Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:08 AM

Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) (50208 Views)

Trump Mocks Biden For The 14th Row Seat At The Queen's Funeral / Double Rainbow Appears Over Buckingham Palace On Eve Of Queen's Funeral (photos) / US Spy Planes Deployed To Russia & Taiwan As Putin & Xi Hold War Games(Pix, Vid) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Juoflife1(f): 12:36pm On Sep 20, 2022
Oga rest... They came with SUVs. Not bus. Australian prime minister, macron, Boris etc. They got down from the SUVs one after the other with their spouses. They stood close to the door and the protocol led them to their seats. You didn't see all that?
Faithful007:
Trudeau, Olaf Scholz and Macron did not use a motorcade. They came in a bus. Keep looking at everything through the eyes of racism yet you can't make your country better by yourself.
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Lifeiseazi: 12:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
Asour:

Of course the world is not fair. Haven't you realized?

Everywhere humans exist there'll almost always be a pecking order.

Perhaps you should have started your 'fairness' call from Nigeria where VVIPs drive against traffic and get all sorts of privileges.

N.B. No one was forced to come for the funeral and
American Presidents have moved freely in the pasts (even within the US) but it became unsafe after deaths and scares.

The US president doesn't have the same risk profile as, say, an Erdogan. And that's NOT because of the men themselves but the nation's they represent.

Erdogan survived two coup
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Jameskyrian(m): 12:39pm On Sep 20, 2022
budaatum:

Here we go again. Another one losing respect because he has to get the bus!

After a long thread, you couldn't do little research.. Canada, Australia and those aforementioned are all ruled by the late Queen.... Their Head of state was and is England... So what are you saying again?
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by budaatum: 12:43pm On Sep 20, 2022
demolagilbert:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/09/19/world/europe/queen-funeral-guest-list.amp.html

Note the date. If he wasn't invited, it would have been very easy for the editor of this paper to just say/write President Putin wasn't invited, but he/she didn't. So don't be too sure. Cheers

Nothing you posted there says Putin was invited, and every source says he wasn't.

What do you think all the countries donating billions in support of Ukraine would say if UK made the stupid mistake of inviting the person they donated that money to defend Ukraine against attended the Queen's funeral?

Don't you think they'd all boycott the Queen's funeral if Putin had diplomatic immunity to attend so only he buried the Queen?

And don't you think Putin would have been arrested for war crimes if he came to UK?

I am very certain and sure that UK is not that stupid to have invited Putin to the Queen's funeral. In fact, I'm as sure as if I sent the invitations out myself, though please know that I did not send the invitations out myself.

3 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by budaatum: 12:48pm On Sep 20, 2022
Jameskyrian:

After a long thread, you couldn't do little research.. Canada, Australia and those aforementioned are all ruled by the late Queen.... Their Head of state was and is England... So what are you saying again?

Simply that they got the bus and did not feel disrespected.

Or what is it that you are hearing exactly?

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by JuanDeDios: 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2022
casualobserver:

yes. The thing is many Nigerians think they are smart but they really arent. Buhari ignores the noise and does what he wants to do, he has achieved what he wants to acheive and like it or not, he will leave the most enduring legacies of any president since 1999. What are the legacies of obasanjo, Yaradua and GEJ that will endure in 10, 20 or 30 years? List them for me and I will give you a whole list of Buharies legacies that will endure for the next 30.40.50 years. Like him or not (i never voted for him) the guy has done more for Nigeria that anyone since 1999. Yes he bleeped up big time in certain aspects like insecurity and economy but like I always say those are short term issues that are reversible.
I'm sure you really believe all you wrote. Well, I recently met a lady who feels just like you.
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by GBOLAGBURUGBURU(m): 12:53pm On Sep 20, 2022
tishbite42:

Your obsession with Putin is pathetic

Were you expecting a man who didn't attend Gorbachev's funeral after denying him a state burial to attend a certain Elizabeth burial?!
Did Stalin attend the burial of King George III?!?!

King George lll was dead and long buried before they even gave birth to Joseph Stalin..

