Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,011 members, 7,821,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 (58998 Views)

Lagos Auctions 134 Vehicles As Traffic Offenders Cry & Beg Bidders (Pictures) / Three Siblings Survive After A Trailer Crushed Their Car In Nsukka (Photos) / $120,000 To Leave Nigeria Or 450,000 Naira Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 1:16pm On Sep 16, 2022
detectivejones:
Its so bad that these actions are seen as norm and if you dare to talk same people castigating the country of being corrupt and back will call you wicked and heartless.
Sigh!!! Just like I do tell some people around me ... A leader is a reflection of his people... Masses ain't really different from the leaders... I still dont believe Nigeria will get better soon... Cus even what I read here ... Mehn!!! Takes tears from my eyes sometimes
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by mofaderera116: 1:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
The law needs to be just and fair. In this case, it's just but not fair.The law needs to be just and fair. In this case, it's just but not fair....
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Obynolee(f): 1:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.

Stop talking nonsense,traffic infraction can be punished by fine in most cases without impounding the car,why sent him to jail,impound his car and still auction it?,who does that?.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by OctavianAC(m): 2:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:
We have to obey the laws if we want to progress as a nation. What you can't do in London is what you are doing in Nigeria. We all want a sane country but we don't want to be sane.
I have seen where traffic law defaulters were charge to court in the west but for this kind of wicked auction, I haven't seen it.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by HBB1(m): 2:03pm On Sep 16, 2022
BABANGBALI:
no, in UK, you would be given public execution

I want to believe that was sarcasm.
grin

Only in an idiotic country as ours will someone be imprisoned for 3 years for driving against traffic.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Amenamen1: 2:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
YOU ARE JUST A BIG FOOL... WHO TOLD YOU YORUBAS AINT FACING SAME ISSUES TOO ?

MondayOsunbor:

WAIT AND READ YORUBAS IN THIS FORUM REJOICING OVER SOMEBODY ELSE TEARS

YORUBAS ARE SADIST BY DNA
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Amenamen1: 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2022
TRY IT IN THE US AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOU

Obynolee:

Stop talking nonsense,traffic infraction can be punished by fine in most cases without impounding the car,why sent him to jail,impound his car and still auction it?,who does that?.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Greenback: 2:28pm On Sep 16, 2022
TheFacelessMan shattap dia, ivartheMENTALgrin:

Niggah... why are you always causing trouble up and down? Was ya Danfo seized or sumfin? undecided
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Emmanuel909090: 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2022
People are going through a lot.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by colestephan86: 2:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
Agboola321:

You can! Everything is subject to questioning. Moreso, in a democratic setting. Its part of reason you have things like public hearing.

Questioning how your country works does not make you a lawbreaker. Its a part of the process
Is how your country works law?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by socialjustice93: 3:08pm On Sep 16, 2022
Agboola321:
Traffic offence is a crime but I feel the rule is quite harsh if he had to spend 3 years in prison. That's a whole lot.

LASG should come up with a more refined and humane approach.

Thanks so much for this submission.

For anyone who thinks because they're Igbo and should suffer, what you don't know is that only the poor masses will bear the brunt of this harsh rule irrespective of ones tribe or how many rich people have you seen that forfeited their vehicle and did time?

The law is law but this particular law is too harsh..

People should learn to condemn evil else everyone suffers.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by imagrg(m): 3:15pm On Sep 16, 2022
What happens to the looted money stacked away in foreign banks?
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by imagrg(m): 3:19pm On Sep 16, 2022
So sad.

But please next time, learn to obey the law.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nyamiri: 3:22pm On Sep 16, 2022
TheFacelessMan:

Thanks for your efforts and rusher14 at cleaning up this thread.

I have Liked and Shared every single post of yours. All of them make sense.

The sentence might seem harsh but believe me those who will lose their cars at auction, those who hear about it will spread the word ....

Gradually people will understand that the Law is the Law in Lagos State. The Government will be initially vilified but eventually imitated in more progressive states.

Thank you my brother.
Those supporting it are doing so based on sentimental reasons. If a one way driver killed one of their parents, they won't be supporting those criminal drivers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Davidganna10: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
I would have died in 2018!

While returning from course mates weeding, with the joy and filled belle, I cross to a lane without looking sideways, something I don't usually miss no matter the lane I was on.

As i crossed I heard car screeching, suddenly I turn to my left and behold a Toyota corolla has just made abrupt stop, few inches from me. I shouted and subsequently ran back to allow the idiot pass.

While i shouted and cursed the driver, onlookers and traders all blamed me.

So I don't have any atom of a sympathy for traffic offenders.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nyamiri: 3:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
Antai123:

God punish ur Life and your entire family, for typing rubbish on my page. Ogun Kee you there, idiot!

