Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,839 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

How Do You Survive As An Artist In Nigeria? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do You Survive As An Artist In Nigeria? (14100 Views)

Japa: Top 5 Lucrative Side Hustles For Nigerians To Survive In UK, Canada / 8 Things You Need To Survive As A Banker / Can A Graduate Survive With N50,000 Salary A Month? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Survive As An Artist In Nigeria? by Artbydris(m): 12:39am On Sep 21, 2022
Lamanii22:
grin grin grin I think nfts was created for you guys

The world of NFTs is overpopulated. Billions of NFTs with little resale value.
Re: How Do You Survive As An Artist In Nigeria? by Artbydris(m): 12:41am On Sep 21, 2022
maxiart2:
A lot of artists are not valued and their works are less appreciated.
I create and sell more of my works as NFTs than commissions.
As a Nigerian artists , you need not to rely on art as your soul source of income especially the yet to be established artists.

You're absolutely right. Generate most of my income from model making, I exhibit occasionally too though.
Re: How Do You Survive As An Artist In Nigeria? by Artbydris(m): 12:42am On Sep 21, 2022
Coolguy34:
Guy calm down

The moniker is on point lol.
Re: How Do You Survive As An Artist In Nigeria? by Artbydris(m): 12:45am On Sep 21, 2022
yungz:

you still need a lot of money to mint nft on ethereum network. They should face the reality, being an artist is not a sustainable career especially in this part of the world.

Lol. It is sustainable, every hustle requires a strategy. All my works are non figurative, yet I make sales. I make utility art as well. Also, minting is free on Polygon.
Re: How Do You Survive As An Artist In Nigeria? by Artbydris(m): 12:48am On Sep 21, 2022
smile4kenn:

Nice one.

I repackaged your article and posted it here. Thanks
https://gist.am/question/surviving-as-an-artist-in-nigeria-how-do-you-find-a-market-that-appreciates-art

No credit sir. My name is Ajíbólá Adékàńmbí
Re: How Do You Survive As An Artist In Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
Artbydris:

No credit sir. My name is Ajíbólá Adékàńmbí

Sorry about that. Will be updated.
Re: How Do You Survive As An Artist In Nigeria? by genabc(m): 7:19am On Oct 02, 2022
Can I see some of ur work?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Johnspeak Uwangue: How Not To Get Sacked From Your Workplace / Feeling Jaded? Here's How To Make Lemonades Out Of Life's Lemons / 3 Tips To Help You Escape A Sack Letter When You Can’t Do The Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.