Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,173 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (59016 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Offpoint1: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Why not fine them heavily instead of auctioning their cars?

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Uyi168: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Focusmind: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Lagos will reset your brain. I don't go anywhere in Lagos with my car if I am not conversant with the road networks there. Forget Google maps. I rather enter bus and save myself stress and lastma problem.

Last two Sundays, my wife wanted me to take her some where in Idumu for her friend's Child dedication. I just didn't know that route very well and I told her I would follow her on condition that we have to use public bus. Though she didn't like it but this is Lagos. Law enforcement officers here are wolves.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by 27Pushing30: 7:23am On Sep 16, 2022
Next time you will not drive against traffic unless you have settlement money .

8 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nyamiri: 7:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Munamoqel:
how can you sentence him to 3 years and still seize the bus .this cruelty but free corrupt people .

He won the bid. Learn to read with your brain intact.

4 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428577/igbo-widow-son-tears-beg-lagos-government-auction-vehicle-photos-video/

WAIT AND READ YORUBAS IN THIS FORUM REJOICING OVER SOMEBODY ELSE TEARS

YORUBAS ARE SADIST BY DNA

2 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Elidrisy20: 7:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Lagos governor dey crazy, give ppl back their belongs

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Akinsete19(m): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Slynation(m): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2022
A man who bought a bus in 2021 yet has finished serving jail term of 3years in October 2022...

Taking morning and night in a cell as 2days, and Car was bought in Jan 2021, it's quite possible tho...

But this method is quite too extreme if citizens ain't fully aware of the consequences...But I think other state should inculcate this method so that we go wise for Nigeria...

9 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by lexikul(m): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Three years for traffic offense? The poor are really oppressed in this country.

7 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Born2Breed(f): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Sad
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Buhari4sale: 7:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Yes ! I said it
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Komu1048(m): 7:24am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule.

He can only be a president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I swear I am going to vote him.

Even though it's sad n I felt sorry for him n it's avoidable, but if you or any of your household have been knocked by this one-way violator. U won't be here spewing rubbish.

Nigeria needs iron hand like Tinubu. This country must work by fire by force, everyone must get sense

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by anonymous1759(m): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2022
I feel pity for her but Nigerians needs iron hand . Sometimes while going out you’ll see buses , commercial cars plying BRT road even when the road is free. Lagos state should start arresting people throwing thrash on the expressway too this will help reduce the menace .

Nigerians like how Europe is clean but they can’t Emulate it here , I don’t know if they want to blame poverty for throwing dirt on the floor or breaking traffic rules .

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Pimine: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
Until the traffic offenders kill you or your relatives before you condemn them. Rule is rule. Without rules we are nothing but savages.
I understand you perfectly but let's all be humane. Does he deserve to be punished? yes. Is the punishment far greater than the crime? yes. Let's stop killing flies with sledgehammers.

NOTE
To all those who quoted me to comment like rascals without proper upbringing, I only have to tell you that negative words don't glue to me, rather they go back to their origin which is you. To those who engaged me like civilized humans, well done.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by zikter(m): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Driving against traffic is one the most dangerous things to do. Where the son wadriving against traffic, he must have been insulting people who have the right of way as they usually do. Today he is crying. Let this serve as a lesson to him and others reading this

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nyamiri: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Atleast there should have been a warning by paying a little amount for disobedience, but no, it's total auctioning, so that poor people Continue to suffer endlessly.

He can only be a president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I swear I am going to vote him.

You are a big fool.
I hope when one-way drivers kill your elderly parents and children, you will get sense.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by rusher14: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Munamoqel:
how can you sentence him to 3 years and still seize the bus .this cruelty but free corrupt people .

In many countries the vehicle would go to the junk yard.

What you won't try abroad you want to do in Nigeria then turn around to blast you own country.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Oluwaseunomo: 7:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Mtcheeww cry me a river

4 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Tonypen247(m): 7:25am On Sep 16, 2022
Sinners judge sinners for sinning differently.

This is not in any way to condone the crime. He was faulty and he should face the consequences of his actions. My only problem is that the judge went too far in delivering justice. He should have given justice with mercy. undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by gfon(m): 7:26am On Sep 16, 2022
Munamoqel:
Omo leave am if one way drivers has ever killed any of your relatives,you won't be saying this. Let people just obey the laid down rules. There are rules for all this offences,let's not be emotional over this matter. A word is enough for the wise

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nyamiri: 7:26am On Sep 16, 2022
lexikul:
Three years for traffic offense? The poor are really oppressed in this country.

Go outside Nigeria and drive one-way let's see what becomes of you. Most of you have crime in your DNA.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nobody: 7:26am On Sep 16, 2022
Eiya �
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by rusher14: 7:26am On Sep 16, 2022
Pimine:

I understand you perfectly but let's all be humane. Does he deserve to be punished? yes. Is the punishment far greater than the crime? yes. Let's stop killing flies with sledgehammers.

Leave story.

Driving against traffic has resulted in death of many Nigerians.

I remember a medical doctor who got killed around Magodo years ago.

We shouldn't wait till it gets to us.

13 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

LONDON AND LAGOS IS NOW THE SAME COUNTRY

THE SAME ECONOMIC POWER

THE SAME THE OPPORTUNITIES

THE SAME GDP

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by arcis: 7:27am On Sep 16, 2022
jaybenugo:

https://igberetvnews.com/1428577/igbo-widow-son-tears-beg-lagos-government-auction-vehicle-photos-video/

So sorry brother...you bought the vehicle in 2021, you spent 3 years in Prison and you have completed your terms. this is 2022..I'm I missing something please?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nyamiri: 7:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Pimine:

Maybe when one-way drivers kill your children, you will see clearly.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Touching story.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nyamiri: 7:27am On Sep 16, 2022
arcis:

So sorry brother...you bought the vehicle in 2021, you spent 3 years in Prison and you have completed your terms. this is 2022..I'm I missing something please?

3 months in jail.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by SmartyPants(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs for traffic of fence!!

There has to be more to the story. Or it is being misreported.

3 years for a traffic offence!!

3 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by zikter(m): 7:27am On Sep 16, 2022
Offpoint1:
Why not fine them heavily instead of auctioning their cars?
If you are in Lagos, you will know that the fine thing didn't work a bit. With this forfeiture law, stubborn people are still taking one way.

5 Likes

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Oluwaseunomo: 7:28am On Sep 16, 2022
Go back to your ibo village and stop crying like a fool

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / How Lagos Will Look In 2030 - Photo! / China Plans To Ease Residence Permit For Foreigners, Chinese Citizens React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.