Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) (897 Views)

Apc's Grand Scheme: Why Tinubu Will Not Last As President (opinion) / What Would Happen Should Tinubu Become President(Opinion) / Say Something Nice To Nigeria As We Mark 60th Independence Anniversary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 16, 2022
I think what Nigeria needs right now when it comes to leadership is someone who has toughness, someone who's decisive in making strong but precise decisions, irrespective of what may happen but for the greater good of the country.

In the words of shettima, " Nice men don't make good leaders" how true are these words... shettima said Nice men should be selling pop-corn or ice-cream and not put into positions of leadership.

Peter obi is a very refined man, who's careful about almost everything, his name and legacy means so much to him and he just want to be simple and be in the good books of everyone... that may be a problem.

Can Peter Obi fight or put a stop to the power that be? We all know there is a stronghold stopping Nigeria to move forward... we talk about the cabals, can Peter obi withstand the antics of the cabals?

Big questions.
What do u think?

1 Like

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by sarkinbauchi: 6:39am On Sep 16, 2022
That's why Atiku remains the best man for the job.
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 16, 2022
sarkinbauchi:
who is talking about expired milk

8 Likes

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Anigreat: 6:43am On Sep 16, 2022
shocked

See where Buhari toughness has landed us today. They say GEJ was weak, that Nigeria needed a tough leader to put an end to corruption and insurgency, the voted out GEJ and vote in a complete idiot with the believe that the idiot is tough...have you seen where the toughness of the idiot landed us today.

So please spare me that, there's nothing like toughness in leadership, but a sound mind to make and implement policies that will be of benefit to the citizens.

Of truth, the only person that can put an end to all these nonsense cabals, is Obi. Buhari cabal lead administration will be a joke compare to Tinubu or Atiku, if unfortunate any of the two emerge, but God forbid.

14 Likes

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by adeoyekay(m): 6:44am On Sep 16, 2022
BadRadio:
I think what Nigeria needs right now when it comes to leadership is someone who has toughness, someone who's decisive in making strong but precise decisions, irrespective of what may happen but for the greater good of the country.

In the words of shettima, " Nice men don't make good leaders" how true are these words... shettima said Nice men should be selling pop-corn or ice-cream and not put into positions of leadership.

Peter obi is a very refined man, who's careful about almost everything, his name and legacy means so much to him and he just want to be simple and be in the good books of everyone... that may be a problem.

Can Peter Obi fight or put a stop to the power that be? We all know there is a stronghold stopping Nigeria to move forward... we talk about the cabals, can Peter obi withstand the antics of the cabals?

Big questions.
What do u think?
Apart from Peter Obi, can other presidential aspirant put a stop to Cabals.
This is a rhetoric question no one can determine for another man. What we need now is to exercise our franchise and vote for the candidates of our choice instead of thinking who is nice or tough. Right from the onset Nigeria has been dealing with tough men, which I cannot number.

With these tough men on power , what are their changes to Nigeria has a whole?

Is their any improvement from security to educational level?

Please forget about nice or tough

4 Likes

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by hedonido: 6:46am On Sep 16, 2022
I think it's a bit too late for these grand ideas and tailor made preferences.

It's important to recognise that the choices before you right now are Tinubu (in all of his questionable, integrity challenged, criminally dubious, health challenged glory), Atiku (whose antecedents are stark) and Peter Obi.

With these three choices available, you're condemned to choosing only one out of them. Regardless of whatever weaknesses or limitations each of them has, you MUST choose one - the least evil as the case may be. Who would that be in the circumstances?

4 Likes

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by mrvitalis(m): 6:47am On Sep 16, 2022
BadRadio:

Big questions.
What do u think?
I don't know why Nigerians think because someone is calm and talk softly they are not strong mind ...to them people like wike are strong then the likes of osibanjo and Peter obi are weak lol that couldn't be more wrong

When obi took over as Anambra governor ...the money bags ruled Anambra ...I mean men that on two occasions kidnapped the governor of the state and locked him in the bathroom of his house

I'm talking men even Obasanjo couldn't deal with and asked ngige to go settle for his own sake

When obi came he handled them relegated them till date ...obi humbled them defeated them in their own game ... decisions obi would take without blinking would shock you ooh

13 Likes

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by limeta(f): 6:50am On Sep 16, 2022

All you want there is Peter Obi forget the calm smiling face you see now
He get the job done even the thieving politicians knows it .

