Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,853 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry (34431 Views)

FG To Kill Pests In 12 Northern States With N13bn / Imo Government To Revive ADAPALM Plantation (photos) / FG To Ban Tomato Importation This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by ddeola: 4:09am On Sep 20, 2022
This will not sail through because the go t has not provided an alternative for the common man. Leave us to eat our ponmo in peace. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by drololaaof: 4:38am On Sep 20, 2022
Osariemen12:
Southwest women's business about to go down. It's a good one from the FG to protect Nigerians from the most unhygienic food in the Nigerian markets.
Who told you it is unhygienic?
This government is trying to do as if they are working by making
unnecessary laws and proclamations. Pomo has taste and value it is reach in fibre,even though not all it's protein are digestible.
The much touted need for NIN and its linkage with SIM cards have not reduced , stop and or assist in arresting the abductors and kidnapping.
The total number of naija on register as at today is still less than 100million, whereas there postulated population is above 250 million, people are dying and born every day where is the 150 m difference?
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Iykenuwa(m): 4:51am On Sep 20, 2022
My Yoruba people will revolt!
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by maxkia(m): 4:51am On Sep 20, 2022
Nigerian Customs Generate Trillions of Naira as Imports duty on Ponmo (Hides & skin).
Forget Nutritional value, Indonesia Uses
Ponmo in Manufacturing Biscuits also.

What Value will the Leather bring to Nigeria & Nigerians if Banned �.This APC Government is just clueless. I am sure our Able Yoruba & Akwa_ibom Women won't like this News. So it's another loss for APC . You Slaughter your cows here without Skinning. You cut both the hides & meat and cook. So where will you and Other leather Producers get hides for Leather Production if not To Import Hides?

APC just lost block votes from Yoruba women market sellers & Akwa_ibom Women Too. This is a + for Labor Party �
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by wumi2017(f): 5:22am On Sep 20, 2022
Make them no try that abeg ,,ponmo wey I still buy yesterday

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Realguyman1(m): 5:31am On Sep 20, 2022
bonnyhope:

But this one make sense na

Truly there is no nutritional benefit in poonmo
It makes no sense bro.
There are lot of food we eat everyday that are even harmful to the body, but why do the government still allow them? Instead of the government to up their games, they will rather look for an excuse to give and make senseless conclusion.

Ponmo is the only thing that is cheap in the market now for the common people to still make their pot of food look lively.

There are some people who doesn't eat red meat due to medical reasons and those people can't afford fish, chicken or turkey all the time, so they go for ponmo in other not to make their pot of food look empty and somehow, because ponmo causes no damage to their body as well.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Difrent: 7:29am On Sep 20, 2022
owobokiri:

Cattle colony and ruga Kee u dia
No one was against investments in agriculture. What we were/are against is the utilization of such scheme to systematically grab peoples land! That won't fly.
Stop blaming me for your misery. Blame your fellow herdsmen who turned brigandage into a cultural symbol. They're the biggest threats to the modernization of agriculture in Nigeria.

Hypocrites
Land grabbing kee u dia.
Southerners buy tracts of land up north for business has anyone accused them of land grabbing.
Speaking from both sides of the mouth like rabid dogs.
Igbos owns properties all over yorubaland has anyone accused you of land grabbing?....remove the speck in your eyes so you can see well and reason like a human being not a hate filled demon who doesn't really know what they want .
Igbos should stop blaming anybody but themselves from their miseries
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Adjovi: 7:35am On Sep 20, 2022
Chnbanc:

No be lie

Moderators which kine tribalistic thing be this na. The picture attached itself is sensitive I wonder what's wrong with nairaland. I guess what they said about seun on twitter is accurate. Nairaland is the base of tribalism on all social media platforms
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by ogatboy(m): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2022
ObituaryYebo:

Ndi Cannibalism should be remorseful for eating your fellow human beings instead of ponmo.
IPOB/ESN are already on the street searching who to kill and eat. grin

Yoruba no be your mate

But they found lots of cocaine in the yoruba land. Obviously many of you there are high
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Codes151(m): 8:15am On Sep 20, 2022
Muhammad Yakubu, director-general, Nigerian Institute of Leather and Science Technology (NILEST), Zaria

see people way dey positions.... abi them say them no like western education?

leather n sci tech is worried bout ponmo wow
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by owobokiri(m): 8:16am On Sep 20, 2022
Difrent:

Hypocrites
Land grabbing kee u dia.
Southerners buy tracts of land up north for business has anyone accused them of land grabbing.
Speaking from both sides of the mouth like rabid dogs.
Igbos owns properties all over yorubaland has anyone accused you of land grabbing?....remove the speck in your eyes so you can see well and reason like a human being not a hate filled demon who doesn't really know what they want .
Igbos should stop blaming anybody but themselves from their miseries

We as igbos pay FULLY for any landed property acquired anywhere in this country. Everybody knows this for a fact. Infact, we overpay sef. In Lagos, you guys will point at a marshy piece of swamp and call prices equivalent to that of beachfront estates in Dubai and Miami, we will still pay!

