Stats: 3,157,939 members, 7,835,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help (2091 Views)

My Brother Insists That I Follow A Yahoo Guy / I Am Sterile But About To Be A Father / Deadbeat Father: How A Nairanlander's Quote Ended My Family's Rift. (photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Sahad1234: 6:40am On Sep 17, 2022
Some people blind sha , you guys should read properly before just jumping into conversations.. "hospital" it's there !

topcatking:
You don't have a wife? Or she has no mother? So you...full grown man... want to part your daughters legs and check if her hymen is intact?

Please stop this nonsense.

Sit with your daughter/ and have numerous continuous conversations with her about what is right for her and her future. She will be fine.

May God help you.
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Mindlog: 6:53am On Sep 17, 2022
Sahad1234:

Some people blind sha , you guys should read properly before just jumping into conversations.. "hospital" it's there !

Adding hospital as after thought, changes nothing. That obsession about his daughter's (if he truly has one) virginity is unhealthy.....many girls who were sexually abused by their fathers, have one thing in common....their father's obsession if they were still virgins.

If he is a single father and lives alone with his 15 year old daughter...it is a huge red flag.

Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by bukatyne(f): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2022
Kobojunkie:
How in the world is a parent a virginity checker for Pete's sake? lipsrsealed

Look, your child is a complete and separate individual from you,- she has a fully functioning brain with the ability to make choices, same as you, and also define her world and life same as you - and she has every right to choose for herself what to do with her body and how. That body belongs to her and not to you. Your job as a parent is to teach her the right things, teach her to protect herself should she decide to have sex and continue to nurture her so she grows into a responsible woman regardless of her sexual choices. undecided

Your place as a parent is to love her regardless of her virginity-status. JEEZZZZ! undecided

Is her sexual choice not part of the definition of responsibility?

Or do you mean 'financially successful'?
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by bukatyne(f): 6:59am On Sep 17, 2022
Mrsoft3:

As a father you should first understand your duty as a steward and not owner, God is the owner of every child and when you come to that knowledge and understanding you will offload some unnecessary pressure.

Now as a father it is your duty to plan the environment your children grow into, because there is no child that grows above his or her environment, if you claim you want to monitor her virginity(which you can't) best is for you to change environment since you have seen the level of decay in such environment.

Please you can't be policing your child because of sex, talk with your wife to talk about sex education,tell them the good and bad side of sex, by now you people should have that talk she is 15 and has started puberty. You can not monitor her virginity please that's an impossible task you want should not embark on. Thank you

@bold:

While, there are exceptions, it is a very great point.
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by bukatyne(f): 7:10am On Sep 17, 2022
@OP:

He has been bursted to be a fluke with very conflicting stories except he is a sampling opinions which should be clearly stated.

@Topic:

Someone said something I really like; it is your duty as a father to plan your kids environs. While you are worried your daughter might not be a virgin (which I find off; someone even takes his daughter to the hospital monthly. Except he has promised someone his virgin daughter in marriage, it is strange and off), your son's might be introduced to crime, homosexuality & rituals.

Join hands with your wife to create a peaceful and loving environment at home so they are not seeking for 'love' & 'attention' outside.

Train them right from when they are very young in the way of the Lord/ imbibe whatever values are important to you and be a good example.

Have a relationship with them so they can discuss with you about life issues.

Create healthy boundaries and scrutinize their associates.

Teach them age appropriate sex education.

Etc, etc. etc.

Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by ghosttownboss(m): 7:19am On Sep 17, 2022
Rozross:
This is so funny �. If you had really trained her well, you’ll have no cause to worry about anything even if she lives in brothel. Capture your children’s heart when they are very young and make sure they learn everything from you and their mom and not outside .
Are u father?
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by frozen70(f): 7:25am On Sep 17, 2022
GraciousGod190:
The area I recently packed to is filled with yahoo boys and men that can't keep their thing in their trousers. Most of them all they do is hang about with bags across their chest. go after small small girls just for the fun of it..what my eyes saw today I'm still in shocked a teenage girl that my daughter might be older than already pregnant with her tommy shooting out.....my daughter is almost 15yrs, I like to know as a father how do I make her keep her virginity for her future husband.
Do I always check it like monthly interval (hospital) or just warn her sternly?
Please help, parents in the house.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Seun

I think you should seat her down and counsel her

Provides for her whatever you think she needs to avoid her looking out

You can still make plans to relocate or start making plans to relocate to another area

Your child will be guided till she enters university and keep counseling her

But i cant say what her peer group will teach her when she gets admitted into the university

Thats when you should be more worried about her virginity
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Ebonygeek(f): 7:30am On Sep 17, 2022
GraciousGod190:
The area I recently packed to is filled with yahoo boys and men that can't keep their thing in their trousers. Most of them all they do is hang about with bags across their chest. go after small small girls just for the fun of it..what my eyes saw today I'm still in shocked a teenage girl that my daughter might be older than already pregnant with her tommy shooting out.....my daughter is almost 15yrs, I like to know as a father how do I make her keep her virginity for her future husband.

