa at the age of 44. I don't know if the UK immigration act takes into consideration the years spent on tier 4 and graduate visa when calculating eligibility days for indefinite leave to remain in UK. I know it takes 5 years of being on a work visa hence give + take it will take 5 - 7 years to secure permanent residence in the UK. When you become a permanent resident at the age of 47 how many years of working do you have to take a mortgage and pay it up ?Credit facilities to nationals and permanent residents are more generous than what is available to temporary residents. People should endeavor to consider the pros and cons of their japa movement. It favors younger people more and that is why a country like canada targets young , highly skilled and masters/phd holders under the age of 30. It is believed that people in this category end up doing better because they come in as permanent residents and join the canadian workforce early enough .

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Greystone: 7:16am On Sep 30, 2022
jedisco:

Lol. Interesting points you raised.
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by jedisco(m): 6:15pm On Oct 02, 2022
https://businessday.ng/news/article/20bn-diaspora-remittances-4-times-fdi-investments-in-2021-buhari/

https://punchng.com/nigerians-in-diaspora-remit-65-34bn-in-three-years/

Thanks to remittances flowing in, at least the naira has not completely collapsed against the dollar. The average remittance per Nigerian abroad based on 2020 Diaspora population is $38,428.15 across three years.

A reminder that estimates put the number of Nigerians in diaspora at 1.7million- less than 1% of our population.

Brilliant Nigerians have made good name for themselves abroad. A lizard in Nigeria will not become a croc abroad.

1 Like

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by jedisco(m): 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2022
Regarding cost of labour, yes it's relatively more expensive in the west but for very good reason.

It's the reason why;
-Irrespective of what job you do in most western nations, you'd get a liveable pay.
-The minimum wage in Nigeria equates to far less than 1usd/hr. Before you mention earning in naira, remember that your senators earn more than presidents of western nations.

There is dignity in labour. I have much more respect for he woman selling akara than a thieving politician.

Like I said earlier, in developed countries, the government needs you to work so you can contribute to the system and not depend on the government hence every job has a reasonable pay. In Nigeria, you need to work to survive. Hence why graduates earn less than 30k/month i.e less than 1400 per day.

3 Likes

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 3:42pm On Oct 13, 2022
7 million people waiting for Heathcare after scamming Nigerians Japarains after paying over 460 pounds for poor service .UK na scammers

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 3:54pm On Oct 13, 2022
Over 8000 new arrivals ( dependants kids ) are currently stranded with no enrol space for schools and might miss the term .
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by jedisco(m): 10:15pm On Oct 14, 2022
Munamoqel:
7 million people waiting for Heathcare after scamming Nigerians Japarains after paying over 460 pounds for poor service .UK na scammers

Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 10:33pm On Oct 14, 2022
jedisco:

another scam . Corona virus proofed other wise . Few death in Africa massive death in America
Re: Reverse Japa !!! Nigerians Travelling Back To Nigeria For Medicals by Munamoqel: 8:35am On Oct 15, 2022

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Policeman Renders Help To Stranded Travelers On Their Way To Abuja (photos) / LASG To Close Pen Cinema Axis For Construction Work / Nigerian Passengers Pay Higher To African Countries Than Within Europe, UAE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.