Victor Antai, God punish ur Life, your children and your entire family. Your children will be slaves and serve others. You will die miserably and hungry. Ogun Kee you and may you die wretched.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Antoeni(m): 3:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
LASTMA is Lagos State Evil Agency of Torment & Torture on Private Car Owners in Lagos Especially The Non Yorubas Who Are Majorly the Victims
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by detectivejones: 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Sigh!!! Just like I do tell some people around me ... A leader is a reflection of his people... Masses ain't really different from the leaders... I still dont believe Nigeria will get better soon... Cus even what I read here ... Mehn!!! Takes tears from my eyes sometimes
True. Sometimes I even feel we Nigerians derive joy from how rotten the country is with like you said things around
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 3:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
detectivejones:
True. Sometimes I even feel we Nigerians derive joy from how rotten the country is with like you said things around
It is well
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Wuppdex: 3:58pm On Sep 16, 2022
Even though i don't support any Naija politician, but lawlessness should also not be encouraged ok

Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Guide777(m): 4:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

If one way driver don kill you ... You won't be here to blow this grammar ... Abegi joor... Last week traffic no dey, road dey okay...commercial bus I enter still the go round the round about ... Just like 4secs difference just cus traffic warden no dey... Why pass one way in the first place... Nigeria no fit better with this excuses ... If you can help the guy pay help am...
Who said I support one way driving or breaking of any law for that matter? What I want you to understand, is that that law is repressive. How can you jail someone for traffic offence and auction his vehicle? It's not done anywhere in the world. I brought it up because you mentioned UK. And I told you UK issue tickets to traffic offenders in the form of Fine.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Cromagnon: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

All thanks to Tinubu, a very big thanks to him.

This is a man some føolish idiotic nonentities believed and think that Nigerians will vote for so that he can continue with his oppressive rule. Funny enough, the law makers and enforcers are the ones breaking the laws more in Lagos. Till they obey the law they make themselves, will I take them serious.

Atleast there should have been a warning given to defaulters by paying a little amount of money , but no, it's total seizing of their cars and auctioning it at ridiculous amount, so that poor people will Continue to suffer endlessly.

Agbadorian can only be president of Iragbiji not Nigeria, Incase he needs my vote to be life president of Iragbiji community, I am ready to vote him.
don't worry you and your family will soon be fun over by one way offender say amen
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by waliezi(m): 4:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
Creamypie:
So sad mehn. Y sell vehicle of defaulter? Y not ask for better fine. The man even stayed in prison for 3yrs(doesn't seem true, going by the difference between date of bus purchase and today)
. I think it's 3 months. Anyways theguy just need some assistance. Let's raise him some thing here.

1 Like

Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Fearyourcreator: 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2022
Guide777:

Who said I support one way driving or breaking of any law for that matter? What I want you to understand, is that that law is repressive. How can you jail someone for traffic offence and auction his vehicle? It's not done anywhere in the world. I brought it up because you mentioned UK. And I told you UK issue tickets to traffic offenders in the form of Fine.
I don't know how they do it in UK , I did not talk about the uk... The man was not the only person there ... Make he face his wahala... Na him go pass one way
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by dammiedot(m): 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

Pls say it louder!!!
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Wwwq: 4:48pm On Sep 16, 2022
Hmmm
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Nnamaka1: 4:54pm On Sep 16, 2022
Corridon:

Let the same strictness of the law be applied to the politicians. No sacred Goat abeg
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by hurlaryinkah(m): 5:15pm On Sep 16, 2022
Thank you my brother
People believe that everything is politics.
Traffic offenders have killed several people in the past.
Let us join hands with the Government to fight illicit acts in our society.

Corridon:
Until the traffic offenders kill you or your relatives before you condemn them. Rule is rule. Without rules we are nothing but savages.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by Antai123(m): 5:26pm On Sep 16, 2022
Nyamiri:

Victor Antai, God punish ur Life, your children and your entire family. Your children will be slaves and serve others. You will die miserably and hungry. Ogun Kee you and may you die wretched.
Nyamiri, this name means Poverty, wretchedness, sickness and Untimely death.

Since u talk to people any how on social media, you have come to the end of your miserable life.

You won't have family, neither will u have children.... Yours is finished...

You slave that is about to die miserably.
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by iamrealdeji(m): 5:27pm On Sep 16, 2022
Slynation:
A man who bought a bus in 2021 yet has finished serving jail term of 3years in October 2022...

Taking morning and night in a cell as 2days, and Car was bought in Jan 2021, it's quite possible tho...

But this method is quite too extreme if citizens ain't fully aware of the consequences...But I think other state should inculcate this method so that we go wise for Nigeria...
The penalty is too harsh. No one is above mistake
Re: Widow, Son Cry, Beg As They Win Bid To Buy Back Their Car For 450,000 by staga: 5:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
Much as it sounds very draconian, this is the standard in most countries. You cannot be driving against traffic willfully. I visited Naija recently and was shocked at the wanton display of one-way driving along Nyanya-Mararaba road by motorcyclists, keke napep operators and cars in their hundreds.

I saw a man hit by a motorcyclist driving one-way at top speed. We cannot have this kind of insanity and wanton display of recklessness on our roads. At some point, the government will have to step in!

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ibom Air Acquires New Aircraft, Fleet Number Increases To 4 / Top 10 Most Dangerous Places In Africa - See Where Nigeria Falls / Lagos Introduces Modern Bus Terminals (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.