4 Likes

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Corridon: 6:51am On Sep 16, 2022
Go and check Obi's antecedents when he was the governor of Anambra state before you conclude. And if you know the kind of politicians and money bags that are from Anambra and Obi relegated them then you won't be saying this. Being gentle doesn't mean being a coward. Ok look at Buhari a so called army general but see how he is weak in every aspect of governance.

5 Likes

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Benoxvals(m): 7:07am On Sep 16, 2022
BadRadio:

Big questions.
What do u think?

Do no underestimate a calculated nice gentle quiet man..Their ability of being unpredictable will be a mark on The so-called cabals.
A weak man can never control the empire and money that PO has in today’s financial battle field.

1 Like

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by rickpat(m): 7:09am On Sep 16, 2022
Nigerians are not paying you with their hard earned money(tax payers money) to be nice as a president...just go in there and do you job reasonably,abide and defend your oath of office... not a awarding inflated contracts,not following due process and pretend as if you don't know you are ruching yourself and your fellow POLITICANS....
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by PresidObi: 7:10am On Sep 16, 2022
You people are underestimating Peter Obi grin

The old corrupt billionaire group in Anambra state made that same mistake, and by the time he finished with them, they had nothing but respect and admiration for him.

Go and verify.

1 Like

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by PraizHim: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2022
He fought God fathers in Anambra to a standstill. Anambra Billionaires who were sharing the monthly allocation once it came from Abuja. No shishi for them for 8 years and till today they still hate him with a passion.
We need someone now with human feeling/ face.

People that are nixe can also be mean when the line is crossed

1 Like

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Truvelisback(m): 7:37am On Sep 16, 2022
BadRadio:

Big questions.
What do u think?
U are rice.
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Nobody: 7:57am On Sep 16, 2022
hedonido:

It's important to recognise that the choices before you right now are Tinubu (in all of his questionable, integrity challenged, criminally dubious, health challenged glory), Atiku (whose antecedents are stark) and Peter Obi.

With these three choices available, you're condemned to choosing only one out of them. Regardless of whatever weaknesses or limitations each of them has, you MUST choose one - the least evil as the case may be. Who would that be in the circumstances?

Peter Obi of course
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 16, 2022
PraizHim:
He fought God fathers in Anambra to a standstill. Anambra Billionaires who were sharing the monthly allocation once it came from Abuja. No shishi for them for 8 years and till today they still hate him with a passion.
We need someone now with human feeling/ face.

OP, this is your answer. Sometimes toughness and meekness are found in the same vessel
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

I don't know why Nigerians think because someone is calm and talk softly they are not strong mind ...to them people like wike are strong then the likes of osibanjo and Peter obi are weak lol that couldn't be more wrong

When obi took over as Anambra governor ...the money bags ruled Anambra ...I mean men that on two occasions kidnapped the governor of the state and locked him in the bathroom of his house

I'm talking men even Obasanjo couldn't deal with and asked ngige to go settle for his own sake

When obi came he handled them relegated them till date ...obi humbled them defeated them in their own game ... decisions obi would take without blinking would shock you ooh

OP, see your answer o. Obi is as tough as they come
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Doubleoh7: 8:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Let me tell you a story about why the hawk feasts on young chickens till today. Folklore have it that mother hawk sent her child to go hunt for their meal and it went and came back with a duckling. When the mother asked the child what did the mother whom you took her child do, the child said the mother duck kept mute, and was just staring at him. Mother hawk asked her child to please return the duckling to the mother, that the one who kept silent even when pressed is too dangerous to be toyed with as there is a lot that mind is concealing. The young hawk went and returned the duckling and continued hunting, came back again with a young chicken. Mother hawk again asked her question about what the mother of the chicken did, the kid said the mother hen was screaming and threatening while he made away with the chicken. Mother hawk said yes, let's feast! For the one who screamed and threatened have done their worst already.

