Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,264 members, 7,818,895 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? (22623 Views)

Artificial Insemination By A Single Lady Is Unnatural And A Sin. / Is It A Sin When You Don’t Go To Church On Sunday? / Artificial Insemination, A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Yankee101: 10:27pm On Sep 21, 2022
Most women get marriage offers
They just keep selecting when young
A woman’s eggs stop producing once older
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by maasoap(m): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2022
If it is a sin, her God should have provided husband for her now
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Kobojunkie: 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
Adeebiwa09:
1. Hello, earlier I saw this comment of yours but didn't think it was important to comment but going to recent post you man I think I need to because it appeared to me like you were saying God didn't institute conception and the fact that you stated here that pregnancy musty not be through sexual intercourse. If that is not your stand then forgive my commenting or addressing the matter while quoting you.

2. The matter of fruitfulness and multiplication speaks largely about procreation and twice in the above scripture was it mentioned, for the fowls of the air and fishes of the sea, then for man (AND the beast of the field and creeping things) an order of procreation was set up there. Also note that every of the living things were giving grass, seeds and fruits for food including man not until Noah was flesh added to it. So there was a generalization of life-mode. Later in Genesis 3:15-16 KJV

3. Seed (offspring) was already expected of every living thing, then the next verse says I will multiply thy conception not because of this you will conceive, its a "when you conceive" not "now you will conceive". Chapter 4 then said Adam knew (coupulated, had sex, slept with, had intercourse with) his wife and she bore. Sex was and is the way for conception.

4. Finally, animals have sex to reproduce. Maybe you have seen a monkey carrying the sperm and putting in inside the vagina of a female monkey before, they still maintain the core of the proclamation of God in Gen. 1. Unfortunately whilst God has given us free will and allowed scientific advancement, we seek to create our own way.

5a. Q and A. Why does man still need sperm and egg to make a baby?
b. Why has clone not worked? Why can't we make humans with our scientific knowledge?
c. The day a human being that is alive is made by man, antichrist don land. Thank you, sorry for the long read
1. It is in fact what scripture reveals. undecided

2. And so? undecided

3. How can God expect a seed(offspring) as you claim from those whom He created Eunuchs from their birth and those whom He made Eunuchs in this life as well as those who He allowed living as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom? undecided

4. Not all animals that were created by God reproduce via copulation. Many in fact don't copulate as you assume. e.g. Sea stars etc. undecided

5a. You assume man needs sperm and egg to produce a baby because that seems to be all you have known of till now. Soon, that will no longer be true https://www.newscientist.com/article/2220321-early-mouse-fetuses-generated-without-sperm-or-eggs-for-first-time/
5b. Who told you cloning hasn't worked? Eve was the first clone. She was made from Adam's very cells and as such was his clone. Just because science is not able to do it now does not mean it won't be in a couple more years to come. undecided
5c. If you want to believe that, you can as well go ahead. undecided
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Kobojunkie: 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2022
Blizzy300:
This is one of the consequential topics in religion
Bioethics
If you are considering doing this, it should be discussed with a cleric or theologian
Not on a NL filled with biased opinions
Nonsense! undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:

the devil worshippers (aka yeye xtians who read their holybook upside down to fit their deluded narrow minded selfish agenda) have arrived!!!
here, let me bless you religious ignorants with a great verse from your own holybook:

Exodus 22:22-24
“Do not take advantage of the widow or the fatherless. If you do and they cry out to me, I will certainly hear their cry. My anger will be aroused, and I will kill you with the sword; your wives will become widows and your children fatherless.

Like I said earlier foolish assertions, I won't need to bother with you. Cos basically your mind is locked no matter the legible matters I present it won't enter
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by mario2k(m): 10:38pm On Sep 21, 2022
I'm making reference to something that don't exist,lol.