So there's no way he could have attended the burial of someone that died over 5 decades before his birth.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by tishbite42: 12:55pm On Sep 20, 2022
GBOLAGBURUGBURU:

King George lll was dead and long buried before they even gave birth to Stalin..
My bad with the numbers
The King who gave birth to the late Elizabeth
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by ChukwuObe: 1:05pm On Sep 20, 2022
WriterNig:
1. Russian President - Vladimir Putin (refused invitation)
2. China's President - Xi Jinping
3. Indian Prime Minister - Narendra Modi
4. Saudi Arabia Crown Prince - HRH Mohammed Bin Salman (refused invitation, sent a state minister instead)
5. Turkey's President - Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (refused to attend without his private motorcade)
6. Iran's President - Ebrahim Raisi
7. Belarus President - Aleksandr Lukashenko (wasn't invited)
8. Venezuelan President - Nicolas Maduro.
9. North Korean Leader - Kim Jong-Un.

Arab Leaders arrived in style with their convoys.
But our African leaders shamelessly boarded a coach and were driven like a bunch of kids on excursion to a zoo.

I'm glad Buhari refused the invitation and sent VP Osinbanjo instead.

Have some self respect and dignity Africans. How would they ever respect you when you don't even respect yourselves?

This information is not valid or completely true. Putin was not invited

https://thehill.com/policy/international/3649622-these-world-leaders-were-not-invited-to-the-queens-funeral/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by DJANGOTBG: 1:06pm On Sep 20, 2022
tishbite42:

Your obsession with Putin is pathetic

Were you expecting a man who didn't attend Gorbachev's funeral after denying him a state burial to attend a certain Elizabeth burial?!
Did Stalin attend the burial of King George III?!?!

PUTIN WAS NOT INVITED but you said he declined invitation. He wasn’t invited at all. Whether he attends or not is not our business. FACT is; he wasn’t invited to the state funeral. Simple.

My obsession with Putin? Are you high?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Asour: 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2022
Lifeiseazi:

Erdogan survived two coup

IBB and Abacha survived 2 known coups and multiple unknown.

Does that make them at par with Erdogan or other world leaders too?
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by tishbite42: 1:12pm On Sep 20, 2022
DJANGOTBG:

PUTIN WAS NOT INVITED but you said he declined invitation. He wasn’t invited at all. Whether he attends or not is not our business. FACT is; he wasn’t invited to the state funeral. Simple.

My obsession with Putin? Are you high?
When did I say he was invited?!?
Quit taking cheap drugs
A pack of AZ is #500. That will be fine enough for you.
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Karnice600: 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2022
WriterNig:
4. Saudi Arabia Crown Prince - HRH Mohammed Bin Salman (refused invitation, sent a state minister instead)
5. Turkey's President - Recep Tayyip Erdoğan (refused to attend without his private motorcade)

But our African leaders shamelessly boarded a coach and were driven like a bunch of kids on excursion to a zoo.

Have some self respect and dignity Africans. How would they ever respect you when you don't even respect yourselves?
Mtcheww. Another stupid thread by a pootin lunatik.
How Putin go fit reject IV wey dem no give am? where you dey carry yeye news from?
Nansense

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Faithful007: 1:13pm On Sep 20, 2022
Juoflife1:
Oga rest... They came with SUVs. Not bus. Australian prime minister, macron, Boris etc. They got down from the SUVs one after the other with their spouses. They stood close to the door and the protocol led them to their seats. You didn't see all that?
Alright show me the video where they came down from SUVS grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by budaatum: 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2022
From now on I think whenever I want to disrespect a Nigerian I should just say:

Get the bus

Because that seems to be the one thing that diminishes the self esteem of some!

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Juoflife1(f): 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2022
I watched on my TV. If you want to see the videos, go to YouTube. World leaders arriving for the funeral. It's everywhere. It's like you didn't watch it. SUV or bus is really not important for me, Right information is.
Faithful007:
Alright show me the video where they came down from SUVS grin
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by casualobserver: 1:24pm On Sep 20, 2022
JuanDeDios:

I'm sure you really believe all you wrote. Well, I recently met a lady who feels just like you.

the problem with most Nigerians is they talk with emotion rather than facts. Like I said Nigerians are not really as smart as they like to think.