Can you tell me the names of the Fulani herdsmen who are willing to pay with their own cash for Ruga?! Mention one and I will shut up, you demon! Others use their hard-earned money to pay for their business premises and you want the government to pay for yours?? Yet you are the one accusing others of hate! You see your life?
Amu nkita
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Abakelawal(f): 8:26am On Sep 20, 2022
This is the business some people are using to survive ooo
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Slimwhyt(m): 8:35am On Sep 20, 2022
E be like say FG no get work?
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by sylve11: 8:36am On Sep 20, 2022
slivertongue:
Ponmo na Southern delicacy. Any attempted attempt will led to protest. Ponmo Protest.

Lol grin cool
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by godofuck231: 8:41am On Sep 20, 2022
Next them go bad erection because its a waste of blood and stamina
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by sylve11: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2022
unite4real:
My Yoruba friends must challenge this in court. They have plenty SANs

Lol grin cool
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Babastrong(m): 8:46am On Sep 20, 2022
If you eat ponmo, you eat it for pleasure. No nutrient. i prefer soya cheese to ponmo.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by deavicky(m): 8:50am On Sep 20, 2022
Na now I know say this federal government na mumu. How many people uses animals skin for leather this days while synthetic leather is everywhere and doing better.
Anything to make the masses hungry FG will be present.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Babastrong(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2022
[quote author=drololaaof post=116832043]
Who told you it is unhygienic?
This government is trying to do as if they are working by making
unnecessary laws and proclamations. Pomo has taste and value it is reach in fibre,even though not all it's protein are digestible.
The much touted need for NIN and its linkage with SIM cards have not reduced , stop and or assist in arresting the abductors and kidnapping.
The total number of naija on register as at today is still less than 100million, whereas there postulated population is above 250 million, people are dying and born every day where is the 150 m difference? [ Ponmo has no protein. We did experimentally in food chemistry. There is nothing in ponmo. Eating it is just for pleasure. I agreed that banning it has negative impacts on someone's business]
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by sageb: 9:00am On Sep 20, 2022
Pandev:
Which kain mumu talk be this? undecided Imagine better ponmo wey don soak stew on top my rice and beans, damn. Normal normal ponmo sweet.

Guy, I am coming with a keg of palmwine to eat this ponmo and drink up.
That ponmo meal looks Delicious.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Successlane: 9:20am On Sep 20, 2022
BurialGround:
angry

If you ban Ponmo how will an average Yoruba woman survive?

At least, it's animal skin we are talking about here; it's better than eating fellow HUMAN flesh.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Chnbanc: 9:35am On Sep 20, 2022
Adjovi:

Moderators which kine tribalistic thing be this na. The picture attached itself is sensitive I wonder what's wrong with nairaland. I guess what they said on twitter is accurate. Nairaland is the base of tribalism on all social media platforms
There is no tribalism here on nairaland!!
You must be chasing clout for you to reason
That way..
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Antoeni(m): 9:35am On Sep 20, 2022
Justice for Pomo

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Antoeni(m): 9:44am On Sep 20, 2022
If federal government mistakingly ban ponmo consumption, the entire Yoruba nation will sue them to court. Because yorubas value ponmo more than meat.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Difrent: 9:53am On Sep 20, 2022
owobokiri:

We as igbos pay FULLY for any landed property acquired anywhere in this country. Everybody knows this for a fact. Infact, we overpay sef. In Lagos, you guys will point at a marshy piece of swamp and call prices equivalent to that of beachfront estates in Dubai and Miami, we will still pay!

Can you tell me the names of the Fulani herdsmen who are willing to pay with their own cash for Ruga?! Mention one and I will shut up, you demon! Others use their hard-earned money to pay for their business premises and you want the government to pay for yours?? Yet you are the one accusing others of hate! You see your life?
Amu nkita

How will you know that when you never gave the scheme a chance.....show me where anybody ever said the herdsmen WONT PAY for the land either as a lease or to buy.