Be careful when you deal with those persons that say less, they often do more. Anybody that have dealt closely with PO will always tell you that guy has a very stubborn personality when it comes to decision making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Sep 16, 2022
Doubleoh7:
Let me tell you a story about why the hawk feasts on young chickens till today. Folklore have it that mother hawk sent her child to go hunt for their meal and it went and came back with a duckling. When the mother asked the child what did the mother whom you took her child do, the child said the mother duck kept mute, and was just staring at him. Mother hawk asked her child to please return the duckling to the mother, that the one who kept silent even when pressed is too dangerous to be toyed with as there is a lot that mind is concealing. The young hawk went and returned the duckling and continued hunting, came back again with a young chicken. Mother hawk again asked her question about what the mother of the chicken did, the kid said the mother hen was screaming and threatening while he made away with the chicken. Mother hawk said yes, let's feast! For the one who screamed and threatened have done their worst already.

Be careful when you deal with those persons that say less, they often do more. Anybody that have dealt closely with PO will always tell you that guy has a very stubborn personality when it comes to decision making.
hmm
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Mstick: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
You mean the same Obi that defeated Uwazurike, Asari Dokubo and their MASSOB group?

Bro like Obi will say, go and verify.

grin

2 Likes

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Foolishbuhari: 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

They don't know the mystery behind how his name changed from Adaobi to Okute! grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by stanluiz(m): 4:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

Don't mind them.

They think Obi is weak but they forget that obi is ruthless when he want to treat your fuckup.
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by mrvitalis(m): 5:09pm On Sep 16, 2022
Foolishbuhari:

They don't know the mystery behind how his name changed from Adaobi to Okute! grin cheesy
Lol obi is brutal sha ooh
But trust me datti is worse ...I shall feel for bandits if obi wins

2 Likes

Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Owopariola001: 5:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
hedonido:

TINUBU.
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Owopariola001: 5:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

Who are these men you're referring to? Can you please name 3 of them?
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Dontcum(m): 5:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
What Nigeria needs right now is a man like Peter Obi.
A man who’s got a prestige and a personality that needs not be soiled. A very man can’t be the same. We need a different breed. We’ve had enough of this same men of “DISTRUCTIONTS”. Petter Obi is quite different, I believe, from what we’ve at the moment in terms of politicians. If not given a chance to lead, we can’t tell if he’s any different from the can of “EATERS”we’ve got so far.
#El-lakøta��
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by mrvitalis(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Owopariola001:

Who are these men you're referring to? Can you please name 3 of them?
Lol one said he had a trillion then
One could not speak English but kidnapped a governor
One is so powerful he made police site zonal office in his village ...mind you his village is not awka or ontisha or even nnewi or even obosi or oba ...just saying

One has been responsible for why some refineries in Nigeria would never work

Bros them plenty
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by RZArecta(m): 5:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
BadRadio:
who is talking about expired milk
just campaign for Tinubu with your chest let us hear word
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by PROUDIGBO(m): 5:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
What was that thing Obama said again about Africa needing strong institutions and not strong men!

A lot of Nigerians are still stuck with a military/despotic era mindset.
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Arielle: 5:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
sarkinbauchi:
How, when he's part of the problem? Will he fight himself?
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by Owopariola001: 5:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
mrvitalis:

Lol one said he had a trillion then
One could not speak English but kidnapped a governor
One is so powerful he made police site zonal office in his village ...mind you his village is not awka or ontisha or even nnewi or even obosi or oba ...just saying

One has been responsible for why some refineries in Nigeria would never work

Bros them plenty

Can you please Name them. Not everyone lives in Anambra.
Re: I Think Mr Obi Is Too Nice To Be President (opinion) by mrvitalis(m): 5:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Owopariola001:

Can you please Name them. Not everyone lives in Anambra.
Ask your friends from Anambra oga leave me alone ...no put me for trouble

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter User Claims Tinubu Slept Off At Gombe Emirs Palace / Tinubu built Lagos but travels to UK for treatment. / F-A-K-E News... Governor Wike Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.