I live in the SW, Lagos ibadan road, after failed attempts under OBJ and GEJ, Buhari has reconstructed that road, similarly, lagos ibadan rail, apapa oworo express way, Ibadan to ilesha road under reconstruction, Murtala muhammed airport, ibadan to ilorin, we all know how bad marina outer ring road was and so on and so forth, etc etc and similarly in the SE 2nd Niger bridge etc and other regions of Nigeria, there are new roads and bridges that nobody thought to build or reconstruct since 1999. All over the country there are federal infrastructure projects going on!!! Despite grid failures, Buhari has added more to the power generation supply capacity of ANY president in Nigeria's history not just since 1999...go and verify. The reason we arent feeling it yet is because the transmission capacity cannot handle it but he has signed a deal with Siemens and equipment have started to arrive. He has signed electoral reforms which makes it harder to rig elections, he has signed laws that has made it possible for states to generate their own power, We are now self sufficient in rice production...fact!!! These are just a few lasting legacies, there are more but these are just examples that when you talk you back your talk with facts. The link below is a list of federal projects in the SE https://statehouse.gov.ng/news/a-compendium-of-president-buharis-ongoing-and-completed-infrastructure-projects-and-policy-successes-in-south-east-nigeria/

So, please list for us the lasting legacies of Obasanjo and Jonathan besides selling critical job creating national assets (like Airways, discos, steel plants, fertiliser companies etc etc to cronies and looting monies meant for infrastructure without building any infrastructure? Which road, rail or electricity project did they embark upon that impacts on your life and you are enjoying today? Buhari's biggest failure and it is a big failure is his failure to get the refineries working because that is where the hardship being experienced by Nigerians stems from. Subsidy and forex used to import fuel leading to inflation. However, in spite of that and Insecurity he is still a more succesful president than any since 1999. The things i listed above will benefit Nigerians for decades to come, tell me the things OBJ and GEJ left that you are enjoying less than 16 or 8 years after they left office!!! ofcourse there are still bad roads and an infrastructure deficit in Nigeria but if his predecessors had done even half or even one-third of what he has done in terms on infrastructure, our roads, rail, electricty etc wouldnt be so bad. If Obasanjo or GEJ had done Lagos-Ibadan rd, then Buhari could have directed his attention to Lagos-Abeokuta for instance and that road wouldnt be in the state it is today. Buhari has completed lagos to ibdan rail, so the next person will start from ibdan to somewhere else...thats how a nation builds infrastructure but in a situation where people do nothing for 16 years it's no shock we have an infrastructure deficit!!! According for fashola, Buhari is executing federal road contracts covering 13,000kms of roads. he wouldnt need to do so much if those before him did something!!!

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/buharis-govt-executing-800-contracts-13000km-of-roads-says-fashola/

Easy to come on nairaland make noise and abuse, lets deal in facts...list the enduring legacies of OBJ and GEJ as compared to Buhari. Criticise him all you want, no doubt there are areas in which he has done poorly but give the man his props....the facts on ground do not lie!!!! The legacy (by definition) is what you leave behind after you have gone, you cannot take good roads, rail etc with you when you leave but if you dont construct any, you have nothing to leave behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by judedwriter(m): 1:26pm On Sep 20, 2022
Bilabong:
Where u expecting Putin to attend?

No, but he has enough spies there!
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Karnice600: 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2022
Acidosis:
Kudos to Erdogan. The funny thing is Turkiye's economy is in a total mess. But self-respect has never been about money. Na wetin we dey explain to some second class world citizens be dat on the other thread. Nobody will respect Africans/blacks unless we begin to respect ourselves. The double standard in the world is too much.

China has a population of 1.5 billion. A typical Chinese President controls 20% of the world's population. If Xi says he's the most powerful world leader on that basis alone and, therefore, be accorded equal respect, is he wrong?

