Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,119 members, 7,821,833 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (59001 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by sunbreaker: 6:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
you are saying these nonsense because one or two of your family never be a victims of all these one way driving.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by ufotunang: 6:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
That is the Lagos they said tinubu developed and bettered the life's of Lagosians...just to add more pain teats, hardship to Lagosians
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Dadadididacontr: 7:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
PeachtreeReside:

You are very correct. Tinubu made him drive against traffic.....

Ongba lori yin. Na Tinubu make them drive one way abi.

Please go back to your room and have a mental surgical reset
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by tete7000(m): 7:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

And you think those punishments commensurate with offence committed? Can you cut someone else because he stole sweet? No justice anytime the offence and punishment do not commensurate. What is happening in Lagos is gross injustice. You can't build a sane society on injustice where you leave room for some people to exploit others.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Enimin: 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
pocohantas:
I always hated driving one way, but I never understood the gravity until I was nearly knocked down by one.

Went somewhere, parked in a street and proceeded to cross the road.

I crossed the first part and stood on that demarcation to cross the second side. I looked to the right because that is the only side vehicles should be coming from. Next thing I heard people shouting. That was when I looked to my left and saw this SUV less than a feet from me.

In my confused state I ran backwards because it looked like he was swerving to the left. He swerved to the right but made sure not to hit me. I broke my ankle and couldn’t walk properly for a while. It could have been worse.

All this yada yada talk of his child being sick is not relevant here.

Always check both sides even when you're crossing just half of the road...and spread this message too....always check both sides.

The same people catching and selling offending vehicles are the kings of one-way driving, so it's not going to stop anytime soon!

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fantazy(m): 8:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
Do they still need to tell the fucking government or whoever the Bleep seized their only means of survival to pity them

At least they should apply human feeling na! Gosh!

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by campbelljosh(m): 9:22pm On Sep 16, 2022
It's crazyy menh
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by lailo: 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
We don't use sense when we read news but sentiment. No court will sentence traffic offender to 3 years in prison. The guy may not be saying the truth. There are discrepancies in the dates. He may actually have killed someone in the course or do hit-and-run and the jailing may even be for a different crime entirely. The law is blind, if u break it, it will break you.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by lailo: 9:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
tete7000:

And you think those punishments commensurate with offence committed? Can you cut someone else because he stole sweet? No justice anytime the offence and punishment do not commensurate. What is happening in Lagos is gross injustice. You can't build a sane society on injustice where you leave room for some people to exploit others.
Do u know what they call injustice or u are just being unfortunate? The law has been there before the offenders commit the crime. They already know the consequence, so why commit the crime and expect a different punishment? Do u tell government what punishment they should give an offence? If u feel the punishment is too much for such offence, then stay away from breaking it. Is that too much for u guys to do?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by lailo: 9:59pm On Sep 16, 2022
tete7000:

Do u know what they call injustice or u are just being ignorant? The law has been there before the offenders commit the crime. They already know the consequence, so why commit the crime and expect a different punishment? Do u tell government what punishment they should give an offence? If u feel the punishment is too much for such offence, then stay away from breaking it. Is that too much for u guys to do?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 16, 2022
I
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
I wonder why you guys hardly use your head. You always try to connect every bad thing to tinubu like he's the cause of your regions underdevelopment. Now if you are insulting him for setting rules and regulations for lagos roads and drivers I'll advise you to continue for the next 8 years or better still go to another country
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nobody: 10:11pm On Sep 16, 2022
Ruggedniggaone:
Nonsense! which one is igbo widow?na only igbo widow car them impounded? This news is combinations of trash I swear
I con tire oo. Like was it necessary to name her tribe?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by antibullshit: 12:37am On Sep 17, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
Mumus

See how they're acting like the victims now.
HOW DID THEY GET TO THAT POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

They broke the law!!!
A LOT OF PEOPLE GET KILLED EVERY DAY BY ONE-WAY OFFENDER DRIVERS

Actions have consequences...