YOU THINK OPENING YOUR MOUTH TO SPILL THRASH WILL MAKE YOU TREND. IF YOU THINK GOD DOES NOT EXIST, MY JOY IS WHEN EXIST EARTH YOU WILL MEET HIM. THEN YOU WILL REGRET THIS NONSENSE YOU VOMITTED. MUMU FALLING ANGEL
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by culf: 10:44pm On Sep 21, 2022
raphretle:
So supposing an unmarried woman decides to artificially inseminate herself because she is approaching menopause.. Then she gets pregnant.
Is it a sin??
Note: Fornication is not involved.
What would be the stand of the church on such issues?

1. the donor is suppose to be a good person in character and deed.

2. religiously I don't know, ask God to show you a sign but it might not be cool religiously though but like I said, I don't know.

3. Also, Why not approach a good guy you know have good treat and discuss with him. He can father the child and will be it. you can also give him access to the child, it will mean a lot to the baby. From your post, you sound financially OK so let him know training the child won't be a problem but if he won't to contribute, fine. A lot of guys wants children but don't because some don't have the means while other sets don't want to marry.

4. Adoption is also very cool.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Lol...why does god need to do that ?

Because God knows mankind doesn't need any lengthy write-up in the name of laws to live a holy life, all we need is an exemplar {Deuteronomy 6:6-9} and since the first man failed to be our role model mankind need another Adam {1Corinthians 15:45} who will set the standard with his life! 1Peter 2:21

So just like the first human Son of God Adam {Luke 3:38} Jesus is the only equivalent of Adam to be our role model! John 3:16 smiley

1 Like

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by blank(f): 10:54pm On Sep 21, 2022
raphretle:
So supposing an unmarried woman decides to artificially inseminate herself because she is approaching menopause.. Then she gets pregnant.
Is it a sin??

How can it be a sin? Who comes up with these "rules"? What commandment is being broken? Gatekeepers of morality on the loose.

2 Likes

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Stanleyq: 11:07pm On Sep 21, 2022
Allahmuzayaf:

I'm making reference to something that don't exist,lol.
And whats that something that does not exist
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by babajeje123(m): 11:09pm On Sep 21, 2022

1 Like

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Adeebiwa09(m): 11:13pm On Sep 21, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. It is in fact what scripture reveals. undecided

2. And so? undecided

3. How can God expect a seed(offspring) as you claim from those whom He created Eunuchs from their birth and those whom He made Eunuchs in this life as well as those who He allowed living as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom? undecided

4. Not all animals that were created by God reproduce via copulation. Many in fact don't copulate as you assume. e.g. Sea stars etc. undecided

5a. You assume man needs sperm and egg to produce a baby because that seems to be all you have known of till now. Soon, that will no longer be true https://www.newscientist.com/article/2220321-early-mouse-fetuses-generated-without-sperm-or-eggs-for-first-time/
5b. Who told you cloning hasn't worked? Eve was the first clone. She was made from Adam's very cells and as such was his clone. Just because science is not able to do it now does not mean it won't be in a couple more years to come. undecided
5c. If you want to believe that, you can as well go ahead. undecided

Lolx hahahahahaha sorry I needed to laugh first

1. Show what and how scripture unequivocally denounce that God didn't institute procreation

2. "And so?" this literarily doesn't make sense to me. I can also write "and so". Disprove what I said with facts not side comments of what you probably don't understand.

3. Your comment on Eunuch is from what Jesus said, now let's do a little analysis
a. God made eunuch can either mean God created them impotent or God seperated them unto himself from their mother's womb Eg Paul, Jesus so they didn't get married neither did they give birth. As such it's not a question of ability it's that of ordination. If it's the former then God would have contradicted himself, because he gives the ability to produce to man littered in scriptures, infact anything barrenness is mentioned in the bible it was attributed to the female gender.
b and c. Made themselves Eunuch either by castration or choice of not giving birth again not a question of ability. Castration, meanwhile, was an anti God process so no Jew as a Jew was castrated. Jezebel an anti God personal first initiated it in the bible (an extrapolation)
3a, b and c should cover everything eunuchry

4. In my choice of case study I used the higher animals, of course you would not see the capture of what biology has made as the classification of living things nor the kingdoms to species. So asexual reproduction is still captured in be fruitful.