The rhythm wey dey play inside your head pass reggae and hip hop mixed togetherp. This cannot be effect of iggbo. Disuan is genetic iberibeism.
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Bruno3000(m): 1:35pm On Sep 20, 2022
Same here, told them i might cause a scene if allowed to show face.
Totilopussylick:
I declined the invention because that woman contributed to the problems going on in Nigeria tongue undecided
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by asanausana91: 1:37pm On Sep 20, 2022
WriterNig:

are you normal? People like you are the people that are encouraging corruption. Going with your convoy for a one day event,do you know how much will be voted for? People like you will tell a governor that is not support to live in in his 3 bedroom flat just because he is elected as a governor. United States of America have the money, Arabs have oil money but you that have nothing is encouraging our corrupt president to continue looting just because you want to show up.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by asanausana91: 1:48pm On Sep 20, 2022
Sergio103:
The African leaders that went were packed like an ice fish in a bus.

So Putin was right after all
black man mentality. If everybody was to bring his convoy to that burial, how will you control the crowd? Shameless followers like you. So you think a president should not enter bus or what.
No wonder African politicians are stealing anyhow, the followers are encouraging corruption, telling every president to carry his convoy to a burial is foolishness. More than 200 presidents attended that event and you want them to bring their convoy?
African problem is their followers.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Lifeiseazi: 1:55pm On Sep 20, 2022
Asour:

IBB and Abacha survived 2 known coups and multiple unknown.

Does that make them at par with Erdogan or other world leaders too?
No…but security wise Erdogan life is also at risk just like that of US president.
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Karnice600: 1:56pm On Sep 20, 2022
BABANGBALI:
How come her coughing was not opened throughout the lying in state for people to see her body?

Okay, now coughing is only for the living. Coffin, is for the dead.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by asanausana91: 1:58pm On Sep 20, 2022
WriterNig:

Biden, Trudeau, Olaf Scholz, Macron, and Arab leaders that used a motorcade, they aren't humans like you?

Black SLAVE in love with his masters.

Now sod off!
I believe you are one of the zombiedients that was jumping that Obi saved billions for Anambara state. But come here to tell your president to spend recklessly.
You guys are so pathetic.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by DJANGOTBG: 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2022
tishbite42:

When did I say he was invited?!?
Quit taking cheap drugs
A pack of AZ is #500. That will be fine enough for you.

I think you’re the high person. You think everyone on Nairaland is a kid like you?

What do you mean by refused invitation when in actual fact he wasn’t invited at all?

I smoke weed bro, I won’t deny it. And I’m not in Nigeria with you, I work and smoke with my boss during break who is a renowned dollar millionaire in a world class pharmaceutical company.

Normally, if no be nairaland I go come your house mend you well well.

2 Likes

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by PDPdestroyer(m): 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2022
casualobserver:

the problem with most Nigerians is they talk with emotion rather than facts. Like I said Nigerians are not really as smart as they like to think.

I live in the SW, Lagos ibadan road, after failed attempts under OBJ and GEJ, Buhari has reconstructed that road, similarly, lagos ibadan rail, apapa oworo express way, Ibadan to ilesha road under reconstruction, Murtala muhammed airport, ibadan to ilorin, we all know how bad marina outer ring road was and so on and so forth, etc etc and similarly in the SE 2nd Niger bridge etc and other regions of Nigeria, there are new roads and bridges that nobody thought to build or reconstruct since 1999. All over the country there are federal infrastructure projects going on!!! Despite grid failures, Buhari has added more to the power generation supply capacity of ANY president in Nigeria's history not just since 1999...go and verify. The reason we arent feeling it yet is because the transmission capacity cannot handle it but he has signed a deal with Siemens and equipment have started to arrive. He has signed electoral reforms which makes it harder to rig elections, he has signed laws that has made it possible for states to generate their own power, We are now self sufficient in rice production...fact!!! These are just a few lasting legacies, there are more but these are just examples that when you talk you back your talk with facts. The link below is a list of federal projects in the SE https://statehouse.gov.ng/news/a-compendium-of-president-buharis-ongoing-and-completed-infrastructure-projects-and-policy-successes-in-south-east-nigeria/

