Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,126 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays (1414 Views)

Money Is All That’s Needed In Marriage. Not Love Or Anything Else! / CR7, 4 Kids, No Wife Yet... How Useful Is Marriage? / Single Guys: Is Marriage The Key To Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by andyblinks05: 8:57pm On Sep 17, 2022
Back then when I was young immediately a guy reaches 30 years his main aim was to find a wife and settle. I know that the financial situation in the country is harsh but that alone is not the main reason why young men lose interest in marriage now.
We were having a discussion with my friends recently, then the discussion took us to marriage issue and he said '' me I don't think I will ever get married I have more things to focus on than to get myself committed to a marriage. He said it jokenly but he was serious.
Most of my friends now don't have serious relationship with Lady's not to even talk of marriage. Now my question is what causes the sudden interest lost in marriage that most young men now don't talk about marriage now , they only prefer babymamas than to get married. This has kept me wondering so please I need more light to this.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2022
The way people carry marriage for head dey suprise me.
Marriage is mostly one side so wetin una dey talk about.?
Leave financial problem face reality, marriage is just like modern day slavery,bondage in another form, business,abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2022
Bunch of .......
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Aboks(m): 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2022
Kwatinu na
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by detectivejones: 9:21pm On Sep 17, 2022
People still take marriage serious. Most men that don't are under 35
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Mryacks: 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2022
andyblinks05:
Back then when I was young immediately a guy reaches 30 years his main aim was to find a wife and settle. I know that the financial situation in the country is harsh but that alone is not the main reason why young men lose interest in marriage now.
We were having a discussion with my friends recently, then the discussion took us to marriage issue and he said '' me I don't think I will ever get married I have more things to focus on than to get myself committed to a marriage. He said it jokenly but he was serious.
Most of my friends now don't have serious relationship with Lady's not to even talk of marriage. Now my question is what causes the sudden interest lost in marriage that most young men now don't talk about marriage now , they only prefer babymamas than to get married. This has kept me wondering so please I need more light to this.

Those your dudes, what age range are they @?
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by PerfectStranger(m): 9:34pm On Sep 17, 2022
Coz men benefit nothing from marriage

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by VeryWickedMan: 9:43pm On Sep 17, 2022
Because the bride has slept with half of Lagos.

12 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 17, 2022
Marriage isn't a big deal.
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Natbrowny: 10:09pm On Sep 17, 2022
Nigg*s dont wanna be competing with sugar daddies.
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
With the current economic situation getting married as a man in Nigeria from a middle class or poor home is equivalent to committing suicide undecided lipsrsealed.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by andyblinks05: 10:26pm On Sep 17, 2022
Mryacks:

Those your dudes, what age range are they @?
under 40years
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by PerfectStranger(m): 10:28pm On Sep 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
With the current economic situation getting married as a man in Nigeria from a middle class or poor home is equivalent to committing suicide undecided lipsrsealed.
Real talk bruh, real suicidal.

Imagine getting married to a full time house wife as a middle or poor class man in this hard economy. Mehn you’re on a death row.
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Cinema4d: 10:29pm On Sep 17, 2022
Life happens. But then, marriage isn't a bed of roses
It's not something you can just dive into.
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
PerfectStranger:

Real talk bruh, real suicidal.

Talk more of getting married to a full time house wife as a middle or poor class man in this hard economy. Mehn you’re on a death row.

The kind of suffering I see from people who have married recently. God and they will be telling you when you go marry. Misery loves company o grin grin grin. Someone that could eat chicken 3 times a day before marriage now eats meat once in two weeks. What kind of punishment is that. Can never be me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by PerfectStranger(m): 10:43pm On Sep 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The kind of suffering I see from people who have married recently. God and they will be telling you when you go marry. Misery loves company o grin grin grin. Someone that could eat chicken 3 times a day before marriage now eats meat once in two weeks. What kind of punishment is that. Can never be me
One of my married OG who was looking all tushed up before marriage, nigga now looking like what i don’t know.

Baba no send him wife he dey knack outside. He dey even follow me drag olosho grin
Marriage na big scam government should look into grin
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Savedday: 10:48pm On Sep 17, 2022
because all our girls have turned farm tool, hook-up giant and liabilities.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2022
PerfectStranger:

One of my married OG who was looking all tushed up before marriage, nigga now looking like what i don’t know.

Baba no send him wife he dey knack outside. He dey even follow me drag olosho grin
Marriage na big scam government should look into grin

Married man nacking olosho what a big disgrace and he will still be dropping money at home o. He can't even have savings again. Terrible situation.
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by efficiencie(m): 10:50pm On Sep 17, 2022
andyblinks05:

1. Why would a man fancy marriage when he can get what married men get without getting married. Many ladies spread their legs at the slightest provocation and would even go a step further to cook, wash, clean and perform other duties even though they are not yet married to the man.

2. There are fewer men these days and a whole lot of boys. It takes a man to build a family. It takes a man to see the purpose of marriage. It takes a man to understand the benefits of responsibility. It takes a man to bridle his desires, emotions and proclivities. It takes a man to seek out and wed a wife...but today there are a lot of overgrown babies masquerading as men.

