Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,828 members, 7,810,181 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:40 PM

The Delima Of An Unemployed Graduate In Dire Need Of Opportunity - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Delima Of An Unemployed Graduate In Dire Need Of Opportunity (462 Views)

Ways To Make Money As An Unemployed Graduate In Nigeria / An Unemployed Graduate Begs Buhari, Tinubu, Fashola And Dangote For a Job / The Life Of An Unemployed Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Delima Of An Unemployed Graduate In Dire Need Of Opportunity by Albara(m): 2:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Life they say is full of mystery. To some, it works out quite well, for others; not so well. I am an unemployed graduate who is shackeled in between unemployment and taking care of ever growing responsibilities. I acknowledge the divergence in character and opinions of folks in this heterogenous forum and I uderstand that some of you are weary of such epistles of this proportion. Thus, I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause and I brace up for any forthcoming criticism. Not to take much of your time, here is my delima.
My name is Albara, I am thirty one years old, a resident in Minna Niger State. I am a graduate of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State with Bsc. (second class upper) in Political Science. I come from a family of six, I'm the fifith child and the eldest male child in the family. My mum (God bless her) is a primary school teacher who dwells on a 50k salary to take care of her children. Since the demise of my father twenty one years ago, I have been constantly reminded that being the eldest male of the family, there are responsibilities that abounds me in the future. The future responsibilities of taking care of my siblings, my mom and also the saddled responsibility of making the easy and hard choices on behalf of the family will one day rest largely on my shoulder. That inevitable future is now. I now find myself clutched in the firm grip of unemployment, depression and a horrifying thoughts of "survival", or in other words, "making ends meets" by any means neccessary in order to take care of the responsibility weighing heavy on my shoulder.
During my undergraduate years, I worked part time jobs as sales attendant, upervisor and manager for small business outlets in Minna during holidays. I somtimes work on construction sites just to keep up with tuition fees, lodge rent, feeding and other day to day responsibilities. Later in my year three, with a loan of 50k my mum took from the teachers endwell scheme, I started an Agric produce trading business (mostly Rice, Beans, Egusi, Maize, Yam, Bene seeds, Onions and anything that has market value at that time) while in school. My lectures mostly ends on wednesdays and I find myself with Thursday through to Saturday as my free days which I took advantage of and go to near by Village markets and buy these commodities at a cheap price and sell them in Minna, Suleja and Abuja at a higher price. Covid-19 lockdown and ASUU strike also turned out to be an added advantage for me. I started making good money, paid off the loan, took care of bills with little headache, and even send money home on occassions. My luck with the bussiness went sour around August 2021, when Covid-19 lockdown was still in effect and onion was in high demand.
There was a guy whom I got to know through a friend and a business associate. He's a driver who transports goods from Kebbi and Sokoto states for his customers. We started dealing with him. With the help of friends in Sokoto, we'll send money to them and they'll buy onions in bags from Sokoto or Kebbi States and send it through the driver to us and we'll sell them in Niger State or Abuja. Soon, our friends in Sokoto left Sokoto in search of their own opportunities and we started dealing with the driver directly. Since we've done business with him multiple times, we trusted him anyways. Plus, we knew his house and his family. The driver adviced us to buy in bulk and supply them to local retailers, the profit will be bigger. It was a good idea for us. We made neccessarry arrangements for expansion of the business and we almost emptied our accounts and gave it to the driver to purchase the onnions for us. we both gave the driver two hundred thousand naira each, an equivelent amount of four hundred thousand naira. Permit me to speak pidgin English here. Na so this driver tuama with our money o. We tried to reach to him, all to no avail. We went to his house only to learn from his wife that he left Nigeria to Niger Republic and left her with two kids without any means of taking care of the kids. He only calls her with random numbers when he feels the need to.
That in itself wrecked me. I was dealing with school project and also dealing with the trauma. To rub salt on my wounds, the ASUU strike and Covid lockdown wasted a year for me and I had to graduate at the age of thirty which officially made me ineligible for NYSC. NYSC was the card I desperately wanted to use and raise up funds and start a business. Now that card is out of the equation. Since then, I've been howling around, looking for jobs but no luck. I have really tried to keep up. With the biting inflation, watching my mum struggle everyday to feed us, the bullies and social pressure is really driving me nuts. Ideologically, I was once an optimist, now am such a passimist. No one wants to help, not family (my uncles from both parents), friends, or the strangers. I always believe in makinng ends meet the legititmate way, there has always gotta be a way without going in to illegality. But now, I am living on a thin line between good and bad. I'm really thinking of going in to illegal way to make ends meet. I really don't want to but my chances of go it the right way keeps growing thinner. I am the type that don't really know how to beg, how to bring up my problems to others in the bid to garner pity or favor, but I have read how some folks who are brave enough to share their stories here and with luck, some able nairalanders offer assistance. that enboldened me to write my piece here.
I am not asking of money in anyway, I am asking for opportunity to work and earn. Please, anyone with the ability to offer me a job in any part of the country, I am willing to take it up. I am a graduate with BSc. (second class upper) in Political Science, I am proficient in English and Hausa languages, I have excellent communication skills, good analytic skills to solve complex tasks, a quick learner and can adapt to any working condition. Furthermore, I am proficient with MicroSoft office suit, Mid-level front-end web developer (HTML5 and CSS), research writing, familiar with copywriting and content writing (although I have not taken proffessional courses on them). Not that it will make any relevance to the issue at hand, it is partinent to note that I am Christian by religion. Anyone with the interest to offer me a job opportunity, you can reach me on 08024985649 or e-mail me on attahirusamaila3@gmail.com. Thank you and remain blessed. Mods, for the sake of humanity, take this to the fron page, you could be saving a life.