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Seun
Sit her down and talk to her about sex. Let her know that sex is sacred and she's special and shouldn't let just anyone enter her temple. Let her know you love her and would be disappointed if she lets you down

Tell her that now that she's so young and innocent, guys will always come around her and tell her that she's pretty, but that's something they will always say because they just want to have sex with her. Tell her she is beautiful so that she doesn't feel any different when a random guy says it to her

Taking her to the hospital regularly and obsessing over it will let her know you don't trust her (when I was younger, my dad used to make my mom check mine manually. It was disgusting and embarrassing to say the least). Using harsh and stern words might not work either

Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Crampyblood(m): 7:53am On Sep 17, 2022
You see that her small nyansh??

Boys go tear am grin cheesy for sure... Kind of like how you de bang Tope, Toyin, Sandra and co that year for area
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by iykofias(m): 8:47am On Sep 17, 2022
mariahAngel:

You enter street no mean say make you allow street enter you.
where you not raised well? Are you currently a virgin or did you marry as a virgin? Leave all the holy shenanigan you’re trying to infuse here, the street is brutal
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by nahzyla: 9:18am On Sep 17, 2022
Ebonygeek:

(when I was younger, my dad used to make my mom check mine manually. It was disgusting and embarrassing to say the least). Using harsh and stern words might not work either

Eeewww, I would have hated my parents for life of they did something like this to me.
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Goldmaxx(f): 9:51am On Sep 17, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
These people wey dey talk "if you are confident that you raised your daughter well"are funny oo,abi una Neva see where properly raised pikin enter street?
They don't know anything. Pastors pikin dey knack anyhow. It's even worse abroad. In this jet internet age, it's hard for a child not to spoil no matter how they were raised.

Even girls I know that has been locked under parental supervision almost all their lives tend not to be virgin when you enter... I don't know how.
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Goldmaxx(f): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2022
mariahAngel:

You enter street no mean say make you allow street enter you.
Really? If you raised your child in a rough street in which he interacts and mingles with children of the street, street go enter an.
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Nobody: 11:07am On Sep 17, 2022
GraciousGod190:

Nlfpmod
Mynd44
Seun

Signal from environment has a great impact on our programming.

Family Head must plan where to live with safety of kids and wife in mind.

If possible, limit her interaction with the world to a predictable few. Ensure she doesn't have social media apps on her phone.

Move to gated community where access is limited and ensure teenage girls are enrolled in nearby schools and pay surprise attention always.

As for virginity, be her friend and promise her 1m naira if she keeps her virginity till 18 and a car if she keeps it till 20.

But also let her understand that erotic love is too powerful for girls her age and in the event that she makes mistakes she should inform you right away for abortion pills.

Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Kobojunkie: 1:40pm On Sep 17, 2022
bukatyne:
Is her sexual choice not part of the definition of responsibility?

Or do you mean 'financially successful'?
Are you asking if the sexual choice of a teenager is the responsibility of a parent? undecided
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 17, 2022
Sahad1234:

In your idiocy, you had no idea that the OP edited his original post (added "hospital"wink after my comment!.

Next time ehn, when you feel compelled to display your ignorance on a thread, especially on someone else's comment, I urge you to exercise restraint and think...before you type.
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by mhizandrea1(f): 4:10pm On Sep 17, 2022
I just hope when you were a young guy you " kept your thing in your trousers " and not chasing after young girls upandan grin grin
What I heard some guys in my hostel discussing about girls yesterday would make you puke ........
It's just the grace of God oh......
Try to also have a close relationship with her( or her mum), so that she'll be able to tell you everything and anything. I am like that with my mum smiley
Re: As a Father How Do I Follow Up My Daughter's Virginity? Please Help by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 17, 2022
MasterJayJay:
Your understanding of virginity is myopic. It's high time most of you understood that virginity is beyond hymen.

Or@l sex and anal sex cannot affect the hymen. Will you also check her mouth to know if she has given a boy a Mouth Action?

What have you been teaching her all this years? You just sudden realized because of change of environment?
Kids needs to be taught good morals while growing. You don't wait till a problem comes before you start preaching.

Modified: Just went through your previous topics. It's obvious you don't have any daughter. Lai Mohammed.
No mind am. He's 38 and have never dated? So how he take get the pikin. Him rape person or the mama na ashawo?

My Parents Are Not Happy With My Daughter Mother / When You Can't Have Your Husband's Child / See Why Baby Factory Of Underage Girls Are Many In Igboland