Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,261 members, 7,818,889 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry (34432 Views)

FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos) / FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by IamAtikulate: 8:41pm On Sep 19, 2022
Ponmo is Yoruba people meat ooh. Make FG leave am for them ooh.

Wetin Abdul wan use chop ewa and bread again? #Justice4Ponmo #Justice4OurYorubaNeighbours
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Chinedum300: 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2022
Since the Time of buhari and APC.... We have been surviving...... They must go to failure 2023 presidential election
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Razy75g: 8:44pm On Sep 19, 2022
These fools in government want to repeatedly make Nigerians miserable

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Fortune109: 8:45pm On Sep 19, 2022
RepoMan007:
I don't believe it has no nutritional value because anytime I overdose on it, I add weight. I easily add weight naturally and so know what I m saying. It must have a lot in it.

Abi!

How people can’t properly reason is beyond me…not a food expert but the question is, if you are about to die of hunger and you only see Ponmo to eat will you still die of hunger??

Are they saying there is no nutritional value in a cow’s skin because it has been made into Ponmo??

If there is any other reason to ban Ponmo let him just state it but the Nutritional Value excuse doesn’t make any sense…

You don’t need to ban Ponmo before the Leather Industry can promoted…

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by LagbajaTheBEREAN: 8:46pm On Sep 19, 2022
darkwan:
its like pakistan trying to reduce the consumption of tea....kiki....
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Dynamicboss: 8:49pm On Sep 19, 2022
Is he not part of those eating kpomo with vegetables or stew? Hypocrite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Lightorder: 8:50pm On Sep 19, 2022
BurialGround:
angry

If you ban Ponmo how will an average Yoruba woman survives?
hahaha ! That is APC for you. They called for it and they are getting it. I started eating pomo when I got to Lagos. They should ban it. Ewedu goes next
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by omonnakoda: 8:51pm On Sep 19, 2022
Banning is not the solution to everything.
?
Let the market decide. If the leather industry pays more fine if the catering industry pays more all well and good .Both industries are competitors so why should government takes sides. Whether it has nutritional value is irrelevant what nutritional value does tobacco or chewing gum have?
At any rate this should not be the concern of the Federal government

2 Likes

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by lereinter(m): 8:53pm On Sep 19, 2022
Mumu director general
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by ahamonyeka(m): 8:54pm On Sep 19, 2022
Waisterners go protest agsibat tbis o
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Masterito(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2022
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Emperor88(m): 8:55pm On Sep 19, 2022
Romanoff:
But that's what the poor and low income families rely on.

Titus fish, beef and soft frozen chicken are around the same price, turkey goes for 3600 for 306 and 2800 for Blanket.

On how much salary can these low income household afford this?
Eating Ponmo is as good as not eating anything at all.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Mycometp3(m): 8:56pm On Sep 19, 2022
E be like say Ogun win Kee this government
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by JudahTheDream: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
Emperor88:

Eating Ponmo is as good as not eating anything at all.

u are a dreamer! They keep lying to u dt pomo has no nutrient just like they kept naija history off ur reading n understanding.

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Lovelydaisies: 9:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
How do they mean 'no nutritional value'? So, not even a vitamin? They should revisit their research on that topic. It sounds ridiculous.
I'm not the ponmo type but I occasionally consume it.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Honjoshy4u: 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2022
Na to de cook the leather chop na
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by LienwaltAbel(m): 9:05pm On Sep 19, 2022
Nigeria is just continuing to look more and more like the Soviet Union. Serving the group instead of the individual and making shit worse at the same time. Down with collectivism
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by madjune(m): 9:07pm On Sep 19, 2022
It adds little or no value to the body but it helps good sleep.

Money can't buy good sleep.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Tayorshd2(m): 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
as much as ponmo has no nutritional value, it does QUENCH HUNGER... how will your leather industry solve that?!
Don't mind this people they are senseless and only think about their family lovelyhood and I again while complained to them about pọnmọ

Is tha the major problem Nigeria is facing now kiss cry[color=#000099][/color]
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by highchief1: 9:10pm On Sep 19, 2022
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/it-has-no-nutrition-fg-to-ban-ponmo-to-revive-leather-industry/amp
everything in life is not all about nutrition o.kpomo for stew no be joke.Thunder fire fg nyash der
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by 7arrows: 9:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
ijustdey:

https://www.thecable.ng/it-has-no-nutrition-fg-to-ban-ponmo-to-revive-leather-industry/amp

Stupid and senseless people. Na pomo be una problem now. Una just wan make the prize very high. Maybe this man dream say them use pomo poison am.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by 7arrows: 9:12pm On Sep 19, 2022
Realguyman1:
It's like no body for this buhari government even get sense at all

Seriously they are all senseless. Maybe na dementia dey worry all of them. Including them oga baba bubu
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Okoroawusa: 9:13pm On Sep 19, 2022
Abeg abeg abeg make una no try am!

Make anybody no just try ban my ponmo ..I can take FG to court for this!!!!
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by ufotunang: 9:20pm On Sep 19, 2022
Meat, chicken, turkey, goat meat, fish are very expensive...it's only ponmo a poor man can put in his soup to enjoy the Soup.. and you want to ban ponmo...you are wicked....I do not know what nigerians have enjoyed in this Buhari APC administration sef
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Difrent: 9:22pm On Sep 19, 2022
owobokiri:

In other countries, if the local production runs short, they import in other not starve their people. It's the case in both Asia Europe and the Americas. But in Nigeria, whether there are bountiful harvests or not, no one imports anything that can be produced in the north into this country, It's time to liberalize this area. Nigerians are starving. Many neighboring West African countries who are far poorer that Nigeria, feeds their people better. Folks have money to start ranching business across board but the government is only interested in ruga, because it only favours the fulani.

Them tomorrow you will cry that dollars is going to a thousand naira for 1.....why wont it? When citizens like you will prefer we import what we can produce...instead of encouraging local productions so that we can even export and make forex so that maybe one day dollar will equal naira. SMH
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by everythinggirly(f): 9:27pm On Sep 19, 2022
I really don't like ponmo but e be like say Las Las sense don commot for these people head, how ponmo take affect us? Especially the yoruba's, they can die for it. This buhari government sha... Olodos...
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Allisgud: 9:29pm On Sep 19, 2022
Who's on dis,let'storm national assembly tomorrow to protest on this buhari must be impeached
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by africantycoon: 9:37pm On Sep 19, 2022
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Proudlyomonna: 10:01pm On Sep 19, 2022
Them don come wit another one again,na so them close borders because of Rice,today now local Rice na #600 per derica.
Useless Govt.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Dozie32(m): 10:02pm On Sep 19, 2022
ObituaryYebo:

Ndi Cannibalism should be remorseful for eating your fellow human beings instead of ponmo.
IPOB/ESN are already on the street searching who to kill and eat. grin

Yoruba no be your mate
You must be mad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / Inside Of Coscharis Farms, Anaku, Anambra State / Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.