So, please list for us the lasting legacies of Obasanjo and Jonathan besides selling critical job creating national assets (like Airways, discos, steel plants, fertiliser companies etc etc to cronies and looting monies meant for infrastructure without building any infrastructure? Which road, rail or electricity project did they embark upon that impacts on your life and you are enjoying today? Buhari's biggest failure and it is a big failure is his failure to get the refineries working because that is where the hardship being experienced by Nigerians stems from. Subsidy and forex used to import fuel leading to inflation. However, in spite of that and Insecurity he is still a more succesful president than any since 1999. The things i listed above will benefit Nigerians for decades to come, tell me the things OBJ and GEJ left that you are enjoying less than 16 or 8 years after they left office!!! ofcourse there are still bad roads and an infrastructure deficit in Nigeria but if his predecessors had done even half or even one-third of what he has done in terms on infrastructure, our roads, rail, electricty etc wouldnt be so bad. If Obasanjo or GEJ had done Lagos-Ibadan rd, then Buhari could have directed his attention to Lagos-Abeokuta for instance and that road wouldnt be in the state it is today. Buhari has completed lagos to ibdan rail, so the next person will start from ibdan to somewhere else...thats how a nation builds infrastructure but in a situation where people do nothing for 16 years it's no shock we have an infrastructure deficit!!! According for fashola, Buhari is executing federal road contracts covering 13,000kms of roads. he wouldnt need to do so much if those before him did something!!!

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/08/buharis-govt-executing-800-contracts-13000km-of-roads-says-fashola/

Easy to come on nairaland make noise and abuse, lets deal in facts...list the enduring legacies of OBJ and GEJ as compared to Buhari. Criticise him all you want, no doubt there are areas in which he has done poorly but give the man his props....the facts on ground do not lie!!!! The legacy (by definition) is what you leave behind after you have gone, you cannot take good roads, rail etc with you when you leave but if you dont construct any, you have nothing to leave behind.

Nice submission and totally agree with you. Do you have any evidence to back up the claim that Buhari has added more to the national grid than any president in Nigeria's history?
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by asanausana91: 2:03pm On Sep 20, 2022
BeanmanX:
White ass licker that's what u are...if you were sensible enough you would have castigated your slave masters instead of supporting them..
you are disgracing that woman that give birth to a fooool. Spending your scarced resources to convey a whole convoy of your president just because of show up? Now I know why our leaders are stealing anyhow. So this is what Obi is coming to do?
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2022
WriterNig:

Buhari is the most shameless. He will soon jump to the UK for medical treatments.

1 Like

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by casualobserver: 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2022
PDPdestroyer:

Nice submission and totally agree with you. Do you have any evidence to back up the claim that Buhari has added more to the national grid than any president in Nigeria's history?
our current Generating capacity is well above 10,000MW i think 12000MW if I recall correctly, As at the time he entered if I recall correctly it was 5000-6000MW. I will look for offocial figures and get back to you. it may take a while as i am busy but I will get back to you.

BTW
I didnt say "added to the grid", I said added to generating capacity, the grid is the stumbling block because the capacity is around 4000mw hence the Siemens deal for which equipment has just started to arrive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by iHateFraudsters: 2:06pm On Sep 20, 2022
Masterito:
Putin was not invited. It was clearly stated on Aljazeera and BBC news. Do you have the invitation letter of Putin?

And do you have the link to the aljazeera news?

Aljazeera only, I don't need BBC News link.
Re: Vladimir Putin, Xi, Modi & World Leaders Not Present At The Queen Funeral (Pics) by asanausana91: 2:07pm On Sep 20, 2022
Faithful007:
Everyone listed below was confirmed to have entered the bus. Yet none of these countries are complaining.
don't mind the mumu. Tomorrow they will be crying corruption corruption. How can a normal human being expect every president to carry his convoy to England.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Mike Sonko, Kenyan Governor Who Has Gold Cars, 24 Karat Gold Phones, Gold Wines / Paul Rusesabagina (Hotel Rwanda Hero) Convicted In Sham Trial / George Weah Is New President Of Liberia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.