Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (59005 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by compton11(m): 10:50am On Sep 16, 2022
Alpharey:

I think it was 3 months jail term.
a'ight
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Tochj(m): 10:54am On Sep 16, 2022
anonymous1759:

Agbero work for NURT which is controlled by local government. I’ve seen it in different states in Nigeria they sell tickets.
You give commission for picking passengers in some bustops you pick and carry passenger it’s only in Lagos you refer to them as Agbero.

That Aside we’re taking about drivers and police arrest . Which is said it’s optional police can’t arrest you for not committing any offense .
You mean that Oluomo works for the Local government?
Local government ticket is different from Agbero money.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by IreneJane: 10:56am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.

Now it was tinubu that auction their vehicles .. let's do the right thing to make nigeria a better place . We need to handle with iron hands ... don't be that type that will see a sign "pls don't urinate here " then go on to urinate being government properties , don't be the one that damage government properties in disguise of protest..
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by highbee02: 10:56am On Sep 16, 2022
yesloaded:
Drivers needs to get sense & avoid breaking traffic rules anyhow

Lagos state government needs to stop this barbaric act of auctioning people's vehicle anyhow

Jail term with option of fine is ok and any offenders jailed suppose to have their vehicle back

It's crazy to jail a man for 3yrs but still auction his vehicle

My advise to those who lives in Lagos feeding hand to mouth is that they should return to their hometown or relocate to another state, Lagos is not for everyone (this might sound harsh but it's bitter truth). When I see the kind of lives some people lives in lagos, I do tell myself that it's better to be farming in one's village than living a miserable life like this in the city

I will not succumb to the relocation, they will constitute nuisance again in their host states. Let them go back to wherever they come from.

A lot of abokis riding okadas here in my country home (Ilorin) are nuisance, they are reckless and u dare not complain, they are ready to fight u with the last drop of blood in their vain.

I don't even want to talk about the KEKE NAPEP. Most of these KEKE NAPEP riders were from Lagos State
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by worksmart(m): 11:00am On Sep 16, 2022
All this calamity because of simply going against traffic!
Lesson: Try and always abide by traffic rules.

RIP to his little daughter.

I wish they manage to raise the money for their vehicle though.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Damoon77(m): 11:02am On Sep 16, 2022
At least the Government should have tempered justice with mercy since he had already undergone 3 years imprisonment ..
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by anonymous1759(m): 11:08am On Sep 16, 2022
Tochj:

You mean that Oluomo works for the Local government?
Local government ticket is different from Agbero money.

It’s the same thing .
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by kenoyad: 11:20am On Sep 16, 2022
yesloaded:
Drivers needs to get sense & avoid breaking traffic rules anyhow

Lagos state government needs to stop this barbaric act of auctioning people's vehicle anyhow

Jail term with option of fine is ok and any offenders jailed suppose to have their vehicle back

It's crazy to jail a man for 3yrs but still auction his vehicle

My advise to those who lives in Lagos feeding hand to mouth is that they should return to their hometown or relocate to another state, Lagos is not for everyone (this might sound harsh but it's bitter truth). When I see the kind of lives some people lives in lagos, I do tell myself that it's better to be farming in one's village than living a miserable life like this in the city
My opinion too, you spoke my mind.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Unrated900(m): 11:22am On Sep 16, 2022
Mynd44:
So he won the bid and he is basically buying back the car now.

Read what was written and understand English
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Unrated900(m): 11:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Munamoqel:
how can you sentence him to 3 years and still seize the bus if the road traffic was manage who will follow one way .this cruelty but free corrupt people .

Just pray that you shouldn’t be victims of circumstance of one way.
Do u know how many people were been killed at ikeja along due to the menace of this one way
Compare to the whole Lagos state.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 11:33am On Sep 16, 2022
detectivejones:
The thing is until we recognize 'na everybod get for body,' then things will begin to go well.
Even if we get the right man... Na like this we go dey condemn am...many just don't want to be responsible... Or face the consequences of their action ... Abeg forgive no dey do am for things that involves life... We never ready ooo
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by HRMK: 11:44am On Sep 16, 2022
SO,TO YOU,TINUBU IS A THIEF?MENTION TO ME ANY POLITICIAN THAT ISNT A THIEF?I GUESS OBI ISNT?ASK OBI WHAT HE WAS DOING WITH #200M OF STATE FUND IN HIS CONVOY AS GOV OF ANAMBRA STATE!HE COULD BE ON THE LOOKOUT TO BUY AGBADO FOR THE HUNGRY CITIZENS OF ANAMBRA.......HAHAHA......YEYE DEY SMELL!!
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by africantycoon: 11:44am On Sep 16, 2022
anonymous1759:
I feel pity for her but Nigerians needs iron hand . Sometimes while going out you’ll see buses , commercial cars plying BRT road even when the road is free. Lagos state should start arresting people throwing thrash on the expressway too this will help reduce the menace .