2 Likes

Re: The Delima Of An Unemployed Graduate In Dire Need Of Opportunity by sonofjah55: 9:35pm On Sep 17, 2022
I FEEL UR PAIN

1 Like

Re: The Delima Of An Unemployed Graduate In Dire Need Of Opportunity by Awesomeking: 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
Your issue is similar to mine just a few differences.

Regardless i am also a job seeker but i have a bit of advice that i wish someone had given me earlier

Why not teach what you know now to others,your microsoft suite and all that..why not try to expand on that as another opportunity approaches

1 Like

Re: The Delima Of An Unemployed Graduate In Dire Need Of Opportunity by Albara(m): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
sonofjah55:
I FEEL UR PAIN

Bruv, life is not easy at all. Anyways, thanks bruv
Re: The Delima Of An Unemployed Graduate In Dire Need Of Opportunity by Albara(m): 10:33pm On Sep 18, 2022
Awesomeking:
Your issue is similar to mine just a few differences.

Regardless i am also a job seeker but i have a bit of advice that i wish someone had given me earlier

Why not teach what you know now to others,your microsoft suite and all that..why not try to expand on that as another opportunity approaches

Thanks for the advice bro. I'll look in to your advice with keen interest bro.
Re: The Delima Of An Unemployed Graduate In Dire Need Of Opportunity by sageb: 7:24am On Sep 19, 2022
Albara:
Life they say is full of mystery. To some, it works out quite well, for others; not so well. I am an unemployed graduate who is shackeled in between unemployment and taking care of ever growing responsibilities. I acknowledge the divergence in character and opinions of folks in this heterogenous forum and I uderstand that some of you are weary of such epistles of this proportion. Thus, I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause and I brace up for any forthcoming criticism. Not to take much of your time, here is my delima.
My name is Albara, I am thirty one years old, a resident in Minna Niger State. I am a graduate of Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida University, Lapai, Niger State with Bsc. (second class upper) in Political Science. I come from a family of six, I'm the fifith child and the eldest male child in the family. My mum (God bless her) is a primary school teacher who dwells on a 50k salary to take care of her children. Since the demise of my father twenty one years ago, I have been constantly reminded that being the eldest male of the family, there are responsibilities that abounds me in the future. The future responsibilities of taking care of my siblings, my mom and also the saddled responsibility of making the easy and hard choices on behalf of the family will one day rest largely on my shoulder. That inevitable future is now. I now find myself clutched in the firm grip of unemployment, depression and a horrifying thoughts of "survival", or in other words, "making ends meets" by any means neccessary in order to take care of the responsibility weighing heavy on my shoulder.
During my undergraduate years, I worked part time jobs as sales attendant, upervisor and manager for small business outlets in Minna during holidays. I somtimes work on construction sites just to keep up with tuition fees, lodge rent, feeding and other day to day responsibilities. Later in my year three, with a loan of 50k my mum took from the teachers endwell scheme, I started an Agric produce trading business (mostly Rice, Beans, Egusi, Maize, Yam, Bene seeds, Onions and anything that has market value at that time) while in school. My lectures mostly ends on wednesdays and I find myself with Thursday through to Saturday as my free days which I took advantage of and go to near by Village markets and buy these commodities at a cheap price and sell them in Minna, Suleja and Abuja at a higher price. Covid-19 lockdown and ASUU strike also turned out to be an added advantage for me. I started making good money, paid off the loan, took care of bills with little headache, and even send money home on occassions. My luck with the bussiness went sour around August 2021, when Covid-19 lockdown was still in effect and onion was in high demand.