5. Preaching to the choir, all these things you are bringing up if my field of study. Now there is what is called PARTHENOGENESIS. Lolx the fact you are saying soon it won't be so validates something I wanted to say earlier. Man especially in science seek to disprove the existence of God, it's always been the pursuit in many quarters, they are like the Egyptian sorcerers, as if turning water to blood, frogs everywhere and snake was not enough they added to it by trying to do it and created more. Instead of looking for solution they create more problem. If you read through history you will see how what became scientific advancement cost us many things. 'Soon' you say well they (and you) are atleast 6000 years late. Then you said feotus, why not self reproduction and natural (without scientific additions or influence). If parthenogenesis was possible, let see it happen in man or many other higher animals. There are only two white rhinoceros left in the world and they are both females, they are guarded night and day by at least three security operative to preserve them from poachers let both of them become 'lesbians' and reproduce.

5b. Logic without reasoning is foolishness, that's why it's called logical reasoning. Here you are trying to belittle or drag anything that makes God God but still referring to the same God. It's ridiculous and senseless honestly but I will humor you I believe you have little or no handle on the matters around biology and cloning. Google it, cloning is the production of the same, replica of the original. Adam was male eve was female that's already anti cloning. Clones cannot reproduce because of genetic mixup, even if the can biology has said that children produce from incest lacks resistance to diseases and what have you, that's why even the depravity in sexual context incest or inbreeding is still prohibited. So no Eve was not Adam's clone

5c. This your statement is a sign that yo don't believe or cannot defend what you are saying. I said that both as a warning sign and also to state the impossibility of it. Man cannot make man.

It was nice talking with you. If you reply this and I don't reply its because I don't see the need to. Every point you have raised has been disproven, debunked and counted, read and let it sink. Thank you
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Okhuadams(m): 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
you are talking of the HYPOCRISY of the church here... aka they would look down on this female as if she was the dirtiest wh0re in town and completely forget that their baba jesus mother was technically the same.
I see technical madness
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Kobojunkie: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2022
Adeebiwa09:
1. Show what and how scripture unequivocally denounce that God didn't institute procreation

2. "And so?" this literarily doesn't make sense to me. I can also write "and so". Disprove what I said with facts not side comments of what you probably don't understand.

3. Your comment on Eunuch is from what Jesus said, now let's do a little analysis
a. God made eunuch can either mean God created them impotent or God seperated them unto himself from their mother's womb Eg Paul, Jesus so they didn't get married neither did they give birth. As such it's not a question of ability it's that of ordination. If it's the former then God would have contradicted himself, because he gives the ability to produce to man littered in scriptures, infact anything barrenness is mentioned in the bible it was attributed to the female gender.
b and c. Made themselves Eunuch either by castration or choice of not giving birth again not a question of ability. Castration, meanwhile, was an anti God process so no Jew as a Jew was castrated. Jezebel an anti God personal first initiated it in the bible (an extrapolation)
3a, b and c should cover everything eunuchry

4. In my choice of case study I used the higher animals, of course you would not see the capture of what biology has made as the classification of living things nor the kingdoms to species. So asexual reproduction is still captured in be fruitful.

5. Preaching to the choir, all these things you are bringing up if my field of study. Now there is what is called PARTHENOGENESIS. Lolx the fact you are saying soon it won't be so validates something I wanted to say earlier. Man especially in science seek to disprove the existence of God, it's always been the pursuit in many quarters, they are like the Egyptian sorcerers, as if turning water to blood, frogs everywhere and snake was not enough they added to it by trying to do it and created more. Instead of looking for solution they create more problem. If you read through history you will see how what became scientific advancement cost us many things. 'Soon' you say well they (and you) are atleast 6000 years late. Then you said feotus, why not self reproduction and natural (without scientific additions or influence). If parthenogenesis was possible, let see it happen in man or many other higher animals. There are only two white rhinoceros left in the world and they are both females, they are guarded night and day by at least three security operative to preserve them from poachers let both of them become 'lesbians' and reproduce.

