Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,044 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry (34437 Views)

FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos) / FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ponmo has health benefits, Check Google

3 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by ceaser: 7:37pm On Sep 19, 2022
Well, I agree as long as it will revive the country's leather industry.

Remember the other year that listening to and playing foreign music (dem 2pac, notorious Big, etc) was banned in the country. Few years after we can see that the country's music industry has developed within the African subcontinent and even in the world in general.

But if this ban is yet another ploy by the political elite to further plunge the already battered and impoverished average Nigerian into further penury in order to ensure they are easily controllable and available for their political abracadabra, then I reject it with all my strength not minding the fact that it has no nutritional value.

2 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by GloriousGbola: 7:39pm On Sep 19, 2022
Here we go again

These people Never learn

ban rice
Ban maize.
Increase import duty of cars
Close border

.... Profit! LOSS cry cry

2 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Bobbiee: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ha! You want my Yoruba friends to commit suicide?! No try am o!!

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by ZombieTAMER: 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2022
Realguyman1:
It's like no body for this buhari government even get sense at all

Nobody in APc has sense

3 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by kingPhidel(m): 7:40pm On Sep 19, 2022
Which kind band ? Me that I’m planning to roast the cow with the pomo during my wedding.

Federal government next topic please, live diswan

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Mercury12(m): 7:41pm On Sep 19, 2022
But why lol cheesy
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by SouthSouth1914: 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2022
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/it-has-no-nutrition-fg-to-ban-ponmo-to-revive-leather-industry/amp

Leather industry will not immediately quench hunger, ponmo can!!

Ponmo lives matter!!!

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by funshint(m): 7:43pm On Sep 19, 2022
These are the type of people that the North gives us in governance. Draconian people who don't critically think before taking decision. How do you take food away from people's table just because of clothe. Rather why don't you urge increase in cattle production? What kind of people get themselves to power for God sake! Can you see the effect of quota system now! So do you want to criminalize Ponmo consumption or production because I don't understand this?

4 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by ransomed: 7:44pm On Sep 19, 2022
Emilokan and his goons will not like this . Good riddance to Bad rubbish of killer Herdsmen product.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Melonsmasher: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2022
Hope FFK has something to say about this..
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Cmanforall: 7:47pm On Sep 19, 2022

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Badonasty(m): 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2022
Lol….dem wan make people swear for them

2 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by meobizy(f): 7:48pm On Sep 19, 2022
Why is kpomo not part of suya, sef?

The government will label it unhealthy and unwholesome until oyibos disprove the claim. Once the white man says it’s good, our people will embrace it fully.

3 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by YoungDaNaval(m): 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2022
BurialGround:
angry

If you ban Ponmo how will an average Yoruba woman survives?
grin
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by LillyandDaisy: 7:49pm On Sep 19, 2022
Na which kind wahala be this, out of all the problem wey we Dey face for this country, na Ponmo still be federal government problem!!!

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Monday60655(m): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2022
I have been telling people this, even two of my brothers who can't cook any soup without this animal skin called pomo, that it has no nutritional value. The only value you get from it comes from the ingredients you use in preparing it which you can save to use and prepare enormously proteinous meets available.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by SmartyPants(m): 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2022
These people should learn to let the invisible hand work.

If there is a natural demand for local leather products, then the tanneries will naturally demand animal skin more, and will drive the price up, so that those who want to "waste" it by eating it will turn to substitutes like shaki.

It has to be driven by demand.

The current approach will achieve nothing other than to create a black market for ponmo.

2 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by RepoMan007: 7:53pm On Sep 19, 2022
I don't believe it has no nutritional value because anytime I overdose on it, I add weight. I easily add weight naturally and so know what I m saying. It must have a lot in it.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by SmartyPants(m): 7:54pm On Sep 19, 2022
RepoMan007:
I don't believe it has no nutritional value because anytime I overdose on it, I add weight. I easily add weight naturally and so know what I m saying. It must have a lot in it.

Caloric value is not the same as nutritional value.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by RepoMan007: 7:55pm On Sep 19, 2022
SmartyPants:

Caloric value is not the same as nutritional value.
explain further pls. I believe if I add weight, it must be rich in protein. If a I bing eat starchy food, I don't add weight.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by paradiseVirgin: 8:01pm On Sep 19, 2022
ObituaryYebo:

Ndi Cannibalism should be remorseful for eating your fellow human beings instead of ponmo.
IPOB/ESN are already on the street searching who to kill and eat. grin

Yoruba no be your mate

You sabi Mbaise people of Imo state?

There is a saying that goes: 'If you see an Mbaise man and a snake, first kill the Mbaise man first before the snake'

Omo! Their Ndi Cannibalism' no be here.

#NoCapping

2 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by wolesmile(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Monday60655:
I have been telling people this, even two of my brothers who can't cook any soup without this animal skin called pomo, that it has no nutritional value. The only value you get from it comes from the ingredients you use in preparing it which you can save to use and prepare enormously proteinous meets available.

Google is your friend
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Prisco4luv(m): 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
if them like, they should ban it, me dont like eating pormor
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by just2endowed: 8:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
forgiveness:
I don't like that pomo one beat from the time I learnt it adds nothing to the body.

same here....but if its fresh from the cow skin, it contains little of vitamins but if washed and burnt to light red colour. then it has no single nutritional value. thats why i stop eating punmo long long time ago.

Just that it will be very hard for people to stop eating ponmo
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Gkay1(m): 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
Federal government dey joke
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Samsunny99: 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
Am I complaining about my ponmo? Why is my ponmo your problem? Wetin do nutritional value? Law Donn finish to enact,na law to ban ponmo remain
Them need fumigate this country,
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Juoflife1(f): 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ponmo lives matter grin
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by ezewealth(m): 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ponmo has a nutritive value, what u will say is it has low nutritive value compared to other meat. If not for anything ponmo has a lot of fibre n few protein. Just that it doesn't contains all essential amino acid., and should be used for industrial purpose. Though ponmo in it's self has low nutritive value, it can still be fortified and garnished with vegetables plus other stuffs in order to give u real dose of nutrition.

2 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
Realguyman1:
It's like no body for this buhari government even get sense at all

Should we ban Buhari because he adds no value to this country, instead, he ruins the country?

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by gabbsek: 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2022
The FG acting very unwise as usual.

So if you run your shoe industry side by side ponmon consumption, it is wrong?

You think the 30k you pay a family man sustains him?
And who told you Ponmo is not nutritious?

Ponmo is skin and has nutrients, if it is not nutritious enough for the FG, the masses are very okay with their "non-nutritious" meat, we all know that it is not poisonous.

All these oyibo people and Alatas relocating back to Nigeria, giving you fake advice are the ones you are listening to?

Why not revive the shoe industry first, until there is no available leather to produce more shoes before you start thinking of banning it?

If you dont know how to process ponmo for cooking, it does not mean other Nigerians don't.

That is how you banned importation of Generators, yet no light and the generators are still being sold at exorbitant price.

Or is the FG trying to increase price of ponmo to N1000?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside Of Coscharis Farms, Anaku, Anambra State / Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria / Cashew Nuts Trading.. What You Need To Know.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.