Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Emi Lokan : The Double Standard - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emi Lokan : The Double Standard (359 Views)

Emi lokan: "It is my turn to be Governor of Ondo State" - Olusola Oke / Festus Keyamo Reacts To Melaye's "Emi Lokan" Mockery Dance / 2023: It’s Wrong To Say ‘Emi Lokan’ – Obasanjo Drags Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by Draslo(m): 7:38am On Sep 18, 2022
BAT made the "Emi Lokan" statement before the primaries. He wasn't talking to Nigerians about the presidency. He was talking to his fellow party members that it was his turn to be the flag bearer since many people were already talking about Osibanjo as the party's champion in 2023.

The double standard there is that all three major presidential aspirants have the 'it's my turn' mentality otherwise, the other two wouldn't jump from party to party just to clinch the presidential ticket. Even Wike that isn't an aspirant believes it's his turn that's why he's been mad at his party members for a while now.

The internet has made a lot of Nigerians zombies. They can't think for themselves anymore. They wait for half baked journalists, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and tiktok influencers and click bait bloggers to do the thinking for them and it's quite sad to say the least.

1 Like

Re: Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by SlavaUkraini: 7:39am On Sep 18, 2022
This OP is high on Tinubu's illicit drugs.

Go and watch the video again without taking drugs and stop disgracing yourself.

No matter how hard you try to defend your Cocaine supplier, he sees the Presidency as is Entitlement for his years of "Support" for other candidates.

Hence he is Shouting Emi Lokan everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by Corridon: 7:43am On Sep 18, 2022
Trash. Bat said it is the turn of the Yorubas to produce the president and when it comes to Yoruba that it is his turn to be president. What does that mean? He meant it is his turn to be president of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by OurSeun(m): 7:46am On Sep 18, 2022
You actually explained it, though most of this zombies understand the man....

The "EMI LOKAN" was a statement to his Yoruba fellow not even for APC primaries, Tinubu was addressing is tribe telling them the truth in a candid manner.

Tinubu is focus on his mandate, that's why he always win.

I wish Nigeria all the best in this coming election.

1 Like

Re: Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by ivandragon: 8:03am On Sep 18, 2022
Personally I think competence, integrity & openness should be the basic factors needed for anyone to come forward to lead.

1 Like

Re: Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by Draslo(m): 8:26am On Sep 18, 2022
ivandragon:
Personally I think competence, integrity & openness should be the basic factors needed for anyone to come forward to lead.

We can only work with competency. Integrity and openness eludes the national politics of almost every country on earth. Hence the popular saying 'The government is lying to you'.

For competency we know who to vote for but we've decided to gamble a non achiever. To each his own
Re: Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by Naijanascam: 8:28am On Sep 18, 2022
This OP must be high on something or a new recruit trying hard to fit into the older circle of Urchins who are making a living out of Emi lo kan movement.......

Kabaka is cashing out already after Remixing Emi lo kan song
Re: Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by tuborme: 8:34am On Sep 18, 2022
His turn to sleep on Duty!

Re: Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by tuborme: 8:36am On Sep 18, 2022
He should come on live TV to explain himself

Re: Emi Lokan : The Double Standard by ambale(m): 8:46am On Sep 18, 2022
In any guise, you might want to put it, emilokan is not a proper word to use in national politics

If you believe in fairness, then you should know that three regions have held the presidency since we came back to this present democratic rule- The SW, NW, and the SS

So those who should be shouting emilokan should be the NC, NE and the SE, but since there's an unofficial agreement(if there was anything like that), that the presidency should come down south, it should have been for the SE for the sake of fairness

But that should not even warrant the Emilokan word, in a nation of more than a 100million adults, you are saying Emilokan.

You need to tell us what kan you oo?�

(1) (Reply)

Watch Gov Wike Live Press Conference / Trace Any Anambra State Property To Me, I Will Stop Campaigning. Peter Obi / Highlight Of Peter Obi 4million March In Lagos, Kaduna, Benin And Uyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.