Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,632 members, 7,813,088 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:49 AM

Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced (19717 Views)

Dani Alves: Messi Is My Friend, But He Is Very Wrong / Dani Alves Becomes The Most Decorated Player In Football History / The Toughest Players Ever In The English Premier League History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by paulolee(m): 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2022
K
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Angelfrost(m): 2:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
Mathematricks:
Lies. It's Messi.

Messi?!! How?!! Were they not in the same Barcelona team?!! tongue

How could his own team mate have been a threat to him?!?

Only Harry Maguire will terrorize his own team mates! grin

4 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Angelfrost(m): 2:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
tobtap:
Omo ake... But cr9 in his prime...was unstoppable... Cheers to d defenders of dos days..Dem try...

Yeah... Ronaldo was a beast! Totally unplayable!

It was not a question of keeping him from scoring but a matter of keeping him from score too much!

3 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by judedwriter(m): 2:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Past tense, not present tense.

In the past Ronaldo was great.

Sadly, he's still not learning from former greats like zindane who was disgraced out of football in 2006!

Quit when ovation is loudest!
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by SunMusk(m): 2:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
You re correct, is a free goal but the psychology involved can make you sweat in the Anus. The first time I was asked to run in a competition my heart beat no be here. Sport people are trying
SultanOfPuna:
People think Penalty is easy
Una dey craze!!!
Penalty is the most stressful part of football

It takes a unique skill to play pk like Ronaldo
Most of you here cant score pk to save your live.
Talkless of playing pk infront of 70 thousand fans and the whole world watching.
Any mistake you make the whole team will blame you.
Penalty is where you know a top class player
Put some respect on ronaldo
To be consistent in penalty is a Big deal

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by obembet(f): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Chokekachy God go bless you for this wonderful thread.

699 club career goals

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Rahkman: 2:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
tuzle:
u guys are funny o, he mentioned messi as the toughest opponent he has faced, and u still found a way to add messi. Simple english, they didn't say who is the toughest opponent u never faced or the toughest opponent u faced in copa America.
go and ask the entire madrid defence including their keeper casillas during that era... which player tormented them the most and come back with ya answer grin

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by sylve11: 2:47pm On Sep 16, 2022
sanity12:

Please when u read, Try to comprehend, It will help u

they are kids. embarassed cool
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Beverlyjean(f): 2:49pm On Sep 16, 2022
Messi fans will be pained ...dont forget he also faced messi in copa America and WC qualifiers

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Mathematricks: 2:50pm On Sep 16, 2022
sanity12:

Please when u read, Try to comprehend, It will help u

Argentina & Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Mathematricks: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
Angelfrost:

Argentina & Brazil. Maguire na mumu man. grin

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Beverlyjean(f): 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
I have always said in the end...posterity will Judge ...alot will lie during their playing days but years after retirement, they will start to speak the truth
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by sylve11: 2:51pm On Sep 16, 2022
Angelfrost:

my man, how far?

It seems chelsea is going back to default o. cool
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Beverlyjean(f): 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
Wogannoma:
That's cos Messi was in your team!

They played against each other severally in South America
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Shikena(m): 2:52pm On Sep 16, 2022
Argentina vs Brazil several times
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Angelfrost(m): 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
sylve11:

my man, how far?

It seems chelsea is going back to default o. cool

Boss, I hail o!!!

What's your definition of default abeg?!! grin

Thank God for them that Liverpool game was shifted!
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Fearyourcreator: 2:53pm On Sep 16, 2022
ThierryJay:
Alves is right. Since Messi is his colleague, If he had mentioned any other player it would have been a slap on Ronaldo's standing as the second best after Messi in this era.

Who are the best players Alves has faced consistently in his career? lbrahimovic, Ribery, Drogba, Di Maria, Milito, Eto'o, Benzema, Dybala, Carrasco. Not choosing CR would be a big dent. So he is right.

All Real Madrid defenders would tell you Messi is their toughest opponent just like Varane confirmed recently.
Lolzzz... Alves played against messi country level and cr7 at both .. And man said cr7 was his toughest ... Lolzzzz... Am not here for is better ... Let people talk their talk ... Nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by sylve11: 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
Angelfrost:

Boss, I hail o!!!

What's your definition of default abeg?!! grin

Thank God for them that Liverpool game was shifted!

era before 2003 grin cool
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by tuzle(m): 2:55pm On Sep 16, 2022
Rahkman:
go and ask the entire madrid defence including their keeper casillas during that era... which player tormented them the most and come back with ya answer grin
the question here is to a former Barca defender and not Madrid's.
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Fearyourcreator: 2:56pm On Sep 16, 2022
Malabopikin:
that is his view from his own end only
Wahala... Maybe make he mention another player... I just know one thing ... Alves is one of the best right back that graced the game ... And also he played against messi at country side too... But said cr7 was his toughest...

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Beverlyjean(f): 2:57pm On Sep 16, 2022
ThierryJay:
Alves is right. Since Messi is his colleague, If he had mentioned any other player it would have been a slap on Ronaldo's standing as the second best after Messi in this era.

Who are the best players Alves has faced consistently in his career? lbrahimovic, Ribery, Drogba, Di Maria, Milito, Eto'o, Benzema, Dybala, Carrasco. Not choosing CR would be a big dent. So he is right.

All Real Madrid defenders would tell you Messi is their toughest opponent just like Varane confirmed recently.

They played against each other in South America...but he still chose Ronaldo
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Fearyourcreator: 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2022
Rahkman:
It was alves that said this ... Your opinion no follow

2 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Fearyourcreator: 2:59pm On Sep 16, 2022
Beverlyjean:
Messi fans will be pained ...dont forget he also faced messi in copa America and WC qualifiers
Lolzzzs... They already speaking for alves even
Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Fearyourcreator: 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2022
Beverlyjean:
I have always said in the end...posterity will Judge ...alot will lie during their playing days but years after retirement, they will start to speak the truth
Its already happening... For alves to say this am surprised ooo

3 Likes

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Fearyourcreator: 3:01pm On Sep 16, 2022
tuzle:
the question here is to a former Barca defender and not Madrid's.
E shock am it's coming from alves..

1 Like

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by maxwell530(m): 3:03pm On Sep 16, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

Lolzzz... Alves played against messi country level and cr7 at both .. And man said cr7 was his toughest ... Lolzzzz... Am not here for is better ... Let people talk their talk ... Nawa ooo
did Ramos,casilas,Verane not play against Ronaldo in Portugal vs Spain and Portugal vs France? How come they named Messi as toughest opponent too?

Agenda must agend

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dani Alves: Cristiano Ronaldo Is The Toughest Opponent I Have Ever Faced by Cuntface: 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2022
Wogannoma:
That's cos Messi was in your team!

You no sabi anything.
He's from Brazil messi is from Argentina both have played against each other several times in national team

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osaze Odemwingie Lashes Out At Keshi And NFF Over AFCON 2013 Exclusion / Jeff Otah Celebrates His 34th Birthday Today / Alex Iwobi And Kelechi Iheanacho Named Players Of The Year For Their Clubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.