Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,790 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong (24092 Views)

Court Order: It is Unconstitutional for EFCC to Arrest Yahaya Bello - Lawyer / Kenneth Okonkwo: What APC Did Is Unconstitutional, Supports Peter Obi / Amotekun Is Unconstitutional - Maigari Dingyadi, Police Affairs Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by beardedboy(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
litigator:

“Out of their ignorance or parochial attitude shall others profit”
Ignorance you say? Why not put road signs clearly?
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Lifestone(m): 4:29pm On Sep 16, 2022
Segzy19:
I agree with this lawyer based on legality of the issue. However, Nigerians (both high and low) too should learn to obey the law and be orderly.

Let the government too fix the roads and properly signpost the roads...
Ini was speculate. He should have investigated and confirm before coming out to rant. He is just forming, he's very unintelligent
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by ObaloluwaTel(m): 4:31pm On Sep 16, 2022
Is it because you are yet a victim?
Traffic offender should be send to a long jail term and their vehicles be crushed except in some cases.

Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by ADecadeAddict: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
He left his state and focus on Lagos.

These people and their obsession with Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Nnamaka1: 4:32pm On Sep 16, 2022
Totilopussylick:

That action was a very wrong move by the Lagos government tongue

When Ambode warned us that the guy has mental health problem, we should have just listened to Ambode.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Okoroawusa: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
No be this ex-con lawyer wey just come back from Calabar abi Uyo prison be this?

If you get two heads as lawyer drive one way for Lagos road make dem catch you.

Everybody wan take Lagos trend....yeye dey smell
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by BATified2023: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
casppyjay:
not everyone fada must famous for the wrong reasons u don’t know his father and no one knows ur fada besides ur fada might be older and more senile Dan tinubu yet he’s languishing and you can’t campaign for him? Or is ur generation forbidden to govern a state or country?some of u just divorced ur brain without fair hearing now ur brain moved out without leaving u anything to function with ..
so a sitting governor n a presidential aspirant is famous for a good reason according to a dingbat like u

Where your father will b bounced out n humiliated like a common thief is where this man is being honored

U are haters whose father wish to b like tinubu,if u say all these thrash in front of your father he will knock u hard

Tinubu is the kind of man that your father wanna be
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by dammiedot(m): 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
007Marvel:

Clearly you've not left your village before! In Lagos must roads don't even have road signs, it's like a trap, they'll never warn you, next thing is to jump into your vehicle. I and my friends visited a new area in Lagos recently, as a first timer in the area road signs could have easily helped us navigate easily but there was none! The next thing they jumped into our car, called us different names from, Yahoo boys to criminals from criminals to Traffic offenders! Everything about us signifies that we are none of those! But trust your law enforcement officers in Nigeria. If not for the fact that we had money to wet their hands maybe they would have auctioned our car too.

You guys could have stood your ground and insisted there was no sign. They will delay you and even if you go to court you would have a good point. But we are all usually in a hurry and use the default setting which is, let go of some few buck to save time and energy. I am guilty of this too. sad
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by plaindealer: 4:33pm On Sep 16, 2022
This is the problem with Nigerians, they love to trash and compare Nigeria with other countries, but they can not act or behave lawfully like they do in the counties they compare Nigeria with.

They are mostly anti social, they don't like personal accountability, and they think they ate above the law and the government shouldn't them for violating the law.

In Rwandan they love to talk about, their streets in Kigali are clean because they enforce their draconian laws, you can not sell or set up any rubbish shop or roadside market on their streets,no okada, no keke and they pick up and look people up for vagrancy on their streets.

Nigerians are still socially backward and underdeveloped, many can not function in any sane society.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by phatlytall(m): 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
I love this man, I pray nothing happens to him.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Agba003: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
BATified2023:
if tinubu is inconsequential

Who is your father?

He's fatherless
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Timekeeper452: 4:35pm On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Thank you Ini.

when I said this earlier, some good for nothing Idiotic myopic individuals here were attacking me, saying it's because of my hatred for Tinubu hence I am saying rubbish bla bla bla...like WTF? hatred for who? who's Tinubu I should hate? A man who has virtually all his things through crook means is who I am hating? a void and inconsequential human is who I am hating? I cannot belittle myself that much, because hating on Tinubu is belittling myself and doing him a great service.
I don’t support tinubu, and God forbid he wins , but I support this law.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Christian36: 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
That is an act of stealing. A government that involve in stealing people's sweat later they will come here to tell us how Thievenubu developed lagos.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Obainomilano: 4:36pm On Sep 16, 2022
OriOko88:
shocked
Very stupid move by lasg govt. Victimizing and tormenting the lowly citizens who labored hard to buy those properties. I'm very sure many govt emmisaries and allies would have disobeyed the traffic and go scot free,but its the average citizens that always bear the brunt. The lasg should be sued with this ludicrous move.

If it was in US,many of those stupid officials auctioning people's vehicles at ridiculous prices would have had their heads burst up by bullets from physco victims undecided
..the same average citizens will still shout emilokan and vote in another dictator so they should continue to suffer ..I have no pity for anyone suffering in Nigeria because majority of our problem is caused by average citizens who are unwilling to vote in the right leaders because of selfish interest
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by 007Marvel(m): 4:37pm On Sep 16, 2022
dammiedot:

You guys could have stood your ground and insisted there was no sign. They will delay you and even if you go to court you would have a good point. But we are all usually in a hurry and use the default setting which is, let go of some few buck to save time and energy. I am guilty of this too. sad

The things is that those people are too clingy and the system itself is corrupt, at the end of the day we would have spent way more money if we tried to escalate it any further, and then miss our appointment.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Oldmansense(m): 4:38pm On Sep 16, 2022
BATified2023:
All these rantings aren’t necessary,go to d court of law n seek redress

Nigerians are insatiable,punish offenders they blame u,leave them they blame u,give them a little punishment they still blame u

I pray that one day your entire labour will be taken away from you so you can feel what others are feeling.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by 00FFT00(m): 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
wolebest:

Before you make comments or support a comment as made by the lawyer, please try as much as possible to read what the Laws of Lagos State says about Driving against the traffic and what will happen to the vehicles.