3. As societies worldwide become more decadent more men and women become so badly deformed psychologically and spiritually that they become marital misfits. So it becomes convenient to get ladies pregnant and raise children into the rotteness that nurtured them in the first place.
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by PerfectStranger(m): 10:51pm On Sep 17, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Married man nacking olosho what a big disgrace and he will still be dropping money at home o. He can't even have savings again. Terrible situation.
Extremely terrible. I tell you man is finished grin
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by techWriter3: 12:11am On Sep 18, 2022
Because the bride been stayed with half of Lagos
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Robertgreene1(m): 12:22am On Sep 18, 2022
efficiencie:

1. Why would a man fancy marriage when he can get what married men get without getting married. Many ladies spread their legs at the slightest provocation and would even go a step further to cook, wash, clean and perform other duties even though they are not yet married to the man.

2. There are fewer men these days and a whole lot of boys. It takes a man to build a family. It takes a man to see the purpose of marriage. It takes a man to understand the benefits of responsibility. It takes a man to bridle his desires, emotions and proclivities. It takes a man to seek out and wed a wife...but today there are a lot of overgrown babies masquerading as men.

3. As societies worldwide become more decadent more men and women become so badly deformed psychologically and spiritually that they become marital misfits. So it becomes convenient to get ladies pregnant and raise children into the rotteness that nurtured them in the first place.
Interesting....
Bros no vex o...But how u made so little sense with so much confidence should be taught in schools under the title..."confidence is the key"...
Honestly...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by ednut1(m): 12:23am On Sep 18, 2022
What is your business with people’s choices

1 Like

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Mryacks: 1:12am On Sep 18, 2022
andyblinks05:
under 40years

Okay....it's only fair considering the points u make for lots of guys to think that way..besides, men by virture of nature, have the liberty of time to still marry very well even in their 40's grin
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Allison012: 1:21am On Sep 18, 2022
Most men believe that girls are now into olosholism. And you know you can't wife a heo.it's not easy to find a virgin.
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Johnchrix(m): 6:47am On Sep 18, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
You be anti marriage oo grin
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by efficiencie(m): 10:38am On Sep 18, 2022
Robertgreene1:

Interesting....
Bros no vex o...But how u made so little sense with so much confidence should be taught in schools under the title..."confidence is the key"...
Honestly...

Oh no I am not angry at all. I recognize you are too stupid to understand a line in what I typed. I didn't type it for misfits like you. You cannot learn by reflection rather you will learn by stripes because the back of fools like you is reserved for stripes.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Robertgreene1(m): 1:08pm On Sep 18, 2022
efficiencie:

Oh no I am not angry at all. I recognize you are too stupid to understand a line in what I typed. I didn't type it for misfits like you. You cannot learn by reflection rather you will learn by stripes because the back of fools like you is reserved for stripes.
Whatever....
Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Raalsalghul: 1:59pm On Sep 18, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Especially if there's an issue with your finances while in the marriage.

The man from a rich family can still depend on his family business, inheritance and other rich relatives.

Whom does a man from a poor/middle class family fepend on? cheesy

And contrary to Op's writeup, men are more desperate for marriage than women, at least that's what I see around me.

Ordinary 150 k salary and 1 room self contain, them go rush carry woman put for house. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:30pm On Sep 18, 2022
Raalsalghul:

Especially if there's an issue with your finances while in the marriage.

The man from a rich family can still depend on his family business, inheritance and other rich relatives.

Whom does a man from a poor/middle class family fepend on? cheesy

And contrary to Op's writeup, men are more desperate for marriage than women, at least that's what I see around me.

Ordinary 150 k salary and 1 room self contain, them go rush carry woman put for house. grin

As in they never even chop one good meal or enjoy anything they go be like I want my children to grow old with me �. It's even women trying to grow their careers and wealth and postpone marriage but guys are the ones pressuring them into it. It's crazy whereas it should be the other way around

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
efficiencie:

@bolded Did you say "benefits of responsibility"? LMAO grin

Wahala for who wan be MEN.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Marriage Not Taken Serious Nowadays by Gerrard59(m): 4:32pm On Sep 18, 2022
Say "within my circles, young people aren't getting married or are marrying later in their lives". The aspect of marrying late is even a global phenomenon across many countries esp in the developed world. Just recently, stats from the Japanese government showed that the rate of young Japanese who intend to marry has further dwindled. The same phenomenon plays out in South Korea, the US, Singapore etc. So, it's not a Nigerian thing, get over it.

About the circle of a thing, mine is different as both genders are marrying every Saturday. Every time I login into Facebook and Instagram, I am swarmed with pre-wedding, wedding, baby-shower, childbearing, children dedication and naming ceremonies photos. So, because of those photos, should I say "marriage rates are rising amongst young Nigerians"? No.

BTW, Nigerians will always marry or aspire to marry. The average Nigerian is a conservative person, and when small change enters a man's hands, he begins to find a wife.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Steal A Woman's Glory / Since I Complemented Her Big Ass The Ass Is Not As Big Ass Before. / Isreal Replies Iran, 903 Dead, 357 Injured, 500 Plus Missing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.