Why is government building airports for people to come and use for their private businesses. With time we may have fully privatized airports but for now they need rely on government build airports.
So there are still some economic activities that government have to for now be involved in the infrastructure no big deal if government aquire land for ruga.....government acquired lands all over the country for farm settlement and lease to farmers but to you hate filled igbos its only if government want to do something for fulanis that you get a hard on.
Funny your PO is running with a mauritanian migrant who if they manage to win will acquire your land to settle his people....see your life....igbos and directionlessness is 5 and 6
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by owobokiri(m): 10:00am On Sep 20, 2022
Difrent:

How will you know that when you never gave the scheme a chance.....show me where anybody ever said the herdsmen WONT PAY for the land either as a lease or to buy.

Why is government building airports for people to come and use for their private businesses. With time we may have fully privatized airports but for now they need rely on government build airports.
So there are still some economic activities that government have to for now be involved in the infrastructure no big deal if government aquire land for ruga.....government acquired lands all over the country for farm settlement and lease to farmers but to you hate filled igbos its only if government want to do something for fulanis that you get a hard on.
Funny your PO is running with a mauritanian migrant who if they manage to win will acquire your land to settle his people....see your life....igbos and directionlessness is 5 and 6
@ the bolded,..
I give up on you!
You can easily sell dog poop for candy.
You're unbelievable!
Ruga is now like an airport!
Airport Kee u dia with your Mauritanian lords
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Difrent: 10:09am On Sep 20, 2022
owobokiri:

@ the bolded,..
I give up on you!
You can easily sell dog poop for candy.
You're unbelievable!
Ruga is now like an airport!
Airport Kee u dia with your Mauritanian lords

I give up on you
So airlines are no longer private businesses just so you can justify your misunderstanding of the Ruga concept. Yall were against it because you said its private business. You refused to comment on the point i made about farm settlements why are the farmers not forced to buy hundreds of acres to plant and rely on leased government land....
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by owobokiri(m): 10:32am On Sep 20, 2022
Difrent:

I give up on you
So airlines are no longer private businesses just so you can justify your misunderstanding of the Ruga concept. Yall were against it because you said its private business. You refused to comment on the point i made about farm settlements why are the farmers not forced to buy hundreds of acres to plant and rely on leased government land....

You are not making sense bro.., you actually sound dense. I think I have told you all I need to tell you on this topic. Unfortunately, I might need a sledgehammer to drill facts into your oblong and treacherous skull! They can build all their Ruga in sokoto and Bornu, but using that as an excuse to grab lands in the east is a call for confrontations. It's not Igbo traders that are beheading people in their thousands, it's your brothers the socalled herders.. Traders pay for every stall or shop or warehouse! Handsomely too. If herders want much land elsewhere from the north, they should first renounce violence and make payments as traders do too for these spaces. That's how it works. After all, they pay no taxes.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Monday60655(m): 10:33am On Sep 20, 2022
Reallife17:
Ponmo is high in collagen. A type of protein which is really quite important for holding bones and skin tissues in place.

Source: google

I don’t think anything humans consume can have no nutritional benefits at all.

I understand where you are coming from very well my brother. Yes ponmo contains collagen, a protein needed in the bone and cartilage to prevent wrinkles. But it does not contain all the essential amino acids. You know what that means as a Biochemist right! Lastly, what rendered ponmo useless for consumption is that our body naturally produces collagen even more than enough the body need.

1 Like

Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Monday60655(m): 10:36am On Sep 20, 2022
wolesmile:

Google is your friend

That's to say you can make use of it to enlighten yourself.
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by bonnyhope: 10:37am On Sep 20, 2022
Realguyman1:
It makes no sense bro.
There are lot of food we eat everyday that are even harmful to the body, but why do the government still allow them? Instead of the government to up their games, they will rather look for an excuse to give and make senseless conclusion.

Ponmo is the only thing that is cheap in the market now for the common people to still make their pot of food look lively.

There are some people who doesn't eat red meat due to medical reasons and those people can't afford fish, chicken or turkey all the time, so they go for ponmo in other not to make their pot of food look empty and somehow, because ponmo causes no damage to their body as well.

Hmmmm
Re: ‘It Has No Nutrition’ — FG To Ban ‘Ponmo’ To Revive Leather Industry by Queenzzy: 10:47am On Sep 20, 2022
darkwan:

what the hell is he talkin about....??
Ponmo stew is sweet. That's what he's talking about..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / Inside Of Coscharis Farms, Anaku, Anambra State / Mira Mehta To Produce Tomato Paste In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.