Ignorance of the law is not an excuse!

Lawlessness cannot be condoned or allowed in Lagos State.

Lagos state laws are not superior to federal jurisprudence. This is the arbitrary lawlessness that we know Tinubu to orchestrate. This criminality disguised as a legal statute should and will be challenged at a federal high court, and ultimately struck down.

The victims of this criminality should file a class action suit and a tort claim in respect of the injury to them resultant from this reprehensible act.

What happened to a reasonable time of imprisonment in lieu of a fine?. Why does material possession become the only available option?.

Ndi Oshi!
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by BATified2023: 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2022
Oldmansense:

I pray that one day your entire labour will be taken away from you so you can feel what others are feeling.
I pray that one day a driver will pass one way and kill all your children so u know what others are feeling
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by etrouble: 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Inibehe Effiong left Akwa Ibom by jumping into Mallam Audu's trailer moving Cows to Lagos. Now, he wants to tell Lagosians how to run their state. Is that not MADNESS? Who invited his Mama to Lagos
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by favour32(m): 4:40pm On Sep 16, 2022
Lagos state which is continually controlled by Bishop T. Agbadoria Cassavani is an example of how Nigeria will be, if the above name, is allowed to be president.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Thomthom(m): 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
BATified2023:
All these rantings aren’t necessary,go to d court of law n seek redress

Nigerians are insatiable,punish offenders they blame u,leave them they blame u,give them a little punishment they still blame u

Ooooo not talk talk Sue LASG then we go know if Na true you dey talk.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by sukkot: 4:41pm On Sep 16, 2022
to be honest with you though i think its mafia type technique sellng peoples cars. i dont support it. what government should do is gather all those cars and announce a time on tv for pulic viewing and crush all the cars on live tv. do this on a weekly basis on live tv. i believe this would send the message home and many would get a brain reset when they watch it every week on live tv

Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
Very wrong move!!
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Tywo2018: 4:42pm On Sep 16, 2022
grin grin This guy ooo
Honourable1901:
We have heard you , drive against traffic first you will know khaki no be leather

That carburator in your brain that is not serving enough fuel will not tell you
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Fearyourcreator: 4:43pm On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Thank you Ini.

when I said this earlier, some good for nothing Idiotic myopic individuals here were attacking me, saying it's because of my hatred for Tinubu hence I am saying rubbish bla bla bla...like WTF? hatred for who? who's Tinubu I should hate? A man who has virtually all his things through crook means is who I am hating? a void and inconsequential human is who I am hating? I cannot belittle myself that much, because hating on Tinubu is belittling myself and doing him a great service.
Hate all over what you wrote ...
Just calm down...
Who know you?
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Reptyle(m): 4:44pm On Sep 16, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://twitter.com/InibeheEffiong/status/1570777678940360704?t=0zxAS-t_G1eLnule2GgWLg&s=08

All I can say to those that share the same opinion as this attention-LovePeddler of a lawyer is, drive one way in Lagos and let any of the agencies get you so we can test whether the courts will declare it unconstitutional.

Nigeria is the only place where random people on social media know it all and the people in government know nothing. Everyone runs amock on social media sharing useless hot takes for clicks and likes.

How can you state authoritatively in one line that the law is unconstitutional and in the next line concede that the accused offenders are tried before a court, howbeit, a mobile one? Are mobile courts any less "courty" than brick-and-mortar courts? Are they not overseen by a judge of competent jurisdiction? Is the LaSG traffic law not duly passed and signed into law? Are citizens of Lagos State not duly sensitized to the provisions of the law? Why would a normal human being choose to drive against traffic?

Absolutely nonsensical take!

Oh, by the way, we can be as sentimental about the application of law as we like. Pray you or any of yours never get run over by some idiot driving against traffic.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by MisterMan123456: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Why didn't they auction that Arise tv presenters Lexus jeep? Only the poor suffer such wicked fate in nigeria.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Ayo25: 4:45pm On Sep 16, 2022
Let him go drag the issue of the crime for which he was convicted with the judge.

Please gerra out if my mention
henryobinna:
Do you even understand what it means for one to be a convict?

What crime was he convicted of to be called an ex-convict or because a judge overstepped his boundaries he's now an ex-convict.

Omo sha, this country and the population inside am na wa.
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Fearyourcreator: 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Anigreat:
shocked

Thank you Ini.

Hate all over what you wrote ...
Just calm down...
Who know you?
Go pass one way come try kill person join... That your body wey dey hot ehn...
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by Blue3k(m): 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Lol alot people here are trying to justify government tyranny. If due process isn't bring followed like he alleged then pointing out Lagos are hardheaded is irrelevant. Just lawfully impound vehicles and auction them if that's the punishment. I dont get why everyone wants to be crooked
Re: Vehicle Confiscation By Lagos State Is Unconstitutional & Void - Inibehe Effiong by arantess: 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2022
Indispensable85:
Dis one go soon go another prison
Enablers and supporters of evil like you are the reason Nigeria is like this

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Kogi Youths Protest Against Rice Donations By Senators (Photos) / Factional ‘fresh PDP’ Collapses, Fuse Into PDP / Gani Fawehinmi's Statue At Liberty Park Unveiled By Lagos State Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.