There was a guy whom I got to know through a friend and a business associate. He's a driver who transports goods from Kebbi and Sokoto states for his customers. We started dealing with him. With the help of friends in Sokoto, we'll send money to them and they'll buy onions in bags from Sokoto or Kebbi States and send it through the driver to us and we'll sell them in Niger State or Abuja. Soon, our friends in Sokoto left Sokoto in search of their own opportunities and we started dealing with the driver directly. Since we've done business with him multiple times, we trusted him anyways. Plus, we knew his house and his family. The driver adviced us to buy in bulk and supply them to local retailers, the profit will be bigger. It was a good idea for us. We made neccessarry arrangements for expansion of the business and we almost emptied our accounts and gave it to the driver to purchase the onnions for us. we both gave the driver two hundred thousand naira each, an equivelent amount of four hundred thousand naira. Permit me to speak pidgin English here. Na so this driver tuama with our money o. We tried to reach to him, all to no avail. We went to his house only to learn from his wife that he left Nigeria to Niger Republic and left her with two kids without any means of taking care of the kids. He only calls her with random numbers when he feels the need to.
That in itself wrecked me. I was dealing with school project and also dealing with the trauma. To rub salt on my wounds, the ASUU strike and Covid lockdown wasted a year for me and I had to graduate at the age of thirty which officially made me ineligible for NYSC. NYSC was the card I desperately wanted to use and raise up funds and start a business. Now that card is out of the equation. Since then, I've been howling around, looking for jobs but no luck. I have really tried to keep up. With the biting inflation, watching my mum struggle everyday to feed us, the bullies and social pressure is really driving me nuts. Ideologically, I was once an optimist, now am such a passimist. No one wants to help, not family (my uncles from both parents), friends, or the strangers. I always believe in makinng ends meet the legititmate way, there has always gotta be a way without going in to illegality. But now, I am living on a thin line between good and bad. I'm really thinking of going in to illegal way to make ends meet. I really don't want to but my chances of go it the right way keeps growing thinner. I am the type that don't really know how to beg, how to bring up my problems to others in the bid to garner pity or favor, but I have read how some folks who are brave enough to share their stories here and with luck, some able nairalanders offer assistance. that enboldened me to write my piece here.
I am not asking of money in anyway, I am asking for opportunity to work and earn. Please, anyone with the ability to offer me a job in any part of the country, I am willing to take it up. I am a graduate with BSc. (second class upper) in Political Science, I am proficient in English and Hausa languages, I have excellent communication skills, good analytic skills to solve complex tasks, a quick learner and can adapt to any working condition. Furthermore, I am proficient with MicroSoft office suit, Mid-level front-end web developer (HTML5 and CSS), research writing, familiar with copywriting and content writing (although I have not taken proffessional courses on them). Not that it will make any relevance to the issue at hand, it is partinent to note that I am Christian by religion. Anyone with the interest to offer me a job opportunity, you can reach me on 08024985649 or e-mail me on attahirusamaila3@gmail.com. Thank you and remain blessed. Mods, for the sake of humanity, take this to the fron page, you could be saving a life.

Even though you have to work and walk alone, don't give up, there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I pray you find help soon.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Bottling Company Recruitment / Self Help Writer Wanted / Opening For The Post Of Loan/collection Officer At YHS Fin. Con. Serv. LTD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.