YOU ARE ALWAYS FREE TO DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE, BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOUR ACTIONS WILL ALWAYS BE MET WITH REACTIONS TOO.
It beats my imagination why some nigerians feel theres nothing wrong with driving against traffic . Ive lived in other countries and have never seen that . The danger alone should deter any sane person from doing such a thing! Sadly, even the police who should know better also do it!
Some nigerians need their heads examined !
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nobody: 2:51am On Sep 17, 2022
yesloaded:
Drivers needs to get sense & avoid breaking traffic rules anyhow

Lagos state government needs to stop this barbaric act of auctioning people's vehicle anyhow

Jail term with option of fine is ok and any offenders jailed suppose to have their vehicle back

It's crazy to jail a man for 3yrs but still auction his vehicle

My advise to those who lives in Lagos feeding hand to mouth is that they should return to their hometown or relocate to another state, Lagos is not for everyone (this might sound harsh but it's bitter truth). When I see the kind of lives some people lives in lagos, I do tell myself that it's better to be farming in one's village than living a miserable life like this in the city
Farming in the village is worst O.Leave matter for martyrs.If na tractor farming that one is good.Besides,can you farm?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nobody: 2:53am On Sep 17, 2022
antibullshit:

It beats my imagination why some nigerians feel theres nothing wrong with driving against traffic . Ive lived in other countries and have never seen that . The danger alone should deter any sane person from doing such a thing! Sadly, even the police who should know better also do it!
Some nigerians need their heads examined !
What about government officials that break both traffic and constitutional law and they never get punished?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by tete7000(m): 6:12am On Sep 17, 2022
lailo:

Do u know what they call injustice or u are just being ignorant? The law has been there before the offenders commit the crime. They already know the consequence, so why commit the crime and expect a different punishment? Do u tell government what punishment they should give an offence? If u feel the punishment is too much for such offence, then stay away from breaking it. Is that too much for u guys to do?

The problem is some of you are too ignorant to be educated. Don't worry, someday you will become a victim of a wicked, oppressive justice system you hail.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by yesloaded: 8:26am On Sep 17, 2022
Revolution2022:
Farming in the village is worst O.Leave matter for martyrs.If na tractor farming that one is good.Besides,can you farm?

I do farm sir

I have small poultry as well rearing layers

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 17, 2022
yesloaded:

I do farm sir

I have small poultry as well rearing layers
I rear poultry too but feeds price for my chickens are on the increase.It's not easy.You know that one also needs a land for his/her farming too.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Zico777(m): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.
God bless u for the piece my brother!
We should always learn to do the right thing.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Corridon: 10:33am On Sep 17, 2022
Zico777:

God bless u for the piece my brother!
We should always learn to do the right thing.
Ok thanks. You won't believe the way some people flooded my mentions to attack me up till now as if I was the one that seized the vehicle. It is alright.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Zico777(m): 10:46am On Sep 17, 2022
Corridon:
Ok thanks. You won't believe the way some people flooded my mentions to attack me up till now as if I was the one that seized the vehicle. It is alright.
Don't mind them.
It's this kind of sentiments that has kept our country on its knees.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Safyqueen: 1:36pm On Sep 17, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:
Mumus

See how they're acting like the victims now.
HOW DID THEY GET TO THAT POINT IN THE FIRST PLACE!?

They broke the law!!!
A LOT OF PEOPLE GET KILLED EVERY DAY BY ONE-WAY OFFENDER DRIVERS

Actions have consequences...

YOU ARE ALWAYS FREE TO DO WHATEVER YOU LIKE, BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT YOUR ACTIONS WILL ALWAYS BE MET WITH REACTIONS TOO.

You don't kill fly with hammer please. Laws are meant for correction not to harm. If that boy turned to a dangerous person due to state actions on him, how man soul do you think will go before he is caught again. Bello Turji in Zamfara is a case study.

In sane country, they correct and enforce same. But in Nigeria they punish and entrenched poverty.

In Nigeria road safety will fine you 10000 naira because of holding expired driving license and still expect you to renew that licence afterwards. But in saner country, they will warn you first, second and they will renew it for you by force. Once you are trained and had acquired driving license, the next thing is revenue generation but Nigeria hmmm.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by bibiking7(m): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2022

I once saw a bike riding against traffic hit a woman. I completely support the forfeiture law. Its called consequences and repercussions. Don't break the law, you won't need to do time or pay fine.

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Ifakiland(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2022
TheFacelessMan:

So they should vote for those who will allow law breaking ?
Wetin concern me and who una vote....smh no be una go suffer am?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by TheFacelessMan: 1:50pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ifakiland:

Ifakiland to his useless father
Wetin concern me and who una vote....smh no be una go suffer am?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MRNIGERDoxx(m): 6:13am On Sep 25, 2022
yesloaded:

Sir, I treasured your valuable contribution.

Greatness

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.