[b]Nigerians like how Europe is clean [/b]but they can’t Emulate it here , I don’t know if they want to blame poverty for throwing dirt on the floor or breaking traffic rules .

They will say they want to move to "saner climes"...they want to spoil the sanitythere with their own stupid behavviors
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Donchieli: 11:44am On Sep 16, 2022
5hiw story no clear
3 years sentence in 2021 and by 2022
You don complete ur sentence. 3 years sentence? In probably a year or less

jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428577/igbo-widow-son-tears-beg-lagos-government-auction-vehicle-photos-video/
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Josephkabila12: 11:46am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
But he violate stipulated rules and regulations. So he has to face the consequences
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by BigDick70inch(m): 11:53am On Sep 16, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

WAIT AND READ YORUBAS IN THIS FORUM REJOICING OVER SOMEBODY ELSE TEARS

YORUBAS ARE SADIST BY DNA

Begger!!!
U playing tribalism too...
Spit on yo wretched life...
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by ozo13(m): 12:03pm On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

always good to hear the other side.human race always paint stories to their favor.am sure the offense committed here will not be even up to 50k yet it was not settled .I listened to Lagos state official side of the story today.may God help us
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by wolebest: 12:10pm On Sep 16, 2022
All those making a case and running your mouths for those punished for driving against traffic,

What will you say if one of your family members was knocked down and killed by drivers driving against traffic?

May you not become a victim or victims of drivers driving against traffic.

You had better be careful with your not so well thought out comments against Lagos State Government for their actions.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by comodo: 12:11pm On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)
Concurrent sentence

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Eaglesence: 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

Even at that, the punishment is too grievous. He has gone to jail for his behavior, lost his child while in jail, why still sell of the only means of lively hood? If that man Carry gun now begin enter people house, what would be said of him.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Bobbiee: 12:14pm On Sep 16, 2022
Next time they wouldn't flout laws. Please note, I am an Igbo man, but I do not tolerate people that flout laws. This system should be extended to litterers and should be spread to every state in Nigeria.

I hate people that litter and people that drive recklessly
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by chrisblack1234: 12:18pm On Sep 16, 2022
There is no way i can vote tinubu, but the truth is follow the rules of the govt.. Traffic offenders will be prosecuted..you know the rules,why are you against it..now you are showing pity face .shame..
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by YeyeGbami: 12:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by OdefaGirl(f): 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)

Where did you see the date of the purchased bus?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Creamypie(m): 12:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
OdefaGirl:

Where did you see the date of the purchased bus?
3rd paragraph, read lines 1 and 2 sir
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by overseasnbeyond: 12:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Do you have law in the country, simply admits there is WICKEDNESS in that country.
The same country you steal 1 billion naira and got a bond of 1Million but the poor who is hungry steal bread and go to jail.

Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Enyimbamercedes: 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Road traffic offenders are scum of the earth and while their crying faces elicit pity; they deserve none of this!

They are only crying cos they got caught driving one-way or breaking traffic rules which is a very very selfish habit.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by OdefaGirl(f): 12:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
3rd paragraph, read lines 1 and 2 sir

Okay baby girl
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by TruthHurts100: 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
You drove against traffic!
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by detectivejones: 12:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Even if we get the right man... Na like this we go dey condemn am...many just don't want to be responsible... Or face the consequences of their action ... Abeg forgive no dey do am for things that involves life... We never ready ooo
Its so bad that these actions are seen as norm and if you dare to talk same people castigating the country of being corrupt and back will call you wicked and heartless.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by cocolacec(m): 1:00pm On Sep 16, 2022
MondayOsunbor:

this is heart breaking

NIGERiANS SHOULD ARRANGE AND HELP THESE PEOPLE

WICKED LAGOS GOVERNMENT JUST Robbed THEM OF THEIR LIVELIHOOD
Abia Governor can takeover the bus ,so he can drive one -way in Umuahia.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:04pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
That is a stupid law. Nobody seizes your car and sell it because you drove against the traffic in London. This sheer wickedness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.