5b. Logic without reasoning is foolishness, that's why it's called logical reasoning. Here you are trying to belittle or drag anything that makes God God but still referring to the same God. It's ridiculous and senseless honestly but I will humor you I believe you have little or no handle on the matters around biology and cloning. Google it, cloning is the production of the same, replica of the original. Adam was male eve was female that's already anti cloning. Clones cannot reproduce because of genetic mixup, even if the can biology has said that children produce from incest lacks resistance to diseases and what have you, that's why even the depravity in sexual context incest or inbreeding is still prohibited. So no Eve was not Adam's clone

5c. This your statement is a sign that yo don't believe or cannot defend what you are saying. I said that both as a warning sign and also to state the impossibility of it. Man cannot make man.

It was nice talking with you. If you reply this and I don't reply its because I don't see the need to. Every point you have raised has been disproven, debunked and counted, read and let it sink. Thank you
1. Matthew 19 vs 12. undecided

3. Again, read Matthew 19 vs 12. undecided

4. God created all animals, did He not? undecided

5a. Your response makes no sense considering what it is in response to. undecided
5b. There you go again making rules thinking they are yours to make. Again, according to scripture Eve was made from the same stock as Adam. undecided
5c. Of course I don't believe you since I would rather deal with facts. undecided
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by tctrills: 11:46pm On Sep 21, 2022
Gkay1:

I guess you are a bastard or one of them
No I am not. But I don't need to guess, your lack of home training shows that your parents are failures. They failed you and now you are a danger to the rest of us—shame on them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by walefalana(m): 11:55pm On Sep 21, 2022
sonmvayina:
Why would any woman even consider it?

Genealogy is only transferred from father to son.
So which story will the woman tell the child when he/she comes of age?

Lie upon lie upon lie..

Spiritually speaking only men where commanded to get married. Women are not obliged. This is because a man needs a woman to be complete while women come complete..

Aaaah! ������
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Gospel2Day: 12:25am On Sep 22, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Where exactly did God state this to you in scripture? undecided

2. Did God tell you that a child must have fatherly attention and affection and admonition? If yes, where? undecided

3. Where did God tell you that incest is sin? please provide scriptural reference abeg! undecided

4. Where did God tell you that He did not plan conception outside of lawful wedlock? undecided

Your questions reveal your shocking ignorance of the Bible, the MOST POPULAR AND WIDELY READ RELIGIOUS BOOK IN THE WORLD.
That's not something you should be proud of.
Being unwilling to learn and research biblical truths for oneself in this time and age is not a trait of intellectuals and intelligent persons.
So, I will advise you type the questions you asked me above into the browser on your phone and see the answers for yourself.
When you're done doing that, you can get back to me to continue our conversation.
Thanks.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Kobojunkie: 1:57am On Sep 22, 2022
Gospel2Day:
Your questions reveal your shocking ignorance of the Bible, the MOST POPULAR AND WIDELY READ RELIGIOUS BOOK IN THE WORLD.
That's not something you should be proud of.
Being unwilling to learn and research biblical truths for oneself in this time and age is not a trait of intellectuals and intelligent persons.
So, I will advise you type the questions you asked me above into the browser on your phone and see the answers for yourself.
When you're done doing that, you can get back to me to continue our conversation..
Ad Populum... clear indication you have no clue if or where such scriptures even exist. I suggest you go around spreading lies regarding that which is in scripture. It is sin against God to do so. undecided
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by alabo1: 5:14am On Sep 22, 2022
tctrills:

Oga, you are clearly living in a lost world. First children are not property. In the world we live in, a man does not have anymore rights to his kids than a woman. I advise you to wake up from your lost world. And yes, tell your daughter and sister to remain childless because no one married them.

Some of these people belong on another planet. Man owns Children ke? It's a pity that religion can make people lose their brains
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by PapaFejiro: 5:45am On Sep 22, 2022
No it's not. Please fo ahead and have your child and impossible onetowo more.
If marriage is not coming, it's good you have your children to make your life eventful and not lonely.
Please go ahead.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by emysmile: 5:47am On Sep 22, 2022
Hmmm cryHmmm
The confusion for world no gree crayfish straight o
Ayam just reading comments
una weldone o
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by phemmyfour: 5:52am On Sep 22, 2022
raphretle:
Is it a sin??
It's a sin. Child upbringing is designed by God to be execute by both Parents (father n mother) by default
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by LadyTara(f): 6:15am On Sep 22, 2022
I will not be surprised if "so called Christians " call artificial insemination a sin, many of them already consider IVF a sin.A friend told me of how a man boldly got up in their church during Sunday school and said this bullshit knowing there was a sister who had done IVF in their midst.

The hypocrisy of religious people is so annoying and it's leaves little or no room for objective reasoning and innovation.

At a point people will learn to do what makes them happy regardless of what mere mortals like them think. If you have the means to take care of a child ,do what you have to do to get one,if you so desire. Some women dump their child in bushes and all, heaven has not fallen.If all was to be fair, such people shouldn't have the opportunity to even have children again, but they will while people who have the means to take care of a child have to go through several hurdles to get one.

Make everybody do wetin go make them happy abeg. And for the rest of the sin watchers and heaven gate keepers ,you all will learn to face your heavenly race and mind your business by hook or crook, when we reach where God dey we go sort am out ,for now ,let me sin in peace.Nonsense and ingredients. angry

1 Like

Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Steep: 6:56am On Sep 22, 2022
Yes it is a sin. It is a sin if the seed of the man is not your husband.

Somebody mentioned Mary. Mary conception was by the holy ghost. The seed was not of a man but of God.

As for Artificial sperms and eggs there is little or no chance it will ever be realizable.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 22, 2022
MrBrownJay1:
you are talking of the HYPOCRISY of the church here... aka they would look down on this female as if she was the dirtiest wh0re in town and completely forget that their baba jesus mother was technically the same.
Bros even your useless mother is a wh*re it affects you too.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Abbey2908: 7:55am On Sep 22, 2022
It's ungodly. No any other name to call it
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by DonMekino(m): 8:34am On Sep 22, 2022
Sin?? She should rather have better sex and produce children abeg....why do you ppl always hammer on sin sin??
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by ignatiuschinedu(m): 9:01am On Sep 22, 2022
It is wrong and wrong.let her wait upon the lord
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by oneclickng: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2022
raphretle:
Is it a sin??
Come, let me impregnate you
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by muyico(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2022
Artificial fornicator
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by CaptMarvel(m): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2022
raphretle:
Is it a sin??
its more like getting pregnant for your boyfriend whom you didn't marry, millions of this cases exist. And we understand that such offsprings are known as illegitimate. But such is not an unforgivable sin, in as much as you are not living under the same roof in fornication with the said father.

Churches opinions might differ reason being that they have code of conducts and ethics that guide their members.
Re: Is Artificial Insemination A Sin When Done By A Single Lady?? by Okarakwu: 10:32am On Sep 22, 2022
Did the story of Lot and his children not happened ? Out of 12 one was exempted, God's plans are beautiful . And who feeds you with your own lies and nonsense ? If to become a celibate is your calling ,stick to it.
Kobojunkie:
Make una softly softly dey manufacture these una lies abeg! undecided

Which God? The same God who created some Eunuchs from their birth, made some Eunuchs in this life, and allowed others live as Eunuchs for the sake of His Kingdom? undecided

Abeg, make una dey verify all the nonsense wey una pastors and mogs dey feed una against the Truth of Jesus Christ abeg! undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

27 Minutes To Midnight 2012 Edition/elisha Goodman / Happy 61 Birthday To Pastor David Oyedepo / Leke Adeboye Gifts Worshippers Free Fuel, Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.